Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: The Prince's Shadow {Adam Cheng, Sheren Tang, Tavia Yeung, Marco Ngai, Joyce Tang}

Quote Originally Posted by baby8love
    Adam seems to be paired with younger actresses a lot. Joyce in "The Driving Power". Maggie in "A Conqueror's Story". Though they're not quite as young as Tavia, but still...

Looking forward to watching the pairings in this series. Looks like they'll be really fun to watch! Adam/Sheren, Tavia/Carlo, Joyce/Marco...
    Because TVB doesn't have any actress (Adam's age) to pair with him. Apparently, Liza Wang and Nancy Sit look older than him although they are a few years younger in age LMAO.

In "The Driving Power," Adam's was paried up with Cecilia Yip (an older actress), Joyce only played his "second wife." Usually second wife is always younger than her husband - for example: The actor who played Adam's uncle in DP, he had like 4 wives, 3 of them were 30 - 40 years younger than he was hahaha.

Lui Chi (Maggie's role) in "The Conqueror's Story" had to be a young lady because Lau Bong (Adam's character) was much older than Lui Chi and Chik Gei.

And in this new series, I'm rooting for Adam and Sheren all the way (age and appearance-wise). Tavia/Carlo, Joyce/Marco are two pairs of perfect match too.
    Last edited by adamcheng22447; 02-24-05 at 04:48 PM.
    ♥ Adam

adamcheng22447 said:

Apparently, Liza Wang and Nancy Sit look older than him although they are a few years younger in age LMAO.
    Really? I don't really see it. Hehe...they all look around the same age to me! I dunno...sometimes when they pair older men with younger women, it just makes the older men look like horny pedophiles. Not good...
    I *heart*...
    [xy] Ron Ng, Moses Chan, Julian Cheung, Michael Tao, Kevin Cheng, Bosco Wong
    [xx] Tavia Yeung, Maggie Cheung, Flora Chan, Ada Choi, Kenix Kwok, Jessica Hsuan, Leila Tong

Really? I don't really see it. Hehe...they all look around the same age to me!
    Well, if you look at Adam, Liza Wang and Nancy Sit's pics, you'll know LOL. I think because I observe way too much (meticulous), even my mom says Liza Wang looks so much older than all of her male co-stars these days hahaha.

I dunno...sometimes when they pair older men with younger women, it just makes the older men look like horny pedophiles. Not good...
    Apparently, that doesn't apply to TVB series. They tend to pair younger actresses with older actors alot if you'd notice.
    ♥ Adam

Quote Originally Posted by adamcheng22447
    Adam plays Ko Sing - a multi-talented man who studies with high authorities and works for the emperor without having any ranks. Qian Long sends him to find Yu Yi's whereabouts in a brothel owns by So Sam. He and So Sam always bicker due to a misunderstanding, but they gradually like each other. He later involves in trouble after discovering about Qian Long's past (birth profile or whatever).

Sheren plays So Sam - owner of a brothel, knows kung fu, a very independent woman who likes Ko Sing.

Tavia plays Yu Yi - emperial maid who admires Ko Sing's intelligence and high skill martial arts.

Marco plays emperor Qian Long - he likes Yu Yi.

Joyce plays empress - I read in the other news (not TVB magazine) saying that she sells Yu Yi into So Sam's brothel because the emperor has a crush on her.

Carlo Ng - Ko Sing's follower who also likes Yu Yi (according to TVB magazine).
    That's great!! I love the witty and intelligent Adam like his other series Chor Lau Heung! Never saw any series of Tavia before so it's going to be fresh for me! Sheren is also 1 of my fav actresses^^

Can anyone tell me who Carlo Ng is?

Quote Originally Posted by ccsakura
    Can anyone tell me who Carlo Ng is?
    Carlo Ng Ka Lok. He's holding the script standing next to Sheren and Adam below.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v734/adamcheng22447/ad4748c6.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v734/adamcheng22447/fa4f575b.jpg')
    ♥ Adam

hmm... i dont like adam dat much becuz hes sorta old but he is still always acting as if he was young nd i agree he is paired wit a lot of young actresses

I actually don't mind Adam that much. He is one of the older actors that I can actually stand. (Slightly off-topic: Paul Chun's my absolute fave older actor.) Really looking forward to seeing him and Sheren.
    I *heart*...
    [xy] Ron Ng, Moses Chan, Julian Cheung, Michael Tao, Kevin Cheng, Bosco Wong
    [xx] Tavia Yeung, Maggie Cheung, Flora Chan, Ada Choi, Kenix Kwok, Jessica Hsuan, Leila Tong

Quote Originally Posted by babyhunni3
    hmm... i dont like adam dat much becuz hes sorta old but he is still always acting as if he was young nd i agree he is paired wit a lot of young actresses
    hmm I dont think so, it's not Adam's fault cuz his character or the script requires him to act silly. Most of his characters are like middle age men..... I know Adam is extremely friendly and kool in person! Its TVB who pairs him up with young actresses so of course he cant control it right? and if you dont like him just cuz he's old then you're ageist lol.

