Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Heaven Sword and Dragon Sabre 1986 《倚天屠龍記》

Default Heaven Sword and Dragon Sabre 1986 《倚天屠龍記》

Hi everybody,

I'm looking for TVB series "Yi tian tu long ji" or "The New haven sword and dragon sabre" version 1986 (starring Tony Leung) with english subtitles.
    Do you know where I can get them? I like this series a lot!

Thanks
    Last edited by triumph2004; 01-10-09 at 02:58 PM.

I'm lookin for any of those TVB flics in English subtitles.....

The recent TVB DVD RENTALS all have english subtitles.
    Journey To The West

The Great Sun Wukong, the Monkey King!!!

Red face heaven sword dragon sabre question

so in the 1986 tvb version of Heaven Sword Dragon Sabre, the girl in yellow that saved the daughter of the begger clan, and also saves the godfather of the main character from the head of nga mi clan (women only clan), she says that she is of "than dieu hiep nu" or the couple from return of the condor heroes. but that in the timeline was 100 years before. could it be their grand children? or the tomb clan grew from 2 members to include more ?

anyone have a clue what i am even talking about?

in the ending roch, yang guo & dragon lady left and lived by themselves in their tomb right? hsds' setting is actually around 100 yrs later. so maybe yang guo and dragon lady had their child. i think the yellow girl must be their grandchild or great grandchild.
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Question Heaven sword dragon sabre 86

i posted a thread a few weeks ago about the girl in yellow that saves golden haired god father of the hero. she says something about the condor heroes Yang Guo and his wife co long (dragon girl). has anyone read the novel to know who this girl is? is she the dragon girl? or is she a descendent. there was a rumor that dragon girl is immortal?

Actually, in the condor hero trilogy, that yellow girl would be Yang Guo and Xio Liu Nu daughter! or tha grandaughter

But one thing is sure she is directly connected to Yang Guo And Xio Liu nu

Me, I heard that the girl in yellow was Xio Liu Nu's student. And if she is blood related to them then by her age she would be their grandaughter unless she can keep her looks like her mother.

Default Heaven Sword, Dragon Sabre - Tony Leung (co gai do long)

hey i`m watching this series, & yes i know its old. i tried finding threads. but i cant.. why? anyways, this is more like questions... & opinions.. & who ever else wants to share. i just want to know more cast names (for the review i`m writing, [on my site] in progress-- check it out, in the siggy), i even got pictures off the tv to help...

*excuse my spelling, if you could correct me if i`m wrong.

some of my questions.
    1. why was the kaiban, less powerful then in LOCH & ROCH? it seemed almost chicken..

2. the four guys, in minh yao. thu dai ho phap? it had, kim ma su duong (truong vo ky`s nghe-phu), bat me ung duong (truong vo ky`s grandfather), thanh nuoc phuc duong (vampire), and thu y long duong (<--- who is he?).. what were they & why were they important?

3. does kim hoa baba fall anywhere under there?^^

4. the 5 guys (wong chun, was one of them. playing chau dien) that were best friends in minh yao, who were they? (if thats available)

5. which version is most accurate to the book?

screen captures:
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/4593/cogaidoyv1.th.jpg') -- duong tieu & chiu chi nuoc;; during a confrontation.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/7996/cogaido2ls7.th.jpg') -- truong vo ky;; with broken leg, a-linh came with food.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/2057/cogaido4jt4.th.jpg') -- ung ya duong (truong vo ky`s uncle) & viet(?) su thai.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/3809/cogaido15hg9.th.jpg')-- minh yao;; as they are surrounded outside duong tieu's home.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/3165/cogaido10ow1.th.jpg')-- the 5 guys, i asked about saving vampire guy (; .. i wanna know their names... i have more close ups..

close ups; vampire guy ; i need his name. (; let see i saw him in, police academy? (canh sac moi ra chuong) ...

one of the 5 guys -- , saw him with barbara yung, michael miu (thien su ky mon; fearless duo)

name!!-- i see him everywhere, and because he`s always supporting casts. i dont know his name.....

opinions; okay. i didnt read the book, but i saw the 2003 version with alec suu, and alyssa. its hard to compare characters.. this one, ung toto & truong 5 hiep, their relationship seemed rushed. compared the other, where ung toto bit truong 5 hiep, and then tried to get along. (;

tony`s truong vo ky is better, my opinions.. it seemed i dunno.. cant explain, and i saw alec`s one first. too.. i think the way they planned alec`s hsds, was better. how he met the girls FiRST & then grew up know them. this one, only mentioned 3 of the four girls he met, compared to 03 he met trieu manh when he was kidnapped and brought to mongolia.

