Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: The Prince's Shadow {Adam Cheng, Sheren Tang, Tavia Yeung, Marco Ngai, Joyce Tang}

Larger poster from http://www.tvfe.com/index.html

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.tvfe.com/drama/2005_dramas/drama_pictures/the_princes_shadow.jpg')

Release Date - 推出日期: 17/03/2005
    Number of Episodes - 集數: 20

請按放大

影像格式: DVD錄影帶

Starring - 演員:
    鄭少秋, 鄧萃雯
    楊怡, 魏駿傑
    滕麗名, 吳家樂
    蔣志光, 劉家輝

KO SING (CHENG SIU CHOW, ADAM) is well versed in both literature and martial arts. He is an official, yet he is the one Emperor KIN LUNG (NGAI CHUN KIT, MARCO) goes to whenever he has something difficult to solve.

SING goes to Yangzhou to search for the emperor's lover (YUE YEE (YEUNG YI, TAVIA). He finds out that YEE has been sold to the owner, SO SAM (TANG SHUI MAN, SHEREN), of a renowned brothel. The Brothel is in fact a shelter for helpless girls. Not realising this, SING misconstrues that SAM forces young girls to participate in prostitution. YEE is involved in a murder case. SAM, who is also known as the "Chivalrous Prostitute", tries hard to save her. It is only then that SING understands SAM.

YEE returns to her home village to visit her father and is involved in yet another murder case. SING manages to prove that she is innocent. Nevertheless, he has discovered the emperor's real identity during the investigation, putting his own life at risk ... ...

高 昇 (鄭少秋) 文 武 雙 全 , 是 乾 隆 (魏駿傑) 的 御 用 閒 人 , 皇 上 多 大 的 難 題 落 在 他 手 中 都 能 迎 刃 而 解 。

昇到 揚 州 替 皇 上 找 尋 意 中 人 如 意 (楊怡) 之 下 落 , 發 現 意 已 被 揚 州 第 一 妓 院 萬 花 樓 的老闆 蘇 三 (鄧萃雯) 買 下 。 萬 花 樓 表 面 上 是 煙 花 之 地 , 實 質 是 孤 女 的 庇 護 所 。 昇 不 知 底蘊, 以 為 三 迫 良 為 娼 。 及 至 意 捲 入 謀 殺 案 , 有 「俠妓」 稱 譽 的 三 盡 力 營 救 , 昇 才 明 白三的 為 人 。

後 意 回 鄉 探 父 , 竟 又 被 扯 入 謀 殺 案 中 。 昇 成 功 為 意 脫 罪 , 卻 因 此 而 無 意 得 悉 乾 隆 身 世 之 謎 , 惹 來 殺 身 之 禍 … …
    ♥ Adam

I have a question. Does Yu Yi know that the emperor likes her in chapter 2?? Poor Ko Sing trying to cover up for her lol!

Quote Originally Posted by angel_luvz
    I have a question. Does Yu Yi know that the emperor likes her in chapter 2?? Poor Ko Sing trying to cover up for her lol!
    No, I don't think so. I think she will know in episode 3 which I am desperately waiting to watch
    ♥ Adam

Episodes 2-6 from TVB Weekly 405 (Thanks May for scanning )

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v734/adamcheng22447/theprinceshadow/tvb405_1.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v734/adamcheng22447/theprinceshadow/tvb405_2.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v734/adamcheng22447/theprinceshadow/tvb405_3.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v734/adamcheng22447/theprinceshadow/tvb405_4.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v734/adamcheng22447/theprinceshadow/tvb405_5.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v734/adamcheng22447/theprinceshadow/tvb405_6.jpg')
    ♥ Adam

Senior Member KennyLeeJianSiong's Avatar

To those in Malaysia,

you can start renting this series at the rental shops....because episode 1-2 just arrived!!!!!
    Sam and Zoe are FOREVER and EVER!
    Please visit :Codename : Dreams|| Get TVB Theme songs here & here

Quote Originally Posted by KennyLeeJianSiong
    To those in Malaysia,

you can start renting this series at the rental shops....because episode 1-2 just arrived!!!!!
    Yeah Kenny, I strong recommend this series, it's not as tragic as "Blade Heart," and not what you called long-winded like "The Conqueror's Story." Well, you all should try it LOL.
    ♥ Adam

Quote Originally Posted by adamcheng22447
    Yeah Kenny, I strong recommend this series, it's not as tragic as "Blade Heart," and not what you called long-winded like "The Conqueror's Story." Well, you all should try it LOL.
    wow, you remember my comments about those two series.........wow.......

