Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Revolving Doors of Vengeance 《酒店風雲》 - Page 61
Page 61 of 65 FirstFirst ... 11515253545556575859606162636465 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 1294

Thread: Revolving Doors of Vengeance 《酒店風雲》

I checked Joe Ma's profile it says his height is 185cm and Adam Cheng's height according to a fansite of our local Adam superfan , his height is 182cm. So Joe is taller than Adam by a bit.

Some pictures....Enjoy!

They couldn't give Mark better pictures. Sigh.

Okay maybe this is better:

Credit: tvb.com

OH yeah....this IS the second time Joe and Kenix are paired together right? In comparison to their pairing in Vigilante Force and RDOV which do you like better? Why?

Of course, I like Joe's role in RDOV better, no more embrassing singing. More suaveness and clever calculations and smartness.

And Derek's not evil in this series! His role in Suvivor's Law was such a waste of his time. Sammul had to kill him...booo!
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 04-12-06 at 05:35 PM.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

hm..i enjoyed this series very mucho haha
    but i didnt really like the ending..it was 2 perfect n kinda reminded me of Shades of Truth's ending.

-n gosh, i love derek's ch.ter in here! ofcourse, i really don't think in reality there's neone close to that or is there....? haha. he's sucha great actor but so under-rated AND under-promoted
    R.I.P
    DiDi <3
    10.02.05 ;[

don't ****ing piss me off or i'll jam my cigg into ur eye

These discussions made me want to watch RDOV again, especially M&M's part.

Waiting for more commentaries from Suet Sueng.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

I just watched episode 25 and I remembered what Charbydis said:

Quote Originally Posted by Charbydis
    He does care for Becky (I don't think it was just anger which made him go up to her flat and tell her that martin was using her, I think he partly sincere in his words) - they have a very strange connection. Only after she betrayed him for Martin that it was broken. If Fred really wnated to hurt Martin emotionally, he would have just gone after Becky andher son, but he didn't and remained focussed on Martin as his target. But Kit didn't.
    He does seem to have some geniune care for Becky and probably like a niece like he told her. Becky does have the right to be mad at Martin for lying to her and using her, unlike Jessica's CTN w/ Ivan.

Fred says he doesn't deceive/betray or hurt the ones you love and care for but isn't he being a bit hypocritical? He's using his ex-wife's emotional attachment to their daugther and the desire for the family to be together again for his personal gain of getting her money. Does that mean he no longer loves or at least care for his X-wife? I mean sure she has depression but who is the cause of it? Do they explain why she got depression right after she gave birth to Chloe?

It was a surprise to see Rebecca Chan as Mr. Cheng's ex-wife. I was wondering where the mother is. But I thought Mr. Cheng is currently married with someone, or was that someone non-related to him? I'm confused. I'm a little impressed by Rebecca Chan's acting skills in this episode, the way she was able to turn on the switch of being paranoid and depressed and then back to normal again is not bad.

Hoi Sam looks a little bit older in this episode. something about her face makes her seem older.
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 04-13-06 at 03:30 AM.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

That song that Hoi Sam likes, is that Hacken Lee's 一生不变 ? Isn't it an old song?

Raymond CHO is a better singer than Ron Ng. Hahaha Can't believe Kit got drunk and sang to the wrong door and got jealous when he's not free to express his feelings. Haha I knew this one day would happen. He made his bed now he has to lay in it. Why doesn't Kit realize that he's the cause of his own problems?

Oh M&M....hahhaa love the restaraunt scene and how Mark reminds Martin to try to get Becky back. He's such an understand friend and also he knows Chloe is engaged to Kit, so when she says he's like her guardian angel, he feels sad rather than happy that she thinks so. AIYOH I still get jealous with her in his warm embrace! Really do not like seeing that! I really want to throw all the stuff i can find at the pc monitor. hahahaha watching it online.

Haha...Looks like I'm talking to myself now. Oh well...

Whoa! After watching Ep27, Chloe is really nuts! I think her mom passed on the depression onto Chloe. She's really psycho. Stupid Kit, you weak man! Leading people on. Despite Chloe's inherited illness, its really scary how she could lose her mind to the point that she'd push Hoi Sum in front of a car to die like that. She may not be thinking in the right mind but I think her actions still represent what she would do with a clear mind. A shameless girl like Chloe, I'd think she would do anything regardless of right or wrong to get what she wants.
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 04-13-06 at 05:54 AM.

But she got her comeuppence. She's crippled for life.

OMG! Episode 28 was so intense! Man, I thought I'd never say this but, I have a new found respect for Mr. Cheng! Hahaha He's bad but there are things he won't do and he's actually honest about not kidnapping Becky's son. Whoa, I really respect him now. He maybe cunning and scheming but at least his ways isn't entirely dirty.

So now that Kit finally believes the truth about Martin and his father's plan, what can they do to regain the shareholds? Are they going to prove themselves that they don't need the shareholds and can still beat Mr. Cheng? Man, if RDOV was a ancient series, Kit and his two brothers would play spoiled princes and Martin would play some long lost brother, who becomes emperor until the three princes shape up.

