Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Sentimental Swordsman, Ruthless Sword Ch. 63 Onwards (Little Li Flying Dagger)

I'm guessing it was Sun Xiaohong, old man Sun's granddaughter...

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    Thanks everyone! I'm trying to finish this as fast as possible. Maybe afterwards I'm considering either translating the sequel to this story, "Bordertown Wanderer", or finish "Sword of the Third Master".

patricia_n, you're gonna be quite happy with the next update! Hopefully done pretty soon ...
    If you do Bordertown wanderer I'll be forever indebted to you!!!

I'll start the Bliss Fan Club!!!!

I always liked Fu Hongxue.

Bliss, thank you so much!

Yes not only the updates are quick the translation is very nice too! It is a joy to read this novel.

I hope that Lu Xun Huan would not resort to be with that witch. I hope Sun will arrive and produce a solution to this dilemna.
    How can Ah Fei forgive LXH if he does that? But how can LXH find and save Ah Fei if he does not?
    It is a very difficult decision indeed.

Also Gu Lung's words are so true sometimes. The part in which he says that "only a person who lived it can understand" we have a saying for that in my country, it goes like "the fire will burn where it falls" .

Bliss you make so many people happy, I hope this happiness comes back to you

Default Chapter 71 - A Battle of Wits

Chapter 71 - A Battle of Wits

The lantern hanging from the awning of the noodle stand had already been stained black by candle smoke.

Under the dim light stood a person with big eyes and long pigtails.

"Miss Sun!" Li XunHuan exclaimed.

"I've always hated seeing women being hit by men. But this time, I'm rather happy seeing such a thing." Sun XiaoHong said.

"I'm happy too, I enjoy being hit by him." Lin XianEr said.

She hung onto Li XunHuan's arm and said with a smile, "If you're jealous, you can come over and have a cup of wine with us. Alcohol can relieve jealousy."

Sun XiaoHong really walked over. She poured wine into Li XunHuan's cup and finished it in a single gulp.

She stuck out her tongue, knitted her brow and said with a smile, "Although cheap wine is really indistinguishable from good wine if you drink a lot, the first gulp is really hard to swallow."

Lin XianEr smiled and replied, "The next time Miss Sun visits our house, we'll treat her to the best wine we have!"

She smiled at Li XunHuan and asked, "Isn't that correct?"

Before Li XunHuan could answer, Sun XiaoHong said, "Your smile is really beautiful. Even though I'm a woman, I just can't help but keep staring."

Lin XianEr laughed and said, "Little girl, you're not a woman yet. You're still just a little child."

"You might as well laugh it up now, because very soon you won't be able to laught at all." Sun XiaoHong said.

"Hmm?" Lin XianEr said.

"Because there is no way that he will promise anything to you." Sun XiaoHong said.

"Hmm?" Lin XianEr said.

"Because anything that you are capable of, I can do the same." Sun XiaoHong said.

Lin XianEr laughed and said, "And what can you do? Little children will be little children. Even though they don't understand anything, they act like they know it all."

Lin XianEr giggled as she continued, "There are some things that you can do as long as you're a woman, but whether you do it well or not depends on the person ... do you understand what I mean?"

Sun XiaoHong blushed slightly, bit her lips and said, "What I can do is take him to Ah Fei."

"You know where he is?" Lin XianEr said.

"Of course, and I know how to save Ah Fei as well" Sun XiaoHong said.

"Hmm?" Lin XianEr said.

"In order to save him, there's only one way." Sun XiaoHong said.

"And what is that?" Lin XianEr said.

"By killing you! In order to save him, then we have to kill you. As long as you no longer exist in this world, then he will be freed from his pain and suffering." Sun XiaoHong replied.

Li XunHuan drank down another cup of wine, let out a big laugh and said, "Well said!"

Lin XianEr let out a sigh and said, "I can't believe you're the same as Ah Fei. Don't you know that the words that come out of most women's mouths can't be trusted? You really believe that she can bring you to find Ah Fei?"

"Even all the men who lie in this world raise women who are honest." Li XunHuan said.

"That's right. Don't think that all the women in this world are like you." Sun XiaoHong said.

"Fine, then let me ask you. Where is Ah Fei right now?" Lin XianEr asked.

