Thread: When did Xiao Long nu

Default When did Xiao Long nu

fall in love with Yang Guo?

I never read the novel but according to the 1995 version i think, with carmen lee, Xiao long nu had NO feelings for yang guo through out the movie and the all of a sudden towards the middle, she suddenly has strong feelings for him.

Does the novel explain more about how her attraction to yang guo start or at what point of the novel did it happend? more details? Or is it just like the movie where she just woke up one day and saw yang guo in a different light?

I think she was confused (not really knowing that she loved him, she just cared for him) until she thought he banged her.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

actually if you read noodles translation, you see that their love began long before the incident with yin zhiping. back when li mochuo entered the ancient tomb to force the manual from them and dragon taught she was dying, she decided to put their teacher student relationship aside. when yang guo put her in the coffin and got inside with her, she decided"if he wants to hold me, i'll let him". jin yong also commented during the martial arts meet, that they love began long ago as they had no one to care for but themselves but theywere innocent and did not relise it till then.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

I think the precise moment she felt love for Yang Guo was when the giant rock was released. Before this she had been able to suppress her emotions as required by her master. The problem with her was she didn't knew how to handle the varied emotions that she had because she had been emotionless for too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Candide
    I think she was confused (not really knowing that she loved him, she just cared for him) until she thought he banged her.
    oh hell yeah, I agree, she was all over him, when she thought he boinked her..............yup after that, she love him long time.......................

Love is not something that happens instantly, it is developed through time. Of course when people think they fall in love at first sight, it's just a strong feeling of attraction, it's not love.

SLN and YG spend years together in Ancient Tomb. They both developed a very close relationship. Because SLN was older and she realize it ealier than YG did. Of course the moment when the Dragon Stone fell, she let her feelings out and finally accepted she was in love with him. But that love was not something that just happen at that moment but had been gradually developed.

To those who said SLN only realize it after she was rape, remember she had asked YG while they were traped in the Tomb that if he has any girl in his heart, she'll kill him. That's a strong clue she was already in love with him. There is no confusion. Only thing she was unsure of was wether YG love her in the same way. So after the rape, she thought she got his answer. So she immediately fell in his arms.
    Last edited by Yeung Gor; 03-10-05 at 12:28 PM.

hmm i see... so basically she had those feelings for a while but she only physically expressed it when they were trapped inside the tomb?

Speaking of rape... Did Jin Yong ever say why he always has rapists in every novel?

Was that something common back then or just to make the story more real?

to make the story more interesting
    TaZzY InC

Quote Originally Posted by palmchange
    Speaking of rape... Did Jin Yong ever say why he always has rapists in every novel?

Was that something common back then or just to make the story more real?
    rapist exist in all society and times, so it's not unusual they're in there, esp during ancient times when there's more corruptions and injustices.

YG and XLN falling in love? hmmm ..i would go ever further back before the dragon stone was dropped. according to XLN character, she would had killed YG with one quick strike when he was asleep. but she couldn't do it. she was holding back and that's why YG was able to escape from the tomb. i think she was feeling for him already but she just didn't know it and she was fighting to control her own emotion. as for YG, he decided to go back to the tomb with Hong Lingbo (isn't that her name?) even if XLN would really kill him. he didn't care for his life but he just had to see XLN again. that showed he was also really into her as well but i guess he didn't know his own feeling at the time. many twists and turns afterward only deepen their feelings and make them understood the truth feeling that they had for each other.