BTW, where does all these English names for the characters come from?

Chloe, hahahahah Reap what you sow!!! I was going to say something else but I forgot what it was. Oh well...

Default rdov

i long for a sequel...i have i remember posted my thoughts on how the sequel is to be..

I like the ending..very very finished off..

I thought the ending was not bad. I knew Mr. Cheng won't be happy long. In all strategies, you have to make the enemy think they're winning, so when you make your move, its already too late for them to realize they've lost (in order to counterattack). Predictable as it may be, I think its pretty neat to see Martin work with Mr. Cheng. Mr. Cheng actually respected Martin for his brains and stratetgic calculations. Very good. They would definitly make a dangerous duo.

Maybe I'm cynical but did Mr. Cheng really care for Becky's aunt's sickness and about Martin when he got injured by Hoi Sum's brother? Or was he just worried no one would come up plans to go against the Wong Brothers?

There's a song I heard, and it fits Mark and Chloe's situation very well, the song is about a guy who loves this girl, everyone said it is stupid, idiotic and dumb of him to love the girl, but he doesn't care what people say about her, or that she plays with him like child's play, he only knows that he loves her. Love is love and nothing else matters. And when in love the guy doesn't care about winning or losing anything.

Chloe may have lost everything but she's gained a whole lot of Mark. (JEALOUS JEALOUS JEALOUS!)

Oh yeah, RDOV is a series I will rewatch again and again for M&M and B&M of course.
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 04-13-06 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    I thought the ending was not bad.
    Other than feeling sorry for Mr.Cheng, my biggest gripe with this ending is that Martin ends up with a tiny restuarant while Wong Kai Kit becomes a famous billionaire. Like I said before, he didn't pay one dime for the evil things he did. Oscar, at least, went to prison for a while. And why the heck is Wong Kai Kit the leader and getting interviewed and stuff while his 2 olders act like his sidekicks?

I think its pretty neat to see Martin work with Mr. Cheng. Mr. Cheng actually respected Martin for his brains and stratetgic calculations. Very good. They would definitly make a dangerous duo.
    Too bad he is so loyal to Wong Yuk Ting. After what WKK did to him, I actually wanted Martin to work for Mr. Cheng for good. Martin did so much for the brothers, but none of them even say a 'thank you' to him. Mr. Cheng, on the other hand, truly respected Martin.

There's a song I heard, and it fits Mark and Chloe's situation very well, the song is about a guy who loves this girl, everyone said it is stupid, idiotic and dumb of him to love the girl, but he doesn't care what people say about her, or that she plays with him like child's play, he only knows that he loves her. Love is love and nothing else matters. And when in love the guy doesn't care about winning or losing anything.
    What's the title of the song? Is it an english so or a chinese song? If u don't know the title, do u know the singer?

Chloe may have lost everything but she's gained a whole lot of Mark. (JEALOUS JEALOUS JEALOUS!).
    Well, Mark also gets what he wants.

Quote Originally Posted by Kidd
    Too bad he is so loyal to Wong Yuk Ting. After what WKK did to him, I actually wanted Martin to work for Mr. Cheng for good. Martin did so much for the brothers, but none of them even say a 'thank you' to him. Mr. Cheng, on the other hand, truly respected Martin.
    Actually, if Martin really did work for Mr. Cheng, that wouldn't really be him. He's a person who is grateful of Wong Yuk Ting and I think the years he had to spent without his father, Wong Yuk Ting who helped him get a good education and better his life, in a way was like a father to him.

All through the series, Martin has always been forgiving towards his father and Becky no matter what they both did to him, he is still forgiving and does not hate them for what they've done. He doesn't care if they betray or fool him. Wong Yuk Ting is his mentor....or you could say benefactor for years, WYT died but his sons wronged him but the same logic as forgiving his father and Becky, he wouldn't really choose to go against the Wong brothers. Although it came very close if not for his father calling him and his father being alive.

What's the title of the song? Is it an english so or a chinese song? If u don't know the title, do u know the singer?
    Oh sorry! It's actually a Vietnamese song called Mac Ke Nguoi Ta Noi which means "Don't Care What People Say" sung by Tri Hai. It was a song I found in someone's signature in a forum. Unless you understand Vietnamese, you can check that song out.

Yeah WKK got off scott free and not like Oscar. Martin may have a small restaraunt but I think thats what he wants. If you compare what he had in his hands--Royal Court Hotel, which is really big. The Lucas Restaraunt however small it is, I don't think Martin considered that trade off to be a lost because he always wanted to do something for Becky. And I think it is possible in the future he would have enough money to pursue that Hotel plan for his Dad and him. RDOV just ended too soon thats all.

RDOV vs Greed Mask, I think the ending of RDOV is slightly better off, theres no Halina Tam =Wayne Lai and all that ridicuous ending in Greed Mask. Although both series are enjoyable.

