View Poll Results: Which hero is more romantically sentimental?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yeung Gor

18 56.25%
  • Lee Chum Foon

14 43.75%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which hero is more romantically sentimental?

no doubt is yg romantic but the thread is asking about senitmentalism and i'm not saying yg ain't sentimental at all i'm just saying that LCF just was more sentimentialisic than yg. even though LCF in his heart he loved Lin shiyin he believed that he could live without her love (to some extent he did if u include drinking and carving for ten years) however his friend was ill due to lovesickness and LCF believed that his friend would die if he couldn't get her love. even if it was a noble and brotherly act it is more sentimental because he knew he could still live on but his friend couldn't in his view.

not trying to disrespect YG as i i do believe that he loved xln more than his life but sentimenatlism goes to LCF in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Yeung Gor
    I think it's harder to stay in love with someone you can't see for 16 yrs than someone who's still around and u can see her if you really wanted it, even if it's from a distance. If you ever had a broken heart, you would realize that your feelings for your ex would linger on longer if she's around than if she not around.

Look at it this way, there is no doubt YG would still be deeply in love with SLN if he can NEVER have her. But he'll never give SLN up regardless of any reason, that's what makes YG more romantic than Li.

A true Romantic puts Love above all, a true Patriot puts his country above all, and a true Brother puts his fellow brother above all. So if we look at their priorities, YG is a true Romantic for nothing is higher than his love. Li on the other hand puts his brother higher than his love; Li is definitely a true Brother. That's why I feel YG is no doubt the more romantic one.
    This is a rather shallow interpretation of what love is. If, by romantic, you define as someone who can disregard all aspects of life and fully devote himself to love, then by all means, Yang Guo takes the cake. I just wonder if XLN found out when WZP raped her that it was WZP and not YG, and decided to fall in love with WZP instead, would Yang Guo still be so devoted to her.

Its easy when love is possible, and XLN loved him back, to be "in love". Its much harder to still be so in love with someone who you can never be with. Yang Guo was so deeply in love because at least his love was returned. We will never know how he might've acted if XLN didn't love him back.
    Last edited by bliss; 03-11-05 at 01:47 PM.

We differ in opinion here. To be able to let one's love go shows strength in character, not necessarily one's romantic level.
    I can see letting someone go being romantic if it means she will be more happy or find greater love w. someone else rather then with me. I think that distinguishes love from merely being possessive.

But in any case, I don't think it applies to LXH...

RE Yeung Gor:

Are you nutso?

"I think it's harder to stay in love with someone you can't see for 16 yrs than someone who's still around and u can see her if you really wanted it, even if it's from a distance. If you ever had a broken heart, you would realize that your feelings for your ex would linger on longer if she's around than if she not around."

First of all, Li gave away all his possessions as a wedding gift, then -left- for ten years. Second of all, even if he hadn't, I don't think there's -anyone- in the world who would think it's easier to see an -ex they are still in love with married with and screwing/having kids with someone else...

the most romantically sentimental award should go to you tanzi. thats one big ****ing moron. ah zi kicks him around, tortures him, puts a red hot iron mask over his face, almost gets him killed, squashes the eyes which he gave her, and is not the least bit grateful, and worst of all, she dispises him, yet hes hopelessly in love with her. i dont think yang guo or anyone can beat this guy

Quote Originally Posted by qiaofeng
    the most romantically sentimental award should go to you tanzi. thats one big ****ing moron. ah zi kicks him around, tortures him, puts a red hot iron mask over his face, almost gets him killed, squashes the eyes which he gave her, and is not the least bit grateful, and worst of all, she dispises him, yet hes hopelessly in love with her. i dont think yang guo or anyone can beat this guy
    i see him as have a unrequited love, but you do have to feel sorry for the guy especially after all that he has done for her and she turns round and tells qiao feng how disgusted she feels about him, just finished watching dgsd a few days ago.

i see him as an unrequited love, but you do have to feel sorry for the guy especially after all that he has done for her and she turns round and tells qiao feng how disgusted she feels about him, just finished watching dgsd a few days ago.

HAHA I have to agree with you. If tanzi was in the contest, he'll win.
    Last edited by Yeung Gor; 03-12-05 at 04:41 AM.

HAHA I have to agree with you. If tanzi was in the contest, he'll win.
    Isn't there a difference between being romantic and psychotically obsessed?

While I never liked Li and his self-pitying, alcoholic ways, I think Gu Long's characters overall tends to be more romantic and ruled by their passions. Ah Fei is more of a romantic than Li, even though he loved an evil woman. I think the most romantic of Jin Yong's characters is clearly Duan Yu.
    林家有女玉啄成
    嫣然巧笑艳冠人
    纤纤起舞随风动
    疑似飞燕又重生

duan yu is no match for you tan zi. theyre both pathetic losers, but you tan zi is a bigger lover(1 sided love lol). wang yu yan wasnt really nice to duan yu, but she didnt torture him. if she treated duan yu the way ah zhi did you tan zi, i dont think he'll still be following her around like a dog
    Last edited by qiaofeng; 03-16-05 at 12:38 AM.