Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Plain Love 1

Banned

Default Plain Love 1

I just finished watching this on TVB reruns.

What did you all think if it ? I quite enjoyed it , although the last 20% of the series was disappointing .

I thought it was unreal how Ah choi even considered going to Kum San with Tien yum . She's a responsible person and she would never abandon her child just like that . Same with TY , it also seems inconsistent with his charcater to even ask.

the other thing was , OK it's possible ( but it bit unlikely ) that Shue Ken lost his memory in the war and ah Tien was kidnapped . but to say then that she waited 30-40 years for Ah Ken to return is silly .

Again this is out of character , surely after maybe 5-7 years , she being the practical person must assume Ah ken's death , quite reasonable and this would clear a natural path for her and Tien yum to get married. Again all in line with the characters and their releationships with one another.

then after all that time , to have Ah ken suddenly regain his memory and the son Ah tien to return at the same convenient time is too unreal and spoilt what was otherwise a good story.

what did you all think ?

Red face not bad...

i thought it was not bad... however i hated the last episode... it was stupid in my opinion...

I just don't accept that Shu Ken got his memory back by looking at the love knot thing he tore off Kathy when they were separated.

I guess Kathy's Ah Choi is a traditional woman so she will wait the rest of her life for her husband to come back. I feel so sorry for Tien Yum! He stayed single as well!

Actually, I wanted Ah Choi to go away with Tien Yum! I felt so sorry for him, but I understand that I will start dissing her character for being a bad mother if she did!
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Banned

>>I just don't accept that Shu Ken got his memory back by looking at the love >>knot thing he tore off Kathy when they were separated.

yes , that's why I say TVB screwed up the last 20 % of the series.

>>I guess Kathy's Ah Choi is a traditional woman so she will wait the rest of her >>life for her husband to come back. I feel so sorry for Tien Yum! He stayed >>single as well!

I don't find it realistic , I think given the circumstances with SK being blown up and the son also lost . with TY there , I think in reality after 10 years , they would have got married .

I mean hell , she waited 30 years , she could have married TY , had a family , reaised them , let them go and still be ready for SK and son's return

so no lah , I was disappointed at this part .

>>Actually, I wanted Ah Choi to go away with Tien Yum! I felt so sorry for him, >>but I understand that I will start dissing her character for being a bad mother >>if she did!

at the train station , yes , of course , but she already refused , but when SK went missing for 30 years - no that would not be considered as a bad mom.

PS. what is the real name of the actress that fancied TY ?

Thumbs up i watch the series becasue of eddie lah!

i think ah choi is the most stupid character of all times if the story happened nowaday, haha! i want her to leave her moron husband no matter she's going with tin yum or not! but i believe she would have a better life with tin yum! it's her choice to be misirable....i don't feel sorry for her!
    i like the best ending is tin yum should accept the love of his cousin, the actress named florence kwok lah!
    love eddie forever and ever!

Did you guys find the final scene a bit where, when Gallen (the son) just came out of the car and asked if there was a Fang Shu Ken and a Ah CHoi amongst the three. I mena, he left when he was ten or something, he could remember his parent's faces, not to mention Gallen (the dad) who looked exactly like him but much older.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

If my memory serve me right, Shu Ken and wife were at the outdoors when their son found them. When u r looking for a person, wouldn't it be more reasonable and practical to go to their permenant address and if they are not in, wait for them there, especially when u aren't even sure how they look like?

Banned

isn't marrying your cousin a bit taboo ?

Quote Originally Posted by rokko99
    isn't marrying your cousin a bit taboo ?
    Depends on which type of cousin. Children of brothers cannot marry each other, and I think in some society children of brother/sister also cannot marry each other too (my mom said cannot, but Lin Dai Yu and Jia Bao Yu of Red Dream Chamber are such cousins, and they can marry each other). But children of sisters cannot marry each other. Yeah, olden day chinese are a bit sexist like that. Also, according to olden day chinese tradition, a couple with the same surname cannot marry either, eventhough they are currently not blood related, unless the couple can prove that their 2 families has been unrelated for a very very long time.

But I thought Florence's character and Tin Yum weren't cousins. Their family are very good friends, or they might be very distantly related. They don't even have the same surname.

Anyway, fmaily prove they are not relaed by keeping a family tree in a book they keep at the "family shrine hall" ("chi tong"). It notes all the children by relatives.
    Cyril Connolly

Banned

Default What sexist ?

it's better that cousins don't marry otherwise the children might end up with a pair of fins instead of arms or as siamese twins.

Wink charbydis is right lah! they weren't cousins!

florence's character wasn't tin yum cousin, the two families just very close friends.

and i also think florence dressed kind of too sexy as for that "man chor" period of the story lah.....but i admit she looked very pretty though!
    love eddie forever and ever!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by eliza
    florence's character wasn't tin yum cousin, the two families just very close friends.

and i also think florence dressed kind of too sexy as for that "man chor" period of the story lah.....but i admit she looked very pretty though!

not pretty , damn pretty

May I know what's the name of the theme song for this series and sung by who?? pls reply... thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by tyh26
    May I know what's the name of the theme song for this series and sung by who?? pls reply... thanks!
    Isn't it sung by Kenny Ho, the guy that played Justice Pao's dashing bodyguard in the Taiwanese (and best) version.
    Have you come here to play Jesus?

Default plain love 1

i dont watch many/ any series of this kind..but funnily enough..this is my favourite one. I didnt like the ones that followed.

i would of chosen eddie cheung any day

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    i dont watch many/ any series of this kind..but funnily enough..this is my favourite one. I didnt like the ones that followed.

i would of chosen eddie cheung any day
    Me too! Gallen's character was too insensitive and selfish. I love Eddie! And he stayed single all the way through!
    Cyril Connolly

Yeah, Kathy waited all her life for Gallen but he lost his memory and remarried and had so many grandchildren. It's really unfair for Kathy.

Kathy should've married to Eddie.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    Yeah, Kathy waited all her life for Gallen but he lost his memory and remarried and had so many grandchildren. It's really unfair for Kathy.

Kathy should've married to Eddie.
    Yeah, but then Ah Choi wouldn't be Ah Choi then. She was traditional woman who was taught to stay by her husband even if he died. I just wished she changed her views!

Sometimes, even though you may think I am mean, I wish Kathy would have followed Eddie to America, but then I can't accept her leaving her son. I am in conflict with myself.

I like this series for its deep characters and view points of the same event.

And to add to the tragedy, Eddie actually had to ask Gallen to go and see Kathy in the end! But I guess that means that nothing but friendship exists between the three now. Which is kind of nice, and also kind of sad.
    Cyril Connolly

i was very disappointed by it. Tim yum had such a strong love for kathy but she still chose her bullheaded husband. i mean tim yum was the perfect man -- perfect gentlemen, handsome, educated, kind & compassionate, passionate about love.