"He is with my grandfather right now. My grandfather has already taken him away from ShangGuan JinHong's hands." Sun XiaoHong said.

Lin XianEr laughed and looked at Li XunHuan and said, "And you believe this sort of lie? Who in the world could possibly rescue Ah Fei out of ShangGuan JinHong's hands?"

Li XunHuan smiled and said, "In this world, there is only one. And that is her grandfather, the Venerable Mr. Sun."

Lin XianEr's expression changed, and said, "Fine, if that's the case, then I want to come along and see for myself."

"That can't be done! He doesn't want to see you." Sun XiaoHong said.

"And anyway, we have no reason to let you live anymore." Sun XiaoHong added coldly.

"You want me to die?" Lin XianEr said.

"You should have been dead a long time ago." Sun XiaoHong said.

"But have you thought about who could ever bear to kill me?" Lin XianEr said.

"You think I can't find someone who will kill you?" Sun XiaoHong said.

"In this world, there's only one man who could bear to kill me. But even he wouldn't dare make a move." Lin XianEr said.

Her eyes moved to Li XunHuan and said, "Because he knows that if he does kill me, Ah Fei will still hate him."

"You seem to have forgotten that I'm neither a man nor do I care whether Ah Fei hates me or not." Sun XiaoHong said.

Lin XianEr burst into laughter and said, "Little girl, don't tell me that this is going to be the location of a duel, and that you want to challenge me?"

"You're totally correct." Sun XiaoHong said. "You can choose the place, but I will choose the time."

"And when did you have in mind?" Lin XianEr said.

"Right now." Sun XiaoHong replied.

Men aren't the only ones who have duels, sometimes women have duels as well.

But do women duel in the same manner that men do?

"I've chosen a time, now you choose a place." Sun XiaoHong said.

Lin XianEr seemed to think for a while and said, "No need to select the place, right here is fine, except ..."

"Except for what?" Sun XiaoHong said.

"How will we compete in this duel?" Lin XianEr said.

"A duel is a duel, how many other ways are there?" Sun XiaoHong said.

"Of course there are many, there are scholarly duels, martial duels, weapon duels, lightness duels, poison duels, and so forth. And since we are women, the way in which we duel should be a little more refined and elegant." Lin XianEr said.

"Then how do you propose that we duel?" Sun XiaoHong said.

"You want me to decide how we duel as well?" Lin XianEr said.

"She might suggest a poison duel." Li XunHuan suddenly said.

Sun XiaoHong smiled at him and said, "A poison duel is not a problem, my seventh uncle is a master at using poison. His abilities are definitely not below that of the Five-Poisons Child. Except that he only uses poison to save people, never to kill people."

"If he is able to use poison to save people, then his skills must be miraculous. Because using poison to cure people is definitely much harder than using it to kill." Lin XianEr said.

Lin XianEr let out a sigh and said, "It looks like I really can't compete with you in using poison."

"Choose whatever you want." Sun XiaoHong said.

Since she seemed that confident in her skills, Li XunHuan didn't say another word. A student of the Venerable Mr. Sun's martial arts, he really wanted to witness her skills.

Lin XianEr looked over at Li XunHuan, then said, "In front of master like Li TanHua, it'll be pointless for us to compete in martial arts. We'd only be making fools out of ourselves."

"Then what do you suggest?" Sun XiaoHong said.

"Since we are women, then we should compete as women do." Lin XianEr said.

"There is a special way in which women compete?" Sun XiaoHong said.

"Of course." Lin XianEr said.

"What is it." Sun XiaoHong said.

"Men will always be physically stronger than women, but there are certain things women are much more capable in, that most men would struggle to do at all."

"Such as?" Sun XiaoHong said.

"For example, having babies ..." Lin XianEr said.

"Having babies?" Sun XiaoHong said.

"Correct, having babies is every woman's specialty. It is also every woman's glory. Women who are incapable of giving birth are looked down upon by everyone, don't you agree?" Lin XianEr said.

Sun XiaoHong blushed again and said, "Don't tell me ... "

"We can compete to see who can have more babies, and who is faster." Lin XianEr said.

"You're crazy! How can we compete in such a way?" Sun XiaoHong shouted.

"Who says we can't? You're not able to have babies or something?" Lin XianEr said.

