Page 10 of 237 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 20 60 110 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 4735

Thread: Hu Ge (胡歌)

  1. #181
    Senior Member 0-0-0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jiang Hu
    Posts
    6,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky
    It does seem that she's better friends with Hu Ge...I believe Hu Ge said that he would prefer a girl like Yue Ru (who is Ady's character) over Ling Er (LYF's character).
    Yea, i think i remember him saying that as well. It certainly showed on screen

    I was pretty disappointed with the songs he released though. I really loved Liu Yue De Yu, but the songs he's released later have been pretty mediocre and not all that catchy.

  2. #182
    Senior Member big master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    in my house:)
    Posts
    3,242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky
    Oh oops I misread your post...Ling'er is pretty annoying at times, but the good thing is that although she's female lead, Ady has more screen time during the episodes when Ady is alive. When Ady's character dies, something is just missing from the series.

    Ady isn't too old herself. She's 26, I think, and given that she didn't have too much experience prior to Xian Jian, her performance was exceptional. It does seem that she's better friends with Hu Ge...I believe Hu Ge said that he would prefer a girl like Yue Ru (who is Ady's character) over Ling Er (LYF's character). Out of her co-stars, LYF seems better friends with Jimmy Lin and HXM than with Hu Ge.
    spark, did u not like lyf better than ayx? n ling er better than yue ru?

    i read in ur earlier post at the xian qian thread

  3. #183
    Senior Member beanybeans's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    2,142

    Default

    So just curious, was Hu Ge's voice dubbed in Liao Zhai, Chinese Paladin, and TWFX? If so, did he dub over his own voice in any of them?

  4. #184
    Senior Member ellledubs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    310

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by big master
    Xian qian has 38 episodes...almost the same as twfx....shao nian yang jia jiang is a series, an ancient one...mainly about the yang clan but this version is so well done compared to alec su's last 2004. hu ge's character in xian qian is very diffrent from twfx...he is more sly in xian qian but i like him better in tw...no, lyf's mom is not in xian qian, i mean, the character or the role that is supposed to be ling er (lyf's char's) mom. yep, he likes both girls there...the ending...id rather not tell unless its ok for u coz it wud be a spoiler?

    i hate sai jin too! blinded by crazy love!!! that is a complete act of foolishness! n i so hate the fact that she is so helpless all the tym!!! hao qi is also irritating...but i kinda got interested with his character towards the latter parts...he did ok as a baddie...but tae was hilarious he n hu ge was my fave in tw...oh, n liitle 7 n lao fu tze and tong yong's mom n pop n the fish in the first part of course, i wil never forget that cute ol' to di gong
    omg, me too.. I liked all the chars you liked! Hao qi was irritating but he's ok as a bad guy cuz you understood him.. I also loved hg's parents.. they were such great parents, no wonder they had sucha good son! Xiao 7 is super awesome.. lao fu zi was ok, sometimes he bugged me.. his whole giving up on the Er gong zhu, giving his heart to the cat and all that. But he was wise so I liked him. OK, tu di gong gong was super cute! I loved his character.. and he was so funny as a woman.. hahahahahaha.. I really liked him, super cute old folk. haha..

    Dong yong had crazy committed love for Xiao 7 but at least he also had reason and wasn't completely out of his mind. His committed love was admirable, not crazy. (I'm remembering hte scene when he was upset that he got his memory back because it was so painful). As for Sai Jin, she was too crazy. Like, I understand there's committed love, but her is like, over the top and makes love look like it's on crack or something!

    You don't have to tell me the ending to xian jian.. I do know that it's a sad one and everyone dies, right?

    I'll be finishing TWFX soon! love HU GE! and I like how he has the "Shanghainese boy" look to him.. like, completely.. you know, the tall, slim, fair skinned with cheekbones look.. it's very typical shanghai from what I hear and have observed. haha, yay Hu Ge!

