Page 63 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1353545556575859606162636465 LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 1294

Thread: Revolving Doors of Vengeance 《酒店風雲》

lol what is that ep about? let me rewatch that ep first
    卓羲 *ron* <33 阿峰 *ray* <33 阿怡 *tav* <33

that's the ep where ron's brothers finally agreed to cooperate with him the part when the 3 of them fell into the waters
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

ohh yeah ^^ like it when the 3 brothers reunite together

yeah love their scene in 7-11
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

I just finished watching this serie. And I gotta say the character Martin (Joe Ma) is one of the most interesting characters I have seen in TVB series. Also Ella Koon is so hot I still think John Chiang character should die.

9/10. My favorite modern serie since Cold Blood Warm Heart.
    Last edited by lennyd44; 08-18-06 at 11:00 PM.

oh yea RDOV is an awesome heck series! And grrrrrrrrr Elaine.. Im glad Ron chose Ella at the end and yup she is pretty.

yeah if only i have more time i would be rewatching this...i miss this series
    cherrie

hello cherrie, havent seen you on for awhile.. anyway yeah i would rewatch this too and i think ella koon is pretty and stuff.. but i just dont like her voice, sounds.. too deep.. imo but anyhow i liked her with ron

I am rewatching this. Now, I find Ella Koon's acting too stiff and Kit is way too bull-headed.

Quote Originally Posted by lennyd44
    I just finished watching this serie. And I gotta say the character Martin (Joe Ma) is one of the most interesting characters I have seen in TVB series. Also Ella Koon is so hot I still think John Chiang character should die.
    Yeah, he's soooo much more evil than Martin and Kit.

Honestly, most of the things he did, Kit and Martin also have done before. If he should die, so should Kit and Martin. Martin has also use not very righteous way in business before, like letting out false news to make other sell their hotel to him. Kit, no need to say. See how he treated Martin at the end.
    Last edited by kidd; 08-21-06 at 11:12 AM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

I just think that it would be a better ending with all ends tied up and make it that the uncle died. I mean why is he in a coma? Is he suffering? No. Did he repent? No. So I don't get the point of him being a coma except to make his disappear and make the world peaceful for the Wong bros which is a pretty lame enidng for me.

Seriously, what did the uncle do that was so bad? Underhand tactics are used everyday in businesses, Fred (the uncle) used them, so did Martin and Kit. So Fred is greedy, well so was Mr Wong, Kit, kit's brothers and everyone else(except Happy and Ben).

Seriously, if I was Fred and found out that my bro-in-law was in bed with the nurse while my sister was suffering from cancer, I would bombard his business with attacks straight away! He and his sister gave both their efforts and money to Mr Wong to build his empire. If Kit was justified for all the things he did when he thought Martin was linked to his dad's death, then Fred's actions should also be justified.

And about his attacking his family's business, the Wong brothers weren't doing the business anygood. Fred saw the chance to take over. If other investors saw the chance, they would take it too. Its like if there is a corrupt and weak government, citizens are forgiven when they take up arms and coup to replace the existing government. It wasn't exactly evil, just greedy.

Great, he used his wife, so Kit used Chloe and Martin sort of used Becky. And Kit treats both his GFs like crap BTW.

And Fred sent gangsters to beat up Kit, but he was suffering from emotional trauma at that time when his prized daughter was paralysed. Fred may not be a nice person, but he still loves his daughter. It is alikened to when the Wong brothers thought that Martin was responsible was their dad's death, and went to beat up Martin. It was emotionally charged rage.

And what else? Yes, Fred organized the Wong brothers to misunderstand Martin for killing their dad. Kit organised Martin to be entrapped by his biological dad and also used an innocent kid to trick Martin into selling his shares, Martin used Becky to make Shuet misunderstand that her ex-was having an affair with Becky, and Becky uses her own son to emotionally-trap her lover.

Seriously, I agree with Kidd. What did Fred do that was considered so evil? Is it just because he is named as the main villian of the show?
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

I kinda agree with the Fred situation. He was really just a greedy man blinded by riches and investing but he wasn't all that evil-hearted. I've always thought he wasnt as bad as they make him out to be.. glad there's people who think that way as well.

Anyhow, evil or not I think we all agree and it goes without saying, John Chiang put up an IMPRESSIVE and fantastic performance that couldn't have been any better.

Senior Member superkaratemonkey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis
    I just think that it would be a better ending with all ends tied up and make it that the uncle died. I mean why is he in a coma? Is he suffering? No. Did he repent? No. So I don't get the point of him being a coma except to make his disappear and make the world peaceful for the Wong bros which is a pretty lame enidng for me.

