Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: The Prince's Shadow {Adam Cheng, Sheren Tang, Tavia Yeung, Marco Ngai, Joyce Tang}

Haha, Blade Heart is on right now, it looks quite boring. I'm not a Liza fan

This series made me change my view about Adam Cheng, I never really liked him, but glad that he was able to portray this role well. I remember when he was talking about a girl being sold to the brothel in a court case and he has a lot of lines going on consecutively, I was like whoah he can remember!
    Currently Watching:
    Good against Evil

Current Favs
    Fav Actor: Roger Kwok
    Fav Actress: Tavia Yeung

well adam has always been a great actor
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Yeah, but I think this series made me appreciate his acting...if you get my drift
    Currently Watching:
    Good against Evil

Current Favs

Quote Originally Posted by neverland
    Yeah, but I think this series made me appreciate his acting...if you get my drift
    How many series of Adam have you seen before? Adam has been acting for over 30 years, therefore I can say he has done sooo many good TVB series that are now considered classics His recent ones are still good but not as good as the OLD ones.
    ♥ Adam

Not many...actually only one that I can remember clearly prior to TPS. I forgot what it is called but it starred Amy Kwok and her husband...its quite old. I remember how Amy Kwok's husband (dont remember the name but i remember the face lol) had this magical container and lollies appear inside. (i was kid then )

Well its quite ironic how he's acting in a LONG time but i havent seen much of his series lol. His role in that series (above) wasnt quite significant (well plot line wise defintely) but I just keep remembering him as an evil guy, and when I was a kid, it kinda stayed with me . Now that I'm older, i was kinda neutral towards him cos i havent seen many series, thats why I say I appreciate his acting now since he has been in the industry so long.

Wait, I also saw him in The Driving Power...I didnt watch much of it cos the storyline was kinda boring....I've also got The Conqueror's Story...Im gonna see it soon

Sorry for being off topic!
    Currently Watching:
    Good against Evil

Current Favs

Not many...actually only one that I can remember clearly prior to TPS. I forgot what it is called but it starred Amy Kwok and her husband...its quite old. I remember how Amy Kwok's husband (dont remember the name but i remember the face lol) had this magical container and lollies appear inside. (i was kid then )

Well its quite ironic how he's acting in a LONG time but i havent seen much of his series lol. His role in that series (above) wasnt quite significant (well plot line wise defintely) but I just keep remembering him as an evil guy, and when I was a kid, it kinda stayed with me . Now that I'm older, i was kinda neutral towards him cos i havent seen many series, thats why I say I appreciate his acting now since he has been in the industry so long.

Wait, I also saw him in The Driving Power...I didnt watch much of it cos the storyline was kinda boring....I've also got The Conqueror's Story...Im gonna see it soon

Sorry for being off topic!
    That series of Amy Kwok and her husband (Sean Lau Ching Wan) is called "The Greed of Man." It's another of Adam's classic that he received many good comments from. He even affected the whole stock market in real life after filming GOM until now LOL.

I supposed that you are quite young since you haven't watched much of his series hahaha. Well, I wasn't even born when he became really famous in the 70s and 80s, but I buy all of Adam's old series that TVB has been released on VCD and borrow from his fans in order to watch 2/3 of Adam's productions Therefore, I find that old series are way better than the new ones in terms of storyline and casting but of course Adam's acting improves day by day hehe.

Do you only watch TVB's series? Adam is not managed by TVB that's why he's here and there filming for different companies. Adam last filmed for TVB in 1996 and returned in 2002 to film "Blade Heart," followed by "The Driving Power," "The Conqueror's Story" and "The Prince's Shadow." (I love "The Prince's Shadow" most out of these new 4 series)

"The Conqueror's Story" is really good since it's based on TRUE history, however Adam's character seems to be unusual than before (the gullible type). Hope you'll like it despite of his weird/funny character
    Last edited by adamcheng22447; 08-17-05 at 07:01 AM.
    ♥ Adam

I have to point out that I shared neverland's sentiment. I watched Adam Cheng when I was really young in "The Greed of Man." His character had a great impact on me, so much that, ever since then, I always had this thought of him as a not-so-nice guy. *LOL* Yes, gullible... (And, on another note, Gallen Lo had that effect on me too in "Cold Blood Warm Heart." ) Moreso when I found out that he is the father of Lydia Shum's daughter and that they were divorced (okay, maybe a bit biased here... but what happened to this couple?).

