Page 103 of 113 FirstFirst ... 35393949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,060 of 2241

Thread: My Date With A Vampire 1-3

I wonder if Chan 13 reads many science fiction novels or American comic books. Many of his ideas in MDWAV are very atypical for Hong Kong drama writers, but very reminiscent of Western movie, television, novel, and comics writers.
    yep i agree thats why his series are very nice n refreshing because it is not one of those boring old hong kpng style movies
    "You don't marry someone you can live with - you marry the person who you cannot live without."
    All-Time Best Series- My Date With a Vampire 2
    All-Time Best Actress- Joey Meng

Quote Originally Posted by wusiaobo
    Brace yourself for some mind wrecking circular paradox explanation :

http://vampsub.faydot.com/wp-forums/...rum=7&topic=45

i have to completely give on the paradox, because every sequel violates some kind of time theory. so in an alt universe --i believe there are many of those too-- everyone is alive an well again and having thriving acting careers.

Actually, only III is circular. Wonder what violations you refer to in I and II?

In I, nothing is changed, it is a loopback to the same point for the Miaoshan Intervention. At the end of I, the time line skewed into a new reality. Nothing is said about the old line (Tianyou dying, Xiaoling dead). If all changes as if nothing has happens, it is a loop also. If not it is a skew from the original.

In II, white fox bring the heroes into future. The future exist if nothing is done to the present. All the people in 2001 predestinated future died. As there is no Xiaoling & Tianyou to stop the calamity before the meteror. Even when they return to reality, we know that the "4th Jan 2001 Doomday" reality still exist sometime later as White is able to bring Zhu to that Time-Space

In III, the circular comes from "Xiaoling became a vampire who give birth to Tianya, which later vampirised her". This becomes a paradox. Also if Tianyi speaks the truth, Bupo/SBYF is a non-linear time reincarnation. Likewise Jiantou/Guohua. But this is not new since in II, Ah Dum can be the reincarnate of Buddha.

I would say, III placed too much emphasis on Time-space contents and wrecked the original style of I and II in terms of love story-wise. Yet the time events are not expressed properly which lead to confusion.
    Birds belong to the sky like fishes to water; Dont set them free, they are never meant be.

i guess i am referring to the entire story line of how Vampire I begets II. There would be no II if not for the turning of time in I. But you are correct, this is minor problem compared to the entire plot of III.

I really enjoyed this story overall but its very confusing.

Hi... anyone have or know where I can find a clip of the opening credits for MDWAV I?

Is there one? Opening credits, you mean the opening song?
    Sadly, no...
    If you just want the song, it is in the soundtrack compilation.
    Birds belong to the sky like fishes to water; Dont set them free, they are never meant be.

Quote Originally Posted by you380621
    can anyone tell me me why vampires (mr x) call tin yau vampire god?
    you mean in mdwav3? oh.
    thats because in mdwav 2, tin yau actually battled cheung san n saved the world from destruction.

AND NOT:
    Quote Originally Posted by you380621
    umm because her father is a vampire and vampire cant have next generation
    its not because tin yau had a daughter (tin ngai)!!! lol!!!

thank you very much

Gundam-Freedom
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by harashoggie
    if tin ngai never existed in 2004, siu ling would not have been bitten and the whole history would have changed ALL OVER AGAIN isnt it?
    dig out ur MDWAV3 VCD/DVD's/burn copy disk and re-watch it

dat wot happen on the the last episode on MDWAV3.

contains spoilers:!!

