Page 7 of 65 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757 ... LastLast

Thread: Revolving Doors of Vengeance 《酒店風雲》

The scans and the article did not really reveal much about the drama

Translations of MirrorMei's scans:

First Scan:
    Basically, it talks about Kenix Kwok travelling to this place to do filming for 'The Wind-Cloud (conventionally symbolizes 'dynamism') of Hotel' (the originial Chinese title for RDV), and that Frankie Lam visits her often (how sweet!). It also talks about how it has been one year since the couple married and that Frankie wishes to have a baby. Alas, Kenix has to work in another series after RDV, so plans for a baby would have to wait until the second half of the year. Kenix also laughs off allegation between her and Joe Ma. She is saying how she has known Joe as a friend for many years, and that it is well-known how deeply she is in love with Frankie, as a result, no one would seriously believe in the rumors between her and Joe. The pic on the left depicts a scene from RDV where Joe propses to Kenix (I assume the love between Kenix's and Joe's characters in RDV sparks off the rumors). The one on the bottom left shows three actresses from RDV (including Kenix) dressing up in what the caption describes as a 'magnificent big scene' (perhaps some kind of ball or banquet??). The one on the bottom describes how Kenix feels 'lucky' that she is doing filming mostly indoor during this trip, as to minimize exposure to the cold temperature outside. The one on the bottom centre depicts a roasted chicken dinner of the crew with Frankie Lam.

Second Scan:
    Joe and Kenix is fiming for a scene at Chek Chiu (a place in HK) for RDV. The scene concerns a romantic dinner at a beach with Kenix's and Joe's characters. Joe, being a tall and strong man, still suffers from a flu, and has not recovered at the time of filming. It also talks about how Kenix, due to having to attend a friend's (Tze Tien Wah) wedding, defers filming (of that scene?) until midnight. The temperature has been low in HK at that time of the year, making it physically woeful for the actors to film in the middle of the night, but Kenix feels all the hardwork is worthy in the end. She is saying how Tze Tien Wah is a good buddy of her husband, that she has to attend his wedding regardless.

Third Scan:
    Can't read the content, but the headline talks of how Kenix is handing out 'red pockets' during the commencing of filming (of RDV?) for good luck

Fourth Scan:
    Can't read the content, but the headline reads that Kenix is satisfied both in work and in marriage, that she is donating to chariety to 'give something back' to society
    Last edited by hiiragi; 07-31-05 at 07:32 PM.

Translation of MirrorMei's article:

This article basically talks about a girl's letter of allegation, send to Ming Pao (a newspaper in HK) and the Minstry of Broadcasting and Entertainment, concerning some bogus promotional events for RDV. The girl from Mainland paid to join a 'Roleplaying Contest' organized jointly by an alleged 'Kenix Kwok's Fan Club' and an alleged 'Joe Ma's Fan Club'. The winners of the contest would have the opportunity to meet the actor and actress in HK. During the contest, the organizers allegedly showed an intimate scene between Kenix's and Joe's characters in RDV and asked the contestants to emulate the scene with other contestants (or in my opinion, perhaps those other 'contestants' are part of the scam in taking advantages of the hapless victims). The girl complained about being molested and harrassed during the course of event and also claimed that that particular intimate scene in RDV would be 'harmful' to young viewers. (in my opinion, it is doubtful how exceedingly intimate that scene, if such a scene really does exist in RDV, would be, as RDV is going to be shown on primetime TV in HK)
    In the next paragraph, the spokesman for the Minstry of Broadcasting and Entertainment claims that the allegation contains many doubts, and dismisses the claim as a fraud. Due to the fact that RDV has not been released yet, it is not possible to obtain it even by pirated means thus it is not probable for the 'organizers' to have shown segments from it. However, the spokesman also states that no 'Roleplaying Contest' has been scheduled for the promotion of RDV and asks fans to be aware of bogus promotions that capitalize on the drama and its actors for malevolent purposes.
    The last paragraph talks about Kenix declaring her sadness for the events in the letter of allegation if it is true. It also says that she and the agency she is affilated with is concern with the alleged incident and that she has contact with her fans in HK and Mainland to make sure everything is ok. She gives reminders to young fans to use their judgment in order to prevent fraudsters' trickeries. Lastly, the spokesman for Joe Ma declares that Joe Ma's fan club with fans from HK, Taiwan, Mainland, and Japan has 'offical' contact with Joe Ma and his management, and that the fan club would never charge its fans. (The girl is the story was charged by the alleged organizers)
    Last edited by hiiragi; 07-31-05 at 07:04 PM.

wah la la.. that article was interesting LOL

Thank you so so sooo much hiiragi for the translations! I trulyy appreciate it! XD

Thanks to hiiragi muchooo for the translations!! =D

sorry to all the Ron fans, but i hope he doesnt mess up this series. if you are a avid tvb viewer you will notice ron isnt up to par with his costars such as guts of man, and academy. maybe its just me but i notice his acting doesnt flow or seems kinda obvious. but from the looks of the poster and joe/kenix pics it looks like a good series!