But after becoming more aware of TVB and their shows and reading a lot about Adam's acting and seeing him in TV shows looking not-so-bad, my perspective on him gradually changed. Then, rewatching "The Greed of Man" when I was much older, made me appreciate his superb acting actually. Now, to see his great performance in "The Prince's Shadow," what can I say? I'm thankful I'm not too late to realize his talent. He's really a great actor. Hope to see more of him in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyMei
    I have to point out that I shared neverland's sentiment. I watched Adam Cheng when I was really young in "The Greed of Man." His character had a great impact on me, so much that, ever since then, I always had this thought of him as a not-so-nice guy. *LOL* Yes, gullible... (And, on another note, Gallen Lo had that effect on me too in "Cold Blood Warm Heart." ) Moreso when I found out that he is the father of Lydia Shum's daughter and that they were divorced (okay, maybe a bit biased here... but what happened to this couple?).

But after becoming more aware of TVB and their shows and reading a lot about Adam's acting and seeing him in TV shows looking not-so-bad, my perspective on him gradually changed. Then, rewatching "The Greed of Man" when I was much older, made me appreciate his superb acting actually. Now, to see his great performance in "The Prince's Shadow," what can I say? I'm thankful I'm not too late to realize his talent. He's really a great actor. Hope to see more of him in the future.
    haha, although I'm a HUGE fan of Adam but I admit that his character in "The Greed of Man" is not on my favorite list. I guess because I first saw Adam in "Chor Lau Heung 1995" and "Legend of Qian Long" where he left a suave, handsome, carefree image on me since. Before filming "The Greed of Man" in 1992, Adam was being typecasted in tons of ancient series where he portrayed all dai hup characters(romantic swordsman) therefore, I had a hard time accepting his crazy character "Ding Hai" in GOM even though he gave such a marvelous performance.

I think if an actor/actress's character has left a bad impression on you the first time you see him/her then you might be biased toward his/her latter series. That was what happened to me when I first saw Gallen Lo in "Cold Blood Warm Heart" and "Once Upon a Time in Shanghai" (because of Adam ). I was a kid then and assumed Gallen was also a bad guy in real life LOL.

Well, Adam is like any other stars and normal people who get married and divorced. I don't see what's so "special" about his divorce with Fat Fat (Lydia Sum's nickname) that catches people's attention especially the media. They were together for 10 years, married, had a kid, got divorced. It's been 18 years but Fat Fat keeps mentioning Adam's name in the news, interviews, tv programs and etc whereas Adam chooses to keep quiet. A few weeks ago in Taiwan she even talked unethical about Adam's personal matter which was TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE. Hello, her daughter (Joyce Cheng) was there sitting beside her but she still talked *crap* about Joyce's father. The DJ asked Joyce if she watched Adam's series, she nodded and said, "Yes I do. He is very handsome in koo chong (ancient series), he can act really good especially with his eyes.....and I'm so proud of him." -- this came from the daughter that Fat Fat raised!!!! Even the reporters criticized Fat Fat badly for all the comments she made. Everyone can see clearly that their personality and lifestyle just don't match since Fat Fat is extremely rude (alot of people have mentioned this before), loud, likes to socialize while Adam is quiet, reserved, low-profile and dislikes to socialize. I don't see the reason why they should be together, and Adam definitely deserves a better woman such as his current wife (Eve) whom he'd married for 16 years.

I'm glad that many of the younger generation have started to appreciate Adam in his latest series such as "The Driving Power," "Blade Heart," "The Conqueror's Story" and "The Prince's Shadow" (especially TPS). What a pity Adam stopped acting for TVB in 1996 otherwise you guys could've seen more of his shows because his old old old series are hard to find unless you buy the official VCDs from TVB
    Last edited by adamcheng22447; 08-17-05 at 05:18 PM.
    ♥ Adam

It's a pretty good series and Adam is just perfect as Ko Sing. I must admit I'm more of a fan of his now than when I was younger. He is a really versatile actor.

Agree... Adam's a superb actor! I think he looks very handsome for his age considering hes in late 50s. some young kids might have not adjusted to his acting style yet but well, hes been acting for sooo long thus I'm not that surprised when to hear praises abt him or anything lol. My mom is mad crazy [me too =] abt him thats why she dislikes Sheren and Tavia's characters in this series lol!!

TommyH
    Unregistered

Oh my gosh!! I'll tell you guy's the pairs...

Adam... Tavia... that brothel owner

Marco... Joyce

and that follow has nobody...

Quote Originally Posted by adamcheng22447
    Do you only watch TVB's series? Adam is not managed by TVB that's why he's here and there filming for different companies. Adam last filmed for TVB in 1996 and returned in 2002 to film "Blade Heart," followed by "The Driving Power," "The Conqueror's Story" and "The Prince's Shadow." (I love "The Prince's Shadow" most out of these new 4 series)
    Yeah I only watch TVB series...which kinda make sense I'll probably watach The Conqueror's Story but don't think ill watch Blade Heart...its on WTV right now...but it seems sooooo long and I'm not the type to watch that type of genre. I'm more comedy .