  5. #185
    Senior Member big master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    in my house:)
    Posts
    3,242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ellledubs
    omg, me too.. I liked all the chars you liked! Hao qi was irritating but he's ok as a bad guy cuz you understood him.. I also loved hg's parents.. they were such great parents, no wonder they had sucha good son! Xiao 7 is super awesome.. lao fu zi was ok, sometimes he bugged me.. his whole giving up on the Er gong zhu, giving his heart to the cat and all that. But he was wise so I liked him. OK, tu di gong gong was super cute! I loved his character.. and he was so funny as a woman.. hahahahahaha.. I really liked him, super cute old folk. haha..

    Dong yong had crazy committed love for Xiao 7 but at least he also had reason and wasn't completely out of his mind. His committed love was admirable, not crazy. (I'm remembering hte scene when he was upset that he got his memory back because it was so painful). As for Sai Jin, she was too crazy. Like, I understand there's committed love, but her is like, over the top and makes love look like it's on crack or something!

    You don't have to tell me the ending to xian jian.. I do know that it's a sad one and everyone dies, right?

    I'll be finishing TWFX soon! love HU GE! and I like how he has the "Shanghainese boy" look to him.. like, completely.. you know, the tall, slim, fair skinned with cheekbones look.. it's very typical shanghai from what I hear and have observed. haha, yay Hu Ge!
    nope, not everyone died, hu ge did not die hehehe.
    yep, to di gong was so funny as a woman or as a carrot bwahahahaha
    n 2 thumbs up on ur statement on dong yonghaving such good parents, thus, becoming such a good son
    sai jin was blah...pathetic!
    lao fu tse was even better (tse kwan ho) in xian qian

  6. #186
    Senior Member big master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    in my house:)
    Posts
    3,242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by beanybeans
    So just curious, was Hu Ge's voice dubbed in Liao Zhai, Chinese Paladin, and TWFX? If so, did he dub over his own voice in any of them?
    dunno if its dubbed but the voices on all 3 series sounded the same to me...

  7. #187
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,375

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0
    Yea, i think i remember him saying that as well. It certainly showed on screen

    I was pretty disappointed with the songs he released though. I really loved Liu Yue De Yu, but the songs he's released later have been pretty mediocre and not all that catchy.
    I think Hu Ge shows potential, although his "Liu Yue De Yu" was not very good live. Then again, at least he bothers to sing live, unlike so many other artists nowadays. What songs has he released lately?

    As for chemistry, there was way more between Hu Ge and Ady. Between Hu Ge and LYF it was just awkward - many people (particularly LYF fans) say it's the age difference...although when you think about it, Jimmy Lin is way older than LYF too, and they seem good friends.

    Quote Originally Posted by big master
    spark, did u not like lyf better than ayx? n ling er better than yue ru?

    i read in ur earlier post at the xian qian thread
    It was sarcasm on my part (although it seems only 0-0-0 got it), but some people took it so literally that I didn't bother explaining.
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

  8. #188
    Senior Member ellledubs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    310

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky
    I think Hu Ge shows potential, although his "Liu Yue De Yu" was not very good live. Then again, at least he bothers to sing live, unlike so many other artists nowadays. What songs has he released lately?

    As for chemistry, there was way more between Hu Ge and Ady. Between Hu Ge and LYF it was just awkward - many people (particularly LYF fans) say it's the age difference...although when you think about it, Jimmy Lin is way older than LYF too, and they seem good friends.


    It was sarcasm on my part (although it seems only 0-0-0 got it), but some people took it so literally that I didn't bother explaining.
    about the Hu Ge and LYF thing, I sensed that. I saw pix of Hu Ge with Ariel and another with Ady and I noticed there were some of the same pix floating around but with LYF being pasted on to replaced them. And I was thinking, are there not good photos of LYF geting along with HG that they have to paste her into other pix where he's friends with other actresses? I wonder who photoshopped those photos though... it's kinda odd

    yea, Jimmy's way older, but I think it's all about personality. But it's just like in normal life, there are people who are closer to each other than others.

