View Poll Results: JY Editions: What have you read and/or seen? (Multiple-choice)

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1st edition novels in Chinese

3 20.00%
  • 2nd edition novels in Chinese

11 73.33%
  • 3rd edition novels in Chinese

4 26.67%
  • Translated novels (any edition)

5 33.33%
  • Serialised TV adaptations

13 86.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: JY Editions: What have you read and/or seen?

Lightbulb JY Editions: What have you read and/or seen?

With all the interest in the forum about the 3rd editions of JY novels, as well as discussions among people with differing versions in mind (e.g. 1st or 2nd edition, original Chinese works or translated pieces, official or fan translations, serialised television adaptations from HK/China/Taiwan/Singapore, etc), I thought it would be interesting to find out what the members of this forum have read and/or seen. Such background information may turn out helpful for future discussions.

===

I have read then 2nd edition novels in Chinese as well as seen many of the TVB adaptations that were made in the 80s and most of the China adaptations made in the the past 2-3 years. I am now trying to find time to read the 1st edition novels, before the 3rd ones arrive at my neighbourhood bookstore (it's gonna take a long long time before that happens!).
    Last edited by HuangYushi; 02-21-05 at 01:05 AM.

i've read most of his books, which include the Condor Trilogy, Demi Gods and Semi Devils, the Book & Sword, Snowy Mountain Flying Fox. currently reading the Smiling Proud Wanderer... and will read The duke of mt. deer after finish reading the former!

in terms of serial adaptions, ive watched LOCH 82,94, & 2003(china version); ROCH 95; SOD (taiwan version with Richie Ren ); Book & Sword (taiwan version with Zhao Wen Zhuo); HSDS 2000 & taiwan version ft. Ma Jin tao; Duke of Mt. Deer 98 & 2000 with Dicky Cheung; SMFF 99.

Question Where are the voters?

Isn't it strange that a forum this size would have so few people who are willing to tell what JY novels and adaptations that they have read and seen respectively? Actually, I am not even looking for anyone to make a list. Just click and vote will do! So vote away, people!