Page 63 of 237 FirstFirst ... 13535455565758596061626364656667686970717273113163 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 4735

Thread: Hu Ge (胡歌)

Omg thank you HG-CL! He definitely did a great job--did he really JUST meet the other presenter?? They seem to play off each other so well, no awkwardness like I saw with YM/her co-presenters and FSF/LYF (his co-presenter), even though those groups had acted together before!

(And I love you for pointing out that FengMi moment even if you're not a shipper yourself. )

Quote Originally Posted by mango_cake View Post
    Omg thank you HG-CL! He definitely did a great job--did he really JUST meet the other presenter?? They seem to play off each other so well, no awkwardness like I saw with YM/her co-presenters and FSF/LYF (his co-presenter), even though those groups had acted together before!

(And I love you for pointing out that FengMi moment even if you're not a shipper yourself. )
    That's okay mango. Yes, he did just meet the other presenter~HG is really talented in impromptu, or in this case, both of them are. While I was watching it live, I just happened to see LYF and FSF co-present. DOES LYF ever smile? [And I mean more than a twitch of the lips...]

I'm thankful I'm not a FengMi shipper (FSF actually scares me a little). I had to point out the last scene~it really took me by surprise. They're even acting as lovers in Painted Skin 2...

Off topic from this, but I'm glad XYS is Hunan's Kai Nian Da Xi (开年大戏). That means we'll get to see it earlier, and hopefully 4 months is enough time to post-produce, so it doesn't turn out a sloppy mess, with various cut scenes here and there (just the reminder of this makes me think of CtW ). I hope Hunan doesn't provide a rip-version when the time comes...

No more rambling~I'm going all over the place here...
    Biases: Hu Ge, Qiao Zhenyu, Liu Shi Shi
    Jiang Hu Fansubs - Recruiting members (especially translators).

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Heiress View Post
    Shanghainese originates from Shanghai, lol.
    Basically, I'd say Shanghainese has a rounder sound as it often drops off sounds, especially consonants and word endings. It might be hard to explain because there's no proper phonetic system for Shanghainese. "Huo Jian Hua", for example, becomes "Wu Ji Wu" (don't kill me if that's wrong, though). It's also almost a bit like French in the sense that a lot of the vowels aren't as direct and "on the sound" as Mandarin.
    There isn't an exact rule to translating between the two dialects and two words that sound the same in Mandarin might be totally different in Shanghainese (this is especially common when the tone in Mandarin differs). When "tang" is pronounced on the second tone to mean "candy", it becomes "dang" (the "ng" is a bit softer and the tone is also completely different). When "tang" is pronounced on the first tone to mean soup, it's still pronounced "tang", rather than "dang" (once again, the "ng" is a bit softer and the tone is completely different).
    There are also words that are completely different in the two dialects (like "wo men" which means "us" sounds something like "uh luh") and some phrases in Shanghainese don't even have a Mandarin equivelant (like the word "dia" which HG used to describe Jin Sha's personality, but it's usually only Shanghainese girls who are "dia" so it doesn't really matter). I'd say Shanghainese is just as different from Mandarin and Cantonese is.

LOL! Thank you for the explanation Dragon. I knew that people from Shanghai spoke Shanghainese. What I meant was, is it a form of Madarin Chinese like Cantonese. Or is it almost a language of its own. LOL I guess I should of clarified that from the beginning. When I heard Hu Ge speaking I thought it sounded so much like Cantonese. So I'm guessing you grow up learning Mandarin and Shanghainese if you are born in Shanghai?

Quote Originally Posted by H.Ge-C.Liu View Post
    That's okay mango. Yes, he did just meet the other presenter~HG is really talented in impromptu, or in this case, both of them are. While I was watching it live, I just happened to see LYF and FSF co-present. DOES LYF ever smile? [And I mean more than a twitch of the lips...]

I'm thankful I'm not a FengMi shipper (FSF actually scares me a little). I had to point out the last scene~it really took me by surprise. They're even acting as lovers in Painted Skin 2...

Off topic from this, but I'm glad XYS is Hunan's Kai Nian Da Xi (开年大戏). That means we'll get to see it earlier, and hopefully 4 months is enough time to post-produce, so it doesn't turn out a sloppy mess, with various cut scenes here and there (just the reminder of this makes me think of CtW ). I hope Hunan doesn't provide a rip-version when the time comes...

No more rambling~I'm going all over the place here...
    H.Ge-C.Liu, I don't think LYF ever smiles. EVER! LOL I have yet to see her crack a decent I'm truly smiling smile. I don't know if its because she's nervous in public or if she's just trying to give off a Diva act. I could just be wrong and she probably does smile, but I've never seen pics of it.

