Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jang Dong Gun

Dong-gun’s charm lies in his sincerity rather than in his looks

[Sports Khan 2005-12-27 21:01]

Jang Dong-gun’s charm does not lie in his handsome face or his soulful eyes, but in his sincerity. Movie internet portal cine seoul conducted a polling to 2,665 netizens on ‘what is JDG’s charm?’ from 23 to 26 December. 1,068 netizens (40%) answered ‘sincerity of an actor who perseveres in his efforts’.

It was followed by ‘charismatic acting power’, the answer of 709 netizens (27%). As for his acting power, netizens picked his acting in ‘Taegukgi’ when he’s gone crazy as the best. JDG’s third charm is ‘good looking with distinct facial feature’ chosen by 562 netizens (21%). Also 326 netizens (12%) answered that they felt drawn to him because he’s ‘courteous and modest, in spite of being a world-wide star’.

JDG’s movie ‘Typhoon’ (directed by Kwak Kyung-taek) is also showing a ‘sincere’ box office result, took the 1st place at weekend box office chart for 2 weeks in a row. The movie in which JDG acts as pirate ‘Sin’, during Christmas weekend (24~25 December) gathered 210,000 viewers in Seoul and 770,000 viewers nation wide. It has attracted total of 3.25 million viewers nation wide. JDG’s movie relay will be continued to January next year. His movie ‘The Promise’ in which he acted with Hong Kong actress Cecilia Cheung is released at the end of January.

Meanwhile, according to Korea Broadcasting Advertising Corporation’s ‘2005 consumer behavior survey’ report, JDG was the best male model, followed by Rain and Eric Shinhwa.

Won Bin grateful to JDG
    Won bin is going to enlist into military service in Chuncheon 102 recruitment center on 29 November. In a press interview Won Bin conveyed his special gratitude to JDG

“I learned a lot from Dong-gun hyung during filming ‘Taegukgi’. We’re both quiet person, but we sat and talked (to each other) a lot. Even after the filming ended, he always concerned about me, gave me encouragement. I’m very grateful to senior.”

Mr President, please send JDG to Mexico

Korean wave is blowing even in Mexico where President Roh Moo-hyun is currently on a state visit.

Hallyu or Korean wave landed at Mexica and become hot since the MBC drama “All About Eve” was broadcasted at a local TV station in October 2002. All About Eve has been aired 5 times in Mexico and JDG’s Mexican Fans Club has been formed since then.

On 10th September afternoon (Korean time 11th Sept morning), a group of “demonstrators” appeared in front of the hotel where President Roh was staying. They held up giant sized posters of hallyu star JDG and banners with Korean words that read “Jang Dong Gun Oppa please come to Mexico.”. They are actually members of JDG Mexican Fans Club who were appealing to President Roh to get JDG to visit Mexico.

Hallyu star baseball team popularity, smashing!

The hallyu stars Kim Seung-woo, Jang Dong-gun and Jung Woo-sung, together with Japan and Asia stars are in the preparation to have friendly baseball game; the confirmation of the game gets people’s attentions.

Recently hallyu star baseball team “Playboys” with the team owner Kim Seung-woo and the managers Jang Dong-gun and Jung Woo-sung, are receiving goodwill game proposals. Kim Seung-woo said, “The news about the team reached to various baseball society members, we received friendly game proposals from overseas famous baseball teams”

Among the teams that proposed for friendly games are Japanese professional baseball club Yomiuri Giant and Taiwanese professional baseball team. The confirmation of the game gets attentions from Asian countries

Even only a goodwill game, it’s predicted that with 30 members of the “dream team” which includes captain Gong Hyung-jin and hottest top stars such as Jo In-sung, Ji Jin-hee, Hwang Jung-min and Gong Yoo, the game would become topic of discussions.

Kim Seung-woo said, “Team members aim is to play against various teams, we look at teams that would become our opponent”. Gong Hyung-jin explained, “We plan to officially form the team in the mid of September, after that we plan to have the real goodwill game”

News on some interesting polls
    Poll No.1:” If magic can work for you, which man would you like to catch alive?”

In conjunction with the release of the movie “Bewitched” in Korea on 26th, the movie distribution company conducted a poll from 16th to 21st on its advance ticket sales site with the question :” If magic can work for you, which man would you like to catch alive?”.

Poll result as follows:

No.1 - Daniel Henney , Korean-American TV drama star who became popular with the hit TV drama “My Name is Kim Sam-soon”, with 1085 votes from a total of 3612 netizens who participated in the poll.

