Thread: Hu Ge (胡歌)

GeChen fever indeed!
    I thought the maximum amount of photos per post could go to 11 pictures?
    Biases: Hu Ge, Qiao Zhenyu, Liu Shi Shi
    Jiang Hu Fansubs - Recruiting members (especially translators).

Awwww...even the super-hotness of Peter Ho next to Ariel can't overcome her natural inclination to talk to Hu Ge!

If I were her, I would look more at Peter
    I ship Shi-Harem

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    Awwww...even the super-hotness of Peter Ho next to Ariel can't overcome her natural inclination to talk to Hu Ge!

If I were her, I would look more at Peter
    sigh...if only they stepped a bit more outside the 'friends' area and entered into the 'lovers' area.

A wonderful ShiGe timeline collection-I just had to repost!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/6762f8e4tw1do5sijdhyhj.jpg')

Quote Originally Posted by H.Ge-C.Liu View Post
    sigh...if only they stepped a bit more outside the 'friends' area and entered into the 'lovers' area.
    Yeah, Ariel was seated with Peter as they were winning same award. Hu Ge was seated with Li Xiao Lu because they also winning the same award. But GeChen ditched their respective award partners and chatted all through the night!
    I ship Shi-Harem

This is Really Really Rare!! Young Warrior full conference video.

Links:
    http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzMzNTAzMjMy.html
    http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzMzNDgzNTQ0.html

It's even funnier written down. Yes, that's about it. But instead of "I felt something for her but didn't tell her about it", HG said: "I was quite excited at seeing Ariel again, but I didn't show it in front of her." I didn't realise Wallace could make someone so embarassed on stage. Usually, from the BTS' shown, HG is very good at impromptu and turning situations the way he wants to go. Although it seems that he loses that ability when it comes to talking about his love life.
    Thanks for clarifying on Hu Ge's answer. Yea, I think Wallace Chung really embarrassed that female fan for asking Hu Ge that awkward question regarding him and Ariel Lin. We couldn't see the fan's expression, but I bet she was blushing after Wallace asked her which newspaper she was from, because obviously she didn't belong to any newspaper. Her embarrassed answer was, "I don't know. I don't remember [which newspaper I'm from]." And Wallace said, "You don't know?" Hahaha. He was just bad.... Then he went on and embarrassed Hu Ge with his comment, "You mean you didn't express your love for her [Ariel Lin]?" I've been a Wallace Chung fan for over one year and didn't realize he had such a big mouth.

By the way, maybe all you Hu Ge fans can answer this; so was there any juicy gossip on Ariel and Hu Ge back when they were filming LOCH 08? I only kept hearing about how Yuan Hong made LSS cry with her first on-screeen kiss in LOCH, but I didn't hear much about Hu Ge and Ariel.

I'll definitely try and leave comments whenever I can. Melanie, do you have a summary of the whole story, or are you just writing along whenever you have a fresh idea?
    Well, I started my original story, Legendary Book, 8-9 years ago (so you'll definitely notice some differences in writing style if you find time to read the original story and the more recently written prequel). Back when I first started writing, I was definitely just winging each chapter as I went along. I'm still somewhat doing that now, but since the original story is drawing to an end, I pretty much have a general idea on what each character's fate is.

Here is a short synopsis on Legendary Book. I don't want to be too detailed, or else there will be no surprises for you, if you decide to read.

The story revolves around four Lam siblings who somehow become embroiled in the mystery of two legendary swords called the Swords of Sun and Moon. In their adventures, they meet an assortment of people, some friends, some foes. There is also another story running parallel to the main story about the previous owners of the Swords of Sun and Moon, known as the Guardian and the Seer. This past story is fed to the readers as snippets/stories told by some of the characters or as dream sequences.

Really, it's not as confusing as it sounds once you start reading. I will refrain from making a flow chart of the characters' relationships to each other. I think it's more fun to guess who will end up with whom as you read, rather than have some chart point everything out with spoilers.

