Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stepping Out

Quote Originally Posted by goddessofhonour
    I'm not sure if you guys have mentioned it yet, but I was wondering what this actor's name was. From the themevideo, he's the one who runs in when Yvonne is going to become a nun or something like that. I know he was also in Royal Monk as Kiem Fei hehe, I've always liked him!
    His name is Chunyu Shanshan. He is not in Mediacorp any more.

Thanks convoy Hmm...do you know where he is now? Is he still acting? Anyways though, how was his character in this serie?
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

i know its a very old series, but i really wanna know how it went after i left, the last ep i saw was when Hong Dou's crippled husband tried to kill Chen Xia. What happened to them anyway? did Hong Dou ever hook up with Chen Xia after the hubby died?and what happened to the woman(forgot her name-she's really beautiful) who was forced to marry the evil bussinessman?did she ever reconcile with her husband and kids? somebody please tell me....
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Idols: Mark Dacascos and Vicki Zhao Wei
    Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

Default hmm.....

anyone here got the soundtrack theme song from chu lu? the song is
    I Can Take Hardship. so anyone here got the song plz give me the link to download the song.

Quote Originally Posted by mythofhope
    anyone here got the soundtrack theme song from chu lu? the song is
    I Can Take Hardship. so anyone here got the song plz give me the link to download the song.
    i recorded the themesong in wav format but am not sure if it is the one youre talking about....i think the title is I can Take Hardship but im not very sure....
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

eh? is it 出路?

Yes, the series is 出路.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

This series is going to be re-run on Channel 8 11pm every weekday.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostdarTeal'c
    i know its a very old series, but i really wanna know how it went after i left, the last ep i saw was when Hong Dou's crippled husband tried to kill Chen Xia. What happened to them anyway? did Hong Dou ever hook up with Chen Xia after the hubby died?and what happened to the woman(forgot her name-she's really beautiful) who was forced to marry the evil bussinessman?did she ever reconcile with her husband and kids? somebody please tell me....
    Hong Dou's husband eventually died - can't rem how. Hong Dou brought her son up selling biscuits and I think Huang Xia helped her along the way. Huang Xia did eventually become a successful businessman, but Hong Dou's son was biased against him. But I think eventually he got togt with Hong Dou.

Ivy Lee's character (can't rem the name) who's forced to marry the evil guy, eventually got back togt with her first husband and daughter. The evil guy became a public enemy (not sure why) and was cornered by the angry public. He eventually abandoned his heavily pregnant wife to escape. The first hushand took her in and cared for her again. They had a happy ending and became successful too in the end, but along the way their first daughter died due to poverty and hardship.

thank you so much janlow ....ive been waiting for a response for ages....
    Last edited by ghostdarTeal'c; 10-26-06 at 11:15 AM.
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- The Spaniard -

Think that hong dou's husband died coz he was being shot by the japanese during the Jap Occupation coz he went to hit/kill a traitor..
    The evil rich men was helping the Jap, so after the war, the masses wanted to take revenge on him.. the first daughter died on a boat.. the family was running away from the Jap and she happens to step on a rusty nail.. They've got another daughter in the end that resembles the one that died in the end... i think that Chen zia guy remain single at the end...
    Last edited by Xin Zhi Zhu; 10-26-06 at 12:52 PM.
    I love the golden 80s period of TVB!!!
    Michael Miu + Barbara Yung = MOST FAV COUPLE

Quote Originally Posted by Xin Zhi Zhu
    i think that Chen zia guy remain single at the end...
    well, that is unfortunate...i really like chen xia to be with hongdou
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- The Spaniard -

Did Ah Ju (Ivy Lee) died in the later part of the series, after she and her husband became successful? I keep remembering vaguely that she did die.

Quote Originally Posted by convoy
    Did Ah Ju (Ivy Lee) died in the later part of the series, after she and her husband became successful? I keep remembering vaguely that she did die.
    Ya. Die of old age i think.

The ending of the series was too idealised. Everyone 'made it' in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by janlow
    Ya. Die of old age i think.

The ending of the series was too idealised. Everyone 'made it' in the end.
    I don't think the ending is too idealised. That's theme of this series - the trials and tribulations of three guys who came from China to Singapore and endured hardships to survive and make it big in a foreign land. Hence the title of the series and the lyrics of the theme song. There are similar success stories in the history of Singapore.

this show has been shown quite a few times. honestly, i dont like singapore shows...
    盈盈道:“岳先生被逼吞食此药物之后,自是日夜不安,急欲解毒。一日不解,一日难以安心。他知道只有从你身 上打算,才能得到解药。”

令狐冲道:“这个自然。我是你的心肝宝贝,也只有用我,才能向你换到解药。”

我乃逍遥人,自然逍遥去。 - Fearless

Quote Originally Posted by Fearless
    this show has been shown quite a few times. honestly, i dont like singapore shows...
    really? shown quite a few times where?

really? shown quite a few times where?
    on channel eight. i recalling watching it when i was a few years younger.

我乃逍遥人,自然逍遥去。 - Fearless

Quote Originally Posted by Fearless
    on channel eight. i recalling watching it when i was a few years younger.
    Are you sure you were not watching the original broadcast? I don't remember it being repeated before the current repeat.

Are you sure you were not watching the original broadcast? I don't remember it being repeated before the current repeat.
    hmm.. probably then. but shows like this often got shown again on afternoons like 3pm back in those days.

我乃逍遥人,自然逍遥去。 - Fearless