Thread: Destined to Love You

Talking Destined to Love You

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.2and2.net/Uploads/Images/destined1.jpg')

Cast:

In Alphabetical order by last name...

Jessica Hsuan as Vanessa Wan
    Louis Koo Tin Lok as Luke Yeung
    Noel Leung Siu Bing as Karen Leung

Supporting Cast:

Kevin Cheng as Kyle Leung
    Nick Cheung as Nathan Cheung
    Joe Ma Tak Chung as Daniel Luk
    Annie Man as Annie Kwok

Minor roles

Nadia Chan as Anna Yeung( a.k.a Mrs. Samuel Kwok)
    Sunny Chan as Samuel Kwok
    Charmaine Sheh as Katherine Tse

Genre: Modern, Romance,Comedy, Love, Hatred, Betrayal, Vengeance and a tad of fantasy.

My winglin pen name is Misty Rain.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Post Chapter 1: Prologue - Jade Emperor's Test

Chapter 1: Prologue - Jade Emperor's Test

“What is this love that binds beyond life and death?” *

Lifetimes ago rumors about a love between a mortal man and one of the nine daughters of Jade Emperor, spread far and wide across the heavenly kingdom. When the rumors reached to the ears of the Jade Emperor, he was fuming with anger for the laws of the heavenly kingdom strictly forbid love between the mortals and the immortals. After finding out the rumors were true, he sent his celestial warriors to capture Lai Wah and Lok Tin. The couple was then brought before the Jade Emperor and given choices of renouncing their love or spending all eternity in the one of eighteen levels of hell.

But neither one of them chose to forsake their love. Coldly, the Jade Emperor sent the lovers down to the Underworld. As Lai Wah and Lok Tin’s souls were taken from their bodies, Lai Wah said," To be immortal without Lok Tin would mean eternal loneliness. But to be a mere mortal with him would mean everlasting happiness.”

Although the Jade Emperor was very strict, he cared very much for his ninth daughter and so with help of Yuet Lao (The God of Love) they devised a plan to test Lai Wah and Lok Tin’s love for each other. The plan was to give Lai Wah and Lok Tin three lifetimes together. For the first two lifetimes together, each of them was to break the other’s heart; the third lifetime, decided their fate as a couple. Usually, the couples’ souls would not be able to decide their own fate. However, Yuet Lao under the Jade Emperor’s order made this possible for Lai Wah and Lok Tin’s soul to decide in the third lifetime.

In the first lifetime of Lai Wah and Tin Lok, they reincarnated into the time setting of early Ming dynasty with different backgrounds. Tin Lok lived a poor life of a scholar while Lai Wah had all the wealth of a merchant's daughter. One day as Lai Wah took walk with her maid; a scroll fell from hill nearby. The scroll turned out to be a beautiful watercolor painting of a spring night in the painting also included a poem of Li Bai.

“In what house, the jade flute that sends these dark notes drifting,
    scattering on the spring wind that fills Lo-yang?
    Tonight if we should hear the willow-breaking song,
    who could help but long for the gardens of home?”

When Lok Tin, the owner of the painting came to claim the scroll Lai Wah commented on how much she had admired his artistic talent. As days and months went by their friendship grew through common interests in art, literature, and music. Not long after, Lok Tin and Lai Wah fell in love however; these days of happiness did last long. Lai Wah’s parents found about them and were not please at all. Their hopes and dreams were marrying Lai Wah off to a rich family. Her parents ordered servants to beat Lok Tin and threatened to take his life, if he ever saw Lai Wah again. Only through the help of two loyal maids, did the two lovers met once more. Lai Wah then persuaded and also given money to Lok Tin to go to the capital and take the exams in hope to become a wealthy magistrate to ask Lai Wah’s hand for marriage.

A year had went by Lai Wah had locked herself in her room, waiting patiently for Lok Tin‘s return. Unfortunately as days went by there was still no news of him. After sometime, Lai Wah’s family went bankrupt after other companies stop selling to her family. Her family then went to wealth to rags. Not soon after her parents died of ill health. With no family Lai Wah decided to take her chances and traveled to the capital and find Lok Tin. With no money, her travel took her two long years to reach the capital. Tired and dressed in rags, she looked all over to find her beloved Lok Tin but no one paid attention to her. By mere chance when she visited the temple of the Goddess of Mercy, her prayers came true. As she left the temple she bumped into Lok Tin dressed in the richest garments and hand in hand with another woman.