No.2 – Hyun Bin, a new actor who became popular after the popular TV drama “ My Name is Kim Sam-soon”, (903 votes, 25%)
    No. 3 – Jang Dong Gun (855 votes, 24%)
    No.4 – Won Bin (393 votes, 11%),
    No.5 – Kang Dong Won (375 votes, 10%)

Answers given by the netizens on why they voted for Daniel Henney are :
    - he is sexy with his mixed oriental-western looks;
    - he is warm and gentle
    - if they have children with him, the children don’t have to take special English education

----------------------------------------------------------------

Poll No.2: "Don’t let your lover see a handsome man or sexy woman friend!"

A Korean internet site(www.xy.co.kr) conducted a poll on ““ Which entertainer you would not want to show to your lover as friend?”. A total of 184 men and 258 women took part in the poll.
    Poll results:

Men
    No.1 - handsome JDG ( 37%)
    No.2 - rich Jung Jun Ho (25%)

Women
    No.1 - sexy Lee Hyo Ri (40%)
    No.2 - beautiful Jun Ji Hyun (30%)
    No.3 - innocent Song Hye Kyo (21%)

Best Looking Faces selected by plastic surgeons in Kangnam

The Best 10 of Handsome men:
    1. Jang Dong-Kun
    2. Won Bin
    3. Brian (Fly to the Sky)
    4. Jung Woo-Sung
    5. So Ji-Sub
    6. Song Seung-Hun
    7. Min Kyung-Hoon
    8. Hyun Bin
    9. Bae Yong-Joon
    10. Kang Dong-Won

The plastic surgeons described JDK’s face as a perfectly proportioned face.

The Best 10 of Beautiful women:
    1. Kim Hee-Seon
    2. Lee Young-Ae
    3. Kim Tae-Hee
    4. Han Ga-In
    5. Lee Na-Young
    6. Jeon Ji-Hyun
    7. Song Hye-Kyo
    8. Koo Hye-Seon
    9. Lee Mi-Yeon
    10. Lee Eun-Joo

Russian Ambassador to Korea: “Movie Taegukgi is very impressive”

The newly appointed Russian Ambassador to Korea, Glev A. Ivashendsov

August 19, 2005 at CNC News Radar: Interview with Glev A. Ivashendsov, Russian ambassador to Korea. The ambassador was talking about various subjects, but only the “important” subject is posted here.

Min Kyung-joong - reporter:
    I remember A Russian proverb that says: “There is time for every thing”, I’m sorry for raising very hard questions… I heard that you are very interested in film arts. I’d like to know what is the most interesting part in Korean movie cultures?

Ambassador Ivashendsov:
    I think the movies are worth-seeing if the movies are well made and the actors perform well. Among Korean movies that I watched, the movie about 6.25 war Taegukgi, was very impressive. I think it was an epoch-making movie. Also the acting of Jang Dong-gun and other Korean lead actors were superb. If there’s a chance, I would like to see more Korean movies.

JDG made 2 donations in March

Mid-March, JDG and a few other Korean stars attended the 'Power Korea' concert and he donated all the fees he received from the event (undisclosed amount) to the Red Cross and received a message of gratitude from them.

News Source: jangdonggun.net

End-March, JDG was in Indonesia for the premier of Typhoon and was received like a visiting states man. He was also very touched by the warm reception he got from the fans. He said "I like warm countries, but the hospitality of the Indonesians made me feel even 'warmer'." Although the stay was very short, JDG still managed to do a good deed. To help boost education in the local Korean community, he donated USD 10 000 to the Jakarta Korean International School. This is the first time the school received a donation from a star (entertainer).

The most popular actors for the first half of 2006: Jang Dong-gun and Jeon Ji-hyun

[Yonhap News, 2006-04-18 19:40]

[Seoul, Yonhap News, Kang Jong-hoon reporter]

Jang Dong-gun and Jeon Ji-hyun were selected as the most popular male and female actors recently. In singer section, Rain and Lee Hyo-lee and in comedian section Yoo Jae-suk and Jo Hye-ryun took the 1st places.

Lee’s PR and Research Limited conducted survey on the popularity of entertainers from March 25th to 31st to 1335 people, male and female from 15 to 65 years old, in 5 big cities nationwide.