Default revolving doors

having read the international thread for TVB for where i live as i rent the dvds...revolving doors is out

i think kenix and frankie are the nicest couple ever (its like the equivalent of the then Brad pitt and jeniffer aniston.
    i think joe ma's wife is not from the entertainment industry.
    Of course kenix also pairs nicely with michael tao on-screen

Cool

Hopefully it would be good. I have great expectations for it.. being one of only few series I look forward to this year
    Last edited by hiiragi; 08-01-05 at 06:17 PM.
    I felt before I thought.

-- Jean Jacques Rousseau

Trailersss from Kenix's Chinese forum....thx to Che!

Ahhh, can't wait....

http://www.kenixkwok.net/RevolvingDo...ance_tra01.wmv

http://www.kenixkwok.net/RevolvingDo...ance_tra02.wmv

So when is this series going to start airing again? I'm looking forward to it, although I have to admit I really don't like the casting of Joe Ma as the male lead, I think Gallen Lo would fit perfectly in this role.
    A dream that really comes true, cannot truly be called a dream.

Default revolving doors

yes..u will probably know that i am the one most anticipating for this show..amongst many others...

i cant view the links..they say its closed

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    yes..u will probably know that i am the one most anticipating for this show..amongst many others...

i cant view the links..they say its closed
    yeah, seems like the file is removed.. anyone knows of another link?

the cantonese title for that website rhymes btw.. haha
    I felt before I thought.

-- Jean Jacques Rousseau

seems to still work for me somehow....lemme try again...

trailer 1

trailer 2

but here is the direct link to the forum where the clips were posted originally! try again...lemme know if it works this time

http://www.kenixkwok.net/phorum/read...31,30431#30431

O wow!! The 2nd trailer is hot! The 1st trailer is not really worth downloading because they repeat the scenes from the 1st trailer in the 2nd trailer!

I recommend u to just dl the 2nd one, its longerrrr!! haha

whoa.. the second trailer shows how promising this series is!! Much thx to le FETICHE for the links!!
    I felt before I thought.

-- Jean Jacques Rousseau

Quote Originally Posted by hiiragi
    whoa.. the second trailer shows how promising this series is!! Much thx to le FETICHE for the links!!
    Omg I know! lol Hey since u understand what they say ( cuz i dont haha) can u tell us some interesting facts? =D

Okay lemme guess here

*spoilerssss*

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y60/redwine2230/snapshot20050804001016.jpg')$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y60/redwine2230/snapshot20050804001022.jpg') <-- John pays Kenix to go seduce Joe, and.. she probably does have an affair with John too.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y60/redwine2230/snapshot20050804001117.jpg') <-- John also tricks Lau Dan's sons to work for him somehowww lol. Cuz if u watch the shortscreen from awhile ago, there's this scene where Lau Dan got hit by a car and that car is from one of his son. And that son also has an affair with Kenix.

Then there's this scene from the 2nd trailer, where Ron's Mom pounds her head on the floor begging somebody (I think it's Joe), and there's also this scene where Ron's Mom got hit by Joe, so they are probably somehow related, that's why Joe takes revenge on Ron. And thenn, we see scenes where Joe gets beated up like twice by Ron haha. Elaine (John's daughter?) likes Ron but Ron only uses her cuz Ron likes Ella. Ron knows Ella's brother because they're in the same prison together.. Anyways, somebody gotta get killed in the end lols

That's all I can guess .. this is so confusing! LOL
    Last edited by MirrorMei; 08-03-05 at 04:38 PM.

who ending up with Ron??
    Favorite Acctress: Allysa Chia, Jessica Hester Hsuan, Ma Su, Niki Chow.

Favorite Actors : Alec Su, Louis koo, leo Ku, Nicky Wu, Kevin Cheng.

hahaha good guesses....i'm guessing somebody is definately gonna get killed in the end.... actually, seems like a lot of them are gonna die somehow hahaa

Default revolving doors

the date of release is getting extremely closer

how come u guys can seem to view the trailers?? yet i can seem to...... what am i doing wrong??
    guess..i have to wait patiently..and skip reading the spoilers

have checked tvb dealer here..and its not out yet but soon they say..
    Last edited by teddybear; 08-03-05 at 06:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    the date of release is getting extremely closer

how come u guys can seem to view the trailers?? yet i can seem to...... what am i doing wrong??
    hmm did u check this link?

http://www.kenixkwok.net/phorum/rea...431,30431#30431 <-- just go there to download the 2 links cuz that site doesn't allow direct-linking download

Quote Originally Posted by hiiragi
    Agreed! but the trailers seems to spotlight on Joe Ma as the lead..is Joe acting as twins?..thot I saw him strangling himself but I could be wrong cause the trailers appear really small on screen when I played the link.