Page 58 of 237 FirstFirst ... 8484950515253545556575859606162636465666768108158 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 4735

Thread: Hu Ge (胡歌)

Quote Originally Posted by C-luv-H View Post
    Well then karen better suck it up and cast yang mi she need to get over whatever conflict their going thru, or cast LSS, even if LSS is not so popular in movies but this can give her the chance to be and they need dont need some big star to be in to get views... ive seen many movies with actor/actress not so popular and the movies have many views.
    I was hoping fo another LYF and HG but since shes soo into big budget movies and she not even that good of actress then forget it but im hoping they dont cast Barbie Hsu either.... not a fan (sorry Barbie fans)
    Yeah, the Zhugeliang movie for HG actually sounded like it had potential so it's too bad it was put on hold. Hate to get off-topic in HG's thread...but about LYF, I watched an interview of her--I think it was just after she had just returned from her long "hiatus" from filming movies. The hosts asked her why she did not film very many projects; LYF replied that she picks quality over quantity and does not want to participate in a project unless she feels that it is truly high-quality/spectacular. (To be honest, she came off as a bit snobby-sounding to me...I mean, it's easy for her to say when all these great projects just fall into her lap without her having to work for it. On the contrary I remember reading a YM interview--she said, "Many people ask me why I participate in 'bad' projects. They tell me I should stop accepting roles in TV series like Gong. Well, before Gong no one offered me any movie roles. They also say I shouldn't accept roles in movies like DMGD (her recent very low-budget horror movie). Well, before that no one else in the movie industry gave me a chance." This is why I feel bad for her when people say she goes for "quantity over quality" and thinks she has no standards when it comes to picking out projects...when the truth is, it sounds like she really had it rough for a few years between CP3 and MRXJ/Gong, when she was being blacklisted, and really did not have too much of a choice.)

As for YM in another TR project...I honestly don't think Karen could swallow her pride in working with YM again after publicly slamming her character and making it widely known that she dislikes YM. (Can you imagine what the Chinese media would say.) Plus, just think how she would feel if the movie became a huge success and made YM even more popular...She's probably be torn between wanting the movie to be a box office hit vs. wanting the movie to totally bomb because YM is involved.)

I heard Hu Ge was the one that vetoed Zhuge Liang & Huang Yueying . In any case, by the sound of the title, it sounds pretty "idolish".

At his age, I'd rather Hu Ge start taking on some more serious & bigger name projects.

Quote Originally Posted by mango_cake View Post
    Yeah, the Zhugeliang movie for HG actually sounded like it had potential so it's too bad it was put on hold. Hate to get off-topic in HG's thread...but about LYF, I watched an interview of her--I think it was just after she had just returned from her long "hiatus" from filming movies. The hosts asked her why she did not film very many projects; LYF replied that she picks quality over quantity and does not want to participate in a project unless she feels that it is truly high-quality/spectacular. (To be honest, she came off as a bit snobby-sounding to me...I mean, it's easy for her to say when all these great projects just fall into her lap without her having to work for it. On the contrary I remember reading a YM interview--she said, "Many people ask me why I participate in 'bad' projects. They tell me I should stop accepting roles in TV series like Gong. Well, before Gong no one offered me any movie roles. They also say I shouldn't accept roles in movies like DMGD (her recent very low-budget horror movie). Well, before that no one else in the movie industry gave me a chance." This is why I feel bad for her when people say she goes for "quantity over quality" and thinks she has no standards when it comes to picking out projects...when the truth is, it sounds like she really had it rough for a few years between CP3 and MRXJ/Gong, when she was being blacklisted, and really did not have too much of a choice.)
    YEAH.... she does sound snobby... shes not that good of an actress, i thought she improved but she still the same....
    DAmn i feel so bad for YM, i support her whatever decisions she makes, at least shes better actress than LYF... all her projects are good because she makes it good, there even better than the high budget movies that ive seen... at least she dont care what others says, shes a hard worker...

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Ying Ying View Post
    I heard Hu Ge was the one that vetoed Zhuge Liang & Huang Yueying . In any case, by the sound of the title, it sounds pretty "idolish".

At his age, I'd rather Hu Ge start taking on some more serious & bigger name projects.
    HG movie revolution seems pretty good even though he just playing a supporting character(jackie chan did chose him to be in this movie right, lucky for him)... but i think he should do like YM starts out small and work his way up... since producers and directors this days doesnt seem to notice good actors/actress....
    Last edited by C-luv-H; 08-24-11 at 02:08 AM.

