Page 72 of 113 FirstFirst ... 22626364656667686970717273747576777879808182 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 2241

Thread: My Date With A Vampire 1-3

Default Who Post MDWV3

i want the rebirth theme song ... any one can send me thru EMail??
    [email protected]

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Larryhoo89
    i want the rebirth theme song ... any one can send me thru EMail??
    [email protected]

if anyone does send the song to me...PM me and let me know...thank you
    Day and Night ~~~Left and Right ~~~Ups and Downs ~~~Front and Back ~~~Good and Bad~~~

The Opposite of life

Default Say Hi

Hi, just wondering if this thread is down or the interest has died down?
    I know i am kinda late. But I am from Singapore. Just finished the whole series via VCDs. Am not really new to the series, but I find it to be nicer than the previous series. Yeah I know, some might not agree.

So excited I was to find this thread that I read thru the 72 pages in one day! Some very enriching information!

Ok, if anyone is interested, here's something I noticed. Xiao Ling's Mum is Tang Jinbao. Reversing the order of the name is a brand of famous soup. Well named for her duty as Meng Po. : )

Quoted From Kidd: I skimmed through episode 35 yesterday. What I don't get is, how can Fate not know that Di Zhang Wang has reincarnated into Siu Fu's body? If my archenemy is going to reincarnate and I'm the one who is responsible for causing him to reincarnate, I'll sure keep tap of where he has gone to. Also, Siu Fu is suppose to die shortly after birth, but didn't. Wouldn't Fate sense something is not right?

I find that there are some versions to your asked question of above, I have another perspective, still interested? (Wow, this qn is eight months ago....)

But anyway, I guess will popped in to see whats new once a while. I have exams in a months time. Sad to say, by that time maybe the thread will disappear...

see ya around
    Last edited by wusiaobo; 09-24-05 at 08:42 PM.

Hi wusiaobo,

Welcome to the thread. I'm always interested in thoughtful discussions about this series. So,yeah, I'm still interested in reading your perspective on the question.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by lovemdwav
    Hey, this is a question I had always wanted to ask... Anyone watched MDWAV 1? Well, I haven't watch it yet, (Its with my sis), but may I ask is Eric (Tian You) a green-eye vampire in MDWAV 1? He sure has a level at that time, rite? But, how come I see an extracted part from Hwee Hwee's blog, which is the touching scene (where Xiaoling pleaded with Tian You and dropped her first tear), Tian You's eyes are normal? I thought he is a green-eye vampire? He only got fangs, but no coloured eyes...thats quite strange.. and how come his hair is white at that time? And now its not white at all? Is it a matter concerning his level and powers? In MDWAV 3, he has stylo hair and no white hair like in MDWAV 1 and 2..(except for Pinky Cheung)...Can anyone be kind enough to explain my doubts? haha..the problem for me is not on MDWAV 3, but MDWAV 1 more...thank you..
    MDWAV 1 world is a bit different from MDWAV 2 and 3. I think MDVAW 2 & 3 were only made because MDWAV 1 was well received. So, most of the vampire rules (i.e vampire eyes ranking) was only set in MDWAV 2.

--------SPOILER--------------

Sorry, due to my Cantonese Illiteracy, I can only use Chinese or HanYu Pinyin hope all of you dont mind

Ok, here goes:

Dizang Miling is the collection of power and wisdom of Dizang Wang. Before Dizang Wang went for the reincarnation, he assigned Jinbao to take over Mengpo.
    This is the intelligent move. Anyone going for reincarnation will have to go to drink the MengPo Soup to forget the 5 tastes. But he didnt need to, not because he is non law-abiding, is that his knowlege is transfered and kept. So it doesnt matter even if he really drink and forget. If he does, he already assign previous Assistant Dizang to open his knowledge at some point later. My opinion is he drank.

How? Jinbao can walk away from the Menpo Section and carry a bluish liquid anywhere. This is what contradicts our perception on MengPo ^^. She 'steal' out the liquid to Dizang Wang at the hospital; let Dizang drink w/o him going into the wheel of reincarnation (Not seen by us audience). If he does go there, its an action (birth/reincarnate) and will be detected by Fate.

Remember Tian You say about the WangXiangTai? Even a Vampire has the knowledge of this (how could Fate not know), but it (Fate) doesnt know about the Dizang Miling. Notice that Fate is able to have knowlege of all the 6 Sentient Beings via their ACTIONS. Any communications through mental knowlege, transfer of knowledge through special means (Dizang Miling) is beyond its reach. Which is quite true, when Fate was the once TianShu, Destiny(Future) or History(Past) is what it planned for. There's nothing Fate cant have knowledge of, except Man's thoughts. That is why, "the more you fight aginst Fate (via actions), the more it binds up against you" - Yuan Bupo.