Sun XiaoHong's entire face was red now. She could neither admit or deny it.

"If you think that this will take too long, then we can think of something else." Lin XianEr said.

"Of course we should compete in something else." Sun XiaoHong said.

"There is something that all men are willing to do, that even the most able women would be hesitant in doing." Lin XianEr said.

She let out a laugh and continued, "Since you don't want to compete in something in which all women can do, then how about we compete that only a few women dare to do?"

"Let me hear what it is first." Sun XiaoHong said.

"We can take off our clothes ... it'll be a contest to see who can strip entirely naked first. If I lose to you, I'll willingly give you my head." Lin XianEr said.

They were in a night market. Although the people here usually didn't bother with other people's business, if there were two women taking off their clothes here, they would definitely not be able to keep away even if they wanted to.

Sun XiaoHong, her face entirely red, bit her lips and said, "No wonder even the smartest men are afraid to gamble with women. Because of women like you that always find a way to weasel out of losing."

"Taking advantage of men is every woman's right. Any woman who can't take advantage of men is either very stupid or very ugly." Lin XianEr said.

"I'm not a man," Sun XiaoHong said.

"And I never tried to take advantage of you. You're the one who said that I could choose how we competed." Lin XianEr.

"But how would I have known that you would choose such shameless things?" Sun XiaoHong said.

"Then you can only blame yourself. If you wanted to kill me, then why didn't you just attack? Who told you to have such a big mouth and suggest dueling this and competing that." Lin XianEr said.

Lin XianEr laughed and continued, "But it's not your fault, I've rarely met any women who didn't have big mouths."

So it turns dueling is much better suited for men.

Because duels are settled with fists not words. The more one talks, the lower one's confidence and competitiveness drops.

Whenever you see two people about to fight get into a shouting match before hand, most likely that fight will never happen.

But there is a saying that gentlemen fight with their words and not their hands.

The autumn wind is blowing, the evening sun setting in the west. Two women stand facing each other not saying a single word, waiting for some decision to be made concerning life and death.

Who had ever seen a setting such as this?

No one would have even heard of such a thing.

"Women will be women."

Although men and women are equal, there are some things in this world which women will never do.

And when women try to do these things anyway, it will always be in vain.

"Women will be women."

No one can ever understand them.

The smile on Lin XianEr's face was extremely cute and sweet.

Seeing the smile on her face, Li XunHuan suddenly thought of Blue Scorpion.

Although Blue Scorpion was somewhat looked down upon as a woman, there still was something extraordinary about her character.

He suddenly felt that it was a pity that Blue Scorpion had died.

Sun XiaoHong's blushed red face suddenly turned green.

"We've set the time, place, and method for this duel. So whether you want to go ahead is all up to you." Lin XianEr said.

Sun XiaoHong shook her head.

"Since you don't want to duel, then I'm going to leave." Lin XianEr said.

"Just leave then." Sun XiaoHong said.

She sighed and added, "Just blame it on your bad luck."

"Do you mean your bad luck? Or my bad luck?" Lin XianEr said.

"Yours." Sun XiaoHong said.

Lin XianEr couldn't help but ask, "Why is my luck bad?"

"Although the words coming out of my mouth are vicious, if I actually had to attack I don't think I would be as vicious. I never really intended on killing you, maybe just injuring you slightly to teach you a lesson." Sun XiaoHong said.

Lin XianEr said, "Then don't you mean my luck is rather good then?"

"If I had injured you, and another person came to kill you, then there's no way that I would let them, correct?" Sun XiaoHong said.

She laughed and continued, "But if someone came to kill you now, then I wouldn't care a single bit."

Before she was even finished, Lin XianEr had turned around.

In certain situations, Lin XianEr's reaction time is not slower than Li XunHuan or Ah Fei.

She looked all around her and in every direction and in every dark corner.

But she didn't see anyone.

Sun XiaoHong grabbed Li XunHuan's hand and said, "Let's go, I don't like watching people get killed."

"You're saying someone is here to kill me?" Lin XianEr said.

"Did I ever say that?" Sun XiaoHong said.

"Where is the person, did you see them?" Lin XianEr said.

Sun XiaoHong didn't respond to her.

Lin XianEr was starting to panic now and said, "I don't see anyone here at all."

