Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Title Ranking

Red face yadda yadda

Perhaps my English is poor, after reading Radken's posts all i figured was whatever said is unjustifiable as long as it didnt concur with his logic.

I proposed that this thread should be locked. Waste gas.
    MooMoo Cows Can Fly.

^ agreed. i've been reading and reading and do not see the point here. what's the big deal about titles anyway? this forum have onli 10 moderators and 1 administrator. and they're all volunteers. enough work already. and yes, what majority thinks may not be right but it is a democratic world and majority rules. if the majority of the community in this forum does not favour the title change then let it be. why argue further. whatever 'justifiable' reason given here doesn't seem to make any changes as long as it does not agrees with a certain somebody *roll eyes*. really, this is getting tiring. stop already.

Sup wkeej, my fault for not replying sooner.

but, deep in your heart, do you think you are willing to accept an "justifiable excuse". if you aren't willing, infinite reasons will not win you over.
    Yes, I'll accept a justifiable excuse if anybody can give me one. But I believe only spcnet can do so because it is she who makes the final decision and has to deal with the results while other members have nothing to lose either way… If she were to say that she won’t allow custom titles because she just doesn’t want to then I’ve nothing further to say. I can’t argue with that.

maybe, we should give it a try, that afterall we may be wrong that there will be spam. but then isn't prevention better than cure? it's like telling someone, maybe eating over-night curry is fine? so eat it and see if you get a stomach ache. if you get one not to worry because the doctor (moderator) will come to clear up the mess.
    I dare not claim that nothing dissatisfactory will come out of having custom titles. However, I don’t think the forum’s development should be compromised with fear because of this. Recently, there was a misunderstanding between two individuals that led to a bitter feud with its influence spreading rapidly throughout the threads, one of them being mines. This pointless conflict created a hostile environment and turned the forum into one person’s battleground for revenge. It was uncomfortable for everyone else and a nuisance that could’ve been spared if both parties were more civilized.

But what can the moderators do to prevent this problem from ever happening again? Are they going to start laying ground rules on what terms are viewed as sensitive to a few people? Are they going to establish perimeters around what we can type on our posts for now on? No, they can’t and they won’t because:

1. It is impossible to govern what people want to say.
    2. It is not everyone’s fault that one person misbehaved.
    3. Hope.

What they do is enforce the rules and deliver the consequences when the rules are broken. Until then, every person is responsible for their own actions. Moderators take a chance within each member in hopes that we use our privileges to benefit each other and the forum. And they have ever reason to trust us because most have been able to live up to that promise. What I’m trying to say is that some chances are worth taking and custom titles are one of them. Instead of talking about what we fear all of the time, why don’t we talk about hope for a change?

I used to live up north but then it got freezing so i flew all the way down south..now it is boiling

Quote Originally Posted by Radken
    Yes, I'll accept a justifiable excuse if anybody can give me one. But I believe only spcnet can do so because it is she who makes the final decision and has to deal with the results while other members have nothing to lose either way… If she were to say that she won’t allow custom titles because she just doesn’t want to then I’ve nothing further to say. I can’t argue with that.
    the admin already made the final decision......so u shouldnt hav anything further to say....=="
    meePiT