Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: A Dream Named Desire II

reasons for why u said itis not worth watching???
    "You don't marry someone you can live with - you marry the person who you cannot live without."
    All-Time Best Series- My Date With a Vampire 2
    All-Time Best Actress- Joey Meng

Actually what I meant by my biased opinion is that I would definitely advocate watching this series. I would be biased though because I really like Eric Suen. I do think it's a credible show.
    Sir, more than kisses, letters mingle souls,
    For thus absent friends speak.
    ~John Donne

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry
    Seriously, no one saw this show??!! Not even Singaporeans??
    A Singaporean who has watched this show reporting for duty! Go check out the thread for "A Dream Named Desire II" though if you would like to contribute opinions about the show.
    ~John Donne

Thanks guys for steering me in the right direction

yes, acting based on what I have seen so far is good and there's incredible likeness bet the actors/actresses and the real life celebrities they are impersonating based on a combination of good acting, body movements and hairstyling, etc.

Thanks for posting those pics you guys Lol, makes me want to re-watch the serie again. Hehe, the artists were just so great in their protrayals! I espically enjoyed watching the bonds grow between the friends

Me too littlestream I just adore Raymond Wong! Didn't get to see him in Venture Against Time though, would you recommend it? I did see him in Light of Million Hopes and some of his movies. Just think he and Alice Chan make such a cute pair!!
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Quote Originally Posted by goddessofhonour
    Me too littlestream I just adore Raymond Wong! Didn't get to see him in Venture Against Time though, would you recommend it?
    I would recommend VAT because it's a very good series. But if you just want to see Alice/Raymond pairing, sorry, they didn't pair up in VAT. Raymond's character is also a playboy in that series. He has 4 women loving him through 3 different time period!!
    Alice, on the other hand, played 2 characters in the series. 1 paired up with Ben Wong another paired up with Darren Lim (Singapore actor).
    Last edited by kidd; 02-20-06 at 10:17 AM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Thanks Kidd for the info! I think if I get the chance, I will probably rent it. Lol, dissapointing to hear that Raymond and Alice don't pair at all, but it will still be nice to see them in a serie ^__^ Oh yes, have you heard of the serie "As You Wish" or something like that. I can't remember the title all of a sudden, but it is something along that lines. Raymond and Alice are also in it along with Kenny Lin, and etc. Just wondering if you have then comments! hehe.

Favorite scenes from the serie anyone? I liked anything that had to do with Raymond and Alice!
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Sorry goddessofhonour, never heard of this "As You Wish" series.

Thanks for posting those pics you guys Lol, makes me want to re-watch the serie again. Hehe, the artists were just so great in their protrayals! I espically enjoyed watching the bonds grow between the friends

Me too littlestream I just adore Raymond Wong! Didn't get to see him in Venture Against Time though, would you recommend it? I did see him in Light of Million Hopes and some of his movies. Just think he and Alice Chan make such a cute pair!!
    I think Raymond is one of the best looking ATV actors and he is a decent actor too!anyone knows more of his personal info?
    and alice Chan is so convincing in her portrayal of the late Anita Mui. its pretty incredible. anyone acted as leslie Cheung in this serial? btw, how recent is this show? and how is ATV doing these days? I personally feel that TVB is kind of in a doldrums so though ATV had always played second fiddle to TVB, they might be producing ok shows too nowadays when a comparison is made nowadays.

This show was filmed last year, ended production around May 2005. Leslie's character is actually 'Jesse', the one whom Alice had to persuade to act with her in "Snuff Box".
    ~John Donne

ok i am confused haha i only watch 1.5 episodes of the show up to now because of the catching up in TVB shows instead but since u all say it is so good i willtry to watch it
    "You don't marry someone you can live with - you marry the person who you cannot live without."

Oops, sorry, goddessofhonour. I was off sick for a while and only check in today. In fact had pink eye for over three weeks and laid off watching dramas for over a month now.

However, I am now 100% well and last weekend, rented some disc. But I didn't continue with this series though. I rented Central Affairs instead.

Yes, I definitely recommend VAT. Raymond acted well in it. In fact, so did all of the cast. I trust you will enjoy it! Have fun!

Banned

This series is surprisingly good .

I didnt get what it was about at 1st but it is very good now .

Alice Chan REALLY looks like anita and sounds like her too - great acting .

And very obvious that this is about that generation of HK stars , no matter what ATV says - I think its quite controversial but I like it , its refreshing .

Raymond is Andy , very obvious , flashes of LOCH 85 and IA were shown , could be no other than him .

Very interesting that anita loved andy - i didnt know that , doesnt seem her type .

who was supposed to be Maggie cheung mun yuk ? and who is alvina kong supposed to be .

and who is this xiao .... , that china girl supposed to be andy's ex . did this happen in real life ?

and where was leslie cheung's double , he must be there as he was anita's best friend

really fascinating , fell sorry for ATV they put interesting stuff like this but they still miles behind TVB .
    Last edited by rokko99; 03-28-06 at 01:14 PM.

"Maggie Cheung"'s supposed to be Cherrie Ying... Alvina's character is similar to Sandra Ng's. Leslie's double would be "Jesse"... not sure about Xiaoyu, but I think it's the rumoured girlfriend that Andy lost his virginity to...
    ~John Donne

Banned

lost his virginity to ? man , either he lost it really late or he was going out with her for a VERY long time .

what about this book she was threatening in the series anyway - is this true or just part of the series ?

I didnt know that Andy was such good friends with Anita , and the money she left behind must have been multi millions !

really sad , such a rich famous person was really so lonely and unhappy .

I gather she was not close to her family , because Ray said somehting like ' she does not have any real close relatives ' .

Hehe, no problem Kidd I will get the serie eventually, but first gotta remind my rental lady! ^___^

I agree with you strawberry Raymond really does have talent and I'll look forward to his future series. Hehe, he is quite dashing when he is wearing a tux don't you agree? I can't wait to see him in Central Affairs!!!

Hey littlestream Hehe, I'm glad to hear you are doing better now! Wow, 3 weeks of pink eye? That must have been horrible!! Lol, its amazing you survived without series for that long period of time! I would have been dead already

Oh, you didn't continue renting it? Shame on you!!! Lol, but at least you got Central Affairs!! I'm so jealous! I've been looking forward to seeing that serie! Hopefully it'll release out soon. Hehe, how is Raymond in it?

Enjoy the serie ice_brakerz!! I hope you'll enjoy it. I sure did Lol, might just re-watch it again. Or the ending. Lol, gotta find more tissues first though

I'm curious to know. How close was this serie to the "truth." Since I know ATV was focusing the storyline on the actual happenings, but still. Since a lot of things that happened, I never even knew about! Did ATV add a few things for series sake?
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

THe script's loosely based on the rumours of the entertainment circle of the '80s and '90s. Yes, they did add their own elements to spice things up! That's why Wang Jing (the producer) insists that it's an original script.
    ~John Donne

Wonder how Stephen Chow felt for being potrayed as such an overbearing person, unfaithful lover and bad friend.

hey u knwo what i am up to episode 10and i find it quite funny cause they can actaully make the names sound so alike but at the same time different

do u guys know what i mean