Is it really polite to hold your costar's hands? Now is it a guy-girl thing or do male costars hold hands too?
    Last edited by Drgirleam; 08-29-11 at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drgirleam View Post
    LOL! Thank you for the explanation Dragon. I knew that people from Shanghai spoke Shanghainese. What I meant was, is it a form of Madarin Chinese like Cantonese. Or is it almost a language of its own. LOL I guess I should of clarified that from the beginning. When I heard Hu Ge speaking I thought it sounded so much like Cantonese. So I'm guessing you grow up learning Mandarin and Shanghainese if you are born in Shanghai? H.Ge-C.Liu, I don't think LYF ever smiles. EVER! LOL I have yet to see her crack a decent I'm truly smiling smile. I don't know if its because she's nervous in public or if she's just trying to give off a Diva act. I could just be wrong and she probably does smile, but I've never seen pics of it.Is it really polite to hold your costar's hands? Now is it a guy-girl thing or do male costars hold hands too?
    It depends on what someone thinks. To some, shanghainese may just be a a form of mandarin chinese, while to others it's almost a language of its own. Personally, I think Shanghainese can be both (this has been a habit of mine~even when I was in school, I always 'sat on the fence'). Because with the tones, sound pronounciations and the way people interpret it, it may as well be a different language. I doubt even some Shanghainese people themselves don't know whether it is just a dialect or a totally different language. But I think most Shanghainese have resigned to it being just a dialect, not a language.
    On another note, dialects all over China are somewhat different to Mandarin.
    Not sure what Dragon thinks...

LOL. I don't think I can ever hope for LYF to crack a proper smile~
    Drgirleam, you make me ! No, male co-stars DO NOT hold each other's hands. It's only polite for celebrities of different gender to hold hands, especially if they're playing lovers in the drama.
    Last edited by H.Ge-C.Liu; 08-29-11 at 07:27 PM.

HG looks so handsome and mature at the award.....

I found some really awesome WeShine picture of HG that i have never seen before but HG looks so handsome....
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i808.photobucket.com/albums/zz1/christina_her/CluvH/u-2.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i808.photobucket.com/albums/zz1/christina_her/CluvH/op.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i808.photobucket.com/albums/zz1/christina_her/CluvH/nvf.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i808.photobucket.com/albums/zz1/christina_her/CluvH/uy-2.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i808.photobucket.com/albums/zz1/christina_her/CluvH/ob.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i808.photobucket.com/albums/zz1/christina_her/CluvH/nb-1.jpg')

More Handsome HG WeShine pics. (i have never seen these before)
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i808.photobucket.com/albums/zz1/christina_her/CluvH/it.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i808.photobucket.com/albums/zz1/christina_her/CluvH/hu-1.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i808.photobucket.com/albums/zz1/christina_her/CluvH/d-2.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i808.photobucket.com/albums/zz1/christina_her/CluvH/we-1.jpg')
    Last edited by C-luv-H; 08-29-11 at 07:04 PM.

It depends on what someone thinks. To some, shanghainese may just be a a form of mandarin chinese, while to others it's almost a language of its own. Personally, I think Shanghainese can be both (this has been a habit of mine~even when I was in school, I always 'sat on the fence'). Because with the tones, sound pronounciations and the way people interpret it, it may as well be a different language. I doubt even some Shanghainese people themselves don't know whether it is just a dialect or a totally different language. But I think most Shanghainese have resigned to it being just a dialect, not a language.
    On another note, dialects all over China are somewhat different to Mandarin.

LOL. I don't think I can ever hope for LYF to crack a proper smile~
    Drgirleam, you make me ! No, male co-stars DO NOT hold each other's hands. It's only polite for celebrities of different gender to hold hands, especially if they're playing lovers in the drama.
    Oh okay, I see what you're saying. Just like there are different forms of Spanish. The "root" is the same, just the annunciation and meanings differ. Okay, that helps me understand it better. Hehe

LOL Oh okay, I was going to say, Wouldn't it be kind of weird and awkward for two male stars to hold hands. I thought so, but I just wanted to make sure. Hahahaha Could you imagine Hu Ge and Yuan Hong or Hu Ge and Wallace holding hand walking down the red carpet together?

Lol, didn't YH and LGX hold hands when they did their walk at the BBJX press conference?

