Thread: One Sentence Series Gists (**Beware of Spoilers!!!**)

Talking One Sentence Series Gists (**Beware of Spoilers!!!**)

I'll start off with some examples.

Qin Wang Li Shi Min: Li Shi Min loses the princess, but gets the Crown.

Misleading Track: Evil Ben murders and manipulates many, but is eventually caught when he himself is manipulated.

Tou Du (a.k.a. Wei Xian Lu Cheng): Smuggling humans is a high-profit business, but there are good reasons why it's illegal.

My Love Patzzi: Amusement park girl Yang Song Er is caught in a friendly love triangle, but chooses the easy way out by not making a definitive decision.

Zhi Zun Hong Yan (a.k.a. The Legend of Wu Mei Niang): The sad love story of Wu Mei Niang and Li Jun Xian distorts history, but doesn't deprive China of its only female emperor.

Have fun, but no run-ons please.
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 03-23-05 at 01:13 PM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

This is tough. ill have to think of some before posting anymore :P

I totally forgot about this thread. I guess it's just too much of a challenge, eh?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Devil Desciple - parodies of all wuxia stories with an ending u never seen before

Return of the Cuckoo - a man that cannot speak gets involve in a love triangle with his non-blood related sister and her BF (also his best friend).

Brink of Law - a former lawyer does everything possible to get revenge for his dad, best friend, and other people by working undercover (infernal affairs style).
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Xiao Ao Jiang Hu(2001)- Li Hu Chong faced many difficult challenges within his clan and the Martial World, but he was to be able to restore order in the Sun clan and able to be with his lover, Ren Ying Ying (female). Loads of friends and foes, in this one kinda complicated.

Ba Hao Dang Po (Pawnshop No.8)- In life, everything has a price and an heavy cost. Would your own life be considered more important than exchanging for a material good?, "Human greed and desire!"

lol those are more than one sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge
    I guess it's just too much of a challenge, eh?
    No way! Don't underestimate us SPCNET-ers I'm all about being concise - it's laziness. In fact, I'll do three of each place (except Japan and Singapore).

KOREAN
    Full House - Song Hye Kyo and Rain argue while living in a house but then fall in love as expected.
    Autumn in My Heart - Love triangle between SHK, SSH, and WB, with two practically siblings falling in love, but eventually SHK gets the stereotypical nose bleed and dies of leukemia in a death that is entirely too dragged out.
    Dae Jang Geum - Audiences sit through almost the life of Dae Jang Geum, a smart doctor (who is dumb at times), in a (predictable and loooong) story that spans from parents/birth to her reunion with her love.

TAIWANESE
    Dou Yu - Guo Pinchao is so hot
    Okay, I'll try again -- bad boy finds good girl, boy and girl fall in love, boy and girl fight, good girl becomes bad girl, boy and girl reconcile, all in the background of a few fights here and there. That was a run-on.
    Wang Zi Bian Qing Wa - The guy loses his memory 309582305 times that you'd think he'd be dead by now, but as expected, he ends up with the girl.
    Meteor Garden - Poor, opinionated girl Shan Cai and rich, arrogant boy Dao Ming Si fall in love after numerous obstacles. Now that I think about it, aside from the memory part (actually MG 2 unfortunately took that theme), WZBQW ripped A LOT off of this series.

MAINLAND
    Fen Hong Nv Lang - Four very funny, single girls with distinct personalities live together, and each sparks on their own adventure that includes guys, other jealous girls, and lots of laughter.
    Moment in Peking - An introspective view on the lives of three relatively well-off families - Yao, Zeng, and Niu - as they are affected by both personal relationships and the more large scale events occuring in China towards the early 20th century.
    Chinese Paladin - Xiao Yao picks Ling'er (the wrong girl) over Yueru, but it matters little since everyone dies in the end except for Xiaoyao and his baby.

TVB
    War and Beauty - A bunch of girls want the Emperor's attention (to the point where they are all rather female doggish).
    Golden Faith - A group (and rather dumb - make that REALLY dumb - group, in my opinion) of people scramble for a family's fortune like Europeans scrambled for Africa, with a few romances sprinkled in.
    Life Made Simple - A look into the mind of A Wang, a mentally challenged individual who likes Jessica Hsuan, who happens to like Bosco Wong (who is rather fine in this movie for him).

