Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Constantine

Default Constantine

Is based on comics adaptation. What do you think ?
    I think it's just so so...

Yeap. Although it's less action-packed then I've expected.
    Swifty, Writing
    Film and book reviews, short films, videos from a Malaysian filmmaker based in Tokyo

I found some parts.... ridiculously funny i.e. over-the-top kind of funny. Still, it's an enjoyable ride, nonetheless.
    "Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you want."

How come this movie isn't screened in US yet ?

It's one of those rare flicks that capitalizes on their lead actor's popularity in Asia, and thus it's released in Asia first.

(that's why Keanu went to HK to promote the film)
    Swifty, Writing
    Film and book reviews, short films, videos from a Malaysian filmmaker based in Tokyo

I liked it. In fact Keanu Reeves is one of those very few actors I would run to the cinema to watch his movies. I really am not his fan but I do think he is drop dead gorgeous. The movie was very good, though some parts didn't make sense. The idea of a man having to earn his way back to Heaven is really interesting. The theme is very similar to one movie I saw some years ago with Viggo Mortensen as Lucifer, and Christopher Walken as fallen Angel Gabriel. But in this Keanu movie, Gabriel is interesting played by a woman but Gabriel like an angel I think is andro...I don't know how to spell, I think you can say sexless. Heaven fighting with Hell and God not caring one bit, very interesting.

But what I don't get is why his friends (the priest and the other guy) had to die, why Isabelle killed herself and why so many hell's ermm men were walking on Earth?

I like the ending though, how Lucifer dealt with his son! But was very disappointed that Lucifer was not played by some handsome british actor!!

Very good fun movie. Keanu's acting was good too, considering he was always not that good. Interesting thing about this actor; I can never say he is a good actor but I can't say he is bad too.
    PointEntertainment @ http://point2e.com [all about Reviews.Comments.Opinions].

Androgynous.

Priest and the other guy gotta die to provoke Constantine?
    Swifty, Writing

Quote Originally Posted by Eliar Swiftfire
    Androgynous.

Priest and the other guy gotta die to provoke Constantine?
    Why provoke him? Since he is guaranteed to go to hell, why not just kill him??

Because they found out about the evil son's plan ?
    (Remember the priest draw something in his hand, and Constantine's friend also killed when trying to translate the drawing ?

Quote Originally Posted by Funn Lim
    Keanu's acting was good too, considering he was always not that good. Interesting thing about this actor; I can never say he is a good actor but I can't say he is bad too.
    I know what you mean. Keanu can make you believe the plot because he looks very earnest. But Keanu by nature has the wooden look and so is not charismatic if not for his gorgeous appearance.

Anyone who has watched this movie right until the end of credits can tell what happened after the credits? Apparently there is some special ending??

..... The theme is very similar to one movie I saw some years ago with Viggo Mortensen as Lucifer, and Christopher Walken as fallen Angel Gabriel.....

But what I don't get is why his friends (the priest and the other guy) had to die, why Isabelle killed herself and why so many hell's ermm men were walking on Earth?
    Hey, do you remember what that previous movie was called? I think it's the same movie I've been thinking about but I can't seem to recall the title. Any ideas? Otherwise, it could be another totally different movie.

The twins had special powers. Isabelle was one of them. In the prophecy, Devil can come into Earth through a powerful human.... or twins. This was explained in the dialogue.

Hell's men amongst the living? I think it's in the dialogue... because there's a breach in the plane....

Those people had to die because they found out about the breach..... or they were on the verge of finding out....
    "Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you want."

Quote Originally Posted by 2socks
    Hey, do you remember what that previous movie was called? I think it's the same movie I've been thinking about but I can't seem to recall the title. Any ideas? Otherwise, it could be another totally different movie.

The twins had special powers. Isabelle was one of them. In the prophecy, Devil can come into Earth through a powerful human.... or twins. This was explained in the dialogue.

Hell's men amongst the living? I think it's in the dialogue... because there's a breach in the plane....

Those people had to die because they found out about the breach..... or they were on the verge of finding out....

Was it called Prophecy? Or something like that?

And what happened after the credits rolled?

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Eliar Swiftfire
    It's one of those rare flicks that capitalizes on their lead actor's popularity in Asia, and thus it's released in Asia first.

(that's why Keanu went to HK to promote the film)
    and the same time to combat those CAM piracy, if its out in US its out already as direct selling VCD in asia the next day

I like the ending though, how Lucifer dealt with his son! But was very disappointed that Lucifer was not played by some handsome british actor!!
    The friends had to die because they could find out what the whole plan was. And the demons were trying to keep it a secret in the meantime until they have succeeded.