Quote Originally Posted by LadyMei
    I have to point out that I shared neverland's sentiment. I watched Adam Cheng when I was really young in "The Greed of Man." His character had a great impact on me, so much that, ever since then, I always had this thought of him as a not-so-nice guy.
    Yay! I thought I was the only one! Yeah his acting their kinda made a lasting impression on me, especially since I havent seen him act till part of The Driving Power (where I was pretty neutral towards him). I've only begun to like his acting. Although Im not near the favourtism, I can honestly say that I somewhat enjoy his acting...especially in TPS!

haha, although I'm a HUGE fan of Adam but I admit that his character in "The Greed of Man" is not on my favorite list. I guess because I first saw Adam in "Chor Lau Heung 1995" and "Legend of Qian Long" where he left a suave, handsome, carefree image on me since. Before filming "The Greed of Man" in 1992, Adam was being typecasted in tons of ancient series where he portrayed all dai hup characters(romantic swordsman) therefore, I had a hard time accepting his crazy character "Ding Hai" in GOM even though he gave such a marvelous performance.
    It make sense that your a big fan. If they did a great performance and as a good character in their first series you saw him then that impression will last you forever. Playing a good character first then an evil is easier to grab the audience, but people like me only saw him as the evil person....only cos we were little! But if they have another breakthrough performance they are able to alter a persons view. For example Raymond Lam - Didnt like him because of ASITP and GF, but totally changed after his mr funny guy on Suvivor's Law. This happen with Adam too, with his breakthrough performance (well for me anyway) in The Prince's Shadow.

Anyway lol, I really loved this series...I wish they could increased it. I mean they could of added one case when they had to arrive back to the palace...I dont know...just wanted to see a wee bit more before it finished.
    Currently Watching:
    Good against Evil

Current Favs

Before filming "The Greed of Man" in 1992, Adam was being typecasted in tons of ancient series where he portrayed all dai hup characters(romantic swordsman) therefore, I had a hard time accepting his crazy character "Ding Hai" in GOM even though he gave such a marvelous performance.
    Really? I actually quite liked Ding Hai, certainly not admire him, but like him as he has good intentions, and pity him because he is unable to understand social norms and body laguage, and the love he gives to other people usually turn outs with very bad consequences, and makes him sad. He doesn't understand why people hate him. This character is one of the top characters I like the most because he has so much depth!
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis
    Really? I actually quite liked Ding Hai, certainly not admire him, but like him as he has good intentions, and pity him because he is unable to understand social norms and body laguage, and the love he gives to other people usually turn outs with very bad consequences, and makes him sad. He doesn't understand why people hate him. This character is one of the top characters I like the most because he has so much depth!
    Yes really, have I ever mentioned Ding Hai to you? The last one I ever talked about was Ko Sing in TPS That's because Ding Hai is not one of my most favorite characters portrayed by Adam hehe. Well, I saw GOM when I was 10 (after CLH 1995) so I sort of rooted for good guys only, but Ding Hai's crazy character really scared the heck out of me thoughout the series!!!! LOL. In 2002, I bought GOM VCD for my Adam's collection and started to appreciate Ding Hai slowly though.
    ♥ Adam

Yeah I only watch TVB series...which kinda make sense I'll probably watach The Conqueror's Story but don't think ill watch Blade Heart...its on WTV right now...but it seems sooooo long and I'm not the type to watch that type of genre. I'm more comedy .
    haha then I guess "Blade Heart" will make you fall asleep because it's about revenge and plus there are strange faces (actors/actresses) from China. No wonder you watched "The Driving Power" and then "The Prince's Shadow" since they both fell under "comedy" catagory "The Conqueror's Story" is quite funny too, Adam's character will give you good laugh I think LOL.

Anyway lol, I really loved this series...I wish they could increased it. I mean they could of added one case when they had to arrive back to the palace...I dont know...just wanted to see a wee bit more before it finished.
    I wanted to see more scenes of Ko Sing and Yu Yi!!!! I also didn't mind Ko Sing with So Sam either, but there were sooo little scenes of them three
    ♥ Adam

haha then I guess "Blade Heart" will make you fall asleep because it's about revenge and plus there are strange faces (actors/actresses) from China. No wonder you watched "The Driving Power" and then "The Prince's Shadow" since they both fell under "comedy" catagory "The Conqueror's Story" is quite funny too, Adam's character will give you good laugh I think LOL.