HG movie revolution seems pretty good even though he just playing a supporting character(jackie chan did chose him to be in this movie right)... but i think he should do like YM starts out small and work his way up...
    Yeah, I'm pretty excited about 1911! It looks like a much more serious big-budget movie than his previous movies.

HG movie revolution seems pretty good even though he just playing a supporting character(jackie chan did chose him to be in this movie right, lucky for him)... but i think he should do like YM starts out small and work his way up... since producers and directors this days doesnt seem to notice good actors/actress....
    Yea, I'd rather see him as a supporting role in a better budgeted film like 1911 than star in some 3rd rated movie. On a side note, seems like Jackie Chan is very fond of Hu Ge

Yang Mi is 24. Hu Ge is almost 30...he doesn't have too much time too waste taking on random projects that won't do him much .

Plus, it almost seems as if he was more popular 2 years ago than he is now...
    Last edited by Ren Ying Ying; 08-24-11 at 02:13 AM.

Yang Mi is 24. Hu Ge is almost 30...he doesn't have too much time too waste
    I do get the impression the "hot leading man" career of Asian actors generally last pretty long, e.g. Tony Leung Chiu Wai is still doing hot leading man roles opposite sweet young things. And the hottest leading man star right now is 40-something Donnie Yen. Quite a number of A-listers attain fame near or past 30. HXM only attained fame at 29 and FSF at 32. Donnie Yen also only became famous in his mid 30s?

Yea, I'd rather see him as a supporting role in a better budgeted film like 1911 than star in some 3rd rated movie. On a side note, seems like Jackie Chan is very fond of Hu Ge

Yang Mi is 24. Hu Ge is almost 30...he doesn't have too much time too waste taking on random projects that won't do him much .

Plus, it almost seems as if he was more popular 2 years ago than he is now...
    Then i guess well see what happen after Revolution comes out and see if HG well be in more High budget movies even if its supporting character, i really hope HG does get to be in more films because he such good actor and YM too they so deserve more...
    (i think HG is getting popular everytime)
    Last edited by C-luv-H; 08-24-11 at 02:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    I do get the impression the "hot leading man" career of Asian actors generally last pretty long, e.g. Tony Leung Chiu Wai is still doing hot leading man roles opposite sweet young things. And the hottest leading man star right now is 40-something Donnie Yen. Quite a number of A-listers attain fame near or past 30. HXM only attained fame at 29 and FSF at 32. Donnie Yen also only became famous in his mid 30s?
    But Tony Leung was already "god of tv" since the 80s. He is popular enough that he can carry the film to popularity even if the movie totally sucks. Same goes to Jackie Chan. You have to get to that status first

HXM was much younger when he starred in Da Han Tian Zi and was in much bigger projects at 29. Still, you have to give credit to HXM, FSF, and Donnie Yen to at least be climbing upwards in status.

Hu Ge had been pretty popular for a while now, but doesn't seem to be making much out of it. He seemed to be more popular when he filmed XJ3 & the Myth than he is now. I'm just saying he should start being more prudent in picking projects (or active in seeking better projects). At 30, you're getting to the age where you're a little to old to be doing idol projects. He should be making some transitions.

Or maybe I'm just greedy b/c I don't want to waste my time watching crappy shows for him
    Last edited by Ren Ying Ying; 08-24-11 at 02:38 AM.

Hu Ge had been pretty popular for a while now, but doesn't seem to be making much out of it. I'm just saying he should start being more prudent in picking projects (or active in seeking better projects). At 30, you're getting to the age where you're a little to old to be doing idol projects. He should be making some transitions.
    RYY, you have nice skills in planning actors' futures.
    But what you say is true. At 30, I'd also think HG would start taking off the 'idol' cloak and focus on more serious and worthwhile projects. He even said in his weibo talk answers that he wants to start being viewed not as an idol, but as an actual actor. (On another note though, HG hasn't turned 29 yet. 20/9/11)
    Biases: Hu Ge, Qiao Zhenyu, Liu Shi Shi
    Jiang Hu Fansubs - Recruiting members (especially translators).

Yeah, actors do definitely have a much longer "career span" than the actresses so I don't think 29 is too late for HG. Many of the currently hot actors/actresses don't really start doing huge-budget projects until they reach 30 anyways, after building up a few years of experience. But, as RYY said he needs to start branching out soon and not be restricted to idol stuff.

I also agree that his popularity seems to be pretty "stale"...I mean, he was already quite popular after CP1. And then again after CP3. But he hasn't seemed to keep climbing all that much in these years, making the most of it like other stars have. I mean, look at his previous costars...LYF, Ady, YM...at one point he was more famous (or at least equally so) than all of them, yet now the ladies have progressed into more serious projects and big-time movies yet he is still stuck more or less where he was before.