The prequel story elaborates more on the previous owners of the Swords of Sun and Moon (the Seer and the Guardian) and the Guardian's parents. The first part of this prequel will focus on Sit Chung Nam and Black Rose, who are the parents of the Guardian, and the second part will focus on the Guardian, his love story with the Seer, and the Swords of Sun and Moon.

Anyway, if you have time, try a few chapters and let me know what you think. The original story is very long, given that I have been writing it for 8-9 years. But the prequel is only 6 chapters long so far, so if you want to start with something short, I recommend starting with the prequel, which is where I will be most likely adding Hu Ge to anyway. If it sucks, just stop.

As for Ni Shui Han, I don't think I have the time to watch the whole drama, but I will definitely go through a few episodes here and there to get the gist of it.Thanks for the recommendation.
    My character Sit Chung Nam in my prequel story was inspired by Wallace Chung's hot villain character in Ni Shui Han.

**For the video, I just realised that I swapped the two parts around while putting the two clips together (The clip with Wallace walking in and accepting the interview, then Hu Ge, should be at the start of the clip, not at the end).
    Yea, I kind of figured that out. Thanks for editing it!

Since we're in our Wallace Chung-Hu Ge bromance phase right now, I thought I would share this very well-made MV. If you haven't seen it before, it's worth watching.

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/jIEPxRDnoe4/

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    By the way, maybe all you Hu Ge fans can answer this; so was there any juicy gossip on Ariel and Hu Ge back when they were filming LOCH 08? I only kept hearing about how Yuan Hong made LSS cry with her first on-screeen kiss in LOCH, but I didn't hear much about Hu Ge and Ariel.

I didnt hear much gossip about HG and AL either but they do complements each other alot, HG said Ariel is his favorite leading lady and Ariel said HG and her always have lots to talk about ... I remember when they were filming TWFX, Ariel had to cry but couldnt cry and so HG comfort and hug her (correct me if im wrong).... it was really sweet...

Quote Originally Posted by C-luv-H View Post
    I didnt hear much gossip about HG and AL either but they do complements each other alot, HG said Ariel is his favorite leading lady and Ariel said HG and her always have lots to talk about ... I remember when they were filming TWFX, Ariel had to cry but couldnt cry and so HG comfort and hug her (correct me if im wrong).... it was really sweet...
    So are Hu Ge and Ariel dating anyone currently?

Also, does anyone have a list of the Youku awards and who won what? I'm starting to get confused, maybe because my Mandarin isn't very good. I thought Wallace Chung won Most Popular Actor award for the HK/Taiwan category and Hu Ge won the same award for the Mainland China category. But then in Peter Ho's thread, I read that Peter Ho also won Most Popular Actor award for the HK/Taiwan category... Was there a tie?

So are Hu Ge and Ariel dating anyone currently?

Also, does anyone have a list of the Youku awards and who won what? I'm starting to get confused, maybe because my Mandarin isn't very good. I thought Wallace Chung won Most Popular Actor award for the HK/Taiwan category and Hu Ge won the same award for the Mainland China category. But then in Peter Ho's thread, I read that Peter Ho also won Most Popular Actor award for the HK/Taiwan category... Was there a tie?

There was rumor HG dating/broke up with XueJianNing and Ariel was dating/broke up too but I dont even know, there good at hiding it( they should just date each other).
    The award thing confuses me too, im like totally lost of who winning who....

Quote Originally Posted by C-luv-H View Post
    There was rumor HG dating/broke up with XueJianNing and Ariel was dating/broke up too but I dont even know, there good at hiding it( they should just date each other).
    The award thing confuses me too, im like totally lost of who winning who....
    I think if I were an actress, I would want to hide my personal life from the tabloids, too. Too many rumors don't bode well for romantic relationships.

I bet the award thing confused the actors themselves, too! I think at the very beginning of the post-award interview with Wallace Chung and Hu Ge, the reporter lady asked Wallace Chung if he knew which award he got and he had to recite the name of the award and the lady said, "That's correct."

Does anyone have a complete clip of the entire Youku Award Ceremony? I would like to see all the stars and winners.