I would consider Shanghainese a dialect of Chinese, even though it's a very different one. Most of my friends say that it sounds less like Mandarin than Cantonese does.
    我是个疯子疯子疯子只爱你的疯子 你是个傻子傻子傻子傻的却好懂事
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

Oh okay, I see what you're saying. Just like there are different forms of Spanish. The "root" is the same, just the annunciation and meanings differ. Okay, that helps me understand it better. Hehe

LOL Oh okay, I was going to say, Wouldn't it be kind of weird and awkward for two male stars to hold hands. I thought so, but I just wanted to make sure. Hahahaha Could you imagine Hu Ge and Yuan Hong or Hu Ge and Wallace holding hand walking down the red carpet together?
    I would blush before they did! No, I cannot imagine HG and YH holding hands (that would be quite awkward, considering they are the best of friends). HG and Wallace? Definitely not down the red carpet, but I can imagine their bromance in a continuation of PAL3

HG's taking photos more often now. This looks like the XYS filming site. I wonder who's in the photo? It looks like LSS, but then it doesn't...
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/48e837eejw1dknp8d1hinj.jpg')

it looks like LSS's yan san niang! wrong series there, HG. lol

The MV was the thing that got me hooked onto Hua Xu Yin, then the author Tang Qi Gong Zi, then TLTW...
    I read Fu Sheng Jin and am now reading the Ying Ge parts provided by sina. But Hua Xu Yin is definitely not as good as TLTW. Yes, it's made up of different stories, but the main character is always the person playing the 'Hua Xu Yin' tune with her companions. Basically, there is is Princess from Wei, who jumped off the fortress and became an 'in between', and goes around weaving dreams of people's past lives, so they could re-live that part or change it so as to make the ending different-albeit with a price. *NO MORE SPOILERS*
    My synopsis isn't a really good one.... I suggest you read the baidu synopsis.

EDIT: Thankfully, Sina provides all parts of Ying Ge. Finished reading it today, and the MV is indeed faithful to the storyline.

ohh hmmm okayy. that sounds interesting enough, lol. but are all the stories like tragedies or something? they all look really depressing, haha. maybe i will give it a try though...

LOL, it does look like San Niang!
    Maybe it's Hong Fu Nu? (I don't even remember what she looks like, lol.) Or maybe it's a stunt double.
    我是个疯子疯子疯子只爱你的疯子 你是个傻子傻子傻子傻的却好懂事
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

H.Ge-C.Liu, you will be happy to know that I have finally finished watching Unbeatable II. I now have to say that I am in LOVE with Hu Ge's masculine, charming, and suit wearing modern look. His tall physique makes him look very handsome in those clean suits.

Now, I will have to admit that I have finally become a shipper. Hehehe I have never been a shipper before and it never really mattered to me. After watching the series I have become a "YanGe" shipper. They are soooooo cute together. TY's adorably cute character in the series made me like her a whole lot more now. I laughed so hard when she accidentally punched HG in the face trying to be cheerful. I will be rooting for "YanGe" more often now!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i808.photobucket.com/albums/zz1/christina_her/um/pu.jpg')

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    ohh hmmm okayy. that sounds interesting enough, lol. but are all the stories like tragedies or something? they all look really depressing, haha. maybe i will give it a try though...

I haven't read the last two parts (it's VIP on sina) but from the mv's, all the stories are tragically romantic

H.Ge-C.Liu, you will be happy to know that I have finally finished watching Unbeatable II. I now have to say that I am in LOVE with Hu Ge's masculine, charming, and suit wearing modern look. His tall physique makes him look very handsome in those clean suits.

Now, I will have to admit that I have finally become a shipper. Hehehe I have never been a shipper before and it never really mattered to me. After watching the series I have become a "YanGe" shipper. They are soooooo cute together. TY's adorably cute character in the series made me like her a whole lot more now. I laughed so hard when she accidentally punched HG in the face trying to be cheerful. I will be rooting for "YanGe" more often now!
    Drgirleam! You have finally finished watching Unbeatable! HG in multiple suits is indeed a special treat! (Being a pepper is nice)! I ship both for ShiGe and YanGe. Looking forward to TR's half-rumoured 'kai nian da xi' more than ever (YWT, Ning Ke)

Looking forward to TR's half-rumoured 'kai nian da xi' more than ever (YWT, Ning Ke)

Whats "kai nian da xi"?

Quote Originally Posted by C-luv-H View Post
    Whats "kai nian da xi"?
    It means that a specific drama would air during the lunar new year (next year february).

It means that a specific drama would air during the lunar new year (next year february).
    oooh really, thats gonna be my valentine gift right there....