Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: A Dream Named Desire II

I'm watching it on Singapore's CH 8 right now. I'm interested to watch on more as each character does remind you of real HK celebs, even from the start when they were showing parts of the movie, "Hell Chances" etc. That's Infernal Affairs right?

I watched part 1, but I can't remember much about it except that Simon Yam was in that one. Anyway, is this drama new actually? When was it aired on ATV?

The story is meant to reflect the lives of famous stars and the details are based on both real events and selected rumours. It's worth a watch just to see how the various 'legends' are integrated, and the acting's good too. As for plot, it's not a sequel to the storyline of Dream I, it just carries on the theme of beautiful people and their lives.

It's good that Channel 8 is showing 2 episodes at once, AND that they changed the original Mandarin dubbing! I like the voice they used for Eric Suen's character, which is much closer to his own original voice (the previous Mandarin dub sounded too deep and woofy), but I don't like the voice they used for Monica Chan's character -- she sounds a bit spastic with this dub! Wish they had dual-sound anyway. The original Cantonese version with their real voices sounds so much better.
    Sir, more than kisses, letters mingle souls,
    For thus absent friends speak.
    ~John Donne

Quote Originally Posted by slow_jamz
    That's Infernal Affairs right?

I watched part 1, but I can't remember much about it except that Simon Yam was in that one. Anyway, is this drama new actually? When was it aired on ATV?
    Yep that's a 'reflection' of Infernal Affairs, so from it you can guess who's playing who.... This drama is quite new. It was filmed at the beginning of 2005, and aired on ATV in May in HK.
    ~John Donne

I watched about half an hour of the first episode but I guess I lost interest. The story just doesn't appeal to me (probably because it is a very nostalgic trip down memory lane so the pace is rather slow) although I generally like watching Monica Chan.
    Last edited by jade_frosts; 01-17-06 at 10:53 PM.

Banned

It's so boring.

Default Currently watching

I rented the series last evening and started watching disc 1. I like most of the cast in there, especially Raymond Wong. First saw him in Venture Against Time and thought he looked cool!

So far so good. I've always liked Alice Chan and besides, she does look like the late Anita Mui. The other cast members are all good actors/actresses so I am motivated to continue watching.

I'm currently at Alice Chan winning the singing competition. Not sure if she sang it herself. Was trying hard to listen if I do detect the late Anita's voice but I failed. I don't know who sang. But never mind. Alice carried it well.

anyone know where to get the theme song for a dream named desire 1 or 2??? and who sings the theme song?
    Last edited by fudge; 01-22-06 at 08:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by littlestream
    I'm currently at Alice Chan winning the singing competition. Not sure if she sang it herself. Was trying hard to listen if I do detect the late Anita's voice but I failed. I don't know who sang. But never mind. Alice carried it well.
    I don't think they used the late Anita Mui's songs at all because they have to avoid the 'copyright' issue... I believe they used the songs of some other singer from an earlier era? I'm not sure if that's Alice's voice either; it sounds a bit too... deep?
    ~John Donne

I am now at episode 14. Hmm.......kinda getting mixed feelings about the series.

Anyways, who's that "Tak Mi"? The guy in that leather jacket, who supposingly was Ng Tak Han's boyfriend? Who was he supposed to portray?

Quote Originally Posted by littlestream
    I am now at episode 14. Hmm.......kinda getting mixed feelings about the series.

Anyways, who's that "Tak Mi"? The guy in that leather jacket, who supposingly was Ng Tak Han's boyfriend? Who was he supposed to portray?
    He is supposed to be Alex To I think. He was Sandra Ng boyfriend before.

Exclamation

I've had this serie for months and I've had doubts to actally watch it. I've got feed backs that it wasn't as great. So it really made me think if It's actally worth to even see it for a little bit. So... does anybody know if It's a good one or not ? And is it a continue of the first one or totally different ?
    Last edited by TW1NKLE; 01-24-06 at 12:43 AM.
    ---------------------------------

It isn't a continuation of the first series because the storyline is entirely different. As many people have mentioned Dream of Desire II is inspired by the lives of some of Hong Kong's most established and famous showbiz personalities so if you like this kind of storyline, perhaps you should watch and judge for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by _P1Y0_
    He is supposed to be Alex To I think. He was Sandra Ng boyfriend before.
    Orh, okay, thanks P1Y0.

Default Legend (2) - Star's wishes

There's this serial now that is showing on Singapore TV called Legend 2/mei li de chuan shuo (I think) - star's wishes/xing Yuan. It seems to be chronicaling how Tony Leung, Andy Lau, Carina La, Sandra Ng, Stephen Chow journey in finding fame and story on their personal lives....I think its a pretty commendable show actually. The guy who acted as Andy Lau seemed to be a pretty popular actor in ATV. Anyone knows more info about him?

Seriously, no one saw this show??!! Not even Singaporeans??

never heard of this but it does sound very interesting. Do you have pictures or name of actors? how old was this?
    How come most 江湖 (jiānghú) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dàxiá) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

Here's another thread for this series.

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...8&page=1&pp=20
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Is the effiminate stylist the one Anita left all her money to in real life?
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

hey this show is on air in Malaysia right now right?? do u guys have any ideas how many episodes is this show and issit worth watchuing??
    "You don't marry someone you can live with - you marry the person who you cannot live without."
    All-Time Best Series- My Date With a Vampire 2
    All-Time Best Actress- Joey Meng

There are 30 episodes. As for whether or not it's worth watching, I'll leave it up to you to judge coz my opinion will definitely be biased. I think the acting by all the actors is very good.
    ~John Donne