Page 8 of 65 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858 ... LastLast

Thread: Revolving Doors of Vengeance 《酒店風雲》

I love Kenix acting and she's so pretty too. I really want to see this series!
    Favourite---Idol: Lee Young Ae, Myolie Wu
    Favourite---Series: Jewel In the Palace, War In-Law, The Dance of Passion

Visit The Dance of Passion Blogger

For those who do not understand cantonese, I will try to write down what I have inferred from the trailer:
    From the synopsis posted eariler and this second trailer, this series is definitely in the tradition of business/family drama a la Secret of the Heart and Golden Faith. Even though Joe Ma seems like the leading man, he also seems like the villan or a grey character from the trailer. Ron Ng seems to be a good character. It seems Joe and Ron will be fighting over the hotel/assets. Joe has a line in the trailer (during the kendo match) where he refers to the fact that he has used devious methods to 'cheat' the stocks (of the hotel?) and taunts Ron to get them back from him. From the earlier synopsis posted in this thread, Joe was supposed to be some kind of mysterious inheritor of Ron's father, however, from this line, it seems that there are lots of complexity between Joe's family and Ron's family, perhaps Joe 'inherits' the asset by malevolent means? Also there is a scene afterwards where Joe shoves Ron to the wall, telling him to ask Ron's dad what Ron's dad has done to the Gao (Joe's) family. It would seem like Joe has return to take revenge on Ron and his family. Another scene has Ron saying how he would defeat (Joe?) and kick him out of the House (during which the screen shows someone literally getting kicked to the ground). This seems to suggest that Joe has taken control of the hotel and Ron is to get it back from him. Also, John Chiang (who plays Ron's uncle) would also likely have big involvement in the power struggle (and a likely villan), as he ressures his nephews in one scene, telling them that 'Uncle (himself) has always supported them', and later, we see Joe pointing a gun at the two nephews. Also, it seems like the three female leads (Kenix Kwok, Ella Koon and Elaine Yiu) are either romantically involved or somehow affilated with at least two of Joe, Ron and John Chiang. There is a brief scene with John Chiang and Kenix toasting, then later a remark by John Chiang telling (Kenix?) that she has betrayed him for the sake of a man (probably Joe). A scene of (Ella or Elaine and Ron?) in bed together and kissing in a car, Kenix hugging Joe, John Chiang slapping (Kenix?). The final scene shows Ron with a gun saying 'everything is over', perhaps he is resorting to desperate measures? Prediction: given the recent TVB trend of killing most of the cast off, I think Joe and Kenix, along with either Ella or Elaine, plus John Chiang and several supporting characters will die (and we know that Lau Dan will die as well) . 11 days left to go for the showing of the series in HK... (btw anyone living in toronto can tell me when it is available for renting?)
    Last edited by hiiragi; 08-04-05 at 01:25 AM.
    I felt before I thought.

-- Jean Jacques Rousseau

im now downloading the trailers. hopefully i will be able to view them soon! oh so excited! only 11 days to go!
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Quote Originally Posted by hiiragi
    For those who do not understand cantonese, I will try to write down what I have inferred from the trailer:
    From the synopsis posted eariler and this second trailer, this series is definitely in the tradition of business/family drama a la Secret of the Heart and Golden Faith. Even though Joe Ma seems like the leading man, he also seems like the villan or a grey character from the trailer. Ron Ng seems to be a good character. It seems Joe and Ron will be fighting over the hotel/assets. Joe has a line in the trailer (during the kendo match) where he refers to the fact that he has used devious methods to 'cheat' the stocks (of the hotel?) and taunts Ron to get them back from him. From the earlier synopsis posted in this thread, Joe was supposed to be some kind of mysterious inheritor of Ron's father, however, from this line, it seems that there are lots of complexity between Joe's family and Ron's family, perhaps Joe 'inherits' the asset by malevolent means? Also there is a scene afterwards where Joe shoves Ron to the wall, telling him to ask Ron's dad what Ron's dad has done to the Gao (Joe's) family. It would seem like Joe has return to take revenge on Ron and his family. Another scene has Ron saying how he would defeat (Joe?) and kick him out of the House (during which the screen shows someone literally getting kicked to the ground). This seems to suggest that Joe has taken control of the hotel and Ron is to get it back from him. Also, John Chiang (who plays Ron's uncle) would also likely have big involvement in the power struggle (and a likely villan), as he ressures his nephews in one scene, telling them that 'Uncle (himself) has always supported them', and later, we see Joe pointing a gun at the two nephews. Also, it seems like the three female leads (Kenix Kwok, Ella Koon and Elaine Yiu) are either romantically involved or somehow affilated with at least two of Joe, Ron and John Chiang. There is a brief scene with John Chiang and Kenix toasting, then later a remark by John Chiang telling (Kenix?) that she has betrayed him for the sake of a man (probably Joe). A scene of (Ella or Elaine and Ron?) in bed together and kissing in a car, Kenix hugging Joe, John Chiang slapping (Kenix?). The final scene shows Ron with a gun saying 'everything is over', perhaps he is resorting to desperate measures? Prediction: given the recent TVB trend of killing most of the cast off, I think Joe and Kenix, along with either Ella or Elaine, plus John Chiang and several supporting characters will die (and we know that Lau Dan will die as well) . 11 days left to go for the showing of the series in HK... (btw anyone living in toronto can tell me when it is available for renting?)
    Thanks to Hirragi for the translation!