    Does anyone know what awards HG has gotten if he has received any?

  9. #189
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,375

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ellledubs
    about the Hu Ge and LYF thing, I sensed that. I saw pix of Hu Ge with Ariel and another with Ady and I noticed there were some of the same pix floating around but with LYF being pasted on to replaced them. And I was thinking, are there not good photos of LYF geting along with HG that they have to paste her into other pix where he's friends with other actresses? I wonder who photoshopped those photos though... it's kinda odd

    yea, Jimmy's way older, but I think it's all about personality. But it's just like in normal life, there are people who are closer to each other than others.
    I kind of got the feeling that Hu Ge was never really too close with LYF, and you can notice in Chinese Paladin itself. You see this effort to create chemistry, but it just doesn't feel natural. It probably is about personality. LYF strikes me as kind of shy, based on interviews...in one-on-one interviews she doesn't seem too shy, but whenever they do group interviews of a particular series, LYF never seems to talk unless someone asks a question. Not that being shy is a bad thing...just taking a guess that maybe Ady is more outgoing? If she isn't outgoing, then even more "wow's" for her performance in Chinese Paladin.

    As far as Jimmy and LYF go, they seem to have a good relationship, but I didn't sense much chemistry in TLBB either. They have better chemistry in that MV they made together. LYF and HXM have posed in pics together, but I didn't feel they had much chemistry in ROCH either.

    Quote Originally Posted by ellledubs
    Does anyone know what awards HG has gotten if he has received any?
    I don't know about any awards as of late, but back in June 2006 he won Most Popular Mainland Actor, which is a pretty big accomplishment for a relatively new actor. He also beat Huang Xiaoming, who was second I think but had the whole ROCH thing going for him. I think Zhao Wei won Most Popular Actress, with Liu Yifei in second.
    Last edited by Sparky; 01-22-07 at 06:07 PM.
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

  10. #190
    Senior Member big master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    in my house:)
    Posts
    3,242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky
    It was sarcasm on my part (although it seems only 0-0-0 got it), but some people took it so literally that I didn't bother explaining.
    oh...i sort of had a feeling it was (sarcasm, i mean)...but lyf_linger's reply regarding ur post got me confused since u didnt made a reply for it hehehe ...

  11. #191
    Senior Member ellledubs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    310

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky
    I kind of got the feeling that Hu Ge was never really too close with LYF, and you can notice in Chinese Paladin itself. You see this effort to create chemistry, but it just doesn't feel natural. It probably is about personality. LYF strikes me as kind of shy, based on interviews...in one-on-one interviews she doesn't seem too shy, but whenever they do group interviews of a particular series, LYF never seems to talk unless someone asks a question. Not that being shy is a bad thing...just taking a guess that maybe Ady is more outgoing? If she isn't outgoing, then even more "wow's" for her performance in Chinese Paladin.

    As far as Jimmy and LYF go, they seem to have a good relationship, but I didn't sense much chemistry in TLBB either. They have better chemistry in that MV they made together. LYF and HXM have posed in pics together, but I didn't feel they had much chemistry in ROCH either.


    I don't know about any awards as of late, but back in June 2006 he won Most Popular Mainland Actor, which is a pretty big accomplishment for a relatively new actor. He also beat Huang Xiaoming, who was second I think but had the whole ROCH thing going for him. I think Zhao Wei won Best Actress, with Liu Yifei in second.
    LYF actually won second? Wow, but I guess that's for Most Popular and not Best Actress right? yay for Hu Ge winning that!
    Do you know where I can find the results for everyone for that awards show? I think I remember hearing that Peter Ho won first for most popular in TW, Joe Cheng second and Jimmy third? Who won for actressees in TW?

    you're right.. I don't realy think LYF has a lot of chemistry most of the time onscreen. Maybe it's cuz she's super young so the actor doesn't really know how to treat her? But then Yang Mi seems all right and she's young.. I'm not sure.