Seriously, what did the uncle do that was so bad? Underhand tactics are used everyday in businesses, Fred (the uncle) used them, so did Martin and Kit. So Fred is greedy, well so was Mr Wong, Kit, kit's brothers and everyone else(except Happy and Ben).

Seriously, if I was Fred and found out that my bro-in-law was in bed with the nurse while my sister was suffering from cancer, I would bombard his business with attacks straight away! He and his sister gave both their efforts and money to Mr Wong to build his empire. If Kit was justified for all the things he did when he thought Martin was linked to his dad's death, then Fred's actions should also be justified.

And about his attacking his family's business, the Wong brothers weren't doing the business anygood. Fred saw the chance to take over. If other investors saw the chance, they would take it too. Its like if there is a corrupt and weak government, citizens are forgiven when they take up arms and coup to replace the existing government. It wasn't exactly evil, just greedy.

Great, he used his wife, so Kit used Chloe and Martin sort of used Becky. And Kit treats both his GFs like crap BTW.

And Fred sent gangsters to beat up Kit, but he was suffering from emotional trauma at that time when his prized daughter was paralysed. Fred may not be a nice person, but he still loves his daughter. It is alikened to when the Wong brothers thought that Martin was responsible was their dad's death, and went to beat up Martin. It was emotionally charged rage.

And what else? Yes, Fred organized the Wong brothers to misunderstand Martin for killing their dad. Kit organised Martin to be entrapped by his biological dad and also used an innocent kid to trick Martin into selling his shares, Martin used Becky to make Shuet misunderstand that her ex-was having an affair with Becky, and Becky uses her own son to emotionally-trap her lover.

Seriously, I agree with Kidd. What did Fred do that was considered so evil? Is it just because he is named as the main villian of the show?
    i agree w/ almost everything u said. the only truly 'evil' person in the show is chloe, wat she tried to do to happy was really horrible, im kinda glad she end up the way she did.
    i think fred was also kinda evil, wat he did was illegal (framing martin for kit's fathers death).

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    Yeah, he's soooo much more evil than Martin and Kit.

Honestly, most of the things he did, Kit and Martin also have done before. If he should die, so should Kit and Martin. Martin has also use not very righteous way in business before, like letting out false news to make other sell their hotel to him. Kit, no need to say. See how he treated Martin at the end.
    Let's break it down

None of them (Martin, Kit, Fred) use righteous way to pursue the goal in business or personal issue.

First off, Kit was impulsive, impetuous and irresponsible in the beginning. He attacked his older brothers because of how they treated his mom. Does he care about money? NO! He loves his mom, of course what he did for revenge is not right. That's still some gratitude. The 3 brothers then compromise and work together to take back his father's hotel and take revenge on Martin. Later on, they use dirty tricks to attack Martin (which led to Martin's father got attacked) but who stimulated and pulled the trigger? Who told the the driver that Martin ordered him to kill his dad? Fred. So Martin automatically became a scapegoat so that they would kill each other (physically and mentally) I wouldn't call that a dirty trick, it's beyond... Would all this happen if 3 brothers didn' t think Martin kill their father? No. They will still be fighting but it won't be as dirty.

Now on to Martin, he promised to help 3 brothers because him and his father owed Wong Yuk Ting. That's gratitude. He uses everything he can think of to help 3 brothers, yes he did use dirty trick to put them in the corner so that they will fight back. In the end, he seeks revenge on Kit and family impulsively because they destroy his life (Becky, his father's death, his plan to build hotel for his father) while he helped them. Of course 3 brothers realize the truth about Martin later on. Now, when you do something to help someone and they're not only being gratful but actually make you suffer and hurt badly, what would you do? Forgiveness? I personally think his revenge is understandable (yes, we are all taught to forgive) even though he promised Wong Yuk Ting to help them.

Now what's the motive behind Fred? Do I need to say it? Money is the root of all evils. Okay yeah, he love his daughter. So what? Everyone does (at least in this serie). Even Martin's father, he does not wanna hurt his son, he decides to hide away so Martin can move on. So Fred loves his daughter but not his brother. That makes him not that evil anymore? He tries to steal his brother's business for long time (he said it). Martin loves his dad, Kit loves his mom (and later his brothers). But does Fred even has respect for his brother? No... Fred may not be evil in business perspective but is that a moral lesson the movie try to teach? No.

After all, it's pretty obvious, the whole car crash thing alones, Fred deserves to die.
    Last edited by lennyd44; 08-22-06 at 11:55 PM.