(I will share my entire view on Fate (Final Boss) later, since is tied to this question. I refer Fate as "it" for easier reference. Chan13 want Fate to be a guy )

Therefore, that's the reason why Fate cant keep tabs on Dizang Wang as Xiaohu. It said that itself: " ...that damned Dizang Wang SECRETLY reincarnate as Ma Xiaohu..." The only time Fate knew this is when Ma Xiaohu materialise as Dizang Wang to repel the deadly diease.

Also Ma Xiaohu (baby) is NOT destined to die. He was having very, very slim chance of survival, since he doesnt have a soul at childbirth. He is not suppose to be born in he first place. But by surviving (Action), shouldnt surprise Fate too much. Besides, Ma Xiaohu didnt have too exciting first half of his life (Dizang planned this) So, this is what I guess: Dizang Wang simply transfer his soul into Xiaohu after drinking the Jinbao Soup. Thus, to hide from Fate as well as to be able to fight Fate as a Ma.

Ok, that's all. I will share my views on the following later:

1) Fate
    2) Pangu
    3) "Are there Vampires on other planets?" - Yuan Bupo to Tian Yi (but w/o answer)
    *4) Why is there 2 more arrows flying towards XiaoLing and Tian You?

*Answer lies in the wordings....

One question for you guys and gals, I know its quite stupid:

What is the exact DATE of the Last Crusade (Battle of ShengMu and RenWang) in the OLD 2004? (Tian Ya is born in the OLD Feb 3 2005)

The answer is important for an analysis I need later.

Thanks All
    Last edited by wusiaobo; 09-26-05 at 02:30 AM.

what is "WangXiangTai"?

can you type the chinese characters? if not, that's okay...

I wonder if Chinese Star will show...lets see:
    朢鄉台, a place to see ones former half of his∕her life。

XiaoLing, Xiaohu has gone there to get memories of their past life。
    (Arranged by Nick)

Quote Originally Posted by wusiaobo
    I wonder if Chinese Star will show...lets see:
    朢鄉台, a place to see ones former half of his∕her life。

XiaoLing, Xiaohu has gone there to get memories of their past life。
    (Arranged by Nick)
    oohh..i see. thanks!

nice to see someone new join the forum..... well one word i want to say is that there are quite a fewunanswerable questions in the series

Default Answers to some Qns

------SPOILER-------

These are merely my conjuncture :

3) "Are there Vampires on other planets?" - Yuan Bupo to Tian Yi (but w/o answer)

There are four ways to answer this question:

Yes, no, don't know, silent. (Fifth way: Singaporeans - "..huh?")

Tian Yi choose to be silent. Tian Yi will never choose the third answer, as this is disgrace to his profession. Silent does not mean a yes or a no, or it can mean both yes and no. Being silent is the best choice. The truth is as follows:

Vampires are evolutions of Pangus. Pangus travel from dimensions to dimensions trying to find a place where they can set up their YongHeng GuoDu. The planets where they have settle upon will be a "Yes", while those that they havent will be a "No".

Silent is also a better choice as we (as audience) will know the answer in due course (Via Dizang Wang and RenWang)

To kidd: Since your signature is of Buddhist origins, you would better appreciate:
    The Buddha would sometimes remain silent to those questions that answers are beyond the comprehension of the asker. He would not risk the asker to misinterpret his answer due to the asker's lack of wisdom.

4)Why is there 2 more arrows flying towards XiaoLing and Tian You?

Hint: the word is "Plus".

This would be better illustrated for those of you familiar with Diablo II

The analogy would be this:

Suppose RenWang (Amazon) is a semi Player Char. He has a choice of shooting a 100% Dizang Fuxi Shot at ShengMu or a possibly 50% shot(Amazon's multishot - splits into 3 arrows) with 25% healing shot (Paladin's Holy Bolt - dmg enemy; heals allies) each to Xiaoling and Tian You.

The former, though with higher power, but is dodgable (ShengMu has done it before). The latter is a better choice. Xiaoling's Shenglong is homing based (Nercomancer - bonespirit) ; Tian You can divert Shen Mu's attention if Bu Po cant hold off ShengMu. Thats why he shout" Dizang Fuxi Shot PLUS Kuang Tian You & Ma Xiao Ling!" This is to alert them. They looked shocked when the arrows fly towards them as they never expect the arrows can be used for healing. Anyone will react this way!

If each arrows can be charged in only a single way: Full Health or full Mana (Qi or whatever). It would be better to heal Tian You of health and regenerate Xiao Ling of Mana. Casting Shenglong may needs lots of it.

Tian You flies to the sky? Same as the reason why Xiao Ling starts to cast Shen Long II. Both are 'recharged'. When Shen Long is out, Xiao Ling collapse from exhaustion (Hey, it's full Mana, not full Health >.<!) At this instant, which is more important to Tian You? Killing ShengMu or fly back to XiaoLing? I guess all would agree that the latter better suits him.