"Of course you don't see anyone. Once you see someone, it'll already be too late." Sun XiaoHong said coldly.

"If I can't see them, then how come you can?" Lin XianEr said.

"Because the person they want to kill isn't me." Sun XiaoHong replied.

She smiled and continued, "Of course they wouldn't want to see you if they were trying to kill you. Because once they see you, they won't be able to kill you."

"Who ... who are they?" Lin XianEr asked.

"How should I know who is after you? You should know better than I do." Sun XiaoHong.

Lin XianEr was still glancing around her in all four directions, her eyes starting to panic with fear.

She rarely felt any fear.

Because she always felt confident that she could convince any person trying to kill her to do
    otherwise.

But now she couldn't see her assailant, and her assailant didn't want to see her. Her only weapon had been taken away.

"Don't tell me even you can't think of who is trying to kill you? Is it because that there are way too many people who want you dead?" Sun XiaoHong said.

Lin XianEr was in disarray and started wiping away her sweat.

Her every action and her every movement was always seductive and enticing.

But the way she was wiping her sweat right now looked very silly.

When you try to frighten someone, the best way is to let them invoke fear in themselves. That way, without even moving a finger, you can scare them out of their minds.

Li XunHuan looked at Sun XiaoHong and almost couldn't hold in his laughter.

He suddenly realized that Sun XiaoHong was no longer a child. In every respect, she was now a mature woman.

Only a mature woman can deal with another mature woman.

A battle of wits ... indeed !

18 more chapters to go.

Yeah! Go me! hehe

awesome. i love ms. sun. she certainly is worthy of the male lead.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Thanks everyone! I'm trying to finish this as fast as possible. Maybe afterwards I'm considering either translating the sequel to this story, "Bordertown Wanderer", or finish "Sword of the Third Master".

patricia_n, you're gonna be quite happy with the next update! Hopefully done pretty soon ...
    I give you my total vote to translate "Sword of the Third Master" or if you change mind I suggest you translate the sequel to XSYL. I already finish reading Becky new book for the first one and she doesn't have any plan to translate the second book.

Thanks for the quick and interesting translation!

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

Sun XiaoHong is qiute amazing, finally someone other then Li Xunhuan who can handle lin xian'er. Ah Fei should switch over too her. wonder if that will happen in the story.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

I just realized that after translating 9 chapters there have been a total of ZERO fight scenes ... heheh. Gu Long is indeed the master of hype as I haven't even noticed the lack of action.

I just realized that after translating 9 chapters there have been a total of ZERO fight scenes ... heheh. Gu Long is indeed the master of hype as I haven't even noticed the lack of action.
    He did send those 2 chopsticks into the Ximen guy. By GL standards thats a 'fight'.

Thumbs up sequel of flying dagger

dear bliss,

thank you so much for continue the translation
    I would vote for the sequel of flying dagger

Thumbs up

Hi Bliss, I have been reading this forum for quite a while without saying a thing.
    I just want to say thankyou to people like you that has an initiative to continue the translation.
    You know how addictive this can be.
    I bet there are more people like me out there that read this but don't say anything.
    An Empty Drum makes the loudest noise

Quote Originally Posted by Kwee Ching
    Hi Bliss, I have been reading this forum for quite a while without saying a thing.
    I just want to say thankyou to people like you that has an initiative to continue the translation.
    You know how addictive this can be.
    I bet there are more people like me out there that read this but don't say anything.
    I'm sure there are plenty of people who don't say anything because if everyone did, then this thread will just be full of posts thanking the translators. With that, I have no problems with people reminding the translators how appreciative we are by saying thanks.
    So thanks Bliss, for the wonderful translation. And also Meh, for having done so much already.

Default Chapter 72 - Human Nature is Neither Good nor Evil

Chapter 72 - Human Nature is Neither Good nor Evil

Although neither of them had raised a single finger, Lin XianEr and Sun XiaoHong had already went through two exchanges.

This was a battle of wits, not a battle of brawn.

Lin XianEr had won the first exchange.

Because she understood the weaknesses of women and she knew how to take advantage of them as well.

In the second exchange, Sun XiaoHong was the victor.

She won because of the very same reason.

She knew that women are always suspicious, and suspicious of everything.

Because this suspicion exists, fear will come to be.