I think Isabelle killed herself because she knew of the plan (she must have because she wrote the bible's chapter) and she knew that she was going to be used to bring forth Satan's son to earth. So she had no choice but to kill herself so that she cannot be used. So she actually sacrificed herself for the sake of humanity but unfortunately, killing herself is still a mortal sin and she is condemned to hell. I found this quite depressing. As it seems to indicate that rules are rigidly followed without going into the details which may excuse the rule not being followed. Thought this was a flaw in human society because we are unable to consider everything and judge fairly but to suggest that it will be like that too between heaven and hell, is pure depressing.

Hell's demons were walking on earth as they were allowed to do so within the rules. As long as they were not directly interfering with a human, they can do so. They are there because they wish to influence humans to do evil, to sin. The humans are supposed to resist temptation themselves. I think God was not there to remove all temptations of evil from humans but to guide them to do good and resist temptations themselves. So to balance out the evil demon's influences, there were also angels around. However, when any one of the demons go too far to harm humans, that's where Constantine steps in to send them back to hell and he justifies this because they have broken the rules.

I like the ending when Constantine waved his middle finger at Satan as he was going to heaven. Funny...

Default Constantine

Was surprised that i didn't see a thread for this new hot show!!!!

http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.ya...rs/constantine

Directed by
    Francis Lawrence

Writing credits (WGA)
    Jamie Delano (comic book Hellblazer) &
    Garth Ennis (comic book Hellblazer) ...

Genre: Action / Thriller / Fantasy / Drama / Horror (more)

Tagline: Hell wants him. Heaven won't take him. Earth needs him. (more)

Plot Outline: Based on the DC/Vertigo comic book Hellblazer and written by Kevin Brodbin, Mark Bomback and Frank Capello, Constantine tells the story of irreverent supernatural detective John Constantine (Keanu Reeves), who has literally been to hell and back. (more) (view trailer)

Cast overview, first billed only:
    Keanu Reeves .... John Constantine
    Rachel Weisz .... Angela Dodson/Isabel Dodson
    Shia LaBeouf .... Chas Chandler
    Djimon Hounsou .... Midnite
    Max Baker .... Beeman
    Pruitt Taylor Vince .... Father Hennessy
    Gavin McGregor Rossdale .... Balthazar (as Gavin Rossdale)
    Tilda Swinton .... Gabriel
    Peter Stormare .... Satan
    Jesse Ramirez .... Scavenger
    José Zúñiga .... Detective Weiss (as Jose Zuniga)
    Francis Guinan .... Father Garret
    Larry Cedar .... Vermin Man
    April Grace .... Dr. Leslie Archer
    Suzanne Whang .... Mother

heard its very good...

i still dont get why satan wants constantine so much for.
    Am i Crazy!?!?!?!
    [8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888]

There is a thread for this movie

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=11148

Quote Originally Posted by babyblues
    The friends had to die because they could find out what the whole plan was. And the demons were trying to keep it a secret in the meantime until they have succeeded.

I think Isabelle killed herself because she knew of the plan (she must have because she wrote the bible's chapter) and she knew that she was going to be used to bring forth Satan's son to earth. So she had no choice but to kill herself so that she cannot be used. So she actually sacrificed herself for the sake of humanity but unfortunately, killing herself is still a mortal sin and she is condemned to hell. I found this quite depressing. As it seems to indicate that rules are rigidly followed without going into the details which may excuse the rule not being followed. Thought this was a flaw in human society because we are unable to consider everything and judge fairly but to suggest that it will be like that too between heaven and hell, is pure depressing.

Hell's demons were walking on earth as they were allowed to do so within the rules. As long as they were not directly interfering with a human, they can do so. They are there because they wish to influence humans to do evil, to sin. The humans are supposed to resist temptation themselves. I think God was not there to remove all temptations of evil from humans but to guide them to do good and resist temptations themselves. So to balance out the evil demon's influences, there were also angels around. However, when any one of the demons go too far to harm humans, that's where Constantine steps in to send them back to hell and he justifies this because they have broken the rules.

I like the ending when Constantine waved his middle finger at Satan as he was going to heaven. Funny...

I see...but killing oneself is a mortal sin. But you're right; technically isabelle sacrificed herself like Constantine did at the end, so must she go to hell??

And I don't get why the plan must be kept secret when that alternative bible kinda revealed everything.