    From what you guys have gathered, what is Hu Ge's personality like? Is he more reserved or more outgoing? Is he funny and hyper or more serious? I don't really know too much about him, just watched him onscreen only...

  12. #192
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,375

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by big master
    oh...i sort of had a feeling it was (sarcasm, i mean)...but lyf_linger's reply regarding ur post got me confused since u didnt made a reply for it hehehe ...
    lol I didn't feel like disappointing people.

    Quote Originally Posted by ellledubs
    From what you guys have gathered, what is Hu Ge's personality like? Is he more reserved or more outgoing? Is he funny and hyper or more serious? I don't really know too much about him, just watched him onscreen only...
    I don't know about how he acts around others, but in this interview I saw, he seemed kind of shy. I guess it was because it was one of his first interviews when he was filming Chinese Paladin, and he was kind of at a loss for words, although not very serious. Also in this concert where he was singing Liu Yue De Yu, he seemed pretty nervous. But who knows...maybe around people he knows, he's really outgoing. I guess we'll never really know for sure.
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

  13. #193
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,375

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ellledubs
    LYF actually won second? Wow, but I guess that's for Most Popular and not Best Actress right? yay for Hu Ge winning that!
    Do you know where I can find the results for everyone for that awards show? I think I remember hearing that Peter Ho won first for most popular in TW, Joe Cheng second and Jimmy third? Who won for actressees in TW?
    Quote Originally Posted by ellledubs
    LYF actually won second? Wow, but I guess that's for Most Popular and not Best Actress right? yay for Hu Ge winning that!
    Do you know where I can find the results for everyone for that awards show? I think I remember hearing that Peter Ho won first for most popular in TW, Joe Cheng second and Jimmy third? Who won for actressees in TW?
    Yeah, it was the Most Popular Actress award at the Second Chinese Drama Awards. If you can read Chinese, here are the votes:
    http://tv2.ewang.com/paihangbang.php

    I'll just list the top three to make it short.

    MAINLAND
    Actors
    1.胡 歌 Hu Ge - 77539
    2.黄晓明 Huang Xiaoming - 58506
    3.邓 超 Deng Chao - 57419
    Actresses
    1.赵 薇 Zhao Wei - 92137
    2.刘亦菲 Liu Yifei - 83575
    3.孙 俪 Sun Li - 64184

    TAIWAN
    Actors
    1.何润东 He Rundong - 115939 (Peter Ho)
    2.郑元畅 - Zheng Yuanchang - 85159 (Joe Cheng)
    3.林志颖 - 71172 (Jimmy Lin)
    Actresses
    1.林心如 Ruby Lin Xinru - 69501
    2.徐熙媛 Barbie Hsu (Big S) - 64887
    3.林依晨 Ariel Lin Yichen - 63292

    From vote numbers, it looks like China they're more into actresses, while in Taiwan, they're more into the actors.
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

  14. #194
    Senior Member redfirefly124's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,021

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky
    It was sarcasm on my part (although it seems only 0-0-0 got it), but some people took it so literally that I didn't bother explaining.
    Hehehe....I got it, but I decided to remain an innocent bystander....

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky
    Actresses
    1.林心如 Ruby Lin Xinru - 69501
    RUBY??? Why Ruby? No offense to anyone who likes Ruby, but....what about Alyssa or Ady? I always thought they were more popular...

    Anyways, back on topic....
    I think Hu Ge is a pretty good actor. I haven't seen him in a series yet, but
    1) I saw him in some clips of Tian Wai Fei Xian
    2) He looks like the good actor type
    3) Most people say he's good, I haven't read a negative comment for Hu Ge yet.
    Too bad he's too smart looking to be Guo Jing...otherwise he would do very well in the upcoming LOCH 07...
    hu ge, yang mi, yuan hong, liu shishi.
    wang luodan, li guangjie.