I am sure I will watch this series, but as I done in the past, I will wait for all episodes to arrive first...then only rent it....don't want to watch, then wait, then watch....very painful for me to wait......

to kidd,
    Tuesday 15/ 3, eps 1-2 VCD released
    Saturday eps 19/3 eps 3-4 VCD release
    in Malaysia^^

Quote Originally Posted by angel_luvz
    to kidd,
    Tuesday 15/ 3, eps 1-2 VCD released
    Saturday eps 19/3 eps 3-4 VCD release
    in Malaysia^^
    Thanks, but I've already dropped by my video rental stall yesterday and got epi 1-2.

Wonder why it took so long to release epi 3-4. It usually only take 2 days.

Currently, I don't like the Emperor and Empress. The Emperor for not appreciating Ko Sing. Ko Sing help him saved so much money and also got beaten in the process, but he only give Ko Sing some outer injury medicine powder. Not even some present or gold or a position in the government service. From the look of Ko Sing when the Emperor said his wit is not suitable for government post, u can see that he does want to have a post although he said to his old maid that it does matter.

I also don't like the Empresss for being so unfair. But I have to say, Joyce Tang played the role very well. Her Empress is so regal and elegant, not to mention beautiful too.

Quote Originally Posted by KennyLeeJianSiong
    wow, you remember my comments about those two series.........wow.......

I am sure I will watch this series, but as I done in the past, I will wait for all episodes to arrive first...then only rent it....don't want to watch, then wait, then watch....very painful for me to wait......
    I don't have that good memory, but I try to remember people's comments on Adam's series

Yeah, I hate waiting for new episodes to come out, BUT I can't stand sitting at home knowing that my series has released and without ME watching it!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    Thanks, but I've already dropped by my video rental stall yesterday and got epi 1-2.

Wonder why it took so long to release epi 3-4. It usually only take 2 days.

Currently, I don't like the Emperor and Empress. The Emperor for not appreciating Ko Sing. Ko Sing help him saved so much money and also got beaten in the process, but he only give Ko Sing some outer injury medicine powder. Not even some present or gold or a position in the government service. From the look of Ko Sing when the Emperor said his wit is not suitable for government post, u can see that he does want to have a post although he said to his old maid that it does matter.

I also don't like the Empresss for being so unfair. But I have to say, Joyce Tang played the role very well. Her Empress is so regal and elegant, not to mention beautiful too.
    I agree with you. The emperor is sooo useless and has no respect for Ko Sing who is his senior, has helped him with political issues and taught him kung fu. I wonder why Ko Sing is still helping him????

As for the empress, LOL I'm not used to Joyce playing this type of character. However, she's getting good in episode 3 where she and Ko Sing "compete" in solving a case that involves Yu Yi and Chow Yat Ching. Although episode 3 isn't funny but still very intense

By the way, what's your impression of Carlo's character? LOL.
    Last edited by adamcheng22447; 03-17-05 at 01:20 AM.
    ♥ Adam

By the way, what's your impression of Carlo's character? LOL.
    My impression of him base on the first 2 episodes is that he a very nice person but also very compliant and prone to being bullied by others. That's why the other guards always asked him to do the stuff they themselves didn't want to do. Ko Sing said he is a timid person, but I have not seen any example of it yet. Need more episodes to see.
    Last edited by kidd; 03-17-05 at 02:45 AM.

6 trailers from tv!!

http://www.adamchengspecial.hk/main/index2.html

My impression of him base on the first 2 episodes is that he a very nice person but also very compliant and prone to being bullied by others. That's why the other guards always asked him to do the stuff they themselves didn't want to do. Ko Sing said he is a timid person, but I have not seen any example of it yet. Need more episodes to see.
    ko sing is right i read abt yat ching's character from tvb website,he really surprises me in the end~~
    #1 fav actor/singer: chow goon adam cheng~~

Quote Originally Posted by yulingfung
    6 trailers from tv!!

http://www.adamchengspecial.hk/main/index2.html

ko sing is right i read abt yat ching's character from tvb website,he really surprises me in the end~~
    Why do u put the '' icon in your sentence? What do mean by that?

