Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: The Prince's Shadow {Adam Cheng, Sheren Tang, Tavia Yeung, Marco Ngai, Joyce Tang}

Quote Originally Posted by Wo Ai Ni 84
    I don't like Marco Ngai's character in this series. He's so stupid and annoying!! I wanted to throw the remote at him whenever he showed up. His appearance = troubles!!! What kind of emperor who is dependent on his shi dou to do things for him? Useless! I love Ko Sing, he's so smart, funny and sweet lol.
    Qianlong makes Gao Sheng look good. He's his foil in this series.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge
    Qianlong makes Gao Sheng look good. He's his foil in this series.
    Yeah, Ko Sing is like a genius beside the emperor LMAO. I agree with Wo Ai Ni 84 though, I don't really like Qian Long for some reasons no wonder Yu Yi despite him hahaha.

Anyway, although I dislike his character but there are quite a few funny scenes of Ko Sing and Qian Long together especially the ENGLISH PART, man I was laughing my *** off when Ko Sing taught Qian Long English, but Qian Long ended up converting the words into Chinese. Ko Sing's expression "HA?" was freaking hilarious hehe
    ♥ Adam

Red face

yes... I cant wait to see Ko Sing kicks Qian Long's arse next wk!! I saw the trailers for next wk, it will end at ep 20 =[

how come this series so short? only 20 eps? I love adam here because he can solve everything. He's cool!!!!

Yeah, Ko Sing is like a genius beside the emperor LMAO. I agree with Wo Ai Ni 84 though, I don't really like Qian Long for some reasons no wonder Yu Yi despite him hahaha.

Anyway, although I dislike his character but there are quite a few funny scenes of Ko Sing and Qian Long together especially the ENGLISH PART, man I was laughing my *** off when Ko Sing taught Qian Long English, but Qian Long ended up converting the words into Chinese. Ko Sing's expression "HA?" was freaking hilarious hehe
    You already watching up to that part??? Gee.. im only up to ep 9! By the way you described that scene, i want to watch it now!!!!
    hahaah.... yes... this series is so funny... i really like adam, sheren and tavia... also marco because he's funny and carlo ng because he's so nice and sweet to tavia!

I was just reading this whole thread and am interested in chow yat ching and yu yi's relationship.... i mean i heard someone posted saying that he betrayed ko sing.. but i just find that impossible because most of his time, he is with ko sing and are very close....
    So i find that shocking when i heard what chow yat ching did... if chow yat ching really does betray ko sing, i guess that just means.. he wont end up with yu yi... i was actually rooting for them... he's so nice to her and even sacrificed for her!

Please some one (if have watched the end) tell me what happens to yu yi and chow yat ching?

P.S- rotting for sheren and adam.. they're so funnny together and shall i say compatible/sweet!
    ~TVB Alwaiz~

Quote Originally Posted by adamcheng22447
    Haha...yeah, I loved the part too! It was soooooo damn funny. Haha...I actually don't mind Qian Long. I think the character's a bit slimy and the way he treats Ko Sing isn't very good, but I think he's a decent enough emperor. I think the fact that Marco's doing such a great job as Qian Long really goes a long way too. If it were anyone else playing QL, I'd probably hate him.
    I *heart*...
    [xy] Ron Ng, Moses Chan, Julian Cheung, Michael Tao, Kevin Cheng, Bosco Wong
    [xx] Tavia Yeung, Maggie Cheung, Flora Chan, Ada Choi, Kenix Kwok, Jessica Hsuan, Leila Tong

Quote Originally Posted by baby8love
    Haha...yeah, I loved the part too! It was soooooo damn funny. Haha...I actually don't mind Qian Long. I think the character's a bit slimy and the way he treats Ko Sing isn't very good, but I think he's a decent enough emperor. I think the fact that Marco's doing such a great job as Qian Long really goes a long way too. If it were anyone else playing QL, I'd probably hate him.
    I guess I dislike Qian Long because he's never been grateful to Ko Sing since Ko Sing always helps him with his love affairs and political issues Other than that he and Ko Sing are the two most hilarious characters in TPS LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by csfan
    You already watching up to that part??? Gee.. im only up to ep 9! By the way you described that scene, i want to watch it now!!!!
    hahaah.... yes... this series is so funny... i really like adam, sheren and tavia... also marco because he's funny and carlo ng because he's so nice and sweet to tavia!

I was just reading this whole thread and am interested in chow yat ching and yu yi's relationship.... i mean i heard someone posted saying that he betrayed ko sing.. but i just find that impossible because most of his time, he is with ko sing and are very close....
    So i find that shocking when i heard what chow yat ching did... if chow yat ching really does betray ko sing, i guess that just means.. he wont end up with yu yi... i was actually rooting for them... he's so nice to her and even sacrificed for her!

Please some one (if have watched the end) tell me what happens to yu yi and chow yat ching?

