Page 60 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1050515253545556575859606162636465 LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 1294

Thread: Revolving Doors of Vengeance 《酒店風雲》

I actually like the ending of Mark and Chloe.

Not that Mark doesn't deserve a better woman. He does. But I like this ending because it's true to Mark's description of his view on love. Martin once asked Mark whether he's gay because he never sees Mark dated anyone. Mark responded that if he gives his heart to someone he will only loves that 1 person his whole life (that's why he doesn't date casually). And Chloe is the lucky recipient of that love. True to his word, he loves Chloe till the end.

I still do not know whether Chloe truly loves Mark at the end or she's just settling for the second choice since her 1st choice will never be hers anymore. But one thing I'm sure. Chloe truly trusts Mark. During her most vulnerable period, Mark was the only non-family member she allowed to get close to her. She refused to see anyone except her dad, mom and Mark.

What one person in asianfanatics said is also true. Once Chloe decides to love someone, she will do anything for that person. So, if Chloe really grows to love Mark, she will be willing to go to great length for him.
    Last edited by kidd; 04-12-06 at 01:26 PM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis
    It was me!

I'm not saying that Fred had no ulterior motives at all - he was greedy, power-hungry and vengeful, but at least he had a very good reason to hate Wong Yuk Ting. I am agreeing with Kidd. The business will only suit devious, scheming and hypocritical people - but it doesn't make them evil, just a greedy opportunitist.

He doesn't aim to kill, but Kit does (lucky Martin and Mark can fight back! LOL! ) Kit isn't evil either, but he is more despicable because he sunk that low.

I always say, you can be as evil to the ones you don't like, but you must be at least nice and protective of the ones you love. But for revenge, Kit repeatedly put his loved ones in danger (brothers, friend) or in humiliation (Happy).

He used innocent people too like Martin's dad. He fully knew that Ko San had lost his memory and was loyal to him instead of Martin, but yet he still betrayed him just to hurt Martin. That is despicable and selfish. Fred was not great either, but he never betrayed or hurt his own people.
    Yeah. Kit is really rash and reckless, he's not Martin. Haha... When Kit has his eyes on getting his revenge, he nearly if not completely loses sight on logic and thought upon who else besides the target, his actions affects. Hahaha yeah I'm so glad Martin and Mark is smart and calm enough to think of a wiser way to fight back. Mark is so calm when Martin loses his calmness. (sigh) another thing I like about Mark. Hahaha...That part where he comes out of his room in a blue robe, Awww....so cute! And thats when I realized that he and Martin are also roommates?! I don't know why but seeing Mark in that light blue robe reminds me of a rabbit. It's strange but...hahaha...I think he looks so cute in the robe. Joe is so much taller than Derek, in fact he's taller than most of the guys in series, I wonder if he's taller than Ellesmere Choi too.

BTW, thats a good phrase do evil upon the ones you don't like but not on the ones you love and care for. Cool I'll keep that in mind when I write fanfics.

Quote Originally Posted by Charbydis
    I think those flaws make him more human and easier to attach to emoitonally. I got really lost with Ivan because he just didn't stand up for himself and had no hatred or jelaousy which I thought was impossible any person in the real world.

Flaws are vital for a sense of realism, but flaws with no development just makes a character paper-deep and confusing - Kit.

Actually, I thought neither Kenix nor Jessica did well in their respective roles. But Kenix had the upperhand since she got the "deeper" character whereas Jess's Ching Ti Nam was shallow, predicatble and sort of boring. THe romance factors were thatgreat either. Mybe it was because I like Sabrina (Anne) more!

I thought RDOV was more exciting than GF
    I actually think Kenix's Becky had more calmness and smart than Jessica's CTN.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    This is not from me, but from Funn analyis of Ivan and I do agree with her. Ivan is not flawless. He biggest flaw is he is too attached to his adopted family. Too focus on paying back their kindness. Because of that, he became over-protective of Oscar. Never letting him fall and learn. In this case, he is not wise and also not perfect.

I agree with Charbydis. I suppose Ivan's biggest flaw of being too perfect is still something I find it hard to deal with, although I do like him and Gallen's portrayal. I still favor Martin over Ivan, I think his ability to malnipulate people like moves on a chess board, cautiously and wisely and bounce back when he falls down is attractive (kinda reminds me of Michael Rosenbaum's Lex Luthor ) as well as his filial-ness to his father is admireable.