I know Zhao Yat Ching's character is suppose to be timid. If not, the scriptwriter would write this comment in Ko Sing's dialog. Even that scanned magazine page mentioned that Yat Ching is suppose to be timid. But I still have not seen any example of it and ACL is asking my impression on Yat Ching based on the series itself.

Anyway, I do not know how correct is TVB website characters write up nowadays. I remember reading the writeup of the 2 princes in the Love Is Beautiful section, and a lot of things that the website said the princes would do never came up in the actual series itself.

I'm more surprise that they did write up on the Zhao Yat Ching character. This guy was not shown at all in the poster and neither was his picture shown during commercial break where the screen has the picture of the Ko Sing, Yu Yi, Sheren's character, the Emperor and the Empress.

I don't have that good memory, but I try to remember people's comments on Adam's series
    same thing.....you remember that I said those comments.......

Anyway, I will wait......must wait...if not, I will be restless wanting to know the storyline...and have to wait......

I know Zhao Yat Ching's character is suppose to be timid. If not, the scriptwriter would write this comment in Ko Sing's dialog. Even that scanned magazine page mentioned that Yat Ching is suppose to be timid. But I still have not seen any example of it and ACL is asking my impression on Yat Ching based on the series itself.

Anyway, I do not know how correct is TVB website characters write up nowadays. I remember reading the writeup of the 2 princes in the Love Is Beautiful section, and a lot of things that the website said the princes would do never came up in the actual series itself.

I'm more surprise that they did write up on the Zhao Yat Ching character. This guy was not shown at all in the poster and neither was his picture shown during commercial break where the screen has the picture of the Ko Sing, Yu Yi, Sheren's character, the Emperor and the Empress.
    I think yu ling fung means that Chow Yat Ching betrays Ko Sing in the end. Have you read that at TVB website? Well, I never noticed that they have their info written incorrectly because it hasn't happened to Adam's series I guess LOL.

Yeah, it surprised me that Yat Ching was in one of the character analysis section so his role must be somewhat important
    ♥ Adam

Managed to get my hands on the first two episodes...so far so good! I think Marco's hilarious! Haha...and the parts where Yu Yi always catches Ko Sing half-naked? So funny!

I think I'm really going to enjoy this drama.
    I *heart*...
    [xy] Ron Ng, Moses Chan, Julian Cheung, Michael Tao, Kevin Cheng, Bosco Wong
    [xx] Tavia Yeung, Maggie Cheung, Flora Chan, Ada Choi, Kenix Kwok, Jessica Hsuan, Leila Tong

I have read about Zhou Yat Ching (with my limited command of written chinese) in the TVB website. I still would not say he is timid because he choose to be loyal to the Emperor. Ungrateful-yes, timid-no.

I think yu ling fung means that Chow Yat Ching betrays Ko Sing in the end. Have you read that at TVB website? Well, I never noticed that they have their info written incorrectly because it hasn't happened to Adam's series I guess LOL.

Yeah, it surprised me that Yat Ching was in one of the character analysis section so his role must be somewhat important
    yea, that's what i meant. at first i thought yat ching was innocent n all but he betrayed ko sing in the end all due to his loyalty to the emperor. i dun understand what's so gd abt the emperor that makes everyone works for him w/o gaining benefits??
    #1 fav actor/singer: chow goon adam cheng~~

Lightbulb

I feeel so sorry for Tavia in ep 5. She's been matreated ever since ep 1, then she meets Ko Sing who becomes her best friend, but the emperor wants her....Ep 5 is amazing!! Ko Sing finally leaves the palace to search for Yu Yi, in yangzhou he bumps into So Sam hahaha.. they are quite funny too 'cuz they dislike each other's guts.

Adam's acting is excellent in this series, I like him playing this type of character 'cuz he's really good in portraying THE hero. Tavia has improved sooo much ever since TOB. Sheren is very cool SO FAR, need to say more? Joyce's acting is exaggerated!! I mean when she talks, its fake. Marco's character is annoying but hilarious I guess. Carlo is such a sweetie. I think he likes Yu Yi!

Quote Originally Posted by yulingfung
    yea, that's what i meant. at first i thought yat ching was innocent n all but he betrayed ko sing in the end all due to his loyalty to the emperor. i dun understand what's so gd abt the emperor that makes everyone works for him w/o gaining benefits??
    That's because he's the Emperor. People r suppose to be loyal to the Emperor no matter what. That's what they r thought since young.