Page 12 of 65 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262 ... LastLast

Thread: Revolving Doors of Vengeance 《酒店風雲》

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    It's been a long time since I watch an infighting-big-family-coporate-struggle series. I kinda miss this type of series. TVB used to like making these kind of series in the 90's. So, this is a welcoming series to me.

Just watch episode 1-2. Quite good. The in and out fighting has already started. So far, I like Joe's and Ron's character. One for his mysteriousness and competancy, the other for his craziness. Ron's character is like Issac/Lap Man x 10. Issac and Lap Man are both rash people and loves their mothers. Kit (Ron) is way more rasher and 10x more violent and very very protective of his mother. But that makes him a very interesting character to watch.

It's also unusual to see John Chiang playing a conniving character. All the characters I have seen him play are upright ones.
    Haha, I agree with you on Ron's attitude. He's really really hotheaded, it's to the point where it seems abit unrealistic
    A dream that really comes true, cannot truly be called a dream.

Default 1st episode

for where i live. in uk..tvbwebsite says its out

having read asianfanatics forum..i read raving reviews for its opening episodes i do hope it scores well for its first week

Kit is hot headed but only in protection of his mother. if you were in his position i'm sure you will do the same thing. at this moment kit is not interested in the hotel business yet he is only interested in finding faults in his brothers so he can kick them out of the hotel. the oldest brother is weak and only listens to his wife while the second one is only good and spending money and playing around with women, however he seems very cunning.

Cool

the series just started 2days ago...it looks very nice to be seeing the way the story is going...but sady i cant finish watching this series...school is starting soon and i have to go back...
    Day and Night ~~~Left and Right ~~~Ups and Downs ~~~Front and Back ~~~Good and Bad~~~

The Opposite of life

Quote Originally Posted by lee_0308
    Kit is hot headed but only in protection of his mother. if you were in his position i'm sure you will do the same thing.
    Well, I certainly won't hit my brother with a car or drag my brothers to the rooftop threatening to throw them down the building.

the oldest brother is weak and only listens to his wife while the second one is only good and spending money and playing around with women, however he seems very cunning.
    I remember the 2nd brother said at the end of epi 2 that all his 'useless son' act is all an act. I don't get why he want to act like that. If he is truly intelligent, why doesn't he show it to his dad to get in his dad's good book. Then his dad will hand the hotel to him. Why act stupid?

Does anyone know how much episode is in this serie???

Based on the MV alone, Ron's character seems more interesting than in the academy.....hope that is indeed the case and the serial indeed does not disappoint!

there are 30 eps

there are 30 eps
    For a serial with a family business rivalry theme, this serial seems too short?

very interesting. when is this series out in the U.S.? especially in the New England area?

ella koon chic seems pretty cute. hope shes good at acting

and once again.. joe ma and kenix whee i think they look good together
    TAIWANESE
    mike he
    vic zhou

TVB
    patrick tam
    moses chan
    charmaine sheh

KDRAMA
    lee wan
    jang hyuk
    kim bum
    shin dong wook
    song seung hun
    wonbin
    hyun bin
    im ju hwan
    kim tae hee
    sung yuri
    han ji hye

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry
    For a serial with a family business rivalry theme, this serial seems too short?

30 is reasonable, as along as each ep is action packed and not draggy or else it would be a waste of time and money to watch it.

hmm the first eps are so far so good eh? that's nice to hear i hope the series arrives here now! thanks toney for the advice
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

oohh i just saw the poster and it looks like it's gonna be good.. oo that makes me want to watch it now.. along with a lot others...

Barber Father Stylist Son

and like a lot others but i relaly wanna watch that...
    currently in love with: Moses Chan and Bernice Liu

Default this series

i must admit 30 episodes seems a little short...for a storyline with so many twists/plots/family rivalry etc.. i hoped it would take up to 35/40..

nevermind..this series is gud enuf as it is..with 30episodes..still havent got round to laying my hands on this series yet..

wat and how many days they show this serie in hong kong? how many minut for one day...? just wondering..
    Favorite Acctress: Allysa Chia, Jessica Hester Hsuan, Ma Su, Niki Chow.

Favorite Actors : Alec Su, Louis koo, leo Ku, Nicky Wu, Kevin Cheng.

Default revolving doors

as its a 30 chapter series..the series will be screened for 6 weeks..i think if my calculations are right..it'll be late september/early october when it'll be over in hk ..but then positive thinking..people will still have this series fresh in their minds..and perhaps will be a stronger contender for the TVB annivesary month

i think normally its lasts each chapter for 45mins (normally) but in hk, they stretch it to 1 full hour..as 15mins of that hour are commercial breaks

great serie, just saw first episode.
    I don't understand one thing, is Joe Ma evil ???

Default revovling doors

aint joe the person who takes ownership of hotel and Ron has to win it back???
    most characters do seem evil..with lots of twists/plots..

how long does ratings usually become available? im wondering how's the rating of this series
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

i'm actually kinda worried for the ratings...since these type of series don't tend to do well in HK...
    sco represent 1969