In male actor category, Jang Dong-gun with 17.2% of total votes took the 1st place; retained his position at last year’s second half, followed by Kwon Sang-woo (5.4%), Lee Jun-ki (4.4%), Ahn Sung-ki (4.3%), and Bae Yong-joon (3.6%).

Complete list of top 10 for male actor category:
    1. Jang Dong-gun (17.2%)
    2. Kwon Sang-woo (5.4%)
    3. Lee Jun-ki (4.4%)
    4. Ahn Sung-ki (4.3%)
    5. Bae Yong-joon (3.6%)
    6. Won Bin
    7. Cha Seung-won
    8. Jung Woo-sung
    9. Jo In-sung
    10. Choi Boo-ram

Female actor category:
    1. Jeon Ji-hyun (9.2%)
    2. Lee Young-ae (7.4%)
    3. Moon Geun-yeong (5.6%)
    4. Kim Ha-neul (4.8%)
    5. Kim Tae-hee (4.5%)
    6. Song Yoon-ah
    7. Yoon Eun-hye
    8. Song Hye-kyo
    9. Kim Hye-soo
    10. Chae Si-ra

Male Singer category:
    1. Rain (19.0%)
    2. Kim Joong-gook (6.6%)
    3. Tae Jin-a (4.4%)
    4. Dong Ban Shin Ki (3.8%)
    5. SG Wannabe (3.8%)
    6. Hyun Chul
    7. Jo Yong-pil
    8. Fly to the Sky
    9. Yoon Do-hyun
    10. Lee Seung-ki

Female Singer category:
    1. Lee Hyo-lee (15.6%)
    2. Lee Soo-yung (13.8%)
    3. Chae Yeon (8.1%)
    4. BoA (6.8%)
    5. Jang Yoon-jung (6.8%)
    6. Hyun Sook
    7. Ku Mi
    8. Lee Mi-ja
    9. Lee Sun-hee
    10. Jang Na-ra.

The most suitable star for CF model
    The result of survey on “the most suitable star for TV advertisement model” conducted by Brand38 research institute to 1,235 residents of Seoul, male and female above 15 years old, from 2 to 8 March 2006 (6 days):

1. Lee Hyo-ri, 3.97%
    2. Jeon Ji-hyun, 3.89%
    3. Jang Dong-gun, 3.65%
    4. Lee Jun-ki, 3.56%
    5. Yoo Jae-suk, 3.24% (comedian)
    6. Park Ji-sung, 2.91% (soccer player)
    7. Kim Tae-hee, 2.51%
    8. Lee Young-ae, 1.70%
    9. Rain and Song Hye-kyo (tied), 1.94%

It’s interesting that 1st to 4th places are occupied by Giordano CF current and former models

From other news:

Source: http://news.naver.com

Stars of advertisement world

The advertisement model preference of Korean consumers towards hallyu stars inclined to be slack. JDG who’s rising to be a global star with ‘Typhoon’ and ‘The Promise’ made the exception, taking 3rd place together with Rain (9th place) and Kwon Sang-woo (27th place) kept the reputation of hallyu stars. Kim Hee-sun was at 61st place and ‘Yon-sama’ Bae Yong-joon was out of the top 100 list.

Jo Dong Hyuk (JDH) “My dream is to become like actor Jang Dong Gun”

“Don’t you think it's super?” Through the eyes, one can be ever so tender and kind and from it, one can also express such evilness that it makes you tremble. To have such charisma / aura like actor JDG is my dream.”

Jo Dong Hyuk (29) who gained popularity with MBC dramas “Young-jae's Period” and “Lovers” replied firmly that he wants to be like actor JDG after being asked which type of actor he wished to become. JDH will be appearing in the KBS2TV drama “Beauty and the Beast” on Monday’s and Tuesday’s as a hotel consultant who speaks 3 languages and will act opposite Ahn Jae Wook.

He indicated that “I wish to become an actor who is able to transform completely into the character that I play. When senior JDG first debuted, he was labeled as a ‘handsome guy’ but now his name is synonymous with charismatic. I wish to be able to become an actor who is able to challenge myself.” JDH who has previously mentioned that he wish to play a bad guy who is ‘evil to the core’ will have the audience take notice of his progress as he continues to grow in the industry.

Lee Jun Ki dreams to become an actor like JDG
    « on: Apr 13th, 2006, 1:28pm »
    Lee Jun-ki, who now has become a star, is nervous when he meets celebrities. Before meeting JDG and Lee Hyo-ri with whom he did Giordano CF together, he was worried “how will I really stand in line with people like them?”

