Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: HSDS Chapter 24

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

originally by whise:
    Really? Where? Can you give me the chapter/relative area? I don't remember that part.
    i don't have it but if you go to www.zhaomin.org. you can still find some remaining post from her that she has not taken down. if any one knows how to contact her, i request that you ask her to post her translation which had been done to about chapter 32 - chapyer 33 on wuxiapedia. i would do it but i tend to involunteeraily upset her and was banned from her sites elite section just before she shut it down. she was known in spcnet as kiara. maybe we should get a pettion going and send it to her.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

I think we should leave her alone since she has stated her intention not to release her translations to the public.

Quote Originally Posted by kyss of the sword
    i don't have it but if you go to www.zhaomin.org. you can still find some remaining post from her that she has not taken down. if any one knows how to contact her, i request that you ask her to post her translation which had been done to about chapter 32 - chapyer 33 on wuxiapedia. i would do it but i tend to involunteeraily upset her and was banned from her sites elite section just before she shut it down. she was known in spcnet as kiara. maybe we should get a pettion going and send it to her.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

The way she protecting her translations on the website, its look like she is going to get it to be published. Well I hope she can do it faster, so that we can buy it ASAP. I just doesn't like visiting her website with all those ridiculous rules etc...

I bought the XSYL translation by Becky as soon as its available the last time.

I kinda think that it will be illegal for her to sell her translation out to the public as this will violated the original author's rights.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by ken2004
    I kinda think that it will be illegal for her to sell her translation out to the public as this will violated the original author's rights.

lol who said about selling, I said publish as in paying royalties, paying editor etc. This already been done before for JY book such as DOMD and also GL book XSYL. In fact, XSYL was translated in SPCNET before taking down and publish legally.

Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208
    lol who said about selling, I said publish as in paying royalties, paying editor etc. This already been done before for JY book such as DOMD and also GL book XSYL. In fact, XSYL was translated in SPCNET before taking down and publish legally.
    Oic, kinda complex actually for me. So, I kinda thought we need certain permission from the author to do whatever related to his work especially when it involve money. So, the translator plans to published it somewhere? Anyway, I am just curious actually how the translator can gain financially from the translation as I thought to obtain such rights, you will have the permission from the author where some kind of agreement must reach between them.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by ken2004
    Oic, kinda complex actually for me. So, I kinda thought we need certain permission from the author to do whatever related to his work especially when it involve money. So, the translator plans to published it somewhere? Anyway, I am just curious actually how the translator can gain financially from the translation as I thought to obtain such rights, you will have the permission from the author where some kind of agreement must reach between them.
    Yes that exactly what I'm talking about. Translator will gain lots of money if millions of the book got sold. Usually a percentage is divided for the total income for each book, I mean for example the printing company, publisher, author, translator etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Du Gu seeking a win
    The fake Kong Xiang's real name is Gang Xiang - 刚 ( 剛 ) 相 , he is most probably nicknamed A-yi ( 阿 一 ), one of the disciples of the Jin Gang Men (Diamond School) founded by Huo Gong Tou Tuo in the Western Region.

The other disciples are:

阿 二 (A-er)

阿 三 (A-san)
    Given that fake Kongxiang / real Gangxiang is Ah San's younger kung fu brother, and that there already exists a Ah Da (equivalent of Ah Yi), it seems unlikely that Ah Yi (which ranks above his senior Ah San) would be the nickname of Gangxiang.

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

is that why we haven't heard from her in such a long time. last time, someone suggested that she publish her translation and i found the name and website of some publishers of jin yong for her. she said she would give it a thought. no wonder she kept revising her translations for language and such.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by kyss of the sword
    is that why we haven't heard from her in such a long time. last time, someone suggested that she publish her translation and i found the name and website of some publishers of jin yong for her. she said she would give it a thought. no wonder she kept revising her translations for language and such.
    No, its not confirmed, I'm just making an assumptions based on the strict control of her website content...

Talking GOOD NEWS!

Just for the TINIEST chance somebody might've missed the great news in the LOCH thread (sounds hardly plausible, but let's not take any chances ), I shall quote foxs in this thread for those who are hoping to hear any news from HSDS, but somehow missed to grasp it in the other thread.

