Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: The Prince's Shadow {Adam Cheng, Sheren Tang, Tavia Yeung, Marco Ngai, Joyce Tang}

Quote Originally Posted by yulingfung
    i also agree joyce tries a bit hard but it doesn't work lol~~ marco is really funny since i never watched any of his comedy series carlo isn't bad now cos he;s really really nice, esp to yu yi do u think she ever luv him? well, adam-sheren-tav r my fav now.. (obviously lol~~). anyway, i luv the chemistry the cast have together!!
    I hope not actually.. because I love the Adam-Tavia chemistry!
    but I also like Adam-Sheren.. hmm

Eps 11 is hilarious when Marco visits the brothel lmao

Quote Originally Posted by baobao
    I hope not actually.. because I love the Adam-Tavia chemistry!
    but I also like Adam-Sheren.. hmm

Eps 11 is hilarious when Marco visits the brothel lmao
    I couldn't agree more with you Whatever people say, I totally love Ko Sing and Yu Yi's characters (obsessed!!!!)

Yeah, episode 11 was really hilarious when Qian Long visited Man Fa Lau, but I thought episode 12 was even more hilarious So Sam told the girls to get him drunk every night so he couldn't lay eyes on Yu Yi, then Ko Sing and Chow Yat Ching ended up carrying him into his room EVERY NIGHT!!!! LOL. I felt pretty sad when Ko Sing announced that he was leaving with the emperor I hope he comes back soon (in episode 14 arghh).

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v326/adamchenglover84/tps/ep12_5.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v326/adamchenglover84/tps/ep12_10.jpg')
    Last edited by adamcheng22447; 03-30-05 at 01:28 PM.
    ♥ Adam

By the way, the second week rating of TPS averaged 31, highest at 35 points

Source to the news:

http://groups.msn.com/CGsExpress/cge...16141057943879

Scans of episodes 12 - 16 from TVB Week #407. Thanks to Chin woo at adamcheng.com

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://usera.imagecave.com/adamchenglover/theprinceshadow/tvb407_1.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://usera.imagecave.com/adamchenglover/theprinceshadow/tvb407_2.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://usera.imagecave.com/adamchenglover/theprinceshadow/tvb407_3.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://usera.imagecave.com/adamchenglover/theprinceshadow/tvb407_4.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://usera.imagecave.com/adamchenglover/theprinceshadow/tvb407_5.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://usera.imagecave.com/adamchenglover/theprinceshadow/tvb407_6.jpg')
    Last edited by adamcheng22447; 03-30-05 at 01:00 PM.
    ♥ Adam

Haha.. I don't know why, but I sense a lot of sexual tension in this series.. especially coming from the females

It's quite odd that this series will end in 20 eps, since we were just introduced to a couple of new important characters in eps 12 & 13.

I just hope nothing is rushed
    Last edited by baobao; 03-30-05 at 03:50 PM.

Just finished watching Ep 12 yesterday and it's sooooo good!!! This seris has definitely not disappointed.

Marco is hilarious. Never knew he was so good at comedy!
    I *heart*...
    [xy] Ron Ng, Moses Chan, Julian Cheung, Michael Tao, Kevin Cheng, Bosco Wong
    [xx] Tavia Yeung, Maggie Cheung, Flora Chan, Ada Choi, Kenix Kwok, Jessica Hsuan, Leila Tong

Quote Originally Posted by Corey
    So Joyce is evil?.. that's no good.
    poor tavia, getting sold to a brothel. isnt adam a bit too old for her?
    LOL.

The actresses are getting younger and younger but that doesn't ruin Adam's chances with younger leading/supporting ladies.

Remember Cerina in TCS? Isn't she even younger than Tavia? After Cerina paired up with Adam, I am not surprised they pair him with anyone anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by baby8love
    Really? I don't really see it. Hehe...they all look around the same age to me! I dunno...sometimes when they pair older men with younger women, it just makes the older men look like horny pedophiles. Not good...
    I agree. Female actresses after the age of 35 have little hope of getting lead roles while men can still play roles that are 20 years younger. I hate that double standard. Aside from Liza and Nancy who get substantial work, women at Adam's age have long been playing mothers and grandmothers or trivial "bat po" roles. You'd never see them with younger men though.

Quote Originally Posted by baobao
    Haha.. I don't know why, but I sense a lot of sexual tension in this series.. especially coming from the females

It's quite odd that this series will end in 20 eps, since we were just introduced to a couple of new important characters in eps 12 & 13.

I just hope nothing is rushed

lol~ what do u mean a lot of sexual tension? sowwie, i'm slow

i also hope it won't rush in the end. imo, i think the new characters r really boring to watch. i didn't like ep 13 'til ko sing n qian long showed up!!

btw, yu yi never loved yat ching so i dun think she'll end up with him
    #1 fav actor/singer: chow goon adam cheng~~

i have a feeling that adam cheung's character is the real emperor. and somehow the emperor got switch as a child.
    Am i Crazy!?!?!?!
    [8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888]

Red face

I thought so too, but this series wouldn't be that obvious though. Let's wait and see=]
    Back to chapter 14, I was relieved when Ko Sing appeared on time to save So Sam from getting punished! Great series... I want to see more!