And who is it that said Joe Ma is ugly? He's not ugly! Before he was an actor, he was a police (or so I've heard) and after that he was actually in modelling, and you know they don't use ugly people as models!!!!!!! I can't believe the word ugly can actually be associated or used upon with Joe Ma! To me, he looks good in his business suit and those leather/suede coats w/scarf, he has the tall stature to wear anything and look good. Yep, he's attractive to me!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Charbydis
    He does care for Becky (I don't think it was just anger which made him go up to her flat and tell her that martin was using her, I think he partly sincere in his words) - they have a very strange connection. Only after she betrayed him for Martin that it was broken. If Fred really wnated to hurt Martin emotionally, he would have just gone after Becky andher son, but he didn't and remained focussed on Martin as his target. But Kit didn't.

I think he makes it clear that he doesn't care for his nephews right from the beginning because he associates them with Wong Yuk Ting. Besides, they are horrible businessmen, and Fred detests them because he can do a much better job but the are given the power instead because they are surnamed Wong. Fred makes it very clear that he doesn't believe in inheriting positions, and only the capable can rise (Yao Nung Jie Geu Chi). That's why he detests them so much, because he perceives them as unworthy.
    Hmm....You've convinced me, Mr. Cheng is not that hate-able compared to Kit's ways. I guess that is redeemable.
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 04-12-06 at 01:35 PM.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    I don't know why but seeing Mark in that light blue robe reminds me of a rabbit.
    That's really strange. Rabbit isn't even blue in colour.
    Human minds sure can come up with strange association.

I agree with Charbydis. I suppose Ivan's biggest flaw of being too perfect is still something I find it hard to deal with, although I do like him and Gallen's portrayal. I still favor Martin over Ivan, I think his ability to malnipulate people like moves on a chess board, cautiously and wisely and bounce back when he falls down is attractive (kinda reminds me of Michael Rosenbaum's Lex Luthor ) as well as his filial-ness to his father is admireable.
    Martin is my favourite character in the series . He is one of those character I said I really really like that keeps me watching the series.
    Yeah, I also like the fact the he can lost his cool and direction and can be tricked by Becky. Makes him less perfect and more human, and thus more endearing.

And who is it that said Joe Ma is ugly? He's not ugly! Before he was an actor, he was a police (or so I've heard) and after that he was actually in modelling, and you know they don't use ugly people as models!!!!!!! I can't believe the word ugly can actually be associated or used upon with Joe Ma! To me, he looks good in his business suit and those leather/suede coats w/scarf, he has the tall stature to wear anything and look good. Yep, he's attractive to me!!!!
    Who says Joe Ma is ugly? He might not be Wang Li Hom hot, but he's not bad looking.

I actually like the ending of Mark and Chloe.

Not that Mark doesn't deserve a better woman. He does. But I like this ending because it's true to Mark's description of his view on love. Martin once asked Mark whether he's gay because he never sees Mark dated anyone. Mark responded that if he gives his heart to someone he will only loves that 1 person his whole life (that's why he doesn't date casually). And Chloe is the lucky recipient of that love. True to his word, he loves Chloe till the end.

I still do not know whether Chloe truly loves Mark at the end or she's just settling for the second choice since her 1st choice will never be hers anymore. But one thing I'm sure. Chloe truly trusts Mark. During her most vulnerable period, Mark was the only non-family member she allowed to get close to her. She refused to see anyone except her dad, mom and Mark.

What one person in asianfanatics said is also true. Once Chloe decides to love someone, she will do anything for that person. So, if Chloe really grows to love Mark, she will be willing to go to great length for him.
    Oh I'm so jealous! Why is Chloe so lucky?!

Every time, Mark looks affectionately at Chloe makes me want to take Chloe back into an alley and torture her Ah Zi-style and then if she happens to die, I'll just get rid of her body and all evidence and traces back to me.

Another reason I strongly and I mean strongly dislike Chloe is because Elaine Yiu can't act that well and she looks like she could be his sister. Geez, what is up with TVB pairing Derek Kwok with such ugly ppl, Sonjia Kwok in LWOLP and then Elaine Yiu (who looks more like his younger sister), I'll just die if I see him having any romantic scenes with Charmaine Sheh!