1. Fred don't have a brother. He is Wong Yuk Ting's brother in-law. His sister and Wong Yuk Ting and him built the hotel up together. But what did WYT do? Have an affair when his sister was sick making his sister died sorrowfully. If I were Fred, I would also have no love for this kind of brother in-law. And he did help built the hotel. He and his sister should have a big share in the hotel. I don't think it's pure greed either. It's not like he's damn poor. He has his own business. He has a lot of money himself. He can do other business, he can buy other company. But he only wanted Wong Ting Hotel. He nearly gave up everything he own just to get Wong Ting. You think it's just greed? I don't think so.

2. Martin not only used dirty tricks on the brothers and Fred. If u listen to one of the conversations between Martin and Mark, u will know that he has also used dirty tricks before against other businessmen in order to buy their hotels.

3. Yeah, Fred mislead the brothers to think Martin killed their father. So, Martin and Kit never do any misleading? Never do any framing? Because they didn't do it for money, it's OK? Also, Fred only do one thing. Pay someone to tell a lie. How the brothers handle the situation is up to them. The 2 elder brothers handled the situation well. But Kit just cared for himself and his way. He didn't care about ruining everyone's life around him just for his revenge. Furthermore, no one bothered to check out the truth first either.
    Last edited by kidd; 08-24-06 at 02:38 PM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Senior Member superkaratemonkey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    1. Fred don't have a brother. He is Wong Yuk Ting's brother in-law. His sister and Wong Yuk Ting and him built the hotel up together. But what did WYT do? Have an affair when his sister was sick making his sister died sorrowfully. If I were Fred, I would also have no love for this kind of brother in-law. And he did help built the hotel. He and his sister should have a big share in the hotel. I don't think it's pure greed either. It's not like he's damn poor. He has his own business. He has a lot of money himself. He can do other business, he can buy other company. But he only one Wong Ting Hotel. He nearly give up everything he own just to get Wong Ting. You think it's just greed? I don't think so.

2. Martin not only use dirty tricks on the brothers and Fred. If u listen to one of the conversation between Martin and Mark, u will know that he has also used dirty tricks before against other businessmen in order to buy their hotels.

3. Yeah, Fred mislead the brothers to think Martin killed their father. So, Martin and Kit never do any misleading? Never do any framing? Because they didn't so it for money, it's OK? Also, Fred only do one thing. Pay someone to tell a lie. How the brothers handle the situation is up to them. The 2 elder brothers handle the situation well. But Kit just care for himself and his way. He doesn't care about ruining everyone's life around him just for his revenge. Furthermore, no one bothered to check out the truth first either.
    i thot the reason fred was kicked out was becuz wong yuk ting caught fred stealing from the company? if that is the case, fred was rightfully dismissed. i think fred wanted wong ting not so much for money, but becuz he felt hes entitled to be the owner. i guess wat im tryin to say is, while his motive may not be completely "evil", the way he went about to accomplish his goal can be consider "evil".
    Last edited by superkaratemonkey; 08-23-06 at 12:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by superkaratemonkey
    i thot the reason fred was kicked out was becuz wong yuk ting caught fred stealing from the company? if that is the case, fred was rightfully dismissed. i think fred wanted wong ting not so much for money, but becuz he felt hes entitled to be the owner. i guess wat im tryin to say is, while his motive may not be completely "evil", the way he went about to accomplish his goal can be consider "evil".
    Fred thinks he should be the rightful owner because he is more competant than Wong yuk ting and he is right. Wong yuk ting is a bad manager, before he died, his company was in tatters, if he was competant, then he should not have left it in his sons' hands cos they both are bad in business. A good businessman should not be trapped by family ties and do what is best for the company, But Wong Yuk Ting didn't. Fred is much more competant.

That's how the business world runs. You are not as strong, you get "eaten' and your company is taken over. Fred saw the family as weak, so he wants to take over. As he said, Royal Court is not the Wong's family's business, it is all of the shareholder's business. Whoever makes teh shareholders most happy, gets the support.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by lennyd44
    Let's break it down

None of them (Martin, Kit, Fred) use righteous way to pursue the goal in business or personal issue.