If Sun XiaoHong was a man, she would have just killed Lin XianEr.

If Lin XianEr was a man, despite anything that Sun XiaoHong said, she would have left a long time ago.

It is because the two of them are women that the situation had come to where it was at now.

When men and women attempt to do the same thing, no matter what it is, their methods will always be different, and the results will always be different.

The same case applies to duels.

When women duel, it will never be as heavy, intense, or exciting as when men duel. But compared to men, their duels are far more subtle, complex, and interesting.

Because there are bound to be many surprises and variations.

The changes and variations in their duels are not like those in martial arts. In fact, compared to martial arts, they happen much faster and are much more complicated.

It is a pity that their variations cannot be seen by the naked eye.

If someone could actually see the subtle and complex variations in a women's mind, they would realize that duels among women are much more interesting than duels among men.

Women will be women, they will always be different than men.

Anyone who denies this is a fool.

The idea is not only logical but simple as well.

The strange thing is, there are still people in this world who don't comprehend this.

Sun XiaoHong pulled Li XunHuan ahead.

Lin XianEr followed them from behind.

"We're going our way, you go yours, why are you following us for?" Sun XiaoHong said.

"I ... I want to go see Ah Fei too." Lin XianEr said.

"What do you still want to see him for? You still haven't hurt him enough?" Sun XiaoHong said.

"I just want to ... " Lin XianEr said.

"We won't let you see him, it's pointless for you to come." Sun XiaoHong said.

"I'll look at him from afar, whether he is willing to see me or not is up to him." Lin XianEr said.

"The decision is yours, if you are really set on following us, there's nothing we can do. Except ... since you chose to follow us, just don't regret it later." Sun XiaoHong said coldly.

"I never regret anything I do." Lin XianEr said.

Sun XiaoHong suddenly laughed and said, "Look, didn't I tell you that she would follow us, my guesses were exeactly correct."

This was directed at Li XunHuan.

"You wanted her to follow us all along." Li XunHuan said with a smile.

"Of course." Sun XiaoHong said.

"Why?" Li XunHuan said.

"I didn't have a way to deal with her before, all I can do is to wait for another chance. If she doesn't follow along with us, how will I have that chance?" Sun XiaoHong said.

"You didn't have to wait, you should have just attacked her before. No matter what she said you could've ignored her." Li XunHuan said.

"Men have a saying, 'A promise is worth thousands in gold', you think women can just break promises like they pass gas?" Sun XiaoHong said.

"But how did you know that she would follow us?" Li XunHuan said.

"Because she wants our protection. She knows that by following Li TanHua, no matter who it is that wants to kill her would have to think twice." Sun XiaoHong said.

Sun XiaoHong smiled and continued, "This is what they call, 'A fox pretending to be a tiger', or another way of saying it is 'dogs hiding behind humans'."

"None of those two phrases sound very pleasant." Li XunHuan said.

"If you chose to do something like this, no matter how bad it sounds, all you can do is listen." Sun XiaoHong said.

Obviously Lin XianEr heard everything they said.

Sun XiaoHong purposely ler her hear them.

But Lin XianEr pretended to not have heard anything at all. She didn't say anything either.

It was as if she suddenly went deaf and dumb.

Pretending to be deaf and dumb is definitely not an easy thing to do.

Sun XiaoHong suddenly changed the subject and said, "Do you know about what happened between Long Xiao4Yun and ShangGuan JinHong?"

"I've heard about it ... you and your grandfather came because of that incident." Li XunHuan said.

"Right, because we knew that we would be able to see a lot of people there." Sun XiaoHong said.

She turned to look at Li XunHuan and said, "But most importantly, I knew that you would show up."

Li XunHuan looked back at her. He suddenly felt a warmth in his heart, like he had just drank a cup of wine.

He had never felt this way in a very long time.

Sun XiaoHong felt like she was in paradise knowing that Li XunHuan was staring back into her eyes.

After a while, Li XunHuan said, "If it weren't for you and you grandfather, I might've already ..."

She cut him off and said, "ShangGuan JinHong would've ended up inside that casket."

Li XunHuan let out a laugh and didn't continue on.

He knew that sooner or later he would have to face ShangGuan JinHong, but he didn't like to talk about it.