but.. i was surprised when i found kenneth tsang was kim ma suu duong.. even though he was really good, i keep seeing the other kim ma suu duong in my head, the one with his eyes rolled back... but i guess kenneth tsang, is better as huang duoc suu

i found the names; of the four main girls. (;
    trieu manh- kitty lai
    tieu chiu- maggie siu
    chiu chi nuoc- sheren tsang
    a-linh- carol yeung ling
    Last edited by lilviet_grl8o8; 12-02-06 at 04:35 PM.
    Always in search of great historical/costume dramas.
    Find me on MyDramaList ^_^

1. why was the kaiban, less powerful then in LOCH & ROCH? it seemed almost chicken..
    The guy in HSDS86 was really portrayed badly. The real Beggar leader fought against Cheng Kun and lasted a long while in the novel. He even injured Cheng Kun. It was not an easy victory for Cheng Kun (Golden Mane Lion King master) as it was portrayed in HSDS86.

I think the most famous Beggar Union leaders are Xiao Feng (from DGSD) and Hung 7 Gong (from LOCH&ROCH) and perhaps Huang Rong. Other then that, it was not really great. By the time of HSDS, Beggar Union was not as strong as it was back then.

2. the four guys, in minh yao. thu dai ho phap? it had, kim ma su duong (truong vo ky`s nghe-phu), bat me ung duong (truong vo ky`s grandfather), thanh nuoc phuc duong (vampire), and thu y long duong (<--- who is he?).. what were they & why were they important?
    The 4 Ming Cult Lords are Purple Robed Dragon King (it is a she, not a he), Golden Mane Lion King, White Browed Eagle King, and ___ ___ Bat King.

They are the 4 Ming Cult Lords. They are just an order of the Ming Cult.

3. does kim hoa baba fall anywhere under there?^^
    Yes, she is Purple Robed Dragon King.

4. the 5 guys (wong chun, was one of them. playing chau dien that were best friends in minh yao, who were they?
    They were another order of the Ming Cult. They have different positions from the 4 Lords, as obvious by their titles.

5. which version is most accurate to the book?
    Let me see here.
    There has been

HSDS78 TVB
    HSDS84 Taiwan
    HSDS86 TVB
    HSDS96 Taiwan
    HSDS00 TVB
    HSDS03 Mainland

Definitely not 2000 version!!! I think 1986 TVB was close to the novel.

i think the way they planned alec`s hsds, was better. how he met the girls FiRST & then grew up know them. this one, only mentioned 3 of the four girls he met, compared to 03 he met trieu manh when he was kidnapped and brought to mongolia.
    He never met Zhao Min at an early age. That was made up by producers.

oh i see thanks!!

really? kim hoa baba? is the purple robed dragon lady? hmmm, does that have anything do with the minh yao people, in the other place? middle-east?

Quote Originally Posted by Felix
    The guy in HSDS86 was really portrayed badly. The real Beggar leader fought against Cheng Kun and lasted a long while in the novel. He even injured Cheng Kun. It was not an easy victory for Cheng Kun (Golden Mane Lion King master) as it was portrayed in HSDS86.

I think the most famous Beggar Union leaders are Xiao Feng (from DGSD) and Hung 7 Gong (from LOCH&ROCH) and perhaps Huang Rong. Other then that, it was not really great. By the time of HSDS, Beggar Union was not as strong as it was back then.
    No, In HSDS86, The Beggar leader was fighting with Cheng Kun and he was actually overpowering Cheng Kun, if not for the other lackey of CK throwing a projectile giving CK an upperhand to kill the Beggar Leader.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by lilviet_grl8o8
    oh i see thanks!!

really? kim hoa baba? is the purple robed dragon lady? hmmm, does that have anything do with the minh yao people, in the other place? middle-east?
    You should really rewatch it, then you wouldn't have any questions. The other place is Persia.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    No, In HSDS86, The Beggar leader was fighting with Cheng Kun and he was actually overpowering Cheng Kun, if not for the other lackey of CK throwing a projectile giving CK an upperhand to kill the Beggar Leader.
    Hmm, oh really? It has been a while since I've seen it then. I thought all the lackey did was tricked the guy there. From what I recalled it was a butt whooping delivered by Cheng Kun. So the Beggar leader actually was winning?

oh i see thanks!!

Have you finished watching HSDS86? Or are you in the process? If you finish the series, you will find out all about Purple Robed Dragon King origins and her happenings.

Hmm, oh really? It has been a while since I've seen it then. I thought all the lackey did was tricked the guy there. From what I recalled it was a butt whooping delivered by Cheng Kun. So the Beggar leader actually was winning?
    Yeah,The Beggar Leader was getting the upperhand and Cheng Kun was retreating back. And so they killed him and replaced him with a fake.

i saw the 03 version, but she doesn`t wear purple.. that is what confuses me, she's one of the holy virgins or something (i remember that word, from luc tieu phung);; something happened to the persia minh yao, where their leader went missing... i forget. but the whole purple robe thing threw me off, because she wasnt wearing purple, and the white-browed dragon king, wore purple. haha OOPS.

yea, i have MONDO questions..

like in the version with alyssa, and alec.. why did ung to-to refer kiem ma suu duong [golden mane lion] as an "uncle" or "tuc?" was it something the producers threw in...?

