Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: War and Beauty

well, i guess its just depends on ones preferences... I for one loved WAB because I like drama but other people may not like it because this mite now be their genre.. so it really does depend on the individuals tastes

btw, I didnt like gigi in this series either... Her crying parts were not very good.. and i think her character made me not like her much either...
    Inferno's TVB Blog - Come visit my blog with TVB series thoughts, reviews, analysis, and more!

gigi's asthmatic syndrome did bother me at some time, but eventually she managed to carry out her role so i managed to ignore that detail.
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

gig did a good job if you take away the asthmatic speech stuff but i stil think the other three leading ladies did a better job, especially sheren
    Inferno's TVB Blog - Come visit my blog with TVB series thoughts, reviews, analysis, and more!

yes, and even the empress can't do anything with sheren!
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

i m watching this series in dvd. altogether 10, so i presume there will be 30 episodes. currently on ep 12. it seems that no one is good in this series, possibly except the EMPEROR. who will you regard as the most evil? sheren, gigi or charmaine or empresses?

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej
    i m watching this series in dvd. altogether 10, so i presume there will be 30 episodes. currently on ep 12. it seems that no one is good in this series, possibly except the EMPEROR. who will you regard as the most evil? sheren, gigi or charmaine or empresses?

i am currently still watching this series.. currently watch till esp 16. is sooooo scary~ like all the female roles inside are all very bad ppl... so sad~ maybe cuz it is because of the environment tt made them change...

[may contain spoliers]

i think is the empress.. she did very frightening things.. at 1st i thought she was very kind in helping an qian~ then i realising she was in fact covering up for herself... hai

Quote Originally Posted by hp_1707
    i am currently still watching this series.. currently watch till esp 16. is sooooo scary~ like all the female roles inside are all very bad ppl... so sad~ maybe cuz it is because of the environment tt made them change...

[may contain spoliers]

i think is the empress.. she did very frightening things.. at 1st i thought she was very kind in helping an qian~ then i realising she was in fact covering up for herself... hai

Yup.. I never expected her to be bad as well... and I never expect Sheren to be a good character too.. lol......

**spoilers**

I feel sorry for her when she lost her baby.. and I admire her for making the emperor thought that the princess died in his own arms.. That was one good scene.

**spoilers end**

On Charmaine, she is just following orders.. plus, other things she's done is because of love, so she's not too bad..

Gigi is.. hmm.. she has a bad childhood.. Not entirely bad, but she's a hyprocrit.. Well, at least she still have some conscience.

The female with a good heart is... I don't know her name.. sorry.. but she's Charmaine's sister in the series.. I think her christian name is Jay right? Anyway.. too bad she only has a minor role.. I like her acting.

So.. you can actually conclude that, the females are not bad.. its just the way they live.. same for the empress too, but, she's just way too vicious.

Quote Originally Posted by arachidonic
    The female with a good heart is... I don't know her name.. sorry.. but she's Charmaine's sister in the series.. I think her christian name is Jay right? Anyway.. too bad she only has a minor role.. I like her acting.
    I believe your talking about Jade Leung. Me still slow on this series...im skim watching it cos I have school, but right now up to episode 9-10 (dont remember lol) but have to admit it was slow at the begining...but once i read a good synopsis of the storyline then i grew interested...hopefully it gets better!
    Currently Watching:
    Good against Evil

Current Favs
    Fav Actor: Roger Kwok
    Fav Actress: Tavia Yeung

Quote Originally Posted by neverland
    I believe your talking about Jade Leung. Me still slow on this series...im skim watching it cos I have school, but right now up to episode 9-10 (dont remember lol) but have to admit it was slow at the begining...but once i read a good synopsis of the storyline then i grew interested...hopefully it gets better!
    Aah.. yes, thats her name....
    Thanks... yeah.. I think it gets better.. dont worry.

this show kinda sucks why are u guys watching it??

Quote Originally Posted by ice_brakerz
    this show kinda sucks why are u guys watching it??
    Well they would have to watch it before they can say that "it sucks" wouldnt they? And everyone has different opinions on different series.. Personally, I really liked this series

Well, as arachidonic said, all of the women have their own personal reasons as to why they acted so evil.

****Spoilers*****

-The empress did it so that the emperor would love her more.
    -Sheren because the emperess killed her first baby
    -Charmaine because she was loyal to her eunich father who was the one who was evil because he used his daughters.
    -Maggie because she wanted revenge for her grandmother after the empress killed her
    -Gigi.. I dont know I always thought she was the most evil later on in the series because she used bowie etc toward the later end of the series

Jade was definitely not as evil as the other women but she did have her motives.. She poisoned herself because she loved bowie. so her motive wasnt evil but was for love.

****End Spoilers******

yes, i have come to that part where the empress's true color came out.
    did sheren strike a comeback? actually seeing her act again reminds me of her zhao zhiruo role. i am surprised that maggie is helping gigi now.

good series...one of the few rare intriguing ones though not my favourite kind.

==Spoilers==

I may be against the flow of common opinions. But in honesty I think the romance between Bowie and Gigi is quite forced, especially during its clearer 'revelation' in the final episode, during the part where Bowie is attending the funeral of Jade Leung. Not only because of Gigi's interest in Bowie is nothing less than seemingly enshrouded, but the fact that, in my opinion, Bowie does not have much chemistry with her. One reason may be due to the fact that it is a period drama, especially one about the Forbidden Palace, where they are much rules and regulations in regards to behaviours and mannerism, and as a result, there are much limitation to the expression of Bowie's character. But I have always thought that Bowie (like Deric Wan) is an actor whose on-screen romantic chemistry is difficult in establishing. Anyway, just my opinion. hehe
    btw, War and Beauty is an awesome series.
    I felt before I thought.

-- Jean Jacques Rousseau

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno323

****Spoilers*****

-Maggie because she wanted revenge for her grandmother after the empress killed her

****End Spoilers******
    Spoilers

Oops.. forgot about Maggie.. Yeah, she wasn't evil.. its because of her grandmother.. I feel sorry for her.. and.. she died in the end.. pity..

i watched some of this series but nnot all.. like the beginning and end.. i saw... it was soo sweet when Moses was trying to take both Maggie and Sheran out of the kingdom... lol..
    currently in love with: Moses Chan and Bernice Liu

moses even fall for sheran?
    Quote Originally Posted by heydaregoestracy
    i watched some of this series but nnot all.. like the beginning and end.. i saw... it was soo sweet when Moses was trying to take both Maggie and Sheran out of the kingdom... lol..

i think in the series everybody was acceptable apart from gigi i really hated her oin this series

A rare TVB series with a rare yet attracting n touching storyline! Thumbs up to War n Beauty!!!!surely this is one of the best TVB series worth watching and very meaningful apart from Stage of Turbulence and Golden Faith.

Each character is just so unpredictable.....like Gigi....she's the most unpredictable one...the way her personality changes from time to time...her character really annoys me although i'm her fan....the way she used Bowie.i really pity Bowie for falling for her... He was so stupid on the part when he knew gigi was trying to poison him,he still wanna eat that whatever food she brought him.

i love Maggie's character the most. She's good, caring n understanding.Too bad she has to die......the ending was so sad yet sweet....the scene where Gigi n Bowie held each other in the arms and got burnt to death....and the last part where Maggie asked Charmaine not to tell Moses that she's dying....aww....those parts were touching

finish the series. enjoy it very much. everyone has his/her reasons. even jade.

lukcy or unlucky bowie. do many girls fall for him.