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy8
    i have a feeling that adam cheung's character is the real emperor. and somehow the emperor got switch as a child.
    hahaha I used to think that he was the real emperor but now it's kindda impossible because Qian Long in history was somewhat related to the Chan's family in Hai Ning. I don't want TVB to distort history again LOL, unless Adam IS Qian Long, but he's Ko Sing for sure
    ♥ Adam

i finished tape three/ episode 6 yesterday.. It seems like a fun series.. Is the series divided into little sections where go sing is off investigating different cases or something? it kinda seems like it... The first case would be the death of the concubine and her affair.. the second would be him in guang zhou trying to find tavia.. I think joyce as the empress isnt too fitting.. after WAB i just picture all empress as being evil but joyce doesnt really do the scheming evil that well..
    Inferno's TVB Blog - Come visit my blog with TVB series thoughts, reviews, analysis, and more!

Red face

Wow, I can't believe the support for this movie; imo it's rather silly. For example, would the emperor really be attracted to a palace maiden (same problem in War & Beauty)? A brothel that does not sell sex, really? Finally, Adam Cheung's acting-overestimated.

Quote Originally Posted by l'étranger
    Wow, I can't believe the support for this movie; imo it's rather silly. For example, would the emperor really be attracted to a palace maiden (same problem in War & Beauty)? A brothel that does not sell sex, really? Finally, Adam Cheung's acting-overestimated.
    This series (not movie) is a mixture of COMEDY (comedy is somewhat silly) and adventure. Why can't the emperor be attracted to a palace maiden? It often happened back then in the old days where they had affairs with the maids whom they were attracted to. Hasn't So Sam already explained the "truth" about Man Fa Lau?? She only shelters young girls without a home. IMO, Adam Cheng's (not Adam Cheung) acting is fine and I don't see it's overestimated. The way he recites poems, his natural fighting skill, funny expressions, etc are simply awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno323
    i finished tape three/ episode 6 yesterday.. It seems like a fun series.. Is the series divided into little sections where go sing is off investigating different cases or something? it kinda seems like it... The first case would be the death of the concubine and her affair.. the second would be him in guang zhou trying to find tavia.. I think joyce as the empress isnt too fitting.. after WAB i just picture all empress as being evil but joyce doesnt really do the scheming evil that well..
    Yeah, after he finds Yu Yi (Tavia) and saves the brothel, So Sam is involved in a murder case, and then Yu Yi again is involved in another case that will lead to Qian Long's birthmark and the death of Ko Sing.....(he'll be okie though )

I think Joyce's empress isn't convincing enough. I get irritated whenever she WHISPERS the dialogues which is really annoying LOL. She's not as evil as the concubines in WAB (I haven't seen it but I read about the plot), but she totally hates Yu Yi. As as you go along, you'll see another cruel side of her when she tries to protect her dignity and the one she loves.
    Last edited by adamcheng22447; 04-01-05 at 04:09 PM.
    ♥ Adam

wasnt Qian Long suppose to be a southern han? the real emperior was really someone else? something about switching babies when the real Qian Long was born. Qian Long is suppose to have a big secret.
    Am i Crazy!?!?!?!

wasnt Qian Long suppose to be a southern han? the real emperior was really someone else? something about switching babies when the real Qian Long was born. Qian Long is suppose to have a big secret.
    I wonder what the origin of that rumor is, as I'm not aware of any reliable historical source that actually backs it up. Stories like Jin Yong's "Shu Jian En Chou Lu" like to utilize this idea, though.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Cool

I heard it was all rumor... Qian Long was Yung Ching's son, therefore he wasn't related to Han at all. This series is based on rumors by relating Qian Long with Chen's familly.

whos the guy that play the emperior? i forgot his name.
    he makes everything so funny. i think without his character i would not watch this
    series. it always gets my attention when the emperior appears cus u can expect some funnys. Go sing is just a smart *** but is not always entertaining, once in awhile it would get interesting.
    Am i Crazy!?!?!?!

whos the guy that play the emperior? i forgot his name.
    he makes everything so funny. i think without his character i would not watch this
    series. it always gets my attention when the emperior appears cus u can expect some funnys. Go sing is just a smart *** but is not always entertaining, once in awhile it would get interesting.
    Marco Ngai plays Qianlong. I agree, he is really funny in this series.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Wink

I don't like Marco Ngai's character in this series. He's so stupid and annoying!! I wanted to throw the remote at him whenever he showed up. His appearance = troubles!!! What kind of emperor who is dependent on his shi dou to do things for him? Useless! I love Ko Sing, he's so smart, funny and sweet lol.