I just can't get over the fact that Mark can like Chloe from the moment she put that bandaid on his hand!!!!!!! From the moment Chloe met Mark, she had already had intentions of USING HIM and malnipulating his emotions to get her way!!!!! DAMN IT!

Time to take Chloe down to the torture chamber!

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Another reason I strongly and I mean strongly dislike Chloe is because Elaine Yiu can't act that well and she looks like she could be his sister. Geez, what is up with TVB pairing Derek Kwok with such ugly ppl, Sonjia Kwok in LWOLP and then Elaine Yiu (who looks more like his younger sister), I'll just die if I see him having any romantic scenes with Charmaine Sheh!
    I think Sonija is beautiful. She matched Derek very well in Lethal Weapon of Love and Passion. So far, I've not read any complain of them not matching. Their love actually touched a lot of viewers, especially those viewers in baidu forum.

I just can't get over the fact that Mark can like Chloe from the moment she put that bandaid on his hand!!!!!!! From the moment Chloe met Mark, she had already had intentions of USING HIM and malnipulating his emotions to get her way!!!!! DAMN IT!
    He has no experience mah.
    I mean, he never dates and never go clubbing.

Smile

Yeah. Kit is really rash and reckless, he's not Martin. Haha... When Kit has his eyes on getting his revenge, he nearly if not completely loses sight on logic and thought upon who else besides the target, his actions affects. Hahaha yeah I'm so glad Martin and Mark is smart and calm enough to think of a wiser way to fight back. .
    I think Kit is there to give these two a contrast to bring out their maturity and experience. I think M&Ms ( ) have dealt with a lot of loss and grief over the years and have lerant to cope, whereas Kit always either ran away from the problem, or fixedit with mere money payments. he never learnt to deal with the loss and this overreacts, like by sleeping with Chloe. I think it is because he felt alone at that moment and wanted to feel cared for and wanted - Chloe was just there. I'd reckon it would have been the same outcome if any other girl was there. It was for emotional needs - he just wanted to be hugged!

Mark is so calm when Martin loses his calmness. (sigh) another thing I like about Mark. Hahaha...That part where he comes out of his room in a blue robe, Awww....so cute! And thats when I realized that he and Martin are also roommates?! .
    Join the club, SS! I was totally obsessed with Mark while watching this!

I don't know why but seeing Mark in that light blue robe reminds me of a rabbit. It's strange but...hahaha...I think he looks so cute in the robe. Joe is so much taller than Derek, in fact he's taller than most of the guys in series, I wonder if he's taller than Ellesmere Choi too. .
    Yes, Joe is taller than Ellesmere slightly. I wonder if Joe is taller than Adam Cheng?

BTW, thats a good phrase do evil upon the ones you don't like but not on the ones you love and care for. Cool I'll keep that in mind when I write fanfics. .
    Plaigarism!

I actually think Kenix's Becky had more calmness and smart than Jessica's CTN..
    Seriously, I don't know how on earth CTN ever got to be a prosecutor, she is so rash and emotional. Not professional at all. Yes, Becky was smarter.

And who is it that said Joe Ma is ugly? He's not ugly! Before he was an actor, he was a police (or so I've heard) and after that he was actually in modelling, and you know they don't use ugly people as models!!!!!!! I can't believe the word ugly can actually be associated or used upon with Joe Ma! To me, he looks good in his business suit and those leather/suede coats w/scarf, he has the tall stature to wear anything and look good. Yep, he's attractive to me!!!!.
    Frankly, Joe Ma does look ugly and out of place in ancient clothing, but he looks yummy in modern! Especially suits cos he has that corporate feel to him.

Hmm....You've convinced me, Mr. Cheng is not that hate-able compared to Kit's ways. I guess that is redeemable.
    Yay! Do I get a prize?
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

That's really strange. Rabbit isn't even blue in colour.
    Human minds sure can come up with strange association.

Martin is my favourite character in the series . He is one of those character I said I really really like that keeps me watching the series.
    Yeah, I also like the fact the he can lost his cool and direction and can be tricked by Becky. Makes him less perfect and more human, and thus more endearing.