I mean, his career is still a definite success! Even if he retired tomorrow, he'd be a lot better off and more accomplished than many other actors. But, there is just a lot more potential there--he's capable of so much more--it'd be a shame not to see him live up to it.

But Tony Leung was already "god of tv" since the 80s. He is popular enough that he can carry the film to popularity even if the movie totally sucks. Same goes to Jackie Chan. You have to get to that status first

HXM was much younger when he starred in Da Han Tian Zi and was in much bigger projects at 29. Still, you have to give credit to HXM, FSF, and Donnie Yen to at least be climbing upwards in status.

Hu Ge had been pretty popular for a while now, but doesn't seem to be making much out of it. He seemed to be more popular when he filmed XJ3 & the Myth than he is now. I'm just saying he should start being more prudent in picking projects (or active in seeking better projects). At 30, you're getting to the age where you're a little to old to be doing idol projects. He should be making some transitions.

Or maybe I'm just greedy b/c I don't want to waste my time watching crappy shows for him

HG did mention he wants to do more movies but it probably hard trying to get there..... if i remember correctly hes also said hes picky about projects too, he will accept if the script is good... hopefully revolution will get him more notice in films....

mango expresses my thoughts exactly

actually, i think HG even stated in an interview somewhere that somehow all his leading ladies all became more popular than him after working with him . He was kidding, but seriously Hu Ge, you need to start taking advantage of your opportunities...

I guess I'm being the over-zealous mother that always has higher expectations
    Last edited by Ren Ying Ying; 08-24-11 at 03:06 AM.

I really hope HG can work with Stephen Chow, I think with these two together you will laugh until you die....

HE REALLY NEEDS A REST... SERIOUSLY
    HG at clear concert...
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i808.photobucket.com/albums/zz1/christina_her/um/c.jpg')
    The Peppers
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i808.photobucket.com/albums/zz1/christina_her/um/o.jpg')
    HG recording and signing autography(i think)
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i808.photobucket.com/albums/zz1/christina_her/um/r.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i808.photobucket.com/albums/zz1/christina_her/um/e.jpg')
    The conference
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i808.photobucket.com/albums/zz1/christina_her/um/n.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i808.photobucket.com/albums/zz1/christina_her/um/t.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i808.photobucket.com/albums/zz1/christina_her/um/y.jpg')
    HG and the Peppers
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i808.photobucket.com/albums/zz1/christina_her/um/v.jpg')
    Last edited by C-luv-H; 08-24-11 at 03:58 AM.

Sorry to go off-topic, but I always have a weakness for furry little things. Here's ShiGe with matching cats
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i53.tinypic.com/fc1jyo.jpg')

But LSS also has a dog called Qi Qi. Hu Ge doesn't have a dog.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i52.tinypic.com/2utgits.jpg')

Boiling temperatures at their filming site...
    HG and fans.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/75a225d8gw1dkguygywc3j.jpg')
    Biases: Hu Ge, Qiao Zhenyu, Liu Shi Shi
    Jiang Hu Fansubs - Recruiting members (especially translators).

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    But LSS also has a dog called Qi Qi. Hu Ge doesn't have a dog.
    Hu Ge maybe don't have a dog.. but he has a gf/wife called Qi Qi... .. LOL..oh yeah.. from unbeatable.. ... ^o^

actually, i think HG even stated in an interview somewhere that somehow all his leading ladies all became more popular than him after working with him . He was kidding, but seriously Hu Ge, you need to start taking advantage of your opportunities...
    Maybe Karen/Tangren is not that good a broker for her artistes' outside projects?
    Anyway, hope more big budget movie offers come his way after 1911 Revolution.

H.Ge-C.Liu, you were the BEST person I know. I don't get on for a week or so, I get on here and what do I find on my lovely Wallace's thread?

Quote Originally Posted by H.Ge-C.Liu View Post
    FAN??? I deny that...I was only praising the photoshop of HG-WH. But as for Wallace himself, I'm not a fan at all(Drgirleam would bang me if she heard this ). I admit his acting skills are quite good (from Rogue Snow, PAL3 and then YZM) but I am not a Wallace fan...hehe.

Always a lion and a pepper
    H.Ge-C.Liu, How could you? I show so much support for your Hu Ge, and my Wallace gets no lovin'! You can kiss your box of cookies goodbye! Oh and one more thing, THERE! LOL! Seesshhh imagine if I was serious? Don't worry, i don't mind if you're not a fan. As long as you say nice things about him here and there, I'll still like you. Hehehehe Oh and you'll have to wait on your cookies. I haven't found the perfect box of cookies for you yet.