  15. #195
    Senior Member ellledubs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    310

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky
    Yeah, it was the Most Popular Actress award at the Second Chinese Drama Awards. If you can read Chinese, here are the votes:
    http://tv2.ewang.com/paihangbang.php

    I'll just list the top three to make it short.

    MAINLAND
    Actors
    1.胡 歌 Hu Ge - 77539
    2.黄晓明 Huang Xiaoming - 58506
    3.邓 超 Deng Chao - 57419
    Actresses
    1.赵 薇 Zhao Wei - 92137
    2.刘亦菲 Liu Yifei - 83575
    3.孙 俪 Sun Li - 64184

    TAIWAN
    Actors
    1.何润东 He Rundong - 115939 (Peter Ho)
    2.郑元畅 - Zheng Yuanchang - 85159 (Joe Cheng)
    3.林志颖 - 71172 (Jimmy Lin)
    Actresses
    1.林心如 Ruby Lin Xinru - 69501
    2.徐熙媛 Barbie Hsu (Big S) - 64887
    3.林依晨 Ariel Lin Yichen - 63292

    From vote numbers, it looks like China they're more into actresses, while in Taiwan, they're more into the actors.
    Wow, thanks so much for the info.. good to know Joe and Jimmy are in top 3 in TW and Hu Ge is for China! haha, guess you all know who I like, eh?

    I posted this question in the Bie Ai Wo forum but I think you guys here would probably be able to answer my question better.

    everyone seems to be commenting on how Hu Ge looks so skinny in Till Death Do Us Part (Bie Ai Wo). Does anyone know why? He looks all right in TWFX, did he just lose a lot of weight during the filming of Till Death or is it cuz he's been hiding his skinnyness underneath the layers of ancient clothes?

  16. #196
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,375

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redfirefly124
    RUBY??? Why Ruby? No offense to anyone who likes Ruby, but....what about Alyssa or Ady? I always thought they were more popular...
    I know! I really don't like who they chose for the Taiwanese actresses...Ruby and then Barbie?? Gee. And then there's Ariel Lin, who I'm okay with, but not exactly obsessed with.

    Popularity-wise though, Ruby is definitely more popular than Alyssa or Ady. HZGG gave her a huge boost, although I wouldn't commend Ruby Lin's acting. Alyssa's been kind of quiet project-wise lately, because of family and everything, and Ady hasn't gotten many lead roles after The Outsiders.

    Quote Originally Posted by redfirefly124
    Most people say he's good, I haven't read a negative comment for Hu Ge yet.
    Too bad he's too smart looking to be Guo Jing...otherwise he would do very well in the upcoming LOCH 07...
    Well, I know of a couple people who didn't really like his performance in Xian Jian Qi Xia Zhuan, but I personally was very satisfied. I've never played the game, but I think he did a good job in his role, not even considering the fact that he was a newbie. We have actresses like LYF who've been getting main parts since age 14, have gone to one of the most prestigious film schools in the country, and still lack any significant acting talent.

    Quote Originally Posted by ellledubs
    everyone seems to be commenting on how Hu Ge looks so skinny in Till Death Do Us Part (Bie Ai Wo). Does anyone know why? He looks all right in TWFX, did he just lose a lot of weight during the filming of Till Death or is it cuz he's been hiding his skinnyness underneath the layers of ancient clothes?
    Well, I personally don't have a problem with skinny guys unless they're anorexic skinny. His reported weight is 72 kg, which is perfectly healthy for his 184 cm. I don't think he's too skinny...haven't seen him in Bie Ai Wo, but based on his pictures when he's in modern clothing, he looks fine.

    Like in this pic from July he looks fine and meaty:
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

  17. #197
    Senior Member redfirefly124's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,021

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky
    I know! I really don't like who they chose for the Taiwanese actresses...Ruby and then Barbie?? Gee. And then there's Ariel Lin, who I'm okay with, but not exactly obsessed with.

