Thread: THE LORD OF THE RING

Default THE LORD OF THE RING

I LIKE THIS MOVIE! YEP.. BECAUSE ORLANDO BLOOM(LEGOLAS) PLAYS IN THAT MOVIE.. AND IT IS ALSO A GREAT MOVIE TOO.. HE IS SO HOT WHEN HE SHOOT THE ARROWS

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.geocities.com/hobbits_live11/legolastttposter.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.posternow.de/images/imagem/l/l21413.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://thekove.tripod.com/gif.gif')
    ~JENNY VANG~

ya good movie but the book is better
    Flame on I am gone...

Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

this is old news! you should discuss Kong Is King instead

Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208
    this is old news! you should discuss Kong Is King instead

Why? the 2 movies have nothing in common except for Peter Jackson. To me, Kong is too melodramatic and linear of a story to be any good.

I think Peter Jackson should do The Hobbit
    Flame on I am gone...

Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by douggilmour
    Why? the 2 movies have nothing in common except for Peter Jackson. To me, Kong is too melodramatic and linear of a story to be any good.
    you're sure doesn't know what you're talking about heh! melodramatic like my sassy girl or failan is that what you means - hahaha

This movie is a Kicka-ss of 2005 just like other Peter Jackson movie. Do you know that the same gollum and the same smeagol is doing the motion capture for Kong and do you know that Kong (1933) is at position 43 at AFI top 100 movie list

So you means a mysterious island with its inhabitant of T-Rex roaming around with Kong around is melodramatic!

The only melodramatic about kong probably at the end when it is dead
    Last edited by atlantean0208; 01-20-05 at 08:08 PM.

Smile A love between a ghost and a human....

eh girl! shIt yeah...i'm a hong of corse why? Duh! haha. Its all good. Hmmm...Nice story...seens like boring haha. wella reply meeh back aite. Mauh!
    WhEn YoU LoVe SOmeONe...It HuRts SOoo MuCh..bUt YOu WilL HAve a ChanCe IN Da fUtUre...

AlWAise,

TrU_gIRl

Smile A love between a ghost and a human....

eh girl! shIt yeah...i'm a hmong of corse why? Duh! haha. Its all good. Hmmm...Nice story...seens like boring haha. wella reply meeh back aite. Mauh!
    WhEn YoU LoVe SOmeONe...It HuRts SOoo MuCh..bUt YOu WilL HAve a ChanCe IN Da fUtUre...

AlWAise,

TrU_gIRl

Quote Originally Posted by 1_kRaZy_ChYcK
    I LIKE THIS MOVIE! YEP.. BECAUSE ORLANDO BLOOM(LEGOLAS) PLAYS IN THAT MOVIE.. AND IT IS ALSO A GREAT MOVIE TOO.. HE IS SO HOT WHEN HE SHOOT THE ARROWS
    He shoots arrows in Troy too. Honestly, he should get away from shooting anymore arrows.

OB played Legolas pretty well. He's my favourite character in the book and I'm glad OB didn't butcher it.
    "Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you want."

The first part of LoTR is the same as the Hobbits - I felt like I was reading the same book (like For Whom The Bell Tolls and The Sun Also Rises; Pride And Prejudice and Sense And Sensibilities) and mixed up Bilbo and Frodo. I kept thinking of Frodo as Bilbo . The Hobbits is very engrossing though it is a children book.

When I first saw LoTR the movies I thought they weren't very good - somewhat melodramatic and documentaristic but they get better on second watching for then I notice the wonderful fine details.

How is LOTR: FoTR the same as The Hobbit?

It is true... the first part of LoTR read the same as The Hobbits. It's like the author wrote the Hobbits and thought eeee this is good, let's write a longer version and so we got LoTR.

The Hobbits revolved around how Bilbo met up and travelled with the strange and mysterious characters who were elf, dwarf and wizard. The early part of LoTR is exactly the same. On a sidenote, I find this part most well wrote.

I don't remember any elves in Bilbo's venturing party. It was just Bilbo and the dwarves. Gandalf left them half way.

I'd say 'The Hobbit' is simpler and has much more action, whereas LOTR is much more wordy, darker and more complex.

yeh... LotR was very woven, u kno? really thickly padded plot... The Hobbit was more straightforward
    but i thoght LotR: FotR wasn't as good as the last two... esp Return of the King!!! that rocked!!!
    History repeats itself. Historians simply repeat each other.

the Hobbit started out like a Children's books but it gets more serious and darker as it goes on..

It'll made a easier transition to movie than LOTR, it's a more focus ,straight forward "adventure" as oppose to LOTR's ..pesudo history thingy..

also..

the elves in this book is less gay than the ones in LOTR..

A Dragon !!

though smaller in scale , the climatic battle of "the hobbit" is far cooler than any of LOTR's

dwarfs, Elves, Men , golbins,Wolves , Eagles, and a Giant Bear...

Yeah, The Hobbit is generally more readable than LOTR. I know there are some who'd read the first few pages of LOTR and fell asleep.

Quote Originally Posted by 2socks
    Yeah, The Hobbit is generally more readable than LOTR. I know there are some who'd read the first few pages of LOTR and fell asleep.
    lol, i had quite the complete opposite experience. LOTR kept me wanting to read on and after that the Silmarillion. But I actually fell asleep reading the Hobbit and it took awhile just to finish reading it, if only coz it was kinda a 'prequel' to LOTR. I guess it's coz I'm more of a history freak..

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner
    lol, i had quite the complete opposite experience. LOTR kept me wanting to read on and after that the Silmarillion. But I actually fell asleep reading the Hobbit and it took awhile just to finish reading it, if only coz it was kinda a 'prequel' to LOTR. I guess it's coz I'm more of a history freak..
    Haha! Did you read LOTR first, then 'The Hobbit'? I read 'The Hobbit' and then LOTR... so, it was OK... I didn't fall asleep. Yeah, another history/folklore freak here.