P.S- rotting for sheren and adam.. they're so funnny together and shall i say compatible/sweet!
    Yeah, I am on episode 15 now, sooo good, but no one has seen the ending yet

Yat Ching is a very nice friend, but he's loyal to the emperor so he basically obeys whatever the emperor orders him to do. For example, in episode 12 when Qian Long picked So Sam to be one of his one-night-stand game, he had Yat Ching guarding the door and immediately kills anyone who disturbs them (referring to Ko Sing). Ko Sing was furious wanting to save So Sam but was stopped by Yat Ching with the sword on his hand!!!!! So I wouldn't be surprised if Yat Ching would betray Ko Sing in the end after Ko Sing knew about Qian Long's secret.

Reading from Yat Ching and Yu Yi's characters from TVB website, I don't think they'll end up with each other. It says, "Yat Ching due to loyalty, betrays his own friend and gives up his love for Yu Yi" or something like that (I forgot). As for Yu Yi, seeing that Ko Sing and So Sam's relationship becomes more and more closer than before, she gives up her feelings and pretends to love Yat Ching. After Ko Sing once again saves her from another murder case, she realizes that she never loved Yat Ching. In the end both Yu Yi and So Sam leave because they think that Ko Sing likes one another hahhaha, then Ko Sing finally realizes his true love (alot of people say So Sam).
    ♥ Adam

Quote Originally Posted by yulingfung
    lol~ what do u mean a lot of sexual tension? sowwie, i'm slow
    Lol.. don't think I want to explain that.. moreover, I don't think I know how to explain it...

Ahh... I love the fact that the queen's 'ex'lover was her teacher.. makes it feel all the more forbidden

I just started watching this series and it's really good. Adam is always good in period roles. Is it only 20 episodes?

Quote Originally Posted by bonniec1
    I just started watching this series and it's really good. Adam is always good in period roles. Is it only 20 episodes?
    Yep, only 20 episodes, but when you reach episode 20 you'll feel like it needs about 5 more episodes to clear things up.
    ♥ Adam

Thanks- I rented the rest of the series - I'll probably plough through it in a couple of days.

Starting watching this series. Its sooooooooo good! I love the events that are happening outside the Palace at Man fa lao when Ko Sing first arrives and shows his cunningness!!! Great series!

Anyone else seen it? What are you thoughts?
    Currently Watching:
    Good against Evil

Current Favs
    Fav Actor: Roger Kwok
    Fav Actress: Tavia Yeung

Quote Originally Posted by neverland
    Starting watching this series. Its sooooooooo good! I love the events that are happening outside the Palace at Man fa lao when Ko Sing first arrives and shows his cunningness!!! Great series!

Anyone else seen it? What are you thoughts?
    I finished the show a few mths ago and posted my comments but this forum was down for awhile thus losing all the posts from April!!

Let me recall, umm, I loved show from the beginning to the end especially with a wonderful casts! ADAM and Sheren's characters were my fav b/c of their intelligence + humor!!

i just finished this series and what can i say...
    Thumbs up ...the storyline's not boring...unlike most ancient series nowadays.
    But i'm kinda disappointed that Yu Yi did not end up with Yat Ching.if i were her, i would've chosen Yat Ching...he's younger, cuter although not that bright compared to Ko Sing.
    Initially, i thought Yat Ching really betrayed Ko Sing on episode 19,but when i saw the part where he pee on the cannonballs....haha...i nearly laughed my head off.
    i found the emperor kinda cute at first ....but after his 360-degree change in the last episode...i was so pissed.And i really love the empress.i felt quite pity for her for having to stay at that darn emperor's side for her eternity and not being able to be with that handsome teacher of hers.
    i would've been happier if the ending is: Yat Ching escaped with Ko Sing n the ladies and then Yu Yi accepting him in the end while So Sam ends up with Ko Sing

And there's one thing i dont understand: Why didnt the emperor send someone to kill Ko Sing after Ko Sing escaped from the palace?i thought the emperor desperately want him dead..

Yeah, all those posts just gone...kinda makes you feel stink!

I really enjoy this series! Just finished...thats how much i enjoyed it!!! Haven't seen a classic comedy ancient series in awhile.

I kinda have to disagree with you about Yu Yi not ending up with Yat Ching, he was too loyal to the emperor that he couldnt deal with Yu Yi as well considering the emperor likes Yu Yi too. I mean sure, he did pee on the cannonballs (which i admit was QUITE funny) but he was so loyal to the king that he didnt leave with Ko Sing and the others. But if he did go with them, and wasnt so loyal to the emperor then yes I agree that Yu Yi should end up with Yat Ching. Thats my view anyway

It was quite strange how the emperor changed quite rapidly despite all the things that Ko Sing did for him. I guess it shows that every emperor cares about themselves more than anything. (Reminds me of the "emperor" in ASITP)

I guess he didnt want it to be big news that he wants Ko Sing dead, cos like everyone thinks that Ko Sing and the Emperor are close, so they properly would wonder why he suddenly would wanna kill him....thats what I think anyway!