    Popularity-wise though, Ruby is definitely more popular than Alyssa or Ady. HZGG gave her a huge boost, although I wouldn't commend Ruby Lin's acting. Alyssa's been kind of quiet project-wise lately, because of family and everything, and Ady hasn't gotten many lead roles after The Outsiders.
    I definitely didn't really like Ruby in HZGG. She was....meh. Nothing special. Then again Vicki totally stole the spotlight...but still. Ruby always has the same types of roles! At least Vicki tries new ones, no matter if she's successful or not...
    As for Barbie and Ariel, I can't really comment on them, because I've never seen any series with them in it. But I saw Ariel in a few clips of ISWAK and Tian Wai Fei Xian on Youtube, and she was pretty good in them. I'm pretty excited for her performance in the upcoming LOCH!

    Well, I know of a couple people who didn't really like his performance in Xian Jian Qi Xia Zhuan, but I personally was very satisfied. I've never played the game, but I think he did a good job in his role, not even considering the fact that he was a newbie. We have actresses like LYF who've been getting main parts since age 14, have gone to one of the most prestigious film schools in the country, and still lack any significant acting talent.
    I have to admit, LYF is not as good acting wise as she's described to be (by her fans.) But I don't think she's horrible...anyways, I wonder how she is personality wise. From reading this thread, I see she and Hu Ge don't get along fabulously...

    Well, I personally don't have a problem with skinny guys unless they're anorexic skinny. His reported weight is 72 kg, which is perfectly healthy for his 184 cm. I don't think he's too skinny...haven't seen him in Bie Ai Wo, but based on his pictures when he's in modern clothing, he looks fine.
    Haha...at first I thought you said 72 POUNDS, and I was like

    Anyways, is there any news about Hu Ge's recovery? Is he back to filming LOCH yet? Has he been informed of the death of his female collegue yet?
    I heard when he regained conciousness for a few seconds after the accident, he would ask "How are the others?" and then fall back into unconciousness...shows what a great personality he has.
    hu ge, yang mi, yuan hong, liu shishi.
    wang luodan, li guangjie.

  18. #198
    Senior Member ellledubs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    310

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky
    I know! I really don't like who they chose for the Taiwanese actresses...Ruby and then Barbie?? Gee. And then there's Ariel Lin, who I'm okay with, but not exactly obsessed with.

    Popularity-wise though, Ruby is definitely more popular than Alyssa or Ady. HZGG gave her a huge boost, although I wouldn't commend Ruby Lin's acting. Alyssa's been kind of quiet project-wise lately, because of family and everything, and Ady hasn't gotten many lead roles after The Outsiders.


    Well, I know of a couple people who didn't really like his performance in Xian Jian Qi Xia Zhuan, but I personally was very satisfied. I've never played the game, but I think he did a good job in his role, not even considering the fact that he was a newbie. We have actresses like LYF who've been getting main parts since age 14, have gone to one of the most prestigious film schools in the country, and still lack any significant acting talent.


    Well, I personally don't have a problem with skinny guys unless they're anorexic skinny. His reported weight is 72 kg, which is perfectly healthy for his 184 cm. I don't think he's too skinny...haven't seen him in Bie Ai Wo, but based on his pictures when he's in modern clothing, he looks fine.

    Like in this pic from July he looks fine and meaty:
    Yea, I don't think he's too skinny myself, but yea, maybe he was more stressed in Bie Ai Wo or something since everyone comments on him being too skinny there. I just started watching it and he seems ok, just bonier cheeks.. poor guy was probably just stressed from working a lot, it happens to most celebs. I have to say tho, hearing his real voice is awesome! I totally didnt realize how much of a northern mainland accent he has. It's kinda kool.

    I hope he's doing well in recovering.. anyone have any updates on that?

  19. #199
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,375

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redfirefly124
    I definitely didn't really like Ruby in HZGG. She was....meh. Nothing special. Then again Vicki totally stole the spotlight...but still. Ruby always has the same types of roles! At least Vicki tries new ones, no matter if she's successful or not...
    Yeah, I feel that way too. Plus Ruby isn't even very good at the gentle, likable roles she always takes. Somehow, she always manages to make the likable characters dislikable from my perspective. I don't know why. Her Zi Wei wasn't bad, but mostly because she was dubbed.