Thanks hiiragi....you're the best!! So, it was Kenix that John was talking to then slapped? I thought it was Elaine...who I think plays his daughter in the series...But I'm not sure since everything moves so fast....

It does seem like a lot of characters will die....
    Last edited by le FETICHE; 08-04-05 at 01:51 AM.

THIS SERIE look good cant wait to see it I hope it will be a good one..........When it gonna be available for rent in the US? is it after it been air in hong kong then will release in the us or wat?
    Favorite Acctress: Allysa Chia, Jessica Hester Hsuan, Ma Su, Niki Chow.

Favorite Actors : Alec Su, Louis koo, leo Ku, Nicky Wu, Kevin Cheng.

Default release

for those in england like me.... this should be out around the same time as hk release..probably a week later

hey guys! Screen pics are out! Please go here and see ;D
    http://forums.cinple.net/kenixkwok/index.cgi?read=30380

Also, thanks hiiragi for the summary!! sounds so interesting lol xP
    But now, after looking at the screen pics, there's some "happy - peaceful" scenes as well between Joe and Ron, so not sure if the ending is gonna be a happy one.. or a sad one

whoa, this serie looks good! anyone know the release date in viet? heard it was soon, but just wondering if anyone knew the specific date thanks

Default ending to revolving

i think the ending will be a a tragic one.
    it'll be about dirty tricks in trying to win back an business empire (in this case a hotel)..someone / some people may sacrifice thier lives in the process..i reckon

Ella's a policewoman?

RDV airing news?

Translation please? =D =D

【东方日报】郭可盈有信心奪女主角獎

由 郭 可 盈 、 馬 德 鐘 、 吳 卓 羲 、 官 恩 娜 等 主 演 的 《 酒 店 風 雲 》 , 將 緊 接 《 我 的 野 蠻 奶 奶 》 推 出 。 無 破 天 荒 安 排 專 機 , 遠 赴 菲 律 賓 佬 沃 舉 行 大 型 記 者 會 及 燒 烤 活 動 , 並 有 花 表 演 , 十 分 隆 重 。

據 知 《 酒 》 劇 原 定 安 排 在 台 慶 月 ( 十 一 月 ) 推 出 , 但 無 總 經 理 何 志 雲 看 過 該 劇 後 十 分 讚 賞 , 最 後 決 定 提 前 推 出 , 並 獲 菲 律 賓 海 景 假 日 酒 店 全 力 支 持 , 負 責 全 體 工 作 人 員 專 機 接 送 及 酒 店 安 排 , 一 行 六 十 多 人 將 於 下 周 一 ( 八 月 八 日 ) 出 發 , 宣 傳 費 料 花 上 一 百 萬 元 。

虎 視 眈 眈 總 統 套 房
    其 實 海 景 假 日 酒 店 來 頭 甚 勁 , 連 菲 律 賓 前 總 統 馬 可 斯 亦 曾 入 住 過 , 自 然 令 劇 中 演 員 對 這 間 總 統 套 房 虎 視 眈 眈 。 郭 可 盈 坦 言 希 望 一 試 , 她 笑 說 : 「 未 知 邊 個 可 以 入 住 總 統 套 房 , 不 過 送 到 埋 都 唔 拘 。 」 而 可 盈 對 該 劇 亦 充 滿 信 心 , 希 望 憑 此 劇 勇 奪 今 年 無 台 慶 「 女 主 角 」 獎 , 她 說 : 「 其 實 我 年 年 都 有 信 心 , 但 最 後 邊 個 獎 我 都 會 戥 佢 開 心 。 」