Here's a video of our GeChen sweethearts talking animatedly to each other when they got seated at YouKu Awards. I'm surprised they are playing a waltz for background music.
    I ship Shi-Harem

I think if I were an actress, I would want to hide my personal life from the tabloids, too. Too many rumors don't bode well for romantic relationships.

I bet the award thing confused the actors themselves, too! I think at the very beginning of the post-award interview with Wallace Chung and Hu Ge, the reporter lady asked Wallace Chung if he knew which award he got and he had to recite the name of the award and the lady said, "That's correct."

Does anyone have a complete clip of the entire Youku Award Ceremony? I would like to see all the stars and winners.
    Ichiban has put such a list in Wallace Huo's thread.

I don't think there's a complete clip, but I think there are short clips of the winners for each section-I only sought out the Li Xiao Lu & HG/Peter & Ariel/Wallace & LSS clips. Although I'm sure that there will be more clips floating around on the tudou/youku.

Here is a short synopsis on Legendary Book. I don't want to be too detailed, or else there will be no surprises for you, if you decide to read.

The story revolves around four Lam siblings who somehow become embroiled in the mystery of two legendary swords called the Swords of Sun and Moon. In their adventures, they meet an assortment of people, some friends, some foes. There is also another story running parallel to the main story about the previous owners of the Swords of Sun and Moon, known as the Guardian and the Seer. This past story is fed to the readers as snippets/stories told by some of the characters or as dream sequences.

Really, it's not as confusing as it sounds once you start reading. I will refrain from making a flow chart of the characters' relationships to each other. I think it's more fun to guess who will end up with whom as you read, rather than have some chart point everything out with spoilers.

The prequel story elaborates more on the previous owners of the Swords of Sun and Moon (the Seer and the Guardian) and the Guardian's parents. The first part of this prequel will focus on Sit Chung Nam and Black Rose, who are the parents of the Guardian, and the second part will focus on the Guardian, his love story with the Seer, and the Swords of Sun and Moon.

Anyway, if you have time, try a few chapters and let me know what you think. The original story is very long, given that I have been writing it for 8-9 years. But the prequel is only 6 chapters long so far, so if you want to start with something short, I recommend starting with the prequel, which is where I will be most likely adding Hu Ge to anyway.

If it sucks, just stop.
    Thanks for giving me an insight into your story! I'll probably start the prequel tomorrow afternoon, if I don't have to babysit my nephew.
    I scrolled through a few paragraphs of the Legendary Book last night, and it really isn't bad at all. Besides, it's quite good for me to start reading a few pieces of English fan-fiction, rather than going through the chinese forums for ShiGe fan-fics.

Since we're in our Wallace Chung-Hu Ge bromance phase right now, I thought I would share this very well-made MV. If you haven't seen it before, it's worth watching.

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/jIEPxRDnoe4/
    Ah! The WC+HG bromance! Thanks for the link. I'll watch it tonight.
    Last edited by H.Ge-C.Liu; 12-18-11 at 01:03 AM.

ELLE Magazine January 2012 issue:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/6744a072jw1do6imrdmhmj.jpg')

I don't think there's a complete clip, but I think there are short clips of the winners for each section-I only sought out the Li Xiao Lu & HG/Peter & Ariel/Wallace & LSS clips. Although I'm sure that there will be more clips floating around on the tudou/youku.
    Here's the completed Youku Award Ceremony

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/6744a072jw1do6jfvt8m7j.jpg')

All the character introductions from PAL3:
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/7603b465tw1do6uo2eolhj.jpg')

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    Yeah, Ariel was seated with Peter as they were winning same award. Hu Ge was seated with Li Xiao Lu because they also winning the same award. But GeChen ditched their respective award partners and chatted all through the night!
    Oh...I just realise Peter was seated next to Ruby. He was probably talking to Ruby instead of Ariel most of the time, so Hu Ge had Ariel for himself the whole evening! Heheheh.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/65cfa928gw1do782eati8j.jpg')
    I ship Shi-Harem