Who says Joe Ma is ugly? He might not be Wang Li Hom hot, but he's not bad looking.
    Its not the blue color that reminds me of a rabbit, but I guess its how the robe looks on him? I mean he's not as tall as Joe Ma and the robe looks sorta big and baggy on him so somehow he reminds me of a cute rabbit. I don't know why and I don't care to find out why because Derek Kwok is so adoreable and handsome!!!!

I wish they'd show more scenes of Martin and his kendo hobby. Martin mentioned that he won't be able to spar with Mark, in kendo anymore. Was there any scene with them sparing? or is that just mentioned? I wish there was a scene though.

Hmm..in Ep 24, Martin knew all along that Becky is working for Mr. Cheng but he doesn't hate her or show anger when he knew it. Although, he looked disappointed when he hinted and said how Becky is so honest and does not lie to him and she went along with it and then he hugged her, he still didn't look resentful or hateful towards her. I guess what I'm trying to say is, he still loves her despite her betrayals, just like he still loves his father even though his father tricked and failed him so many times. He doesn't care. Hmm..I'm still kinda iffy on he and Becky, though. I'll have to continue to watch to see how it unravels.

He has no experience mah.
    I mean, he never dates and never go clubbing.
    Yes he goes clubbing. He went to the club and found Chloe arguing with that Benny Ma dude. But he was all alone! I thought it was cute when Martin told Mark to hurry up and stop going red when talking to girls!
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Yes he goes clubbing. He went to the club and found Chloe arguing with that Benny Ma dude. But he was all alone! I thought it was cute when Martin told Mark to hurry up and stop going red when talking to girls!
    He went clubbing with the wrong intention then. Instead of going clubbing to meet girls, he just go there for a drink and some relaxation.

Hmm..in Ep 24, Martin knew all along that Becky is working for Mr. Cheng but he doesn't hate her or show anger when he knew it. Although, he looked disappointed when he hinted and said how Becky is so honest and does not lie to him and she went along with it and then he hugged her, he still didn't look resentful or hateful towards her. I guess what I'm trying to say is, he still loves her despite her betrayals, just like he still loves his father even though his father tricked and failed him so many times. He doesn't care. Hmm..I'm still kinda iffy on he and Becky, though. I'll have to continue to watch to see how it unravels.
    Yes, that is one more likable thing about Martin. He's very forgiving to the people he cares about. Martin is very calm and calculative in dealing with business, but when it comes to his loves one, he can be very vunerable.

Join the club, SS! I was totally obsessed with Mark while watching this!

Yes, Joe is taller than Ellesmere slightly. I wonder if Joe is taller than Adam Cheng?

Plaigarism!

Seriously, I don't know how on earth CTN ever got to be a prosecutor, she is so rash and emotional. Not professional at all. Yes, Becky was smarter.

Frankly, Joe Ma does look ugly and out of place in ancient clothing, but he looks yummy in modern! Especially suits cos he has that corporate feel to him.

Yay! Do I get a prize?
    Hahahha....I'm already fan member number #1! He keeps his cool when Martin loses his. No matter how smart Mark is, he can't overcome the obstacle of a woman (I'm not going to say a beautiful maiden because I don't consider Chloe anywhere near beautiful, skinny piece of ....stick ) Make me jealous all the time when she's with Mark!!!!!! ARRRRRRRRRRRRGH!

It's not plaguerism when I'm thinking about what you said. che......I'm not using it in word or text. So hahahhaha I'll think about it all I want! you want to sue my mind?

Joe Ma does not look ugly and out of place in ancient clothing! I liked him since his role in JTTW! He was also in Heroes from Shaolin with Deric Wan (I was so happy when I spotted him in there...hahaha)

Yes you wanna cookie?

Quote Originally Posted by Kidd
    He went clubbing with the wrong intention then. Instead of going clubbing to meet girls, he just go there for a drink and some relaxation.
    Hahaha...that just gives me more reasons to wave my fan girl's fan higher for him hahahhahahaha.....awww...so adoreable! Smart all his life but had to become stupid in love for Chloe.

Yes, that is one more likable thing about Martin. He's very forgiving to the people he cares about. Martin is very calm and calculative in dealing with business, but when it comes to his loves one, he can be very vunerable.
    Yeah Mark is very vulnerable when it comes to people he cares about too.

I guess Smart, suave and handsome guys like M&M all have a weak spot for people they love.

M&M rules!!!!

