Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jang Dong Gun

Default Jang Dong Gun

hi: just wondering what year was 'medical brothers' made and was 'all about eve' jang dong gun's last tv series? just watched 'all about eve' again and fell in love with jang dong gun all over again! lol.

does anyone know if he will be filming new tv series and also: why did he stop working in tv after 'all about eve'? i read somewhere that he doesnt like to be seen as 'romantic and sweet'....maybe thats why he's shied away from tv?

I think Medical Brothers was made in 1997. I think he stop doing TV, because he is a big movie star now.

i think he's focusing in making movies now. much like andy lau and tony leung who are now into the movie line of industry. yes i believe all abt eve was his last tv series
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

you know what i think???? i think he sooo handsome!!!!!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v513/ruffluv/aae2.bmp')

Stuck in a place between Heaven and Hell!

Yes, his last tv series was AAE !

I read somewhere that he might do a tv series next year, so keep your finger cross !
    Cheers!!!!!!

yeah.. I agree that he is so hot in AAE.. after watching that movie, I fell in love with him straight away!!

he's so hot in this picture..
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v302/wings-of-love/8187584730351l.jpg')

He is my absolute favorite!!!! He's a very versatile actor and recently won the Korea Blue Dragon Award, I guess like the oscars in America. He is so skinny right now because he had to lose weight for a movie, and sporting a long reggae hairstyle which I am extremely tempted to cut off. hehe..

http://chinese.chosun.com/site/data/...220000201z.jpg

http://chinese.chosun.com/site/data/...20000202z2.jpg

Although I wished he was still making drama series, he is now a movie star, and one of the top paying actors of Korea. By the way, those are recent pics for the Giordiano ads along with Jeon Ji-Hyun and another of my favorite Jung Woo Sung.
    bye for now.
    Last edited by Just Mary; 03-02-05 at 04:10 PM.

does he have a new series? i think he casts with choi ji woo and song yun ah?
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

heheh ..i start to love JDG from AAE !! he's soo handsome there...i also think he and chae rim have a great chemitry there ( well yea..i ONLY love chae rima dn JDG pair up ..no one else ..hehe). but guess like they never going pair up again in any series .

i think jang dong gun looks a lot better when you're watching him in a series. somehow, he's not that photogenic. just my opinion
    cherrie

He's definately terrific in "AAE" .. how can you not fall in love w/ a perfect character like that?

I recently saw him in a viet-translated series called "Nhung Ngay Tuoi Tre" (Have no idea what the English title is...but if translated, it would be "Youthful Days")
    Haven't heard much about this series tho..any comments on it?
    I wasn't too fond of this series since I saw "AAE" just before it...since my heart was still on "AAE"
    **Currently Watching**
    -Lovers (Korea)
    -Maiden Wai Xai (Taiwan)
    -Air City (Korea)

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkly_Chic
    He's definately terrific in "AAE" .. how can you not fall in love w/ a perfect character like that?

I recently saw him in a viet-translated series called "Nhung Ngay Tuoi Tre" (Have no idea what the English title is...but if translated, it would be "Youthful Days")
    Haven't heard much about this series tho..any comments on it?
    I wasn't too fond of this series since I saw "AAE" just before it...since my heart was still on "AAE"
    Yeah.....I watched it a long time ago. Its was alright but I don't like the ending. The main actress is Kim Hyun Ju from "Glass Slipper". This series is older than AAE and like you, I watched it after I watched AEE. So AEE will always be my favourite of series that he starred!

All the series he in were made before "All About Eve". Another good series of his is "Model", again this series is made before AAE.
    Cheers!!!!!!

Came to find out the English title for that series is "Springtime"
    Wasn't too fond of the plot of the story...and the main actress...and I felt that JDG lacked the charisma and confidence that he displayed in AAE. Haven't gotten around to the ending yet...but didn't the main actress died at the end? Saw clips of JDG walking alone on the beach at the end....looks very sad
    **Currently Watching**
    -Lovers (Korea)
    -Maiden Wai Xai (Taiwan)
    -Air City (Korea)

medical doctors is not bad too
    cherrie

Quote Originally Posted by cherrie
    i think jang dong gun looks a lot better when you're watching him in a series. somehow, he's not that photogenic. just my opinion

really????if i'm not mistaken he is well known in korea as one of the most photogenic actors.....but i gotta agree that he's very photogenic.....that's why i have nearly 1000 pics of him in my collection......and believe me....they are all very droolworthy...

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkly_Chic
    Came to find out the English title for that series is "Springtime"
    Wasn't too fond of the plot of the story...and the main actress...and I felt that JDG lacked the charisma and confidence that he displayed in AAE. Haven't gotten around to the ending yet...but didn't the main actress died at the end? Saw clips of JDG walking alone on the beach at the end....looks very sad

in springtime, he acted as an ordinary and a bit childish young man.....that's why it seems that he lacked a bit of charisma there....but that shows how versatile of an actor he is......overall i like springtime a lot, bcoz he's very cute n funny there.....

he reminds me of a young Chow Yun-Fat somehow especially in "Taegukgi".
    i can't wait to see him in an upcoming Chinese movie directed by Chen Kaige and co-starring Cecilia Cheung.

oh what's that chinese movie?!?! the title i mean
    cherrie

Quote Originally Posted by cherrie
    oh what's that chinese movie?!?! the title i mean
    Its called "The Promise" ! Here's some news about him learning mandarin and doing the dubbing for this movie:. "The Promise"

Ohhh....I'm looking forward to watching him and listing to him speak mandarin !
    Last edited by Fallen Angel; 03-18-05 at 02:03 AM.
    Cheers!!!!!!

oh tnx for the link! jdg plays a slave?! i wonder why he seems to be fond of taking roles that require him to be greasy....but i will definitely watch this anyway!
    cherrie