    Quote Originally Posted by redfirefly124
    As for Barbie and Ariel, I can't really comment on them, because I've never seen any series with them in it. But I saw Ariel in a few clips of ISWAK and Tian Wai Fei Xian on Youtube, and she was pretty good in them. I'm pretty excited for her performance in the upcoming LOCH!
    I think Ariel isn't a bad actress, but her acting still leans towards the cute side, which is admittedly how Taiwanese actresses are for the most part. And from interviews she seems to be pretty persistent about LOCH 07. I just don't see her in the Huang Rong part though, looks-wise at least. Plus, with casting Ariel and Hu Ge, it just makes the whole wuxia series too much of an...idol series. I've liked some idol series like Dou Yu, but I'm not sure it'll appeal to hardcore wuxia fans.

    Quote Originally Posted by redfirefly124
    I have to admit, LYF is not as good acting wise as she's described to be (by her fans.) But I don't think she's horrible...anyways, I wonder how she is personality wise. From reading this thread, I see she and Hu Ge don't get along fabulously...
    Well, I felt she "improved" in ROCH 06, mainly due to the fact she was dubbed. In Xian Jian Qi Xia Zhuan, she cries, but those tears are not moving...they just seem artificial in nature, at least to me.

    As for her personality, I don't know anything for sure, but I think she might be a little shy, based on interviews I've seen. Her voice is pretty quiet, and I've found that in group interviews she doesn't say a lot unless the host asks her a question directly, while some of her more outgoing co-stars make the majority of the comments. Not that being shy is a bad thing...that's just how I perceive LYF.
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

  20. #200
    Senior Member redfirefly124's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,021

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky
    I think Ariel isn't a bad actress, but her acting still leans towards the cute side, which is admittedly how Taiwanese actresses are for the most part. And from interviews she seems to be pretty persistent about LOCH 07. I just don't see her in the Huang Rong part though, looks-wise at least. Plus, with casting Ariel and Hu Ge, it just makes the whole wuxia series too much of an...idol series. I've liked some idol series like Dou Yu, but I'm not sure it'll appeal to hardcore wuxia fans.
    Yeah, I thought that too, but then I saw the trailer, and it was not very, er, idol-series-ish. The music was kinda eerie at first, and Mei Chao Feng, who looked like some random goth, actually looked kinda creepy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky
    Well, I felt she "improved" in ROCH 06, mainly due to the fact she was dubbed. In Xian Jian Qi Xia Zhuan, she cries, but those tears are not moving...they just seem artificial in nature, at least to me.

    As for her personality, I don't know anything for sure, but I think she might be a little shy, based on interviews I've seen. Her voice is pretty quiet, and I've found that in group interviews she doesn't say a lot unless the host asks her a question directly, while some of her more outgoing co-stars make the majority of the comments. Not that being shy is a bad thing...that's just how I perceive LYF.
    LYF doesn't look like a shy person from her pictures, especially those of her in that black outfit singing (creepy pics). But if she is shy, maybe its because of her age...?
    She was dubbed in ROCH? Was everyone dubbed, including Chen Zi Han, Yang Mi, Yang Rui, Sun Li Hua, Kong Lin, Wang Lou Yong, Ba Yin, etc?
    hu ge, yang mi, yuan hong, liu shishi.
    wang luodan, li guangjie.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 152
    Last Post: 03-20-17, 08:45 AM
  2. Yun Zhong Ge 《云中歌》 - Angelababy, Lu Yi, Chen Xiao, Du Chun, Yang Rong
    By Liu Xiao Xiao in forum Mainland China TV Series
    Replies: 227
    Last Post: 03-02-16, 09:22 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-29-12, 10:20 AM
  4. 请听新的新年歌。。。
    By hui66 in forum Music
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-18-11, 08:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •