Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The Academy 《學警雄心》

Quote Originally Posted by Versace
    *Spoiler*...............................
    Michael Miu is Ron's real dad in this series.....Ron does not know at all. This will be insteresting.
    OMG. ARE YOU SERIOUS?! Wow...that will be interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by Versace
    Ron is particalarly good playing these kind of roles, strong, stubborn and loud and calm. But when it comes to the opposite roles, such as the scholar typed or a goody-ish, sweet kind of character he can't get a good feel of grip on it.
    I thought he was quite cute when he was whining to his mom. It was so adorable! I love that his character's such a momma's boy. Hee.
    I *heart*...
    [xy] Ron Ng, Moses Chan, Julian Cheung, Michael Tao, Kevin Cheng, Bosco Wong
    [xx] Tavia Yeung, Maggie Cheung, Flora Chan, Ada Choi, Kenix Kwok, Jessica Hsuan, Leila Tong

I just finished this series about a week ago and it's really good! The ending was so sad though, I think what happened to Michael Miu's character was totally unnecessary.

i almost got hold of this series but someone rented this 1 day before i went to the store
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Watching it right now, not really interested in the storyline. Ron's character, Waise and Tavia’s family ticks me off. The training isn't all that interesting either. Fiona doesn’t suit the ‘spoiled’ and ‘rich’ character.

On the good note, I really like Miu Kiu Wai and Ron’s mother.

That push-up scene with Ron/Samuel competing was too similar to the Louis/Wong Hei competing in Burning Flame. Lol is it the same director?

even if i haven't watched the series, i think the competition thing is very predictable. in such series, there's always competition between the two leads. always.
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

SPOILERS............

Actually Michael Miu is Sammuel's father not Ron's. And I really found that the death of his character in the end totally uncalled for and unnecessary. I couldn't believe it when it happened and thought maybe it was a dream or something. It's too bad that his character died because I really wanted Ron's mother and him to get together in the end, especially since he liked her before she even got married. And now that Ron was no longer stopping them from being together then I thought they could have have a happy ending. It's too bad that Ron's mother wasn't even by his side when he was dying.

oh i read the spoilers! so sad
    is this series worth buying or just renting?
    cherrie

buy it!!!
    Fav actors:~raymond lam~bosco wong~ron
    ng~
    Fav actresses:~michelle yip~nancy wu~sharon chan~
    leila tong~

everything up until the ending was good...
    Inferno's TVB Blog - Come visit my blog with TVB series thoughts, reviews, analysis, and more!

hm, then if the rental still have this series out, then i might consider buying this
    cherrie

I jus finished this series it was good but the ending jus wrecked it
    S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    S
    I can't believe Li sir died.. that was so gay.. he like brought those kids up to be good and he dosen't even get to see them graduate. that was so sad. But it was sort of obvious that he was sam's dad.

Tavia and Ron should have confessed their love for each other. that was another stupid thing.

Did Sammual and Fiona end up together or what? i didn't really understand that bit.
    Heroes :: raymond , bosco, ron, roger, johnny depp, ryan reynolds and ronald cheung

IDOLS :: jessica alba, tavia, myolie, miriam yeung, selena li, natalie tong and bernice

I agree, the ending was horrible! It was so sad that Michael Miu could not see his cadets graduate. I agree that Tavia and Ron should have officially gotten together. And the ending for Sammuel and Fiona wasn't exactly clear either. They should have shown Fiona's mother realize that she can't make Fiona do what she wants her to do and accept Sammuel instead of looking down on him. Maybe they are planning for a sequel or something?

oh finally! i bought this series yesterday and started watching this! so far it's so good! i was on the floor when ron and sammul are punished by miu kiu wei by saying that sentence many many times complete with action! im now in ep 7
    however, i read the spoilers.....
    cherrie

Quote Originally Posted by cherrie
    oh finally! i bought this series yesterday and started watching this! so far it's so good! i was on the floor when ron and sammul are punished by miu kiu wei by saying that sentence many many times complete with action! im now in ep 7
    You actually can buy this series? for us here in singapore, we will prob see it released a year from now for sale.

it's quite fast here because it's the china version. actually the latest series available here now is guts of man.
    cherrie

Haha, that part was HILARIOUS!!!!

Is it true that Samuel and Fiona Sit hate each other in real life?

Quote Originally Posted by MsPowerbomb
    I agree, the ending was horrible! It was so sad that Michael Miu could not see his cadets graduate. I agree that Tavia and Ron should have officially gotten together. And the ending for Sammuel and Fiona wasn't exactly clear either. They should have shown Fiona's mother realize that she can't make Fiona do what she wants her to do and accept Sammuel instead of looking down on him. Maybe they are planning for a sequel or something?
    hi

yes i agree, ending was horrible.... but the worst part was just before Michael died. i mean, couldnt the producers allow father and son a little time to feel the father-son bond? i wanted to hear sammul call michael "dad" to the actual person (if you understand what i mean...).

i hope that they are planning a sequel... that way we get to see ron and sammul doing actual police work.
    Make new friends,
    but keep the old.
    One is silver,
    the other is gold!

it's quite fast here because it's the china version. actually the latest series available here now is guts of man.
    China version, which means it's only in Mandarin? No Cantonese?

I can't wait for this series to be on sale here in Singapore! But like strawberry said, it'll prob be available in a year's time only.

yes, mandarin only.
    im now in ep 21 and i love this series! so i guessed it right? sammul is michael's son here? because i read somewhere that michael's son is ron, but i don't see any similarities in their characters. so im baffled all the way on how they can possibly be father-son in the series. but turns out it's sammul. good
    i feel i will cry when michael die because right now im already liking michael's character....
    cherrie

OMG!! MICHAEL'S GONNA DIE?? =( NOO... BUT HEY, I READ SOMEWHERE AND IT SAID THAT HE IS RON'S DAD...SO WHICH ONE IS IT, RON'S OR SAMMUEL'S FATHER? IF SAMMUEL, THEN I GUESSED RIGHT! GO ME!!
    HEY, ANYBODY KNOW WHEN THIS SERIES END, LIKE EPISODE NUMBER {BY THE WAY, I'M WATCHING IT IN VIET ALTHOUGH I WANNA WATCH IT IN CANTO}
    DOES ANYONE KNOW IF FIONA SIT IS NANCY SIT'S DAUGHTER?
    Last edited by 1xclusive_babi; 06-29-05 at 10:29 PM.