He didn't like to think about it too much, because if he did, he'd have worries, if he had worries, he'd be distracted, and his chances of winning would be very slim.

"When dealing with people like ShangGuan JinHong, there's no need to be concerned with honor. If you had attacked him when he saw ShangGuan Fei's corpse, then you definitely could have killed him." Sun XiaoHong said.

"Not definitely." Li XunHuan said.

"No? You don't think that he'd be distracted by seeing his own dead son?" Sun XiaoHong said.

"Blood is thicker than water. ShangGuan JinHong definitely still has a shred of humanity in him." Li XunHuan said.

"Then why didn't you make a move? You should know that he won't necessarily repay your honor and fairness." Sun XiaoHong said.

"Him and I already can't coexist in this world, of course there's no need for honor between the two of us." Li XunHuan said.

"Then you ..." Sun XiaoHong said.

Li XunHuan interrupted her with a laugh, "I didn't attack because I was still waiting for the right opportunity."

"I think that was the best opportunity that you could ever want." Sun XiaoHong said.

"You're wrong." Li XunHuan said.

"Huh?" Sun XiaoHong said.

"Even though seeing your own son dead can be a great distraction, you will still feel a surge of incredible sadness and anger. If I had attacked, he would have released all that anger and sadness on me!" Li XUnHuan said.

He sighed and continued, "When someone is in deep sadness, not only will their strength be greater than normal, their courage will be greater than normal as well. If ShangGuan JinHong would've struck at me then, I don't have confidence at all that I could have blocked his attack."

Sun XiaoHong smiled at him and said, "So you're not as honorable as I had thought. You can even be quite schemy."

Li XunHuan smiled and said, "If I really was as noble and honorable as everyone thinks, I would've died at least eighty times already."

"If ShangGuan JinHong knew of your intentions back then, he would've regretted drinking that cup of wine with you." Sun XiaoHong said.

"He would never regret it." Li XunHuan said.

"Why?" Sun XiaoHong said.

"Because he understood my intentions perfectly well." Li XunHuan said.

"Then why did he still drink to you?" Sun XiaoHong said.

"He drank to me not because of honor or fairness, in his eyes honorable and just people are idiots." Li XunHuan said.

"Then what was his reason?" Sun XiaoHong said.

"Because he understood my intentions, he knew that I wasn't an idiot." Li XunHuan said.

"He knew that you were like him, in that you could wait, wait for the right chance, and wait for the perfect opportune moment. That's why he drank to you?" Sun XiaoHong said.

"Yes." Li XunHuan said.

"He felt that you two were the same kind of people, so he admired you. We admire most the people who resemble ourselves, because deep down inside, we admire ourselves the most." Sun XiaoHong said.

"Very well said. I'm amazed that you can understand something like this at your age." Li XunHuan said.

"But are you and him really the same kind of person?" Sun XiaoHong said.

"In certain ways, yes we are. Its because we grew up in different environments, and we encountered different people and events, that we ended up as two different people." Li XunHuan said.

He sighed and continued, "Some people say that human nature is good, others say that human nature is evil. I say that we aren't born good nor evil. Who we are and whether we are good or evil depends only on what we do in our lives."

"It looks like you not only understand others very well, you understand yourself very well also." Sun XiaoHong said.

"To fully understand oneself is not an easy thing to do at all." Li XunHuan said.

His expression turned slightly gloomy and a glimmer of pain and sadness filled his eyes.

Sun XiaoHong sighed and said, "If someone wants to truly understand themself, they must first go through a lot of sadness and suffering, don't they?"

"That is correct." Li XunHuan said.

"If that is the case, then I don't ever want to understand myself. The more I understand myself, the more pain I'd have to go through. If I didn't understand myself at all, then I'd be the happiest." Sun XiaoHong said.

This time Li XunHuan was the one who changed the subject.

"When ShangGuan JinHong toasted to me, you and your grandfather were still around?" Li XunHuan asked.

"No we had already left. I heard about it from other people." Sun XiaoHong said.

She smiled and continued, "You and ShangGuan JinHong are incredibly famous people now. Your every move and action is considered big news. In this city alone, I bet there are about a hundred thousand people discussing you right now, would you believe me?"