Most importantly: XiaoHu will not kill his sister!

How can RenWang be so certain this strategy will work? Dont forget he battle with ShengMu thousands of years ago. He has lots of battle experience with her. Also he once claims to be Ghengkis Khan - a master strategist ^^.

Notice that the result doesnt change much even the HK version delete this part!
    Last edited by wusiaobo; 09-26-05 at 11:55 AM.

very interesting...
    very detailed analogies in answers too. Go you!

What do you think about the ending of FATE? Did it die or did it live?
    Last edited by humbeggar; 09-26-05 at 01:02 PM.

Default Fate's Fate

------Spoiler & Discussions------ Again, its just my opinions....

Is Fate Dead? There should be many answers, depending on which perspective we are looking at. Chan13 would want it to return, I guess. To have an answer, we will have to look into the charateristics of Fate.

"Fate is born at the very birth of any planet, starts writing and calculating its life data, writing it in the form of Destiny into a book we know as Huang Ji Jin Shi Shu or Tian Shu" - Tian Yi

It is a Lawful Neutral entity (In AD&D RPG - alignment are characteristics of a person. It is divided into various classes, see this webpage for more details: http://dema.sky.ru/temp/align.htm).

It's job is to collect data and display it in a book. However, when it got itself tainted with Greed, it changes its alignment to Neutral Evil. (In Buddhist terminology, 5 Poisons: Killing, Greed, Lust, Bad Speech, Intoxification).

There should be two Fates: Neutral Fate - one nonchalantly doing its duty; Corrupted Fate - one with the lust for Yong Heng Guo Du. If we mean the former, it lives as long as the life of the planet, therefore is unbeatable. No need to beat; it has no desire but to carry out its intended duty. The latter on the other hand is a form similar to virus, when extracted out of Destiny is immensely powerful but is destroyable.

Imagine Fate before materialising is able to have all the data of the 6 Sentient Beings (TianRen - Gods; Ashuras - WarGods; Ren - Human Beings; ChuSheng - Animals; Er Gui - Hungry Ghosts; Di Yu - Hell Spirits). Nothing escapes its eyes. But once it changes into tangible form, the knowledge is lost. Its knowledge become Ex History (Past) or the events it planned when the earth is born. Funny, in AD&D the PC also lose experience when they switch alignments ^^, hehe.

This is to its disadvantage. TianShu cannot know the thoughts of men. If Man follow through in their lives, they follows what Fate has planned for them. But if they fight against it, they are able to change Fate. Notice that the Evil Fate cant forsee its own fate after it decides to breach its duty as Destiny. (It was shocked when June read out the New Destiny). It has its own Destiny written by the Neutral Fate (If the Evil Fate dont do it, someone has to!).

( Fate has awoken and materialise more than once? And Yi knew it. Why? Remember BuPo when to Yi's house to find TianShu burn to ashes? The wordings on the wall. "Fate came back". Wouldnt Fate write the words itself? Firstly, its ugly handwriting. With Fate's perfectionist character shouldnt be. Secondly, it wishes to stay hidden, it shouldnt leave a trace. However, it didnt stop Yi as even
    if they knew it's back they are helpless against it.)

In succumbing to its own Greed, Fate seems to downgrade into one of the 6 subclasses - Tian Ren. In affected with any of the 5 poisons will cause even Tian Ren to be Fallen. Thus, I would refer Fate to be more specifically, a Divine Spectro Parasite that also subject to Karma. Its not surprising that it lost. Not because the opposition is powerful, not even because the power of love. Because it taste it's own Fate - Bad Karma. Thus,when the time it choose to infest Yi, Destiny already written the chapter of its defeat. It's haughtiness is another cause for its downfall too.

Thus the Neutral Fate lives on; the Evil One is vanquished .... for MDWV III. It shouldnt be dead, in my opinion, it will return. Tian Ya should help her parents battle this foul creature! I feel she could , but at the odds.

If so, is Destiny predetermined? Answer: No. See how the New Destiny prediction differs from MDWV III ending? Reason is impermanence.
    Last edited by wusiaobo; 09-26-05 at 09:00 PM.

Default Pangu = evil?

-----Spoiler Again-----

Since the destruction of their ancient civilisation by Fate, the Pangus have been travelling in space in search for a domain they can resite their Yong Heng Guo Du. Their intentions are simple, yet have powerful effects on Sentient Beings.

What Maoyou said about them is quite true. What's the difference between them and Fate? Fate wants the Yong Heng Guo Du to itself; Pangu's aim is to destroy Fate, no matter what it costs.

Lets look at the big picture. If what Tian Yi say is true, every birth of a civilisation prophesised the birth of Fate. Are they going to the extend of destroying all that is in the path just because of one Corrupted Fate. This, from our perspective is selfish and evil.