I watched a lot of pointless series now that I think about it.
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky
    lol those are more than one sentence.

No way! Don't underestimate us SPCNET-ers I'm all about being concise - it's laziness. In fact, I'll do three of each place (except Japan and Singapore).

KOREAN
    Full House - Song Hye Kyo and Rain argue while living in a house but then fall in love as expected.
    Autumn in My Heart - Love triangle between SHK, SSH, and WB, with two practically siblings falling in love, but eventually SHK gets the stereotypical nose bleed and dies of leukemia in a death that is entirely too dragged out.
    Dae Jang Geum - Audiences sit through almost the life of Dae Jang Geum, a smart doctor (who is dumb at times), in a (predictable and loooong) story that spans from parents/birth to her reunion with her love.

TAIWANESE
    Dou Yu - Guo Pinchao is so hot
    Okay, I'll try again -- bad boy finds good girl, boy and girl fall in love, boy and girl fight, good girl becomes bad girl, boy and girl reconcile, all in the background of a few fights here and there. That was a run-on.
    Wang Zi Bian Qing Wa - The guy loses his memory 309582305 times that you'd think he'd be dead by now, but as expected, he ends up with the girl.
    Meteor Garden - Poor, opinionated girl Shan Cai and rich, arrogant boy Dao Ming Si fall in love after numerous obstacles. Now that I think about it, aside from the memory part (actually MG 2 unfortunately took that theme), WZBQW ripped A LOT off of this series.

MAINLAND
    Fen Hong Nv Lang - Four very funny, single girls with distinct personalities live together, and each sparks on their own adventure that includes guys, other jealous girls, and lots of laughter.
    Moment in Peking - An introspective view on the lives of three relatively well-off families - Yao, Zeng, and Niu - as they are affected by both personal relationships and the more large scale events occuring in China towards the early 20th century.
    Chinese Paladin - Xiao Yao picks Ling'er (the wrong girl) over Yueru, but it matters little since everyone dies in the end except for Xiaoyao and his baby.

TVB
    War and Beauty - A bunch of girls want the Emperor's attention (to the point where they are all rather female doggish).
    Golden Faith - A group (and rather dumb - make that REALLY dumb - group, in my opinion) of people scramble for a family's fortune like Europeans scrambled for Africa, with a few romances sprinkled in.
    Life Made Simple - A look into the mind of A Wang, a mentally challenged individual who likes Jessica Hsuan, who happens to like Bosco Wong (who is rather fine in this movie for him).

I watched a lot of pointless series now that I think about it.
    wow u watch quite a lot of series from different languages

8 heroes : a guy recruits 7 other ppl (each w/ a kind of specialty) and go off fighting the corrupted ppl in the overnment

Korean:
    Save the Last dance for Me: Rebellious rich boy loses memory multiple times, first forgetting his rich fiance and then later the farm girl he really loves, add a jealous business partner and you get a long-winding love rectangle.

Stairway To Heaven: Cindrella story where Cindrella loses her memory due to crazy *****y stepsister's jealous plot steal Prince Charming and stepbrother's love for her, but when she remembers who she is again, she ends up dying due to eye cancer and her stepbrother sacrifices himself, only not to save her (POINTLESS!).

Firebird: Rich girl and poor boy fall in love at a young age and move out, but due to philsophical differences in viewpoints, break off, and meet again 20 years later when the girl's now a poor life helper and he's a successful business, but eventually end up together despite a love rectangle involving his crippled fiance and her new rich boyfriend.

My Girl: Comedy of liar girl gets recruited by rich guy to pass off as his long-lost cousin to save rich grandfather's life, but eventually they fall in love and end up together despite obstacles surrounding his scheming tennis star ex-girlfriend and cousin who loves liar girl.