In Lai Wah’s pale complexion and shock, she fainted. After three days of being unconscious, she found herself in a warm bed. It had to be a dream, but she would only find it is the complete opposite. After she had bathed and dressed in new clothes, she was brought into the main hall. Lai Wah was delighted to reunite with Lok Tin but clearly the woman who sat beside him was not. The woman beside him was beautiful and was dressed like a princess. Reluctantly, Lok Tin introduces the two women and sighed. The woman indeed was a princess, a jealous princess at that. She glared and threatened to tell her father to take away all the title and fame that Lok Tin had earned throughout the years. Unless he was willing to serve Lai Wah a poisoned wine cup as a symbol to end of their love and only then the princess would forgive him. ‘Would he choose to fame or his true love? Has he changed?’ In a few minutes, she got her answer. Fame, wealth and the title of the princess’s husband won Lok Tin’s heart. The poor scholar in whom Lai Wah loved was gone. Her heart-felt heavy and hurt as if a thousand knifes were stabbing at her heart. Without a second thought, Lai Wah took the cup in her hand and drank it bitterly. Lok Tin was later hanged for intentionally offending the Emperor.

In the second lifetime, Lok Tin and Lai Wah were born into wealthy families. Their fathers were good friends and so were they. Since childhood Lok Tin and Lai Wah were inseparable friends. Even more inseparable when Lai Wah’s father died from the war with the Japanese and since Lok Tin’s mother and Lai Wah’s mother were distant family, Lok Tin’s family took them in. Years went by Lok Tin and Lai Wah’s love like a small seed bloomed into a beautiful flower in spring. Until one day on her mother‘s deathbed, her mother confessed a very cruel secret to Lai Wah, which would wither the young flower.

The reason Lok Tin’s father had befriended Lai Wah’s father was not because they were generals with common goals, but the fact was the friendship was only an existed so that Lok Tin’s father could keep in contact with his old lover. When Lai Wah’s father found out the truth, that his wife and daughter was truly not his, he was devastated. He was the first general to go into battle the Japanese and also among the many that lost their lives. The secret overwhelmed her with many feelings of pain. However, Lai Wah knew if Lok Tin found out the truth, he and his father would be on bad terms with each other and decided to keep this secret a secret as well. In knowing Lok Tin was really her brother, she was distressed. She knew she could never marry the man she loved and so she decided to kill their love the only way she knew. She knew Lok Tin’s best friend, Ka Fai was very fond of her and when Ka Fai asked her hand in marriage she agreed.

Everyone was happy to see Lai Wah married to Ka Fai but Lok Tin felt betrayed. His best friend had taken away the love of his life. Even though, Lai Wah was married to someone else he tried to accept it and wished her all the happiness. One year after Ka Fai married her; he was out fooling around another woman, a club singer. Usually, he left Lai Wah waiting at home till the early hours of the morning. Lok Tin confronted and fought with Ka Fai but that would only make Ka Fai even madder and mistreat Lai Wah. Lok Tin found it even harder to understand when she defended Ka Fai. It tore him to pieces trying to find the answer to why she had chosen to marry Ka Fai over him.

Lok Tin tried to keep his control over the matter but no matter what he could not forget her. One morning, Lai Wah’s personal maid told Lok Tin to see her master right away for Lai Wah had a fatal disease, tuberculosis. He immediately rushed over only to see her leave him forever. She only left behind a letter to him, which explained why she had chosen Ka Fai. Lok Tin couldn’t believe it. He was determined to prove it was wrong and he did. He used the blood that he found on Lai Wah’s handkerchief and tested it with his. It did not mix together at all.

What hurt Lok Tin most was that she didn’t trust him or their love enough to tell him what was bothering her. The pain and suffering of the lie could have been prevented.

Is their love strong enough to pass the Jade Emperor's Test? After two lifetimes of failed love and tragedy is there still love between Lok Tin and Lai Wah?