Love this series!!!!
    Currently Watching:
    Good against Evil

Current Favs

I kinda have to disagree with you about Yu Yi not ending up with Yat Ching, he was too loyal to the emperor that he couldnt deal with Yu Yi as well considering the emperor likes Yu Yi too. I mean sure, he did pee on the cannonballs (which i admit was QUITE funny) but he was so loyal to the king that he didnt leave with Ko Sing and the others. But if he did go with them, and wasnt so loyal to the emperor then yes I agree that Yu Yi should end up with Yat Ching. Thats my view anyway
    I personally like Ko Sing and Yu Yi more Yu Yi's character is somewhat independent and tough therefore she prefers a MAN who can look after her/protect her, not a little KID who always gets himself in troubles like Yat Ching hahaa. But then again, to Ko Sing, Yu Yu is a little immature girl
    ♥ Adam

Yeah, all those posts just gone...kinda makes you feel stink!

I really enjoy this series! Just finished...thats how much i enjoyed it!!! Haven't seen a classic comedy ancient series in awhile.

It was quite strange how the emperor changed quite rapidly despite all the things that Ko Sing did for him. I guess it shows that every emperor cares about themselves more than anything. (Reminds me of the "emperor" in ASITP)

I guess he didnt want it to be big news that he wants Ko Sing dead, cos like everyone thinks that Ko Sing and the Emperor are close, so they properly would wonder why he suddenly would wanna kill him....thats what I think anyway!

Love this series!!!!
    Agree! Yu Yi would not go well with Yat Ching for long since the thing Yu Yi most dislikes about Ko Sing is his constant devotion to the Emperor, and if she couldn't accept it in Ko Sing, what chance does Yat Ching have? I think Yu Yi is too mature for Yat Ching anyway! Yat Ching is very adorable!

I actually didn't think the Emperor changed at all throughout the series, he was just hiding his true self, and Ko Sing and us the audience got conned. He already showed that he cares more about himself than Ko Sing in the first ep when he ordered for Ko Sing to get beaten to show how just he was. He doesn't even try to compensate for Ko Sing, and whacks him for the bottom and finds it funny! He doesn't really treat Ko Sing as a friend, more like a servant (when compared to Wai Siu Bo and Hong Hei's opposite relationship).

I actually find Ying Zheng in ASTIP a better person than this Qian Long. At least Ying Zheng really cared about his teacher, and his birth mother and changed just to survive, but Qian Long here was spoilt and does what he does because he likes to demean others to make himself look good, and does it for enjoyment. He doesn't really care for anybody, except himself.

The reason why I think Qian Long did not order people to chase after Ko Sing and co, was probabaly because his wife would be there to stop it, as she said before she left him in that empty room. She has as much power as he does, even though to other people, he is stronger, but in reality, the Empress is smarter, more sophisticated and more courageous. In a way, he is afraid of her,

Als, as you said, it would not be good if word gets out that the Emperor is chasing after some prostitues who refused to sleep with him, and he is trying to kill his "best friend". He wanted to maintain that "kind" and "merciful" image in front of other poeple, chasing after the gang woudl just ruin it for him.

About the pairing between Yu Yi and Ko Sing, I think So Sam understands him better and is more tolerable to his faults when compared with Yu Yi, who just chucks tantrums at him without explaining why. I prefer So Sam more.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

ok...haha.u guys succeed in convincing me that Ko Sing's a more ideal choice for Yu Yi compared to Yat Ching.

What i was trying to say is that yu yi n yat ching are more suited as a couple because of their small age gap. Ko Sing's like much much older than her. So Sam,by looking at her age, is more suitable for Ko Sing. And from what i saw, there's not much chemistry between Yu Yi n Ko Sing. There's just that little bit more between So Sam n him.

But whatever the reason is, Ko Sing gets both ladies in the end.
    ... whoever Yu Yi ends up with,the ending's still great n i still love this series.

lol! everyone's entitled to there own opinions! I actually dont mind them being paired...its not like we see them do....yeah...stuff....but this isnt the first time tavia is paired up with someone older. It really depends on the character chemistry which i believe yu yi and ko sing have...although yu yi can be a bit stubborn sometimes!

Hiding his true self aye? Hmm never thought it from that perspective but it kinda make sense as the emperor was so sure of killing ko sing when he heard the news without hesitation.

Thats true about Ying Zheng being better, i was simply trying to say that their main act is to stay in power no matter what it takes...hence him about to kill hong siu long but didnt because it might change the future...do i make sense? but yeah ying zheng did do some good in getting revenge for his mother....

I miss this series...20 episodes wasnt that long. i wish it was 5 more. but i like the time space in the series...not a lot was dragging on!
    Currently Watching:
    Good against Evil

Current Favs

I miss this series...20 episodes wasnt that long. i wish it was 5 more. but i like the time space in the series...not a lot was dragging on!
    yeah. 20 episodes was like too short for me. i finished this series in just 4 days n my mum was like "what? thats all?".
    what i like about this series is yeah..its not draggy like most ancient drama series n not over complicated like Blade Heart n other ancient taiwanese series with so many characters appearing every episode,each with a story of their own, that confuse people.