吳 卓 羲 獎 未 夠 班
    至 於 吳 卓 羲 雖 然 正 趕 拍 《 亂 世 佳 人 》 , 但 亦 會 抽 空 出 席 記 者 會 。 他 說 : 「 聽 講 有 部 分 人 要 即 日 來 回 , 咁 都 要 去 宣 傳 就 知 無 幾 重 視 套 劇 啦 。 ( 咪 無 機 會 爭 住 總 統 套 房 ? ) 唔 緊 要 , 之 前 拍 都 入 過 去 , 見 識 過 都 好 開 心 。 」 不 過 , 對 台 慶 爭 奪 「 男 主 角 」 獎 , 卓 羲 坦 言 「 未 夠 班 」 : 「 我 對 部 劇 有 信 心 , 但 自 知 自 己 年 資 太 短 , 對 獎 都 係 隨 緣 啦 ! 」 此 外 , 馬 德 鐘 雖 仍 在 內 地 拍 劇 , 但 將 趕 往 出 席 「 富 貴 記 招 」 , 他 自 己 對 此 劇 亦 信 心 爆 燈 , 預 計 收 視 會 有 突 破 。

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://orientaldaily.orisun.com/photo/20050805/ent/0805enew11b1.jpg')

Quote Originally Posted by MirrorMei
    RDV airing news?

Translation please? =D =D

【东方日报】郭可盈有信心奪女主角獎

由 郭 可 盈 、 馬 德 鐘 、 吳 卓 羲 、 官 恩 娜 等 主 演 的 《 酒 店 風 雲 》 , 將 緊 接 《 我 的 野 蠻 奶 奶 》 推 出 。 無 破 天 荒 安 排 專 機 , 遠 赴 菲 律 賓 佬 沃 舉 行 大 型 記 者 會 及 燒 烤 活 動 , 並 有 花 表 演 , 十 分 隆 重 。

據 知 《 酒 》 劇 原 定 安 排 在 台 慶 月 ( 十 一 月 ) 推 出 , 但 無 總 經 理 何 志 雲 看 過 該 劇 後 十 分 讚 賞 , 最 後 決 定 提 前 推 出 , 並 獲 菲 律 賓 海 景 假 日 酒 店 全 力 支 持 , 負 責 全 體 工 作 人 員 專 機 接 送 及 酒 店 安 排 , 一 行 六 十 多 人 將 於 下 周 一 ( 八 月 八 日 ) 出 發 , 宣 傳 費 料 花 上 一 百 萬 元 。

虎 視 眈 眈 總 統 套 房
    其 實 海 景 假 日 酒 店 來 頭 甚 勁 , 連 菲 律 賓 前 總 統 馬 可 斯 亦 曾 入 住 過 , 自 然 令 劇 中 演 員 對 這 間 總 統 套 房 虎 視 眈 眈 。 郭 可 盈 坦 言 希 望 一 試 , 她 笑 說 : 「 未 知 邊 個 可 以 入 住 總 統 套 房 , 不 過 送 到 埋 都 唔 拘 。 」 而 可 盈 對 該 劇 亦 充 滿 信 心 , 希 望 憑 此 劇 勇 奪 今 年 無 台 慶 「 女 主 角 」 獎 , 她 說 : 「 其 實 我 年 年 都 有 信 心 , 但 最 後 邊 個 獎 我 都 會 戥 佢 開 心 。 」

吳 卓 羲 獎 未 夠 班
    至 於 吳 卓 羲 雖 然 正 趕 拍 《 亂 世 佳 人 》 , 但 亦 會 抽 空 出 席 記 者 會 。 他 說 : 「 聽 講 有 部 分 人 要 即 日 來 回 , 咁 都 要 去 宣 傳 就 知 無 幾 重 視 套 劇 啦 。 ( 咪 無 機 會 爭 住 總 統 套 房 ? ) 唔 緊 要 , 之 前 拍 都 入 過 去 , 見 識 過 都 好 開 心 。 」 不 過 , 對 台 慶 爭 奪 「 男 主 角 」 獎 , 卓 羲 坦 言 「 未 夠 班 」 : 「 我 對 部 劇 有 信 心 , 但 自 知 自 己 年 資 太 短 , 對 獎 都 係 隨 緣 啦 ! 」 此 外 , 馬 德 鐘 雖 仍 在 內 地 拍 劇 , 但 將 趕 往 出 席 「 富 貴 記 招 」 , 他 自 己 對 此 劇 亦 信 心 爆 燈 , 預 計 收 視 會 有 突 破 。

