Thread: Similarities between characters?

Default Similarities between characters?

Do you guys feel that some characters in one series overlap or is very similiar to another character in another TVB series? I think this happens alot, esp with roles played by the same actors/actresses. Here's my list...

Roger Kwok in "Herbablist Affair" and "Trust of a Lifetime"

Michelle Yip in "Eternal Happiness" and "Lost in Chamber of Love"

Chilam Cheung in "Shades of Truth" and "Take my word for it" <-- I love him in both just as much!!

Kenix Kwok in "Take my word for it" and "Shine on you" and "Legal tanglement"

Well, there's just so much character one can use. TVB making so many series per year, there's bound to be some overlapping. Furthermore, producers/directors usually would like to choose an actor who potrayed a certain character best to play that character or have the suitable look. That's why u see actors being stereotype. Finally, every actor has his/her distinct acting style. That's why u see the resemblance more when a actor played similar characters. You might not notice the similarity of the character that much if it is played by different actors.

Senior Member KennyLeeJianSiong's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    Well, there's just so much character one can use. TVB making so many series per year, there's bound to be some overlapping. Furthermore, producers/directors usually would like to choose an actor who potrayed a certain character best to play that character or have the suitable look. That's why u see actors being stereotype. Finally, every actor has his/her distinct acting style. That's why u see the resemblance more when a actor played similar characters. You might not notice the similarity of the character that much if it is played by different actors.
    I would think it is the actor's acting style..........some actors act almost the same acting style is most of their series........
    Sam and Zoe are FOREVER and EVER!
    Please visit :Codename : Dreams|| Get TVB Theme songs here & here

Frankie in Herbalist Manual and Face to Fate..haha ok, maybe not, they just look alike XD