------------------------------------------
    Reposted on: 3-09-05
    Originally posted on 09-02-02

Footnotes: * a line from Return of the Condor Heroes by Jin Yong(Louis Cha)

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Post Chapter 2: The Accident

Chapter 2: The Accident

“Nature is at work... Character and destiny are her handiwork.
    She gives us love and hate, jealousy and reverence.
    All that is ours is the power to choose which
    Impulse we shall follow.” -David Seabury

It took a week for Karen and Kyle to move and get settled into their new apartment which they now shared with Annie. Samuel and Karen had been long time friends, so it was he who had informed her of Annie’s need for roommates. Annie, being Samuel's sister was more than happy to accommodate his good friend.

Usually the snooze button would have been instantly depressed, but today was different. Today, she was due to have a very important interview with the Cheung and Co. Advertising conglomerate at precisely ten O’ Clock. It was therefore imperative that she was earnest in getting there on time and making a good first impression. If she could get the job there, the salary would offer a big boost in her income and lifestyle than she could ever earn in her previous jobs.

An hour later Annie also got up to prepare for work. Starting with a pot of freshly brewed coffee she had brought home from work the night before. The intense aroma of the gourmet coffee slowly made its way into the nostrils of Kyle who was asleep on the living room sofa.

“Kyle! Kyle! Wake up! You promised to take me to my job interview this morning!” Karen shouted to her brother as she applied her make up.

Kyle groaned in response and shifted to his side to see Annie cooking breakfast. He then squinted his eyes at the wall clock, it was only a quarter till nine there was still time. With a grunt he propped himself up from the leather sofa on one elbow, trying half-heartedly to rise. The throbbing pain in his temples however, caused him to collapse back down again. Finally on a third try Kyle got up and looked through several cupboards with no success for a coffee mug.

“What are you looking for?” Annie asked, with a rather irritated tone as she placed omelet filled plates on the table.

Kyle pointed to the cup of coffee Annie had on the table. Annie shook her head and told him to move over. She opened the cupboard on the left and took out clean cup and placed it on the counter beside Kyle. After a while Annie got impatient when he just stood there smiling.

“What? Pour yourself a cup of coffee!” She retorted.

“Temper, temper Annie. Is that how you behave at the café too?” Kyle knew she did not like this teasing but the expression on her face when she got mad was just too funny. He then moved over to pour himself a cup and stirred loudly as he made his transition towards the table.

“Ugh! If it wasn’t for your sister and my brother, I wouldn’t allow you to stay here. Would you please go shower or change? You smell like puke and alcohol,” said Annie while she covered her nose in disgust.

“Oh? That’s strange I don’t smell anything?” Kyle said as he carefully sniffed himself.

Annie rolled her eyes as she went over and ate her breakfast, trying very hard to ignore him.

Kyle shrugged and took off his shirt revealing briefly, his finely toned physique before making his way to the bathroom for a shower. But before he went, he grabbed a fork and stole a piece of bacon and egg from Annie’s plate.

“Yummy! But it’s a bit too salty for my taste.” He said, slyly winking at her as he left.

Soon Karen joined Annie at the table for breakfast. Annie could not help but voice her opinion about Kyle.

“Karen, how can you allow your brother to live this kind of lifestyle? He goes out partying all night doing God knows what. He comes home plenty drunk and smelling of vomit. Then he disturbs everyone’s sleep when he can’t fit the key into the door. Seriously, this is not a healthy lifestyle to have.”

Karen delayed her response for a moment and sighed. “I know. It’s not the lifestyle I’d want him to have either but what can I do? We’re all mature adults. No one can change another person, if that person is not willing to change.”

“That’s very true. So there’s really nothing you can do huh?” Annie asked.

“Perhaps not but you should give him a chance. He’s really a nice guy and no I’m not saying this because I’m his sister. He may seem careless most of the time but when you need him, he’s always there.”

“Hmm…I’ll keep that in mind the next time he intentionally pisses me off. In the meantime, I must get ready for work. Good luck on the job interview!” Annie replied.

“Thanks I’ll need it,” Karen said as she helped Annie to clear the table. She offered to wash the dishes, but Annie sternly refused and reminded her of the limited time she had.