Especially JDG, for Lee Jun-ki, JDG is the personification of ‘dream’. He said, “I’m really a fan of Donggun-hyung. I was really happy to meet him and have a nice talk with him. Donggun-hyung gave me his phone number. We are going to have a drink together.” The really happy Lee Jun-ki was all smiles

Jang Dong-gun, if conversant in English, would have no problem to become a world star

[Yonhap News, 2006-02-02 09:55]

Asian star Jang Dong-gun, who acted as Kunlun in ‘The Promise’, was selected as the best actor that if conversant in English would have no problem to become a world star.

In the polling conducted at the website of English educational company Neungyule (CEO Lee Chan-seung) www.tomatotoeic.com on ‘film actor that if conversant in English could be the leading actor even in foreign countries’ with 674 poll participants, Jang Dong-gun passed Lee Young-ae, Sol Kyung-gu and Choi Min-shik, received 28% of votes to hold the 1st place.

Jang Dong-gun received wide supports from teens to 50s as the actor with biggest potential and the most expected to become a world star. Netizens praised JDG’s acting ability, appearance and charisma, especially his appearance that would be well accepted all over the world.

Jang Dong-gun was followed by Lee Young-ae of ‘Sympathy for Lady Vengeance’, Sol Kyung-gu of ‘Lost in Love’, Choi Min-shik of ‘Old Boy’ and Hwang Jung-min of ‘You Are My Sunshine’, each received 9.3%, 8.4%, 7.4%, and 6% to hold no 2, 3, 4 and 5 positions respectively.

Among female actors, Lee Young-ae held the 1st place, followed by Moon So-ri, Jeon Ji-hyun, Jeon Do-yeon and Kang Hye-jung. Lee Young-ae who showed her English-speaking ability in JSA, was analyzed by netizens as having oriental beauty and mystique that could appeal international market. Lee jun-ki who’s recently getting popular through ‘The King and the Clown’ was the third most voted by female teens.

Neungyule planned to give a present to JDG who came at the 1st place its English conversation program ‘Ten English Club‘.

From above figure:
    1. Jang Dong-gun, 29%
    2. Lee Young-ae, 8%
    3. Sol Kyung-gu, 7%
    4. Choi Min-shik, 6%
    5. Hwang Jung-min, 5%
    6. Cho Seung-woo, 4%
    7. Kim Soo-ro, 4%
    8. Moon So-ri, 4%
    9. Jeon Ji-hyun, 4%
    10. Lee Jun-ki, 3%
    11. Others, 20%

Kwon Sang-woo “I want to surpass Jang Dong-gun”

“My target is Jang Dong-gun!”

Recently Kwon Sang-woo revealed, “I frankly wish to follow senior JDG’s steps. I’m working on my acting with determination to surpass senior JDG someday”. Then he said, “To me senior JDG is like a big mountain that I must overtake. Reaching this target is my motivation for acting (well)”.

JDG who acted in all time no 1 Korean Box Office movie ‘Taegukgi’ is aiming to make another box-office legend with upcoming ‘Typhoon’ that is released on 15 December. He is not only a box-office actor, but also has built fixed image as an actor with good acting ability that endeavors to do unusual acting transformations.

Therefore Kwon Sang-woo regards JDG, who has both box-office power and acting ability as a positive competitor. Kwon Sang-woo set to counter-fire with tough male image to compete against JDG, through ‘Running wild’ that is released on 13 January 2006.

Kwon Sang-woo said, “I think it would be a good competition if ‘Running Wild’ could be released on 15 December as initially planned. We miss the competition as consequence of delaying the release because of production schedule. However we are not avoiding it because we are scared.”

]Moon Geun-young regards JANG DONG GUN as her goal

The star of “My Little Bride” Moon Geun Young held a press conference at the shooting location of her new movie “Innocent Steps” 2 days ago. When asked which actor is her goal, this 18 year old young girl replied : “ Before this, I have never taken anybody as my goal, but now I have, he is Jang Dong Gun. ” She said she admires JDG a lot who has won the best actor award in the Blue Dragon for his role in Taegukgi. “JDG is always moving forward steadfastly and diligently, very admirable, I want to be like him, so dedicated”.

“Innocent Steps” is a touching story about a Korean girl living in China who became a great dancer upon her return to Korea.

