Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: War and Beauty

TommyH
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by rokko99
    Can someone tell me why the queen did not punish Bowie and Gigi when they confessed to their " affair ".

At least it didn't seem like no punishment.

They didn't confess. Gigi's girl servant told the queen because she wanted to return home quicker to see her family. The queen later told the king but they king just yelled at the queen. He later ordered Moses to murder Bowie. The king probably want to deal with this in a quiet way.

Banned

come back to the chinese homelands first then talk .

Banned

Maria chen = Bo Siem , Sherene's maid who was murdered .

Micky mouse headgear , so cute lah .

NB . I have changed the post to show that I and 90% of people who have watched this series knows who is who's maid . I made an obvious typo before going to bed , and I knew what the reaction I would get as soon as I did it but not all of us can hang out on the forum 24/7 ! mistakes will be made .

This is to stop one certain poster from detracting the conversation and using to using small stupid side issues to bolster his/her fake image as a Chinese series expert and patronising us that we don't know the basic plot .

When asked to prove him/herself in this manner , it was unable to come up with the most basic answer in Cantonese . BS is what it is.

Go home WC , you are not the real Chinese !
    Last edited by rokko99; 12-01-05 at 02:38 PM.

TommyH
    Unregistered

What you mean? Come back to Chinese Homeland?

Quote Originally Posted by hkgirl129_
    I have the same question as cherrie, who's maria chen?
    Maria Chen is Boe Sim, Sheren's (Yu Fei's) maid who was murdered and found in the pond.

That incident happened around Episodes 16-20 if I'm not mistaken.
    $this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v399/babyblue2702/MaggieMosesbanner.jpg'), '')

The Everlasting Chemistry

Can someone tell me why the queen did not punish Bowie and Gigi when they confessed to their " affair ".

At least it didn't seem like no punishment.
    Erm, if you're talking about the incident where Yuk Ying went to confess for Suen Bak Yeung in Episode 25, she didn't say that it was an affair.

She said she went to meet Suen Bak Yeung personally because she wants to take some medicine from him for the Emperor. A medicine to make the Emperor stronger or something in bed.

That's why the Empress didn't punish them so badly because although it was wrong, it wasn't enough to kill both of them. Also, the Empress suspected that On Sin was the one behind this whole incident as both Yee Sun and Yuk Ying were ready to admit their "wrong-doings", and she told On Sin off.
    $this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v399/babyblue2702/MaggieMosesbanner.jpg'), '')

The Everlasting Chemistry

Maria chen = Bo Siem , maggie's maid who was murdered .

Micky mouse headgear , so cute lah .
    maria chen (bo sim) is not maggie's maid. she worked for sheren (lady yue)

Banned

Oh gosh , Oh me , Oh my .

I made a typo and the WC's are out in force in attempt to show how clever they are - how predictable and how useless . I typed that just before I went to bed , not the most alert time .

Anyway don't matter who's maid she is . You know who she is .

Beauty is the issue here and my vote goes to Maria over sow faced Charmaine anyday .

So Wine and rose and kachek , since you think you know so much about Chinese culture - how do you say " test my cantonese " in cantonese ?

oh now i know who she is now thanks very much! she won the apartment in this year's tvb anniversary
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Banned

Any gossip on her ?

how much do you think she earns ? not a lot i think becasue she is still a minor star .

I want to tackle her lah , I handsome lah , you think I got chance ?

HEEEEEEhehehehehehe

Oh gosh , Oh me , Oh my .

I made a typo and the WC's are out in force in attempt to show how clever they are - how predictable and how useless . I typed that just before I went to bed , not the most alert time .

Anyway don't matter who's maid she is . You know who she is .

Beauty is the issue here and my vote goes to Maria over sow faced Charmaine anyday .

So Wine and rose and kachek , since you think you know so much about Chinese culture - how do you say " test my cantonese " in cantonese ?
    well, this is a forum to allow ppl to share their opinions, info bout the show, etc. so tat others will get proper info to clear their doubts about certain matters. it is not only u who wants to know who's maria. i believe there are many more ppl who doesnt know who's maria. maggie's or sheren's maid make lots of differences to those who really wanna know them.

so rokko, it doesnt matter how much i know about chinese culture. the issue of who's maria doesnt not link with the chinese culture issue here. if u r trying to pick on someone, do create another forum out of here.
    Last edited by kacheek; 12-01-05 at 01:53 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kacheek
    well, this is a forum to allow ppl to share their opinions, info bout the show, etc. so tat others will get proper info to clear their doubts about certain matters. it is not only u who wants to know who's maria. i believe there are many more ppl who doesnt know who's maria. maggie's or sheren's maid make lots of differences to those who really wanna know them.

so rokko, it doesnt matter how much i know about chinese culture. the issue of who's maria doesnt not link with the chinese culture issue here. if u r trying to pick on someone, do create another forum out of here.

Sorry , I don't believe you for 1 second .

You started by " correcting " me on the side issue of who's maid Maria was , nothing to do with the main point of her beauty vs. Charmaine .

This means that you are trying to show of how clever you are with understanding W&B and thus by proxy Chinese culture .

I merely exposed you as insincere and disrespectful , since you do not even like Cantonese language do you ? otherwise how could you not know the simply phrase of ' test my cantonese ' in Cantonese !

How can a person who does not understand basic Cantonese even calim to understand what is going on in TVB ? How dare you !

Put sing chi mun fah, Put chi ying !

And then you try the old sneaky routine of pretending to be " nice " person who informs the rest of what the plot is ? what BS , as if we don't know , as if what I typed was not a typo .

We are right on course .
    It is you who needs to start a new thread before you butted your disrespectful ego in here .

It seems that your English is as poor as your Cantonese. Please re-read the thread before you make false statements and answer the wrong question.

What's wrong with you? Kacheek is just being kind to correct an error. I don't see any cultural clash here.

oh yeah right , western Chinese telling the real Chinese about what Chinese beauty is .

WC's are the worst kind , looked down upon by the white , by the black , know nothing about their own culture but still try to tell Chinese in the homelands what it is ?

Why don't you get of your backside , grow a pair and come live in Chinese countries ?

I have no respect for these types.
    what you wrote here obviously reflect you are a frog in a well. i bet you have not even been to western countries, let alone live there, that's why you could write such things here due to complete ignorance. please stop writing this way and bring shame to the chinese. your style is so uncultured and low class.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by momoko
    what you wrote here obviously reflect you are a frog in a well. i bet you have not even been to western countries, let alone live there, that's why you could write such things here due to complete ignorance. please stop writing this way and bring shame to the chinese. your style is so uncultured and low class.

Real Chinese people are loyalist and we live in Chinese countries . We do not like to spunge of foreign countries. And we don't like it when non genuine Chinese try to lecture us about our own culture.

So where are you resident ?

FYI , I have lived in Uk for over 15 years and I prefer my own Malaysia anyday , thank you very much .

TommyH was just expressing his views and opinions like all others and you started to attack him in an uncultured way. Same for Kacheek whom you made a lot of offensive personal attack for no good reason at all. UK is a very cultured country, i am truely surprised that after staying there for 15 years (which i have my doubts), you failed to learn something as basic courtesy in the way you speak.

I am a true chinese cantonese, singaporean in answer to your question.
    Last edited by momoko; 12-02-05 at 06:15 PM.

a little island east of america and west of europe

Thread closed - for more related conversation on "War and Beauty", please see the other thread.

Thanks