Only You: Poor girl has a one night stand with rich guy and gets pregnant, but the father doesn't know due to misunderstandings with friend who loves her, and they meet again 6 years later when she's trying to become a chef and he's a restuarant manager, but eventually get together despite class differences and scheming lovers.

That was way too many run on sentences, but gotta study for test. Will correct later.

TVB

To Catch the Uncatchable-"Dejected detective solves cases alongside with an insurance sales woman while arguing, only to eventually love each other and never end with each other due to his untimely death."

Eternal Happiness, " A feminist during the Yuan dynasty who seeks her own independence in life and love and ends up living happily ever after with good boy.

La Femme Desperado," About a group of women struggling to live happily in the working-modern era but eventually gets a bittersweet ending."

Women on the Run
    ," Four women who have no luck in love at all but ends being affiliate in cases with detective played by Nat Chan"

Dance of Passion,"
    Basically War an Beauty set in a desert."

Healing Hands III
    ," A series that looks into the lives of the doctors in and outside of the hospital."

Into Thin Air,
    " Man chooses to become a PI due to his missing son ends up only to find that the wife hid the son."

Face to Fate," Another typical good versus evil wuxia."

Lethal Weapons and Passion, " Guy is ambitous to restore Yuan dynasty but gives up for the common good of people and love."

Revolving Door of Vengence, " A family of three brothers learns to come together to fight off one man who pretended to ruin the family's business."

Shade of Truth, " A parody of Infernal Affairs and Water Margin where reincarnation of Mo Chung ends with Poon Gum Lin DO end up with each other."

Korea

Hotelier
    , " Man who set out to destroy a hotel for revenge gives up for love."

Winter Sonata, " Childhood friends but split apart due to boy losing his memory due to car accident; only when he regains his memories he loses his eyesight."

Romance,
    " A forbidden tale of teacher and student falling in love with each other only they DO end with each other."

Glass Shoes
    , " A girl, who loses memory when young only to find that she indeed from a rich family, finally finds her true loves but marries a rebound."

Japan

Pride," Bad boy, but good at heart, falls for a simple office worker and ends with her."

1 Litre of Tears," Girl gets incurable disease and slowly dies every episodes while trying to live life to her fullest."

Hana Yori Dango," A typical story of poor girl an rich boy who struggles in their relationship due to status."

Orange Days," A mute girl who falls in love with a kind hearted boy while discovering about life all together."

Mainland

ROCH06;" Basically a tabooed relationship between teacher and student who must split up for 16 years to realize they can live with each other in peace."
    Last edited by Sugar; 03-15-07 at 11:12 PM.
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

The Snow Queen: "I love her but I'm responsible in the death of her brother"

The Snow Queen: "I love him but I'm dying of cancer, life sucks!!!"

The Snow Queen: "That oppa is cool, he is my chauffer!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208
    The Snow Queen: "I love her but I'm responsible in the death of her brother"

The Snow Queen: "I love him but I'm dying of cancer, life sucks!!!"

The Snow Queen: "That oppa is cool, he is my chauffer!!!"
    i think we're suppose to state a summary not a famous line or quote :P

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR
    i think we're suppose to state a summary not a famous line or quote :P
    nope, that is not a line in the drama, its still a summary, I just make it more interesting...

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

So this is another version

Snow Queen: "A boxer and a math-genius with a trouble past falling in love with a dying cancer-stricken sassy girl"

Snow Queen: "A math-genius who fall from grace and became a boxer, found a woman, fall in love, became a math-genius again and then lost her in the end."

Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208
    So this is another version

Snow Queen: "A boxer and a math-genius with a trouble past falling in love with a dying cancer-stricken sassy girl"

Snow Queen: "A math-genius who fall from grace and became a boxer, found a woman, fall in love, became a math-genius again and then lost her in the end."
    creative and funny

It started with a kiss: silly girl chases genius introverted guy who at first finds her annoying but at the last minute, after a series of entertaining crisises, eventually realizes he has fallen for her simple-minded optimism and ditches his business-influenced-partnership-created fiance and snatches her away in the nick of time from another old admirer.

Joe & ariel Rock!! sorry for the run-on... need practice

why's he hiding in there? perve.