If there is a tendency of Fate being corrupted by Greed in our world, there's possibility of the same calamity happening in other realms. Thus, I would say, their (Pangu) continual existence is going to destroy every civilisation they come to. Bad luck, they are immortal, they live forever so......they too will contribute to the birth and death of a civilisation.

In the world proclaimed by Pangu, there is no anger, no tears. It is eternal bliss. But it is a world without love. To establish entry one must forget or let go of love. Is that what is most desirable? The MDWV ending says it all. Some of us would find SAMSARA a better place to live in. Not to mention all that is to go through, near world/universe destruction, etc just to reach it.
    Last edited by wusiaobo; 09-26-05 at 08:58 PM.

Hi eveyone, hehe sorry for my long absence....some of my pals have thought that I have disappeared from thsi face of the Earth. Ok, Im back to give my comments

I've always been a fan of this show. And i was browsing through the past messages of this topic. Im glad to say that I have completed watching this series (got the vcds) but to my horror I read in this forum that there is the HK and chinese version with diff endings >_< wow i didnt know Plus I have read that the ratings have been low for MDWAVIII (thus it saddens my heart)

But I will like to comment that this show is still great. Look at the costumes, its much better and the weapons are much more cooler (saber light glowing swords etc) Ma Siu Ling looks much more sweeter with that Im still tough but looking great attitude. And i kinda like Jian Tou's image whereby he has his hair tied up. Overall, the touching moments far overweighs the boring moments. (I wont say much as i wont want to spoil the show)

Well, I do hope that there will be a part 4 in the near future. Like what they say.....

"Believe in miracles"....we can hold onto the hope of having a part 4

Lindy
    Last edited by HynAvian; 09-26-05 at 11:07 PM.
    “十生死两茫茫,不思量,自难忘。”

i love vampires.

OT: Hi HynAvian, welcome back. 1/2 year gone. gone to persia to rescue xiao zhao?

While watching MDWAV III, I gradually rediscover the reasons why I love MDWAV installments. Partially, it is how 3-dimensional all their characters (especially the villians) are. The depth of characters is missing in many tv series, where the villians are so bad that you can hardly refrain from drowning them in viats of oil, and the heroics of the good guys make you puke. Sure, they are good fluff entertainment, but they hardly make you think.

Agree with Foreva, Chan13's plot is so packed with depth, it allows lots of room for imagination and discussion. But the poor tv-ratings is a sad fact. Maybe during the screening times (in HK), majority are elderly or working class. What they want is more dovy loving, mindless soap dramas. This relaxes their mind.

If anyone (from Singapore) could remember, there's a show call "Qian Nian Chong" (Millenium Virus). The TV ratings is rock bottom. But I find it really enjoyable to watch. The timing of the screening is at 7, quite similar to this situation.

I really feel drama writers should open our minds. MDWV series really did. See the length of this thread! Anyone still discussing about those "cry and forget"
    soap operas? I think the tv production should expand our horizon rather than hungrily cling on to viewship. The process might not need to be abrupt. At least try to gradually upgrade the mentality of viewers in acceptance of new things.

Quote Originally Posted by wusiaobo
    Agree with Foreva, Chan13's plot is so packed with depth, it allows lots of room for imagination and discussion. But the poor tv-ratings is a sad fact. Maybe during the screening times (in HK), majority are elderly or working class. What they want is more dovy loving, mindless soap dramas. This relaxes their mind.
    If I remember correctly, MDWAV3 was against a very strong series in TVB - "The Conqueror's Story". TCS is one of the best drama in year 2004. It's 80% faithful to history, with good balance of tense moment and comedy. Plus, the cast is also top notch. TCS is certainly not a mindless lovy doving soup drama. In fact the love plot is kept to a minimum. Most of the plots focus on the battle of mind and strength between 2 opposing sides. MDWAV3, on the other hand, disappointed some viewers because of too much talking and philosophying.
    Last edited by kidd; 09-28-05 at 12:09 AM.

I see. Not really following HK drama schedule : P. But if give me a choice, I rather give my mind a break on the history stuff. Wow, seems like you really follow the HK dramas, kidd. Wish I had more time to do that too...

Maybe its the market trend there to use the "pit and clash technique" to do business. Remembering Xian Dao once said to Liu Chuan Feng in Slam Dunk -"Attack is just one of the tactics in Basketball". Cant ATV adjust their timings? Hard, I know. Viewship is everything. If they cant, they should place emphasis on marketing their boxsets. Hehe, that what I thk.

Yesterday, I went to a large VCD store to ask for the MDWV soundtrack. They say they NEVER release. What?! Anyway, I guess I will get from other means. So, I thk I cant hope to get the "Tian Ya Chuan Qi" in Singapore lo? Sad, Singapore too small, dont have anything on the shelf.