Vampire Ma Siu Ling and Tin Yau goes to fight

Fong Tin Ai disaapear

Vamp Ma Siu Ling changed back human Ma Siu Ling

certain stuff and memories changed!!!

dat y Ma Siu Ling say "I think I lost sum1 but dunno who" in Cantonese and there tear coming out from her eyes [End of spoilers]

Default MDWAV 1&2 DVD out

For those who are interested, MDWAV1 and MDWAV2 are now available on DVD format at Yesasia.

i love the vampire trilogies but i ahppen to feel that each sequel is getting less better than the other...i mean mdwav1>mdwav2>mdwav3.

in mdwav1, i love everything especially Shan ben yi fu n fu sheng.
    in mdwav 2, the parts i enjoyed the most was chapman to and the sadako girl; ding dong and jiang chen, shan ben yi fu and fu sheng...there were some draggy parts..
    in mdwav 3, the storyline was confusing. i must say that i enjoyed tien ya's character the most...and as always, fu sheng.. i was gravely disapointed that chapman n kristy arent here anymore though i am not realy a fan of kristy....benny was awesome in here i liked teresa too
    大爺來了﹗

想唱就唱, 唱得向亮! 力揚加油

MAGIC SHOOTER HISASHI MITSUI!

During Shengmu's manipulation of the heroes, I remembered the scene where Tianyou watches MDWAV II DVD. There were subtitles in them!

OK... so now it is released? Finally, I can get the DVD versions to see the full picture.

Part 3s's on DVD now at yesasia too.

I'm drafting a review for MDWAV3 at the moment - could somebody give some input on something:-

Would "YongXingGuoDao" or "WingHangKokDou" be best translated as "Paradise" or "Utopia"?

Thanks

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Liew
    I'm drafting a review for MDWAV3 at the moment - could somebody give some input on something:-

Would "YongXingGuoDao" or "WingHangKokDou" be best translated as "Paradise" or "Utopia"?

Thanks

Ian
    You could start with a transliteration of that place? As you know, meanings can be lost when things are translated to a different language.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    You could start with a transliteration of that place? As you know, meanings can be lost when things are translated to a different language.

True, that's possible. I thought that since it was just a name a simple direct translation would be easier, though.. and of course, it would save me some writing =)

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Liew
    True, that's possible. I thought that since it was just a name a simple direct translation would be easier, though.. and of course, it would save me some writing =)
    Start with a transliteration of it then if you have to refer to it again, I suppose you can shorten the term with abbreviations? Just make sure the reader know what the abbreviation stands for. Or just copy and paste it.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Talking

Hey Ian Liew, care to write your review for Vampsub? Vampsub is a website I started 2 years ago to provide English subtitles of My Date with a Vampire.

I have translated quite a lot of MDWAV3 episodes already, so you might want to take a look. By the way, the subtitle files can be viewed with Wordpad.

http://www.vampsub.com

Quote Originally Posted by humbeggar
    Hey Ian Liew, care to write your review for Vampsub? Vampsub is a website I started 2 years ago to provide English subtitles of My Date with a Vampire.

I have translated quite a lot of MDWAV3 episodes already, so you might want to take a look. By the way, the subtitle files can be viewed with Wordpad.

http://www.vampsub.com

hey humbeggar! is there a link where i can download the songs from mdwav 3 in vampsub or somwer else? thanks
    大爺來了﹗

想唱就唱, 唱得向亮! 力揚加油

MAGIC SHOOTER HISASHI MITSUI!

Hi everyone,

I'm new here and I just wanted to say that I love MDWAV. It is one of the few chinese series that I watch. I felt the first MDWAV was okay, the second one was sort of romantic, and the thrid one was just way too confusing. MDWAV III had a good start and a good HK finish but they lost me somewhere in the middle. Plus there was way too little Tian You or Tian You x Ma Siu Ling interaction.

Anyways, I just wanted to ask you guys if whether or not you think the person Siu Ling loves the most is vampire Tian You. When I first watched the series I thought "Of Course!". However, after rewatching the second one again I dunno. It seems that the person MSL really loved was human Tian You. And the way they interacted seemed a lot like the way vampire Tian You and her were in MDWAV I. So I would assume that a lot of the development that occured in the first one happened between human Tian You and Siu Ling.

What do you guys think?