"The Prince's Shadow" hasn't released yet, how do you know he always tries to "act" young? You're being off topic if you refer to the other series. Besides, when does he ever act young????? Performing "hilarious" expressions in comedy series is called trying to act young?
    ♥ Adam

I hope the couples are:

joyce & marco - they're always together

adam & sheren - they would be awesome together,coz normally in movies, she seems heaps serious and he's like really playful i esp liked sheren afta war and beauty

carlo & tav - coz everyone else has a pair and they're like to 2 leftova's lol
    Heroes :: raymond , bosco, ron, roger, johnny depp, ryan reynolds and ronald cheung

IDOLS :: jessica alba, tavia, myolie, miriam yeung, selena li, natalie tong and bernice

hmm have you forgotten your glasses dear,
    he actually has always acted rather mature, which is why people like him

just because young people are in it doesn't mean he is trying to be like them.

i guess your never going to get old then.....i find that interesting

I actually noticed Adam acts more fun and happy roles, than the cliche quiet and stern roles older actors (e.g. Damian Lau) are pushed into, so people may think that he is acting young, but he is just trying to be a happy older character.

As for older actors paired with younger actresses, it's the script's idea, and not Adam who requests to be paired with young actresses.

I am actually quite hoping for Adam and Sheren to end up together, since in Kuet Jeen Wong Shing, she married him and he didn't like her and she died, and I thought it was really sad. I hope they have a happy ending this time.

No offense, but is Marco trying it puff up his chest or is it the costume? It looks very unnatural.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis
    I actually noticed Adam acts more fun and happy roles, than the cliche quiet and stern roles older actors (e.g. Damian Lau) are pushed into, so people may think that he is acting young, but he is just trying to be a happy older character.

As for older actors paired with younger actresses, it's the script's idea, and not Adam who requests to be paired with young actresses.

I am actually quite hoping for Adam and Sheren to end up together, since in Kuet Jeen Wong Shing, she married him and he didn't like her and she died, and I thought it was really sad. I hope they have a happy ending this time.

No offense, but is Marco trying it puff up his chest or is it the costume? It looks very unnatural.
    I totally agree w/ you, charbydis! Adam has been portraying rather easy-going characters with some sense of humor and a few ppl accuse him of trying to act young, what?? It's not Adam who picks the co-stars for himself, why don't they blame TVB eh? Adam and Sheren are probably going to end up together b/c last time he mentioned that she played his wife in this serial!! Yay, I really like their chemistry in Kuet Gin Wong Shing! Tavia is better off with Carlo Ng lol..

As for your question, I think it's the costume that makes Marco puffed...but I've seen him shirtless before...he sure have 6 packs^^

wow.. marco and joyce is acting together again...coOL
    My idol: Jay Chou, JJ Lin, Junyang, Jae Hee, Julian Cheung, Jimmy Lin, Mike He, Kingone Wang, Raymond Lam, Tank, Hyun Bin.

the prince's shadow trailer on tv~~

credits to chow goon fascination collection

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://usera.imagecave.com/yulingfung/tps/atps1.jpg')$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://usera.imagecave.com/yulingfung/tps/atps2.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://usera.imagecave.com/yulingfung/tps/atps3.jpg')$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://usera.imagecave.com/yulingfung/tps/atps5.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://usera.imagecave.com/yulingfung/tps/atps6.jpg')
    #1 fav actor/singer: chow goon adam cheng~~

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://usera.imagecave.com/yulingfung/tps/atps7.jpg')$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://usera.imagecave.com/yulingfung/tps/atps8.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://usera.imagecave.com/yulingfung/tps/atps10.jpg')$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://usera.imagecave.com/yulingfung/tps/atps11.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://usera.imagecave.com/yulingfung/tps/atps13.jpg')
    #1 fav actor/singer: chow goon adam cheng~~

Not even a tiny picture of Carlo in the poster.
    Bias TVB.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    Not even a tiny picture of Carlo in the poster.
    Bias TVB.
    LOL don't be angry, here's a funny scene of Tavia and Carlo to make up for it. It's taken from yeungyi.com

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://yeungyi.com/news/m/tvb_weekly/2004/0914.jpg')
    ♥ Adam

Thanks ACL.

From the pictures, it seems like Carlo have quite a lot to do in this series. I'm glad about that. I would hate it if his role is like that of Chris and Roy in TITS. Both character have nothing much to do in the series.

Carlo's role in 'Blade Heart', although short, is memorable to me. Sima SiuYiu is still one of my all time favourite characters from TVB series.