When it was only her and Kyle, she had always taken care of everything. Their parents had died young in a car accident and left the siblings in the caring hands of their grandmother, her Dad’s mother. She had never heard of her mother’s side of the family. When she asked about her grandparents on her mother’s side, her parents always wore a sad expression. It was the one secret they took to their graves. Kyle and she lived with their grandma until she passed on last year. After the times of grieving and other businesses were over she met up with her old friend, Samuel who she had known since high school. She was grateful of Samuel and Annie for giving her and Kyle a new home. Everything in her life now seemed brighter than it has ever been.

Kyle came out to find Karen looking absently out the window. He called her name several times but she gave no response. As he moved closer, the fumes from the cologne he was wearing brought her sharply back to reality.

“Kyle! Your new cologne is intoxicating. How come I didn’t hear you walk out?”

“Of course you didn’t hear me. Your thoughts were else where. Oh! Are you thinking of someone special? Mom and Dad would be glad to hear you’ve found a son-in-law for the Leung family” He teased.

“Oh don’t be silly! I’ve got too much on my mind as it is. Now come on I’ve got a ten o’clock interview to go to!” She said and gently threw a punch into his arm. Kyle pretended to be hurt as he took the keys from where it hung on the key hook.

The two walked down to Kyle’s shiny blue Yamaha motorcycle where he handed her an extra helmet while he put on his black helmet. He climbed onto his motorcycle and started the engine, Karen made sure she had her backpack with all her important documents and her purse was securely on her back and climbed on. When she hugged his waist tightly they left in a flash with the wind blowing against their bodies.

When they got onto the main road and were heading towards the business areas with the high buildings and sky scrapers there were two other motorcycles following behind. The buzzing of the motorcycles got louder as they rode on both sides of Kyle and Karen. Karen noticed the looks of hated in their eyes. They were no friends of Kyle. The light turned red and everyone paused.

“Hello Kyle, where are you going this morning in such a hurry? I heard my little brother lost a lot of money to you last night. I want to race you and get the money back with interest. Are you game?” The rider on the left asked challengingly.

Kyle flipped the tinted visor of his helmet up and stared the rider in the eyes. He hesitated as he knew he should not accept the challenge now especially with his sister’s safety and his promise to take her to the job interview. Yet, his pride would not let him back down from such a challenge. He told Karen to hold on tight.

The Race started immediately as the traffic light turned green.

The rider on the left was good but Kyle was better. He soon took the lead with the rider on the left following behind and the third rider furthers back. They got to the next red light and waited for the green light. The two motorcyclists sneered with hatred. Kyle only smiled mockingly in response.

The other two riders knew they could not compete with Kyle the Racing King so they resolved to play dirty tricks. They weaved in and out close to Kyle but he did not let them interfere with his driving. He increased his speed then suddenly out of nowhere a taxi cab came onto the empty road followed by an expensive Lexus sedan. The two motorcyclists continued to taunt him and with the accelerating speed that Kyle was going, he went up and over the taxi cab and landed sideways onto the ground skidding towards the Lexus sedan.

Karen lost her grip and fell tumbling onto the road. Kyle panicked as he saw the danger Karen was in and ran to her side regretting his decision instantly.

Taking off his helmet, he quickly flipped open her visor in a panic, “Karen? Are you okay? Speak to me!” Kyle exclaimed as he held her in his arms.

The two motorcyclists drove on past them not wanting to be involved in the situation. While the driver in the silver Lexus sedan had stopped earlier and came over with a cell phone in his hand.

“Are you two alright? I’ve just called the paramedics they should be here any minute now.” The driver informed.

Kyle removed his black leather jacket and carefully laid Karen’s head on it as a pillow. Kyle’s heart almost stopped beating seeing the consequences his decision had resulted. Then his heart leaped as Karen’s eyes open again.

“Kyle…” Said Karen weakly as she stared at Kyle then to the stranger who was hovering over them. She could feel burning pain in her arms and leg. Before she blacked out she could hear the paramedics coming closer and closer. Soon darkness came to take claim of her completely.

-----------------------
    To Be Continued....Comments? Come on silent readers I need some words of motivation too...

Posted on 3-09-05
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 03-10-05 at 01:28 PM.

Default finally.....

been waiting for u to update. hehe....
    that's an interesting start. can i have the next chapter NOW? ehehe....
    and also not to forget the alos.