"This is why I admire your grandfather. His actions are like drifting clouds and his thoughts are like flowing water. He is free to do whatever he wishes and never has any worries to burden him. This type of person is truly incredible." Li XunHuan said.

"He really can see past everything." Sun XiaoHong said.

She changed the subject again and asked, "Do you know who sent that casket?"

"I can't really guess who it is." Li XunHuan said.

"Do you think it was the same person who killed ShangGuan Fei?" Sun XiaoHong asked.

She was aware of who had killed ShangGuan Fei.

But Lin XianEr had no idea who this person was. She kept quiet the entire time but was attentively listening to their conversation, hoping that one of them would say the killer's name.

"It is probably the same person, because only a few people knew where ShangGuan Fei's corpse was buried." Li XunHuan said.

"Why do you think that person did this for ... ?" Sun XiaoHong said.

"Because that person wants to scare ShangGuan JinHong." Li XunHuan said.

"That person hates ShangGuan JinHong too?" Sun XiaoHong said.

Li XunHuan fell silent for a while, then said, "It's possible that the person doesn't hate ShangGuan JinHong. The person probably only did so to come to ShangGuan JinHong's aid after he has fallen."

"I don't understand, if the person wants to help ShangGuan JinHong, why scare him in the first place?" Sun XiaoHong said.

"Or it could be that the person wants ShangGuan JinHong to regret his decision." Li XunHuan said.

Sun XiaoHong sighed and said, "People's motivations are harder to comprehend than anything else in this world."

"Right. People's minds and human nature are the two most complicated things in this world, much more complicated than even the most powerful martial arts." Li XunHuan said.

He suddenly added, "But if you don't understand human nature, you can never reach the pinnacle of martial arts. Because everything is related to human nature in one way or another, even martial arts."

These wise words were far too deep for Sun XiaoHong to really grasp.

It wasn't clear whether she understood much of what he said, but she was quiet for some time, before finally saying, "I don't care if I can't understand anything at all, I only want to understand you."

Her eyes were stuck on him. In her eyes were not only the looks of appreciation but also trust and faith, as if trying to tell him that he was the only person she could ever open her heart to.

Li XunHuan suddenly felt his heart swell up with warmth again. He couldn't resist reaching out to caress her adorable face.

But of course he didn't do such a thing.

He just couldn't.

He slowly turned his head away, and started coughing lightly.

Sun XiaoHong was staring at him, waiting for a reply, but slowly seemed to lose the look of hope in her eyes. She said, "But it seems like you're scared of letting anyone understand you, so you're constantly trying to prevent it from happening."

"Scared? Scared of what?" Li XunHuan said.

"Scared of having someone else fall in love with you." Sun XiaoHong said. "Because anyone who truly understood you would not be able to help but fall in love with you. You would rather someone hate you than fall in love with you, isn't that right?"

"The times have really changed. Young girls back then would never say the word 'love'." Li XunHuan said with a laugh.

"And perhaps young girls now don't either. But I don't care what time period I was born into, whether its several hundred years ago or whatever. If I feel something in my heart, I won't restrain myself from saying it with my mouth." Sun XiaoHong said.

No matter what time period, there will always be people just like her.

These people aren't afraid to speak, to act, to love, and to hate.

Maybe because they are ahead of their time that everyone else thinks of them as a little bit crazy and a little bit strange.

But they would never be bothered by it at all. No matter what anyone thinks of them, they would never take it to heart.

It is a foggy night.

Although it is still Winter, the foggy mist makes it look like Spring.

Sun XiaoHong hoped that this foggy path would never end.

Li XunHuan was originally very anxious to see Ah Fei, but now it didn't seem as urgent.

These couple of years his mood had become very heavy, as if there were invisible shackles locking down on him, such that he couldn't even breathe.

It was only the several days that he was with Sun XiaoHong that he felt at ease.

He began to realize that she really understood him, much more than he could ever imagine.

To be able to spend time with someone who truly understands you, these are definitely the times in our lives that we treasure the most.

But Li XunHuan already wanted to run away.

"You would rather someone hate you than fall in love with you, isn't that right?"

Li XunHuan's heart started to ache.

It wasn't that he would rather not, it was that he simply could not.

Everyone has their own emotional barriers. No one can help them get over it except themselves.

Such is the case for Li XunHuan. And such is the case for Ah Fei.