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://orientaldaily.orisun.com/photo/20050805/ent/0805enew11b1.jpg')
    Translation:

From Dong Fong (a newspaper in HK)

Headline: Kenix Kwok has Confidence in snatching the Best Actress Award

'The Wind-Cloud of Hotel' (the original title for RDR) starring Kenix Kwok, Joe Ma, Ron Ng, and Ella Koon, will be released following closely to that of 'My Impertinent Mother-In-Law' (the originial title for 'War of the In-Laws'). There would be an arrangment of specialized flight to the Philippines, where a promotional press conference and a BBQ would be held with a firework show in accompaniment. The event should be very salient.
    RDR was to be scheduled during the TVB Anniversary Month of November, but the executive manager of TVB, Ho Chi Wan, has decided to push the show forward after being impressed by it. TVB has received firm support from the Philippines Skyview Resort Hotel to arrange a major promotional event with the entire crew of more than sixty people on 8th August. The promotional event would cost more than one million dollar HK.
    Accordingly, this hotel resort is one of very high profile, even a former president of the Philippines has once stayed in it. Naturally, this causes the actors of the series to revere the opportunity of living in the 'President Room'. Kenix Kwok has stated honestly that she would like the chance to 'try out' the 'President Room'. She laughs: 'I still don't know who would get the 'President Room', but I won't turn down the chance, if it is gifted upon me!'. Also, Kenix is filled with brimming confidence in regards to the show, and hopefully, through her performance in this series, to snatch the TVB Best Actress Award. She said: 'Actually, I am confident every single year. But I will always feel happy for the winner regardless of who she is'.
    Ron Ng is currently busy filming '亂世佳人' (a new series starring Sunny Chan, Ron Ng, and Myolie Wu), but would take time off to attend the promotional press conference. He said: 'I heard there are people (other actors) that need to return (back to HK) the same day after attending the promotional event. But this only shows how highly these actors regard this series.' When asked about the opportunity of living in the 'President Room', he replies: 'Its not important (in regards to the chance of living in that room). During filming (of RDR), I had a chance to enter it. I feel satisifed having had the opportunity to learn about it and to enter it.' (It is now apparent, from this remark by Ron Ng, that part of the filming of RDR was done in this hotel in the Philippines) Alas, when asked about his chance of competing for the TVB Best Actor award, Ron honestly admits that he is not at level. He said: 'I am confident about this series, but I also understand that I have been acting for too short a time. As for the award, let Fate decides!'. In addition, even though Joe Ma is currently filming in Mainland, he would rush back to attend the promotional press conference. He is confident that this series would have the ability to be a conspicuous success, and predicts its strong penetration in the viewing charts.
    Last edited by hiiragi; 08-05-05 at 01:51 AM.
    I felt before I thought.

-- Jean Jacques Rousseau

btw,

I saw some old photos of Kenix in the old detective series and her face looked really round then....did she have some cosmetic surgery help along the way to look the way she does today?

Wow.....one million HK dollars is gonna be spent just for that one promtion on Aug. 8??? so that function is going to be in the Phillippines....lol it seems like such a major event with a firework display and everything lol Even all the leads seem like they are anticipating the airing of RDV lolll

and of course thanks hiirangi for the translation!!!

Default ella

having seen pics...and the dvd that came with "all about men"..i think ella plays a security guard within the hotel..

thanks for the translation too.i hope too she bags some award for her role in the film this year (i mean kenix)
    Last edited by teddybear; 08-05-05 at 01:16 PM.

I want to see Revolving Doors, it has not been released yet here in Holland *pout*! I heard that Joe ma is in it, but i see in the pix and screencaps that ron en kenix are also in it...i wanna see....ah well, have to be patient, eventually, i will see it, probably after 4 months or so:S!

Will this series be released anywhere before HK or when HK starts airing it? its a little slow here in singapore..first 2 discs will prob be available a mth after the show airs.

this serie looks so interesting... I hope it will be available rite after the show air in Hong Kong.
    Favorite Acctress: Allysa Chia, Jessica Hester Hsuan, Ma Su, Niki Chow.

Favorite Actors : Alec Su, Louis koo, leo Ku, Nicky Wu, Kevin Cheng.

Default revolving doors

..that much of a long wait for rental on this series

i know for me.. here in uk, its about for rental probably a week or two after its first screening in hk
    for that i mean not the full series as such..but perhaps the first 3 episodes to start off my craving for this series
    and 6months - 8months later..on satellite i hope

look on http://www.tvb.com/tvbi/index.html
    Last edited by teddybear; 08-05-05 at 01:15 PM.