Thread: ROCH English subtitles

Lightbulb ROCH English subtitles

Hi all,

First, just wanna say hello to everybody here! I'm new here. What a nice community!

Secondly, I wonder if anyone is interested to have a subtitle for ROCH in english? From what I know, there aren’t any english subtitles for ROCH out there, and many people thereby can't enjoy this wonderful serie. Correct me if I’m wrong.

After seeing the splendid work offered by Noodles, I wonder if I also could do something similar for the fans of ROCH. Let me hear yours opinions. I'm not saying that i'm gonna start, just wondering if I SHOULD start...hehe. I actually don't have that much free time, but I guess I could collect one minute here and there when my exam period is over ......So you all are free to encourage me to do this. hehe

Hey there! Thank's for the offer, but I have a few questions. Do you mean you are going to translate the ROCH series the movie? Are you going to sub it and put it in internet for download or are you just going to translate what the actors/actresses are saying? Please kindly enlighten me.

I would be very much interested in seeing such a thing happen.
    If you do become (vaguely) serious about getting involved in such a project, let mer know. I'll help with the distro, and will probably get a couple of folks to help with the typesetting and timing (maybe).

I'd be very very interested in seeing a project like this come to life.

that be a great idea! What Return of Condor Heroes are you planning to sub though? There's the 83,95,99, and a new one they're filming right now. Are you gonna use vobsub? Also, I recently found a copy of the '99 series..with english sub! =p If anyone's interested, I can make it a torrent or something.

A group "Swordsman Fansub" has subbed 13 eps of ROCH 95 http://www.geocities.com/mumumoo/projects.html

mind you they've taken over 4 years to do 13 eps though.

At this moment over at http://www.d-addicts.com someone is posting ROCH 98 (Singapore version), all of it, with really good English subtitles. It just started in case anyone is interested.

Rob

Hey, thank's a lot ultrarob for the information. But when I check the website it does not look like singapore version??? I understand the Xiao Long Niu in singapore version is Fann Wong, but this is different actress. I am not sure...Anyway, thank's for the information.

there are currently two ROCH being seeded. One is the Taiwan Version w/ Richie. The other is the Singapore one w/ Fann Wong.

The offical VCDs from Singapore do have english subtitles on ROCH 1998.
    Journey To The West

The Great Sun Wukong, the Monkey King!!!

After I posted the notice here, someone started to indeed seed the Taiwanese version of ROCH (with no English subs, but Maylay subs I believe), but the Singapore one is there and now being posted in batch torrents to speed things up. The guy posting them is posting them really fast, so anyone who wants them will need to move quick to get them.

Rob