OMG! I thought without Vigilante Force, Joe wouldn't sing again but Martin proved me wrong! Twinkle Twinke Little Star! OMG!

BTW, I've earned a lot post counts writing in this thread, I've posted in this thread 44 or 45 times. But (sigh) I still can't beat the number one poster in this thread ------> Cherrie, who've posted 234 times in this thread! Talk about obsessive! Hahaha...now where is she?

TommyH
    Unregistered

BTW, I've earned a lot post counts writing in this thread, I've posted in this thread 44 or 45 times. But (sigh) I still can't beat the number one poster in this thread ------> Cherrie, who've posted 234 times in this thread! Talk about obsessive! Hahaha...now where is she?
    Not here! Now that you mentioned it, I just remembered Cherrie's a girl. I've been thinking he was a boy for many months now...until a few weeks ago he told me he's a girl. I was shocked!

SS who you think is the true villain of this series? John Chiang? Elaine Yiu?

Quote Originally Posted by TommyH
    Not here! Now that you mentioned it, I just remembered Cherrie's a girl. I've been thinking he was a boy for many months now...until a few weeks ago he told me he's a girl. I was shocked!

SS who you think is the true villain of this series? John Chiang? Elaine Yiu?
    You obviously haven't followed her posts much then. Because all her posts are of her drooling helplessly over actors especially Raymond Lam. So unless She was a he who like guys Its just amazing how you could mistake her for a he.

As for the real villian of the story...technically its John Chiang's Mr Cheng and Elaine Yiu was just his helper. But to me, Ron Ng's Wong Kai Kit was more of a villian. Why? Because he always created trouble for everyone including himself, no matter what he did wrong, the people who pays for his actions are always his family and people he loves.

TommyH
    Unregistered

You obviously haven't followed her posts much then. Because all her posts are of her drooling helplessly over actors especially Raymond Lam. So unless She was a he who like guys Its just amazing how you could mistake her for a he.

As for the real villian of the story...technically its John Chiang's Mr Cheng and Elaine Yiu was just his helper. But to me, Ron Ng's Wong Kai Kit was more of a villian. Why? Because he always created trouble for everyone including himself, no matter what he did wrong, the people who pays for his actions are always his family and people he loves.

well his character didn't have too much of a brain until the end...

Actually, if Martin really did work for Mr. Cheng, that wouldn't really be him. He's a person who is grateful of Wong Yuk Ting and I think the years he had to spent without his father, Wong Yuk Ting who helped him get a good education and better his life, in a way was like a father to him.

All through the series, Martin has always been forgiving towards his father and Becky no matter what they both did to him, he is still forgiving and does not hate them for what they've done. He doesn't care if they betray or fool him. Wong Yuk Ting is his mentor....or you could say benefactor for years, WYT died but his sons wronged him but the same logic as forgiving his father and Becky, he wouldn't really choose to go against the Wong brothers. Although it came very close if not for his father calling him and his father being alive.
    I know all this. I know Martin wouldn't be Martin if he worked with Mr. Cheng (WYT's enemy). That's one of the many admirable traits of Martin. I just hope otherwise because of the sucky treatment he got from WKW while, on the other hand, he got respect and trust from Mr.Cheng (before he acted all suspicious).

Yeah WKK got off scott free and not like Oscar. Martin may have a small restaraunt but I think thats what he wants. If you compare what he had in his hands--Royal Court Hotel, which is really big. The Lucas Restaraunt however small it is, I don't think Martin considered that trade off to be a lost because he always wanted to do something for Becky. And I think it is possible in the future he would have enough money to pursue that Hotel plan for his Dad and him. RDOV just ended too soon thats all.
    Many people has said the same thing u said to me (except the part about Martin having enough money later to fulfill his dad's dream). But my feelings on Martin getting Dad+Becky+small restaurant while WKW got Happy+family+fame+big hotel+riches is the same as your feelings on Mark ending up with Chloe.
    They are what M&M want, but u will still feel they got the short end of the stick.
    Last edited by kidd; 04-13-06 at 08:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyH
    well his character didn't have too much of a brain until the end...
    Actually, his character has a lot of brain, even from the beginning. No brainless person can think up the schemes he thought up for his revenge. He just didn't use his brain the right way and he let his emotions take most of the time.

I really want a sequal for this series. I want to see more of M&M. I want to see Martin achieves his Dong San Garden dream.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    Actually, his character has a lot of brain, even from the beginning. No brainless person can think up the schemes he thought up for his revenge. He just didn't use his brain the right way and he let his emotions take most of the time.
    LOL i was about to write that. that was quite a scheme. But he was hot blooded throughout the series. So anyone notice any hints when did he cool down and started thinking logically?

I think he initially wanted to build the hotel with his dad is coz he haven't found his dad back and he was hoping the hotel would be able to attract his dad's attention.
    可惜不是你 陪我到最后