Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: A Dream Named Desire II

I guess unless people are familiar with the artistes or rumours of that era they may not make the associations. The names were deliberate... they kept one character of the original name and certain phonetic features of the other characters. This proves that it was effective: after all the producers and actors all denied the rumour that they were reflecting the original artistes.
    Sir, more than kisses, letters mingle souls,
    For thus absent friends speak.
    ~John Donne

Yeah, I thought that was quite interesting with the names. Believe it or not, but at times I got the character names and the actual artists' names mixed up. Lol, so similiar

Same here Kidd. After seeing the end of the serie I was wondering about Stephen's character as well. Espicaly how at the end they hint at him becoming a bit crazy.

I've read some news earlier that there will be a serie dedicated to the life of Anita Miu or something along that line and Alice Chan will be protraying the character. I think this would be a good choice since Alice does resemble her in some ways
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

hey i have started watching this series i just wanted to know whats the name of the uy thats acts as wai chai and the girl mandy i think they look really sweeet on screen

come to thinkof it i don't reallylikemonica
    "You don't marry someone you can live with - you marry the person who you cannot live without."
    All-Time Best Series- My Date With a Vampire 2
    All-Time Best Actress- Joey Meng

That's Eric Suen Yiu Wai and Cherrie Ying Cai'Er.
    ~John Donne

hey since i believe u have watch this series already can u plz rate it
    "You don't marry someone you can live with - you marry the person who you cannot live without."

hey btw can u guys tellme who they impersonate in the realworld especially those directors?

The four friends:

Eric Suen - Wai Chai - Tony Leung Chiu Wai
    Raymond Wong - Wah Chai - Andy Lau
    The one that becomes a comedian - Stephen Chau Sing Chi
    The one that becomes a director - Johnny To Kei Fung (the director who directed PTU, Throwdown, Running Out of Time, Needing You, Election, My Left Eye See Ghost etc)
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

the director uy u know whats his name in the series and is the ng tat han women impersoante lydia sum?

I don't know if this is the character you are asking for, but I think it was played by Alvina Kong Yun Yin and she was supposed to be Sandra Ng.

As for rating....I enjoyed the serie quite much. So my rating is somewhat bias, hehe But overall I think the serie is about a 3.5 or 4 on a scale of 1 to 5.
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

I don't know if this is the character you are asking for, but I think it was played by Alvina Kong Yun Yin and she was supposed to be Sandra Ng.
    haha i kinda figured it out when i saw her husband in the show

I wonder too whom the butch director YY refers too... the one that roomed with Alvina Kong's character?

I'll give the series about 4/5... only coz it didn't feature Eric as often as I would have liked!
    ~John Donne

I wonder too whom the butch director YY refers too... the one that roomed with Alvina Kong's character?

I'll give the series about 4/5... only coz it didn't feature Eric as often as I would have liked!
    haha again biasness........... well i kindafind this series quite refreshing and i really like the chemistry between mandy and wai chai..... they can actually act in another series and continue their relationship haha

Lol, its hard not to be bias! It all depends on your taste and what not. Hehe, but I'll agree that its refreshing. Its different from most other series produced, nice uniqueness to it.

I really liked the friendship among the 4 ladies, even though they had their differences and issues, it all turned out well and they were still friends till the end. The part where Alice was in the hospital and they all come to see her was quite sad. Everyone was basically crying! I really liked Eric's performance during that scene. Even though he was raelly the focus there, he had his moment where he let a tear fall
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Quote Originally Posted by ice_brakerz
    i really like the chemistry between mandy and wai chai..... they can actually act in another series and continue their relationship haha
    Oh dear, then Eric and Cherrie will have to fend off another round of the HK media trying to insist on their being a couple! They did look good together in the show, and I personally thought that their bf/gf scenes were quite natural. With the HK and Taiwan paparazzi trying to probe into his private life though, I doubt that Eric would agree just yet to co-starring with Cherrie in another series.
    ~John Donne

Oh dear, then Eric and Cherrie will have to fend off another round of the HK media trying to insist on their being a couple! They did look good together in the show, and I personally thought that their bf/gf scenes were quite natural. With the HK and Taiwan paparazzi trying to probe into his private life though, I doubt that Eric would agree just yet to co-starring with Cherrie in another series.
    haha but seriously bothof them look really good toghther i eas kinda wonderin if any body has any scenes of them togther i want tomake itmy wallpaper haha

and y wouldn't eric agree?

Eric's very protective of his private life coz he prefers to be low-key... and all along he and Cherrie have denied the speculations made by the paparazzi that they are a couple. Thus I don't think he'd want to spark off another round of the media tailing his every move just to procure photos that they like to call 'evidence' when they're actually making up stories about him.

On a lighter note, does anyone think Eric and Raymond should have switched roles? Not that the original casting was unsuitable, but I feel Eric looks more like Andy, especially the nose and cheekbones... and besides, his own performance life as a singer, songwriter and actor is closer to that of Andy's.
    ~John Donne

Eric's very protective of his private life coz he prefers to be low-key... and all along he and Cherrie have denied the speculations made by the paparazzi that they are a couple. Thus I don't think he'd want to spark off another round of the media tailing his every move just to procure photos that they like to call 'evidence' when they're actually making up stories about him.
    haha are u talking about real life or in the series i am so confused

On a lighter note, does anyone think Eric and Raymond should have switched roles? Not that the original casting was unsuitable, but I feel Eric looks more like Andy, especially the nose and cheekbones... and besides, his own performance life as a singer, songwriter and actor is closer to that of Andy's.
    whose raymond??? i think eric lookslike wai chai because of his cute dimple smile

hey i notuce that kylie is in the show as wah chai's girlfeind i mean dude who old is she?? shes dam mature in this series thats alli can say

LOL I'm referring to real-life Eric -- though come to think of it the scenario's quite similar as portrayed in the show!

Raymond's the guy taking on "Andy"'s role (should be Wah-chai to you). Not sure who Kylie is... is she "Xiaoyu"?
    ~John Donne

LOL I'm referring to real-life Eric -- though come to think of it the scenario's quite similar as portrayed in the show!

Raymond's the guy taking on "Andy"'s role (should be Wah-chai to you). Not sure who Kylie is... is she "Xiaoyu"?
    haha serious come to think of it the way they were so natural may actually mean that there is somethin behind it muahahahaha.....

kylie is the lateryounger girlfriend

Yeah their scenes were really natural. Eric's fans have mixed reactions regarding these rumours... personally I prefer him paired with Cherrie than with Carol Zheng (whom he had a relationship with after he filmed Princess Huaiyu). My favourite co-star should be Li Ting Yi though... he filmed a couple of MTVs with her as well as "Smart Boy Plays with the World", and if i'm not wrong, another movie too. They looked uber-cute together!
    ~John Donne