Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: The Academy 《學警雄心》

Sammuel is Michael's son, not Ron. The cantonese version that I watched had 32 chapters.

I dont think fiona is nancy's daughter
    Inferno's TVB Blog - Come visit my blog with TVB series thoughts, reviews, analysis, and more!

yay! i really love sammul and michael here! but i do find it quite unrealistic that all of the sudden sammul starts opening up to people. the change is just too quick. im down to the last 10eps. what ep will michael die? will mai suet die also?
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

cherrie,

Which part are u up to? To me, Pak Kiu (Sammul) takes a pretty long time to warm up to people. He is inconsistant. Sometimes he seems to really open up to people, but the next moment, he will close himself up again. Even in the last few episodes, he still need to get away from his cadet friends once in a while, and he still keep his personal matters from Fiona.

Quote Originally Posted by cherrie
    yay! i really love sammul and michael here! but i do find it quite unrealistic that all of the sudden sammul starts opening up to people. the change is just too quick. im down to the last 10eps. what ep will michael die? will mai suet die also?
    Michael's character dies in the last one or two episodes depending on which version you watch. No, Mai Suet doesn't die.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

finish watching this series the other night. i think this is a nice series and i do hope they make a sequel for this. showing how these cadets will fare as real policemen would be very interesting.
    yes, i really can't understand why sammul kept on hiding his feelings/problems from fiona. it does seem to me that he doesn't love her that much.
    and i really can't understand why at one point he's warm to people, like when he encouraged rico kwok and ron; but the next minute he's back to his aloof ways.
    i love this series though. it's so sad that michael has to die. i cried a bit, but im expecting a more dramatic scene. maybe because it was long spoiled to me that michael would die so the impact on me is not that great anymore. and does anyone here thinks sammul deserves the first honor award? well i do. for one, he always presents himself as a very responsible and hardworking cadet. even if ron improves drastically towards the end, sammul's performance seems to be consistent. and would it be more meaningful if sammul garnered the award?
    who here finds tavia's family annoying? well i do! oh how i hate the family, esp her brother! deep ng just can't act and his character is sooo stupid annoying!
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Senior Member KennyLeeJianSiong's Avatar

32 episode is NOT ENOUGH!

some of the storyline aren't even complete. It's like they skipped some storyline without explaining what happened!

They should have make it 40 episode or even 50.

This is one good series. However, the loopholes in the storyline are too many. They try to cramp too many storyline into the 32 episode.

And when Lee Sir died, that was the touching storyline in the whole series!
    Sam and Zoe are FOREVER and EVER!
    Please visit :Codename : Dreams|| Get TVB Theme songs here & here

who here finds tavia's family annoying? well i do! oh how i hate the family, esp her brother! deep ng just can't act and his character is sooo stupid annoying!
    Even Tavia was annoying in the beginning in regard to how she acted toward Ron. Her family was annoying throughout most of the series although I found her dad to be the most tolerable. There were some nice father-daughter moments.

As for Deep, I agree. He's not a very convincing actor.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Senior Member KennyLeeJianSiong's Avatar

Somehow I think Tavia's role in this series is more like second tier. Not much screen time and not much storyline and I think her character Ah Hua, is just normal.
    Sam and Zoe are FOREVER and EVER!
    Please visit :Codename : Dreams|| Get TVB Theme songs here & here

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge
    Even Tavia was annoying in the beginning in regard to how she acted toward Ron. Her family was annoying throughout most of the series although I found her dad to be the most tolerable. There were some nice father-daughter moments.

As for Deep, I agree. He's not a very convincing actor.

I thot Deep was very convincing.

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry
    I thot Deep was very convincing.
    I found him to be better than the guy who played Ryan (I know that's not saying much), but not as good as the newcomer who played Bobby.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I've only watched 6 episodes but it is a pretty good series so far. Miu Kiu Wai is great as Lee Sir. From what I've read, it's too bad they have to kill off his character at the end.

i agree. rico kwok is way better than deep ng or lee yu yang (don't know his english name)
    i think tavia's character here is not that significant. throughout the series im hoping for her character to have more impact on the series.
    cherrie

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge
    I found him to be better than the guy who played Ryan (I know that's not saying much), but not as good as the newcomer who played Bobby.
    yeah, Deep's acting was soooo much better! that ryan guy annoyed the hell out of me! i kept on fast forwarding his screen times, made the series more enjoyable!! lol

the guy that plays bobby was good... but the first thing i noticed about him was his looonngg neck (and fiona's neck) ahahaha seriously, as a newcomer, he's pretty good.

was it just me, or did anyone else found tavia's character unrealistic? i mean, would you get in a car with someone that you didnt know???
    Make new friends,
    but keep the old.
    One is silver,
    the other is gold!

well i do. and i found tavia's change of heart way too quick. one moment she's very in love with ryan, then the next minute she falls for ron.
    cherrie

well i do. and i found tavia's change of heart way too quick. one moment she's very in love with ryan, then the next minute she falls for ron.
    but tavia didnt like ron right after she found out ryan gave her mixed signals, she spent some time with ron, then she started to fall for him.
    Fav actors:~raymond lam~bosco wong~ron
    ng~
    Fav actresses:~michelle yip~nancy wu~sharon chan~
    leila tong~

she falls for ron except her family doesn't like hiim since her brother went to jail because of Ron, but i find that a bad reason for her to stay away from ron..dont you think?
    ` forever&always R A Y M O N D L A M + B O S C O W O N G + M I K E H E <3

i think if she really loves ron that much, she should have defended her love. but seems to me it's ron who kept on making the moves.
    cherrie

true true... but although ron makes the moves, they seem very sweet...i wonder if he had feelings for her when he piggybacked her home? cause i was like "AWW" the whole time...lol

and talk about making moves, fiona and sammuel have feelings for each other but for this couple, fiona is the one making all the moves. you can tell he has feelings for her but why doesnt he show them until later on, but when he does he says, "Let's wait until training school is out, then we can think about dating" or something like that, why not date now?
    ` forever&always R A Y M O N D L A M + B O S C O W O N G + M I K E H E <3

fiona starts getting kinda annoying in the last 5 episodes....