Man....Why can't Mark like Hoi Sum? Just because the scriptwriters wanted Mark to at least end up with someone, they chose Chloe. I mean both women liked Kit. But I rather have the love triangle between Kit, Hoi Sum and Mark than Kit, Chloe and Mark.

Mok Kar Kiu's Wong Kai Yip although not as rash as Kai Kit, I still mad when he and Kai Kit kept on saying mean things to Martin's dad went to explain for Martin. At least Kai Ji was not as bad on Martin's dad. At times, Kai Kit and Kai Yip seem alike but when Kai Kit goes over the edge, Kai Yip doesn't. Its okay with me.

Hahaha...that just gives me more reasons to wave my fan girl's fan higher for him hahahhahahaha.....awww...so adoreable! Smart all his life but had to become stupid in love for Chloe.
    Don't u think that makes him more human? Anyway, no matter who his lucky lady is (provided that lady is not abusive or sadistic or something equally horrible), I still love that everlasting love of his.

Yes, M&M rules!!!

Don't u think that makes him more human? Anyway, no matter who his lucky lady is (provided that lady is not abusive or sadistic or something equally horrible), I still love that everlasting love of his.
    I know, I know. I just can't accept Chloe getting such a great catch! Like I said before their pairing reminds me soooooooo much of Yelut Qi and Guo Fu.

I actually wanted the pairing, since I prefer him to end up with someone instead of no one! I liked how they decided to take things slowly and it avoided the impression that Chloe was grabbing onto Mark as a lifejacket. It seemed that they were goign to build a good relationship.
    Cyril Connolly

Also how the heck did Winnie err Julie so fast to change? I mean sure she really loved Kai Ji but it just seems she went from ebezzling company money to loving wife like a snap of a finger.

And I think RDOV has more impact because theres M&M.........and then theres 3 little pigs (as M&M refers them as) bonding and uniting despite their differences and cooperating to be a very nice touch.

The 3 little pigs vs Oscar and Deric's character, which group do you prefer and why?

Also how the heck did Winnie err Julie so fast to change? I mean sure she really loved Kai Ji but it just seems she went from ebezzling company money to loving wife like a snap of a finger.

And I think RDOV has more impact because theres M&M.........and then theres 3 little pigs (as M&M refers them as) bonding and uniting despite their differences and cooperating to be a very nice touch.

The 3 little pigs vs Oscar and Deric's character, which group do you prefer and why?
    Julie always loved Kai Yip (hey SS, wrong bro unless you watched another version ), it was just that she didn;t show it. I think after she got pregnant and had some separation from her husband, she began to appreciate who he was, someone to care and love her, and for not his money or status.

I still prefer Oscar and Deric's character. Deric actually had a lot of trust in Ivan even though they were at odds because CTN was indecisive, and Deric was far from stupid. Oscar was vengeful but never rude. However, the 3 pigs were rude, stupid, didn't trust or understand each other, etc... Both Oscar and Deric seem to be better brothers.
    Cyril Connolly

Julie always loved Kai Yip (hey SS, wrong bro unless you watched another version ), it was just that she didn;t show it. I think after she got pregnant and had some separation from her husband, she began to appreciate who he was, someone to care and love her, and for not his money or status.

I still prefer Oscar and Deric's character. Deric actually had a lot of trust in Ivan even though they were at odds because CTN was indecisive, and Deric was far from stupid. Oscar was vengeful but never rude. However, the 3 pigs were rude, stupid, didn't trust or understand each other, etc... Both Oscar and Deric seem to be better brothers.
    Cha....I get mixed up with these Wong brothers names with all the Wong Kai____. Of course I meant older brother, hahaha...

Yeah Oscar and Deric were better brothers. But Oscar is so easy to mold into distrusting Ivan and thinking Ivan betrayed him.

I thought the 3 wong brothers did end up understanding each other a bit later on right?

How come Mok Kar Kiu's character never get married? Too much of a playboy?

I thought the 3 wong brothers did end up understanding each other a bit later on right?

How come Mok Kar Kiu's character never get married? Too much of a playboy?
    I think TVB tried to make all 3 brothers have different personalities. He was to playboy. They understood each other more as the series progresses, but they had trust issues and Kai Yip and Kai Chi even separated and fought over working for the uncle as a consultant. OScar at least took a while and trauma to believe that his brother had turned. - these two have got very weak bondage.
    Cyril Connolly