Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: wu yan nu

Default wu yan nu

anyone heard of this series? websites?

If your computer can read Chinese, try this site: http://big5.xinhuanet.com/gate/big5/...nt_1010577.htm

oh yea...thanx for the site, I forgot bout this post =P

Buffy_85, have you ever watched Wu Tong Yu? don't you find these two series practically identical? especially w/ the son and mother being the same actor and actress...but I like the main character girl in this one better than the other one

Hi 999roses, u can just call me Aly

I thought I was the only one in this whole forum that watches this show!

Yes, i watched Wu Tong Yu. Not only the actors are the same but also the story. The whole step-brothers falling in love with the same woman, family schemes and their parents' past. How original, eh!

Which main girl are u talking bout, the wu tong yu or wu yan nu? I like the Wu Yan Nu one better because she is more outgoing. The other one seem too silent. I see more energy in Wu Yan Nu. I enjoy watch Wu Yan Nu more too. I prefer ancient shows rather than modern shows. Actually, I don't really watch a lot of shows in a time period of Wu Tong Yu.

I enjoy watching the lead guy actually. Have you seen him in Zhen Zu Cai Yi (Bloody Pearl) and Wo Hu Chang Lung (Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon)? He's a good actor and he looks good bald! I think he looks weird with hair. He's also in this show where he plays a guy with mental problems. Have you seen that one?

Originally posted by Buffy_85
    Hi 999roses, u can just call me Aly

I thought I was the only one in this whole forum that watches this show!

Yes, i watched Wu Tong Yu. Not only the actors are the same but also the story. The whole step-brothers falling in love with the same woman, family schemes and their parents' past. How original, eh!

Which main girl are u talking bout, the wu tong yu or wu yan nu? I like the Wu Yan Nu one better because she is more outgoing. The other one seem too silent. I see more energy in Wu Yan Nu. I enjoy watch Wu Yan Nu more too. I prefer ancient shows rather than modern shows. Actually, I don't really watch a lot of shows in a time period of Wu Tong Yu.

I enjoy watching the lead guy actually. Have you seen him in Zhen Zu Cai Yi (Bloody Pearl) and Wo Hu Chang Lung (Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon)? He's a good actor and he looks good bald! I think he looks weird with hair. He's also in this show where he plays a guy with mental problems. Have you seen that one?
    I know, eh! Do you watch Talentvision? I watch it on Saturdays lol...from the website you gave me, it's like 40 episodes, so rite now, it's only like episode 9...so I'm guessing until at least after August eeks.....I liked the girl from wu yan nu...the girl from wu tong nu wuz way too fake, well her acting. She was pretty, but her expressions got really annoying after while. Yeah, I like the lead guy too, but not his character. nope, haven't him in anything else...but yeah, he has that ancient look. I wanna see him in something else! I am getting sick of him acting in the same kinda role, same w/ his mom...she's good, but it gets to a point where it's too redundant.

The only thing I find really annoying is that the lead girl from wu yan nu is way too nice...I mean, that opera girl deserves no pity..there's so many parallels in the two, eh? There's also that evil girl, well this time she's the opera singer instead of the servant girl..but still, way too alike =(

oh btw, I'm Jen

Hi Jen, off course I watch tv. Tv is my life basically!

There are 2 eps of Wu Yen Nu on each Saturday so next week, we'll be watching ep 9 and 10. Don't know if you read the spoilers but I certainly did and I'm looking forward to that ep!

Since you only watch tv on SAt, I'm guessing that you haven't watch Bloody Pearl. I just realize that both the female and male lead is in there, but they don't play lovers. Here's the website if you're interested: http://www.cts.com.tw/prog/drama/pearl.htm

Btw, can you read chinese?

I can read some Chinese, not a lot..but enough to get through the spoilers =) this series is REALLY long...I think they should shorten it, because I can see it being really draggy in the middle

did you watch last Saturday? poor Mei Xiang...but I think she coulda explained herself instead of just crying and wailing "Xiao Jie, Xiao jie" lol, and what's going on eps. 9 and 10? Btw..don't you find that both that Opera Singer Girl's friend AND the main lead girl are prettier than her? Yet in the show, they keep raving about the opera girl's beauty..dunno why everyone thinks she's so great

When is Bloody Pearl on? weekdayz? or has it already finished? I watch some Talentvision during the week..just not a lot...have you seen the new dancer show?

I don't think the opera girl is pretty at all. She looks evil and her eyes looks weird.

Next week's ep is when wen shou confesses his love to feng.