I wanted to see more scenes of Ko Sing and Yu Yi!!!! I also didn't mind Ko Sing with So Sam either, but there were sooo little scenes of them three
    Yup! Im a comedy person!!! Just love those that make me have a good laugh! Is The Conqueror's Story funny too? I dont mind dramas...its just sometimes the cast isnt captivating enough or it just drags on and on...so TCS didnt seem that long and I like Maggie Cheung.

Yeah me too!! I thought I was the only one! I mean I also enjoyed So Sam as well and they did have great chemistry. I just wanted to see scenes where like Yu Yi wasnt being constantly mad at Ko Sing! I mean everytime they have some chemistry its like Yu Yi will get pissed off at Ko Sing. Even a simple trip over and then fall of the arms of Ko Sing is good enough!!!!
    Currently Watching:
    Good against Evil

Current Favs

Yup! Im a comedy person!!! Just love those that make me have a good laugh! Is The Conqueror's Story funny too? I dont mind dramas...its just sometimes the cast isnt captivating enough or it just drags on and on...so TCS didnt seem that long and I like Maggie Cheung.

Yeah me too!! I thought I was the only one! I mean I also enjoyed So Sam as well and they did have great chemistry. I just wanted to see scenes where like Yu Yi wasnt being constantly mad at Ko Sing! I mean everytime they have some chemistry its like Yu Yi will get pissed off at Ko Sing. Even a simple trip over and then fall of the arms of Ko Sing is good enough!!!!
    Yes, although "The Conqueror's Story" is based on history but TVB does add some humor to it (the plot remains 90% accurate). You'll know what I mean as soon as you start on the first few episodes.

hahaha I never had enough of Ko Sing and Yu Yi's scenes, they were sooo cute and funny together!!!!! Sometimes I was pissed at Yu Yi for picking on Ko Sing (purposely) whereas he always tried to protect and spoil her. She never once said anything nice in front of him unlike So Sam Throughout the whole series, Ko Sing, Yu Yi and So Sam only expressed their feelings from the eyes that's why I wasn't satisfied with the ending hehe, everything ended too fast in my opinion.
    ♥ Adam

Yes really, have I ever mentioned Ding Hai to you? The last one I ever talked about was Ko Sing in TPS That's because Ding Hai is not one of my most favorite characters portrayed by Adam hehe. Well, I saw GOM when I was 10 (after CLH 1995) so I sort of rooted for good guys only, but Ding Hai's crazy character really scared the heck out of me thoughout the series!!!! LOL. In 2002, I bought GOM VCD for my Adam's collection and started to appreciate Ding Hai slowly though.
    Well, I was about the same age, but you know me, I am nuts about villians and actors who play them!

I sometimes just hope that the writers would put more depth into Yu Yi's chracter. She just stopped being important after the Emperor comes to the Yangzhou. Then So Sam had all the attention. I wish apart from learning the entertaining skills at the brothel, Yu Yi was also taught martials arts by So Sam so she can defend herself next time a pervert comes after her (She's a pervert-magnet so she will need it!).
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

hahaha I never had enough of Ko Sing and Yu Yi's scenes, they were sooo cute and funny together!!!!! Sometimes I was pissed at Yu Yi for picking on Ko Sing (purposely) whereas he always tried to protect and spoil her. She never once said anything nice in front of him unlike So Sam Throughout the whole series, Ko Sing, Yu Yi and So Sam only expressed their feelings from the eyes that's why I wasn't satisfied with the ending hehe, everything ended too fast in my opinion.
    They were cute together! Like you said...I got pissed with Yu Yi, picking on Ko Sing all the time...aaa why cant they have just one moment with peace
    What kind of ending would you have wanted?

I've noticed the theme song sounded like an old martial arts song...a lil...just the beginning...
    Currently Watching:
    Good against Evil

Current Favs

They were cute together! Like you said...I got pissed with Yu Yi, picking on Ko Sing all the time...aaa why cant they have just one moment with peace
    What kind of ending would you have wanted?
    Agree with u on this. everytime when Ko Sing and Yu Yi were passing "electric" to each other, it's like halfway through the "process", Yu Yi ended up getting mad at Ko Sing and gave him a hard kick on the ***. if only they have one moment of peace together....all i'm begging for is just one moment and they ended up giving me such a fast ending. This just leaves me craving for more. i wonder if they'll come up with a sequel...hmm...

I've noticed the theme song sounded like an old martial arts song...a lil...just the beginning...
    but i love it! cuz i have a little something for these kinda songs.if only i knew where i can get my hands on that song..