Quote Originally Posted by foxs (in the LOCH BOOK 3 Thread)
    (James (and other HSDS fans), I have good news and another good or bad news, depending on how you look at it. The good news is: I received an email a while ago that a team is working on HSDS. I can't divulge their names without their permission, but all I can say is that the members of this team are not rookies. So don't despair, you might get your wish of complete trilogy. The other good news (or bad news) is that I cannot join this team, because there is no known electronic version of 3rd edition available. As you may know, I rely heavily on online translator. (I used to feel bad about this, but after reading some other translators note, I know now that I am not alone .. ) I know I should have posted this message on the HSDS thread, but I am too lazy to write multiple posts. Hopefully the other HSDS fans stop by and read this message)

EDIT: How can your (referring to foxs) not participating in this LOCH translation be a bad thing? Definitely not, for I'm sure most of us readers here would want more translators as much as possible. So that's a bad news.

And don't feel bad 'bout using online translators; it's just using an additional tool to help you do your work faster, that's all.
    Last edited by Pacifian; 03-11-07 at 05:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacifian
    Just for the TINIEST chance somebody might've missed the great news in the LOCH thread (sounds hardly plausible, but let's not take any chances ), I shall quote Duguxiaojing in this thread for those who are hoping to hear any news from HSDS, but somehow missed to grasp it in the other thread.

EDIT: How can your (referring to Duguxiaojing) not participating in this LOCH translation be a bad thing? Definitely not, for I'm sure most of us readers here would want more translators as much as possible. So that's a bad news.

And don't feel bad 'bout using online translators; it's just using an additional tool to help you do your work faster, that's all.
    Pacifian: The post was originally made by foxs, not duguxiaojing.
    http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showpost...&postcount=424
    Duguxiaojing didn't use the "quote" feature/tag.
    Jin Yong's Ode to Gallantry [侠客行].
    what about SPT, I need my SPT fix ASAP, pretty pleaseeeee...
    Soon ... SOON!

Oops... I've missed fox_s' post. Thanks HYS and sorry fox_s.

Did the changes in my previous post.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacifian
    EDIT: How can your (referring to foxs) not participating in this LOCH translation be a bad thing? Definitely not, for I'm sure most of us readers here would want more translators as much as possible. So that's a bad news.

Well, not everybody likes to read the same style too much. Also I felt bad because I compared myself to the 'big names' in this forum. But anyway, I am grateful for all the encouragements I received, and certainly thank you, Pacifian, for your support, and for continuing the DGSD.

Quote Originally Posted by foxs_
    Well, not everybody likes to read the same style too much. Also I felt bad because I compared myself to the 'big names' in this forum. But anyway, I am grateful for all the encouragements I received, and certainly thank you, Pacifian, for your support, and for continuing the DGSD.
    Foxs,

Thanks for all your hard work and translations. You are one of the big stars in our galaxy of translators.

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Also I felt bad because I compared myself to the 'big names' in this forum.
    Don't compare, because comparisons hurt more often than help. Look at Ouyang Feng and what happened to him in his quest to be top pugilist.

Foxs, you are unique. There will never be another foxs like you, not in the past, not in the present and not in the future. Take delight in who you are and what you do. You are doing GREAT!

HYS
    Soon ... SOON!

Thank you. Don't worry, I've made peace with myself on this regard. But I must say that it was because people like you giving me support and encouragement. So again, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by HuangYushi
    Don't compare, because comparisons hurt more often than help. Look at Ouyang Feng and what happened to him in his quest to be top pugilist.
    But, Huang Lao Qianbei, I made the comparison not because I want to be the number one; unlike Ouyang Feng. It was you who posted the translation requirements a while ago (when we worked on RoCH), about the acuracy and conveying the author's original intention, and other things which I don't remember anymore. So it was a good comparison, not a bad one.

But, Huang Lao Qianbei, I made the comparison not because I want to be the number one; unlike Ouyang Feng. It was you who posted the translation requirements a while ago (when we worked on RoCH), about the acuracy and conveying the author's original intention, and other things which I don't remember anymore. So it was a good comparison, not a bad one.
    My apologies. I'm sorry for mis-reading your post about "'comparing with 'big names' ".
    If that's the case -- that you are working according to a set of goals in quality -- then, I'd say that you're doing wonderfully. And I'm sure everyone in this forum would agree with me! Let's hear it for foxs, guys! Hip-hip-hooray!
    Soon ... SOON!

Quote Originally Posted by HuangYushi
    Let's hear it for foxs, guys! Hip-hip-hooray!
    second and third that! the fact that you and the team are willing to translate at all is already great news. knowing now that you all are striving to keep such a high level of standard is godly! looks like another wang chong yang in the making?

Fourth and fifth that. You're going great Foxs!