Bloody Pearl was on 3 or 4 years ago! I haven't seen the dancer show. Is it modern days? Do you watch Dating Now with Chae lim?

oh we just got talent vision like 2 years ago...so maybe that's why, yup the dancer show is modern dayz...it's actually not good, but just kinda amusing
    yeah I watch just in love occasionally, and I like Chae Rim's character a little bit better than her role in all about eve....at least this time she HAS flaws...the main girl is not as stupid as he wuz in glass shoes haha but overall a good comedy

btw who's that in ur avatar?

I just watch ep 9 n 10 yesterday. Major diapointment. I wanna stop watching it now since it's gonna drag later on. I'll just watch the ending, as usual!

I like the main guy in Dating now more than Glass shoes too. In Glass Shoes, I literally wanna smack him in the head. First of all, his annoying Bruce-Lee-wannabe attitude drives me crazy, then he's always claiming that that girl is his. Whatever, that girl never like him.

That's Vivian Hsu.

yea I've been busy lately..w/ exams 'n such coming up, no time to watch...but itz moving so slowly that by summer when I have time to watch, I won't miss much lol....

yea I know what you mean..I wanted to strangle that guy after he just won't take a hint and kept persisting and persisting and persisting .....I find Korean dramas tend to drag too much as well....actually any series nowadayz...you can miss lotsa episodes, and still know what's going on

Hehe at least u don't hafta go to school during summer! I had to

Yes, Korean shows are dragging esp Glass Shoes and Winter Sonata. Have you watch Hotelier before? That show was on like almost a year ago. That show, to my surprise, isn't dragging at all.

hey I'm back! lol..almost done skoo, yay!
    yeah...summer school sux, did half of it last year, and then dropped it since I wanted to enjoy my summer lol...but yay, I'm going to university next year so no more high school!

have you been watching wu yan nu lately? I see my parents watching it...and it's EXACTLY the same as wu tong yu...totally takes away the appeal factor for me, though I think the acting here is a bit better, but regardless..I'm so sick of Pan Hong (the actress playing the mom) ALWAYS acting the same *****y/stubborn/headstrong role, it's really getting very annoying....

I've watched Hotelier..but didn't like it much since the acting wasn't all that great...but the plot, alrite I guess, but I agree, much less dragging than glass shoes
    I can not believe wu yan nu is 40 episodes, it's just gonna go on forever

hey jen, i totally forgot bout this thread! but anyways by any chance did u watch last week's wu yan nu? I miss the first half of it. Why did Ru Lan left the guy and why did he suddenly stop loving her? I mean he was crazy over her and he wasn't mad at her after he found out all the nasty things she had done. Also, how did his wife came back to him?

hehe...I forgot about it as well, including the show. I think it just took a downhill sweep being all melodramatic...something makes me want to strangle the wu yuan nu girl...she's way too weak and "nice"

anyhow, i'm not sure about the details since I pretty much deserted the show (I might watch the grand finale pah, probably some happy ending) but from what I heard from my family (they love it for some reason), I think the guy hated her for faking the pregnancy and tricking everyone?

and she came back to home since she heard their family went down or something and seeing as she's so kind-hearted, she just has to dive back in and help out even though the family treated her like trash when she was forced to leave

Hey guys, sorry to interrupt your convo, but...how big of a role does Shen Xiao Hai play in this serial?

In case you don't know who he is, here's a pic of the character he plays:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/d/2004-04-28/U92P28T3D378386F326DT20040428220824.JPG')
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Originally posted by Lady Zhuge
    Hey guys, sorry to interrupt your convo, but...how big of a role does Shen Xiao Hai play in this serial?

In case you don't know who he is, here's a pic of the character he plays:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/d/2004-04-28/U92P28T3D378386F326DT20040428220824.JPG')
    he's like the main antagonist of the whole series you can say--he's the illegitimate 1/2 bro of the lead guy, and in love w/ the wu yuan nu
    Currently watching:
    K-dramas Resurrection/Rebirth, Wedding, Farewell to Tears, Rosy Life, Immortal Yi Soon Shin
    C-drama Fairytale of Twin Swords

Thank you for the information, creidesca.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

yay! he's my favourite character in the series even though he's evil.....the only fault w/ him is that he's too hung up on that wu yan nu girl who annoys me too much....but otherwise, he is an interesting and good villain...that scene where the mother slaps him like 5 times really pissed me off, but he did it well

this show is currently airing in malaysia astro. I kind of watch first episode during my school holidays last 2 week but no longer gets to watch it anymore now. Can somebody tell me what this show is basicaly about? other than making dragon robe?