Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: The Academy 《學警雄心》

i think ron and sammul has improved but they still have room for improvement.... but it would be good to see them play characters that they are not used to. i love actors/actresses who are able to portray different types of characters convincingly.
    Make new friends,
    but keep the old.
    One is silver,
    the other is gold!

yes, agree with you. and i think it's always a challenge of good actors/actresses to portray different roles from time to time
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

yep

if actors/actresses keep protraying the same type of roles, they get too comfy and boring.
    Make new friends,
    but keep the old.
    One is silver,
    the other is gold!

yes, i agree with you. somehow i got tired of kenix and jessica because nowadays they kept on portraying the same roles. that's why im happy for kenix now coz seems that she has a different role in revolving doors
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

I found this series to be very interesting because all of it was during the 27 weeks of training. It was great to see everyone change and grow throughout the training. I was so happy during the graduation ceremony.
    I'm watching: War & Destiny, Yummy Yummy

Want to watch: The Conquest, ASITP & EH (again)

Recently watched: LOCH'82, Strike at Heart, Central Affairs, The Academy

Quote Originally Posted by cherrie
    yes, i agree with you. somehow i got tired of kenix and jessica because nowadays they kept on portraying the same roles. that's why im happy for kenix now coz seems that she has a different role in revolving doors
    yes they got too comfortable in the types of roles that they were playing....esp Kenix I felt. Ada Choi, on the other hand, I felt, was able to keep giving audiences refreshed performances. but I have not seen her in many productions lately....

or maybe the scriptwriters have no new characters to offer them...
    cherrie

or maybe the scriptwriters have no new characters to offer them...
    That's true, hehe. But I don't mind seeing them in series, there are a few actresses that I really like.

there are some actresses that i like but i would rather watch them play different roles to remind me why i like them. if actors/actresses continue with the same type of roles then they lose their appeal...

thats why i like ron when he was playing the lisping "ugly" guy in "Guts of Man". but back to "The Academy", sammul was trying to protray the not-so-rich guy, but i reckon he did a better job in "Guts of Man".

ahahah mentioning "Guts of Man" a lot here. dont get me wrong, i prefer "The Academy" because it has a better storyline but acting wise...
    Make new friends,
    but keep the old.
    One is silver,
    the other is gold!

Quote Originally Posted by laney
    there are some actresses that i like but i would rather watch them play different roles to remind me why i like them. if actors/actresses continue with the same type of roles then they lose their appeal...

thats why i like ron when he was playing the lisping "ugly" guy in "Guts of Man". but back to "The Academy", sammul was trying to protray the not-so-rich guy, but i reckon he did a better job in "Guts of Man".

ahahah mentioning "Guts of Man" a lot here. dont get me wrong, i prefer "The Academy" because it has a better storyline but acting wise...
    Yeah, the cast was a bit..weak. I've never seen 'Guts of Man' though. What was the cast? And perhaps Ron will improve because he's getting quite a few series lately.

guts of man starred sammul chan, ron ng, mandy cho, yuen wah, joyce koi, kwok fung, etc. i think guts of man is not that good.
    cherrie

wahts the plotline for Guts of man??? waht are the pairings??? personally i think ron's acting had improved in TA even though i havent watch it yet =D

there's already a thread of guts of man here you'll find all you want to know there
    cherrie

you know, if you compare ron in The Academy and in Twin of Brothers, he has definitely improved! i was bored to tears whenever he had screen time in TOB after separating from raymond...

maybe its coz in TOB, the scriptwriters didnt include character development for ron but in TA, the focus is sort of on ron, thus allowing him more chances to show his acting? but i still like ron over sammul.
    Make new friends,
    but keep the old.
    One is silver,
    the other is gold!

well certainly! ron's character in tob is quite boring to watch. always so good, so bland. but in here he have many outbreaks. but i prefer sammul here
    cherrie

well certainly! ron's character in tob is quite boring to watch. always so good, so bland. but in here he have many outbreaks. but i prefer sammul here
    I prefered Sammul in The Academy as well, hehe. I don't think Ron changed too much in terms of acting, or well..improvement. Whenever I choose series to watch, it also depends on the cast he's acting with.

Quote Originally Posted by laney
    maybe its coz in TOB, the scriptwriters didnt include character development for ron but in TA, the focus is sort of on ron, thus allowing him more chances to show his acting? but i still like ron over sammul.
    Tsui Ji Ling is as good a character as Kau Zhong in TOB. In fact, Tsui Ji Ling is my favourite character in the series after Chai Siu. If the character was played by Raymond, I doubt many people will say the character is boring. It was Ron's inadequet acting that made the character boring.

Ron was better in TA because his acting did improve. He was able to express more emotion here than in TOB.

maybe you're right...
    anyway, back to the academy...honestly i don't find much chemistrybetween michael and michelle...or perhaps because their screentime is limited? what do you think?
    cherrie

yeah, michael and michelle did lack chemistry.
    Make new friends,
    but keep the old.
    One is silver,
    the other is gold!

the part when michelle's sister fell for michael is just too weird to imagine
    cherrie