Will those emotional barriers stay up forever? Will they carry those painful memories forver even into the grave?

Sun XiaoHong suddenly stopped waling and said, "We are here."

The road let to the middle of nowhere. There was a small hut at the side of the road. Lantern light shown through a small window from the inside.

The light that shown through was exceptionally brilliant. Such a small house normally would never have such bright lanterns.

Sun XiaoHong turned to Lin XianEr and said, "You recognize this place, right?"

Of course she recognized this house, this was her and Ah Fei's 'home'.

She bit her lip, nodded her head, and walked timidly down the road.

"Ah Fei has returned here?" Lin XianEr said.

"Do you still want to go inside and see him?" Sun XiaoHong said.

"Can ... can I go in?" Lin XianEr said.

"This was your house, if you wanted to go in, you don't need to ask anyone." Sun XiaoHong said.

Lin XianEr lowered her head and said, "But now ..."

"But now of course its not the same. You should know yourself whose fault it is that things are as they are now." Sun XiaoHong smiled coldly and continued, "You could have lived a peaceful and happy life here, but you weren't willing. This home wasn't good enough for you, and that person wasn't good enough for you."

Lin XianEr hung her head and said, "I know now that I was wrong. The only reason I was able to survive was because he protected me for so long. If it weren't for him I would've been killed long ago."

"Do you think he will still protect you like before?" Sun XiaoHong said coldly.

Lin XianEr started tearing, and said, "I don't know, I wouldn't blame him ..."

She raised her head and said boldly, "I only want to see him and say two things and then I'll leave. This isn't too much too ask, can you two promise me this?"

"It's not that I don't want to promise you, its just that your words are very hard to trust." Sun XiaoHong said.

"If I don't leave after my two sentences, you can chase me away." Lin XianEr said.

Sun XiaoHong fell silent, then looked At Li XunHuan.

Li XunHuan had been standing quietly the whole time, with not a single expression on his face.

But his mind was in total disarray.

His biggest weakness was that he was always too forgiving. Although sometimes he is certain that he shouldn't give in, he can't help but feel sympathetic inside.

A lot of people know of this weakness. And a lot of people take advantage of him because of this weakness.

He even knows this himself, but for some reason he can't change.

Even if someone wrongs him ten thousand times, he is still unwilling to do even one wrong thing back. Sometimes he even knows that a person is deceiving him, yet he still lets himself be deceived.

Because he believes that if just once, someone is truthful to him, then his sacrifice will be worth it.

Li XunHuan is that kind of a person. You can call him a true gentleman, or you can call him an idiot. At the very least you have to admit that he is one of a kind.

At the very least, you should realize that he never has had any regrets.

He rarely causes people to sweat, and rarely causes people to bleed. He would rather the sweat and blood be his own.

But the things he does always causes people to shed tears.

They are tears of admiration and tears of gratitude.

Sun XiaoHong sighed on the inside.

She knew that he couldn't bear to turn her down. He has probably never turned down anyone before in his life.

"This is the last time I'll ever see him. If he finds out that you two won't even let me see him one last time, he'll hate you for the rest of his life." Lin XianEr said.

Sun XiaoHong bit down on her lips and said, "You're only going to say two sentences to him? Once you're down you'll leave immediately?"

"Would I really overstay my welcome? Would I really want you two to chase me out? Please just promise me this and I can die without any regrets." Lin XianEr said with a smile.

Li XunHuan suddenly sighed and said, "Just let her in, two sentences can't harm him."

how wrong is Li XunHuan. two sentences from lin xianer can definitely kill ah fei...argh. i love ms. sun. she's so cool and mature for her age! thanks for the update bliss.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

I should have known that Li Xun Huan is not the conventional honorable wuxia hero (the ones I like most), he has lots of complications in his character. I still like him for his forgiving and accomodating nature though!

The thing Ms.Sun did, the ease she declares her feelings, is not something I would/could do, she is very confident and open, it would make things easier if more people are like her.

LXH, LXH, he's such a tragic hero. What a fallacy it is for you to always give chances again and again TT

Ah well, somehow I'm still gripped by this story.

hiiiiiiii i am a new member here and i want to thank bliss and meh for providing us with such a wonderful translation, i have been reading many translation for a while and this is my first post here