First off, Kit was impulsive, impetuous and irresponsible in the beginning. He attacked his older brothers because of how they treated his mom. Does he care about money? NO! He loves his mom, of course what he did for revenge is not right. That's still some gratitude. The 3 brothers then compromise and work together to take back his father's hotel and take revenge on Martin. Later on, they use dirty tricks to attack Martin (which led to Martin's father got attacked) but who stimulated and pulled the trigger? Who told the the driver that Martin ordered him to kill his dad? Fred. So Martin automatically became a scapegoat so that they would kill each other (physically and mentally) I wouldn't call that a dirty trick, it's beyond... Would all this happen if 3 brothers didn' t think Martin kill their father? No. They will still be fighting but it won't be as dirty.

Now on to Martin, he promised to help 3 brothers because him and his father owed Wong Yuk Ting. That's gratitude. He uses everything he can think of to help 3 brothers, yes he did use dirty trick to put them in the corner so that they will fight back. In the end, he seeks revenge on Kit and family impulsively because they destroy his life (Becky, his father's death, his plan to build hotel for his father) while he helped them. Of course 3 brothers realize the truth about Martin later on. Now, when you do something to help someone and they're not only being gratful but actually make you suffer and hurt badly, what would you do? Forgiveness? I personally think his revenge is understandable (yes, we are all taught to forgive) even though he promised Wong Yuk Ting to help them.

Now what's the motive behind Fred? Do I need to say it? Money is the root of all evils. Okay yeah, he love his daughter. So what? Everyone does (at least in this serie). Even Martin's father, he does not wanna hurt his son, he decides to hide away so Martin can move on. So Fred loves his daughter but not his brother. That makes him not that evil anymore? He tries to steal his brother's business for long time (he said it). Martin loves his dad, Kit loves his mom (and later his brothers). But does Fred even has respect for his brother? No... Fred may not be evil in business perspective but is that a moral lesson the movie try to teach? No.

After all, it's pretty obvious, the whole car crash thing alones, Fred deserves to die.
    1. Fred is realy really pissed off that his bro-in-law cheated on his sis while she was dying. It isn't just for money, it is for revenge. It is an insult to his sister. Wong Yuk Ting could have waited til his wife died to start courting the nurse, but no, they had an affair in the room next to where his wife laid dying. Fred couldn't accept that! That is his motive! his own travel agency makes more money than the hotel!

As for Kit, he and his brothers targeted Martin because they thought that Martin was responsible for their dad's death. So that is their motivation. Fred's motivation is his sister's betrayal. What is the difference? Except that Fred had solid proof and the Wong brothers were dumb to believe them without looking for more proof.

Fred using the driver to trick the Wong Brothers is like Kit using Uncle Hoi to trick Martin. At least Fred never hurt his nephews (who BTW never did him any good, and were more burdens than helpers), but Kit betrayed his best friend and nearly got his master arrested for fraud. Was he gratified that Uncle Hoi tricked Martin for him and helped him out, no, he wanted the person who helped him to go to jail as well, why? All because Uncle Hoi was Martin's dad.

I do understand Martin's reason fro revenge, but I wasn't referring to that. To get the Shanghai Royal Court contract, he hired thugs to pretend to be Korean gangsters to beat up the Shanghainese men. Is that not deception? What abotu in the US, he and Mark went behind some hotel's back and gobbled up all their remaining shares and took over the company. Martin and Mark are crafty in their own way.

When you say that Martin's reason for revenge was that he gave all he had but all he got in return was hurt and suffering, isn't that alikened to Fred? Fred and his sister gave their time, skills and money to Wong yuk ting to help him rise form a small motel to a hotel empire. What do they get? She got betrayed when she needed him the most and Fred felt insulted. Now Fred was not a stupid perosn, he didn't need Wong Yuk Ting to make himself rich and had hsi travel agency business back then, but he helped Wong yuk Ting because of his sister. The way eh saw it, Wong Yuk ting used hsi sister's love to gain what he had, then chucked her away when eh had everything. Some people just can't take that sort of betrayal. I can't take it. If Wong Yuk ting was my bro-in-law, I would never forgive him.

2. Kit has no respect for his brothers. he screams at them all the time even after the alliance, and used the money that his first for was in charge off to buy Sunny Bay Hotel, not even thinking about the consequences that his first bro would receive. he betrayed his brother's trust and took the money. Did he ever think about his brothers? No, he just cared about "winning" over Martin Ko. He even forgot the grand plan was to gain Martin's trust and then look for a chance. Did he do research on that hotel and weight the pros and cons? No, he just went straight ahead without any worries.

I am not trying to say that Fred is the greatest man on earth, but he not all that different from Kit and Martin.
    Cyril Connolly

sigh, reading all your comments just ignited my irk on the hot headed kit
    cherrie

Default RDov

guess what..its revival time as RDOV will be screened for where i live on satelite on mid november..cant wait