& the guy that kidnapped truong vo ky (the mongolian guy) in 86` compared to the TWO guys (that had SUPER DUPER POWERS) in 03` version, & the two were also ZM/TM`s su-phu? (who were they, if there is a they)

& the monk that was in truong 3 phong`s childhood, that he followed around. WHO IS HE? (he had good kung fu, but was punished cause he lost important books) that man was forbidden to talk, and he would carry TONS of water up a well... (quach tuong knew him, from somewhere..) until one day, THEY met quach tuong (HR`s & KJ`s daughter)... and caused lots of havoc up on Tieu Lam, causing truong3phong to be kicked out..

Have you finished watching HSDS86? Or are you in the process? If you finish the series, you will find out all about Purple Robed Dragon King origins and her happenings.
    i`m not finished, in the process... but i saw the other HSDS there`s similar, but not quite. so i kind of predict what is going on...
    Last edited by lilviet_grl8o8; 12-02-06 at 04:39 PM.

i saw the 03 version, but she doesn`t wear purple.. that is what confuses me, she's one of the holy virgins or something; something happened to the persia minh yao, where their leader went missing...but the whole purple robe thing threw me off, because she wasnt wearing purple, and the white-browed dragon king, wore purple.
    What happened was she is the holy virgin of Persia Ming Cult. Her father, who I think is an ambassador for Ming Cult Persia died. He asked the leader of Ming Cult Central Plains (Yang Ding Tian) to take care of his daughter. YDT took her in as his foster daughter. If you need more info on her, just ask.

like in the version with alyssa, and alec.. why did ung to-to refer golden mane lion as an "uncle" or "tuc?" was it something the producers threw in...?
    Well, technically, it was accurate for Yan So So to call him uncle at that time. Purple Robed Dragon King, White Browed Eagle King, Golden Mane Lion King, and ___ ___ Bat King were very close to each other. They saw each other as brothers and sisters. So since Yan So So's father (White BRowed Eagle King) is technically Golden Mane Lion King "brother", she is a generation below Xie Xun, so therefore she calls him uncle. So no, that should be accurate.

Later on, they decide to call him "Big Brother". But upon seeing him for the first time, she would call him uncle.

& the guy that kidnapped truong vo ky (the mongolian guy) in 86` compared to the TWO guys (that had SUPER DUPER POWERS) in 03` version, & the two were also ZM/TM`s su-phu? (who were they, if there is a they)
    That guy who kidnapped Cheung Mo Kei is actually one of the two Yuan Ming Elders. That is what they are called. Later on in the HSDS86 series, you will see the guy's partner in crime. So for your understanding, that kidnapper in HSDS86 is one of the Super Duper Powers in 2003. Remember in 2003, Cheung Mo Kei was also kidnapped by one of the Super Duper Powers?

They work under the Yuan (Mongolian) government. So therefore, they obey Zhao Min's orders.

& the monk that was in truong 3 phong`s childhood, that he followed around. WHO IS HE? (he had good kung fu, but was punished cause he lost important books)
    He is Cheung 3 Fung "master". He does not have good kung fu. He only has a high internal energy. (As you know, or maybe not, he learned the complete 9 Yang like Cheung Mo Kei did.) Cheung 3 Fung unconsciously learned some martial arts during days of helping out his master taking care of the Shaolin books.

i`m not finished, in the process... but i saw the other HSDS there`s similar, but not quite. so i kind of predict what is going on...
    HSDS2003 is FAR from accurate! Stop refering to HSDS2003, its just messed up.

Do yourself and everyone a huge favor and just finish watching it and you'll understand. I mean it, just watch the entire 1986 adaptation and dont ask questions now.
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 12-02-06 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    HSDS2003 is FAR from accurate! Stop refering to HSDS2003, its just messed up.

Do yourself and everyone a huge favor and just finish watching it and you'll understand. I mean it, just watch the entire 1986 adaptation and dont ask questions now.

sorry!!! i didn't know. thanks for telling me though.. & thanks for clearing up the questions, especially about kim hoa baba.. i like her character.. she's so mysterious, and how tieu sieu (i cant spell, oh wells) is her daughter.. & chau-nhi (linh) is her student.. LOVE it. so since she was the daughter, it was rightful for her to rule.. (; i see.

i like how they actually show more backstories, though. like how linh's step-mom was cruel to her mom, causing her moms' deaths.

oh okay, the super-duper guys.. i get it now. i thought they were part of minh-yao because of their super powers.. anyways, thanks... i'll go watch more & ask more..