JANG DONG GUN in Korean Entertainers' X-File

Source : www.groonet.com and DG Teahouse
    Translated from Korean into Chinese by Xianyuner of DG Teahouse

Over the past few days, a document that contained the evaluation of top Korean entertainers (dubbed Korean Entertainers’ X-File) that has been circulating on the internet has rocked the Korean entertainment world as it involved invasion of privacy. Though the report contains a lot of unconfirmed negative news, there are a few stars who got good review because of their good image and were highly praised by the netizens who had read the report. The most representative of these stars is JDG.

The report rate the entertainers under different categories of “Present Position”, “Prospects”, “Attractions/Talents” and “ Self-management “ and maximum score for each category is 5 . JDG scored 4.5 and better in all the categories, once again proving his position as the top star.

Under the category of “Prospects”, JDG got this comment “As an actor, his prospect is very bright and he is one of the most anticipated actor ”.

Under Attractions/Talents category, he got the highest score for star quality, acting ability and dedication to profession. The comment was “ his acting ability has reached a stable stage and it is unlikely that that one or two flops in his work will shaken his status. Japan’s response towards him is very positive and he is expected to maintain his high popularity as Hanllyu Star in the next 4 –5 years.”

Under “Self Management”, JDG is regarded as a kind person with excellent character. He got very high score in this category. On the part of scandals/rumors which caused such an uproar, comment about JDG was “ no scandal or negative rumor, a real star quality in all aspects”

Another entertainer who got very good review in the X-files is Moon Geun Young, scoring 4 or better in most categories. Others such as Anh Jae Wook, Rain, Ji-Jin Hee also got good review in individual categories. One thing in common among the stars who got good review in this report is they have no scandals or any negative rumors about them.

Even though these entertainers got good reviews, the fact that they were rated like commercial products without their knowledge is something very unpleasant.

JDG is No 2 Most Influential Actor in Korea
    Sol kyung-gu, director Kang Woo-suk and Lee byung-hoon PD were selected by movie magazine “Screen” as the most influential actor, director and drama producer.

The ranking that was announced this time, used different method from the usual netizens poll or movie people questionnaire, it used a composition and analysis method. Against each person the overview of influence in various weighted aspects were evaluated.

Actor’s box office record (T.V program rating included), result of local and international film festival, overseas reputation (Korean wave and Hollywood), CF power and guarantee level, play or fragmentary film festival, activity from other field such as music video and social contributions were included in point calculation.

Production activities of professional actors during 5 years, from 2000 to 2004, excluded retired actors, were evaluated. Full details of 100 actors, 50 directors and 50 drama and survey standard could be checked in March edition, the 21st anniversary commemoration of this magazine.

Actors
    1. Sol Kyung-gu (Silmido, Rikidozan, Oasis)
    2. Jang Dong-gun (Taegukgi, Friend)
    3. Song Kang-ho (Memories of Murder, JSA)
    4. Lee Byung-hyun
    5. Won Bin
    6. Lee young-ae
    7. Choi Min-shik
    8. Bae Young-joon
    9. Kwon Sang-woo
    10. Jeon Ji-hyun
    11. Cha Seung-won
    12. Kim Jung-eun
    13. Ha Ji won
    14. Park shin-yang
    15. Cha Tae-hyun
    16. Jeon Do-yeon
    17. Jung Woo-sung
    18. Son Ye-jin
    19. Song Hae-gyo
    20. Kim Ha-neul

Director
    1. Kang Woo-suk (Silmido, Public Enemy)
    2. Park Chan-wook (Old Boy, JSA)
    3. Kang Je-gyu (Taegukgi, Shiri)
    4. Lee Chang-dong (Oasis, Pepermint Candy)
    5. Kim ki-duk (the coast guard, 3 Iron, Samaria)
    6. Kim Sang-jin
    7. Kwak Kyung-taek (Friend, Champion)
    8. Kim Ji-oon
    9. Im Kwon-taek (Chun Yang)
    10. Bong Joon-ho

Drama Production Director
    1. Lee Byung-hoon (Dae Jang Geum, Ho Joon, Sang Doo)
    2. Lee Jin-suk (All About Eve, Alcohol Land)
    3. Lee Kwan-hee
    4. Lee Jang-soo
    5. Jung Eul-yung
    6. Yoon Suk-ho

Quote Originally Posted by h3artl3ss_
    he's so hot in this picture..
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v302/wings-of-love/8187584730351l.jpg')

woah is that him. He looks quite good.

it is true that he's half british?
    anyway, i really liked most of his movies and series especially all about eve and brotherhood of war.