Page 7 of 237 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Hu Ge (胡歌)

Quote Originally Posted by beanybeans
    What exactly happened to Hu Ge? And when did it happen?
    If I remember correctly, he had a car accident a few months ago...about when LOCH 07 started filming.
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky
    If I remember correctly, he had a car accident a few months ago...about when LOCH 07 started filming.
    I hope it wasn't too critical. So did he end up in the hospital?

I hope it wasn't too critical. So did he end up in the hospital?
    Actually, it was a very serious accident and he's lucky to be alive. One of his colleagues (I don't know her name) who was in the car with him died. Hu Ge is still recovering. It seems that LOCH 2007 will resume filming next February.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I heard about it too and heard it was really serious. Glad to know that he is recovering. He is truly lucky to be alive. I hope that he takes care of his health first since that is more important than filming a remake of LOCH. BEst wishes to him and may his colleague rest in peace.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Personally, I wouldn't watch LOCH 07 at all if it wasn't for Hu Ge, because although Ariel is all right with her acting abilities, I really don't see her as Huang Rong. Hope he gets better soon and that all is well for him ^^
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

Does anyone know if Hu Ge's ever mentioned or commented on how he felt about working with Yang Mi?

Ahh there's a thread on Hu Ge?! WAHAHHHA!!! I love this boy! He's my current celeb crush *blush* Ge Ge is definitely a young actor I'm going to look out for from now on! Here are some cute pics of him in real life for your drooling pleasure.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/3606/danfundraiserpf5.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/8739/epcot7er9.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/2729/dantsu0.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img420.imageshack.us/img420/7798/funnyd4pa0.jpg')

and this is a photo of poor Ge Ge right after he got surgery on his right eye after the accident. I hope that he recovers soon too! He's had such a rough year (getting a fever on the set of LOCH, losing a close friend/colleague and now, getting injured enough to need so many stitches on his face from the accident). I hope that 2007 brings Ge Ge better luck!

He looks banged up pretty badly from this pic but he's still alive 'n kickin'! I like that even though he's probably in pain, he's still giving his fans a thumbs up sign. What a trooper!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/1528/dancliff03wk4.jpg')

Re: LOCH, I read from IhuGe.net that it's actually pushed back till late August to begin shooting since Ariel's shooting "It Started w/ A Kiss 2" and there were scheduling conflicts. Even though I'm dying to see LOCH, I don't mind the delay since Hu Ge's wounds are pretty serious and he had to get surgery on his face and have new skin grafted (or something like that) and the doctors said that it'll take about 6 mnths to a year for him to fully recover. So, the long delay will give Ge Ge a chance to recover and gain his strength. I don't care if he comes out of this w/ scars. I mean, compared to his unfortunate young colleague who lost her life, he's a darn lucky man! He'll always look cute to me

Since I'm new to the forum and since I discovered that there's a Ge Ge thread here, forgive me for posting more pics of this wonderful actor for all to enjoy...hehee....

Here are some screencaps taken by me on some of Ge Ge's series/movie that I own:

601st Phone Call
    - This is Ge Ge's first movie and it was a decent effort on his part. The movie is about a young musician played by Ge Ge who is unfortunately dying of an illness. His final wish is to have his favorite singer, Cecilia Cheung, sing a song that he'd composed. Due to a freak accident, apparently based on real events, phone numbers of celebrities were leaked to the public. Hu Ge dialed what he thought to be Cecilia Cheung's phone #, only to reach a regular, normal girl played by Zhou Bi Chang. I won't tell you what the ending is, but of course, it's no secret that Ge Ge's character dies at the end. That was pretty much a given from the sypnosis of the movie on the back of the DVD. Overall, this was an OK movie, nothing to write home to Mom about, but Ge Ge's performance was commendable. His acting has improved and he played the role of a terminally ill patient very well. He certainly looked sick and even got poked with real needles to give the movie some authenticity. I like the fact that the director didn't glamorize illness like most other series or movies. There are many scenes of Ge Ge suffering very much from his illness and they were heartbreaking scenes. I cried at the end. Watch it for Ge Ge; it's worth it if you're a fan! It's ironic how this movie shows Ge Ge in the hospital, in critical condition, when in reality, he *was* injured quite severely from a car accident. Funny how film roles can become real-life roles in the most twisted turn of events

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/224/bloodworkfq8.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/779/danrecoveryhj5.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/4723/601ij7.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/2047/dt2ot9.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/958/firststepsld8.jpg')

Here are some screencaps of "Bie Ai Wo" (aka, Till Death do Us Apart). This is the series where I found Ge Ge's acting most convincing. He really did a great job; I felt his pain, his joys and his love. His acting took on a new dimension in here, especially during scenes when he needed to get angry or emotional. He was never over-the-top. He played his emotions well, and improved tremendously acting-wise in here. Long gone are his wooden expressions. As an actor, Ge Ge shone here. This series is also poignantly well-written and the chemistry between Ge Ge and Vivian Hsu is believable. I never really enjoyed Vivian Hsu's acting but in here, her character is so loveable and feisty that I can't help but adore her. There are very humorous bits to this series thanks to her comical timing. I think that this is a breakthrough performance for Vivian as well. The plot is basically about a young artist (Ge Ge) who meets a "homeless" person (Vivian Hsu). He gives her a home to stay in and she becomes invovled in his life as they grow closer. She soon develops feelings for him but there's a secret that she's not telling him. It's a romantic, sweet series that I highly recommend. Ge Ge sings the theme song...it's a nice song but *coughs* I don't think he should quit his day job The only gripe I have about Ge Ge in his series is that he's TOO SKINNY. Gaaah, his cheeks look sunken and almost skeletal in some scenes. He looked even healthier when he was playing the role of a dying man in "601st Phone Call." Even Vivian Hsu looked meatier and more wholesome than he does. I hope that he takes better care of himself and eat! Regardless of Ge Ge's thinness which lessens his handsomeness to some extent, this is definitely a must-see series!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/7949/bieaiwotq1.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/8741/bieaiwo2tg6.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/5025/bieaiwo3pq8.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/6591/bieaiwo5hd5.jpg')
    Still cute but too skinny! Someone needs to wolf down some burgers and fries!!!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/3221/bieaiwo4rv9.jpg')
    So this is what he's been eating....no wonder he wasn't gaining weight...

Enjoy ~

Quote Originally Posted by AyaAsou
    Since I'm new to the forum and since I discovered that there's a Ge Ge thread here, forgive me for posting more pics of this wonderful actor for all to enjoy...hehee....

Here are some screencaps taken by me on some of Ge Ge's series/movie that I own:

601st Phone Call
    - This is Ge Ge's first movie and it was a decent effort on his part. The movie is about a young musician played by Ge Ge who is unfortunately dying of an illness. His final wish is to have his favorite singer, Cecilia Cheung, sing a song that he'd composed. Due to a freak accident, apparently based on real events, phone numbers of celebrities were leaked to the public. Hu Ge dialed what he thought to be Cecilia Cheung's phone #, only to reach a regular, normal girl played by Zhou Bi Chang. I won't tell you what the ending is, but of course, it's no secret that Ge Ge's character dies at the end. That was pretty much a given from the sypnosis of the movie on the back of the DVD. Overall, this was an OK movie, nothing to write home to Mom about, but Ge Ge's performance was commendable. His acting has improved and he played the role of a terminally ill patient very well. He certainly looked sick and even got poked with real needles to give the movie some authenticity. I like the fact that the director didn't glamorize illness like most other series or movies. There are many scenes of Ge Ge suffering very much from his illness and they were heartbreaking scenes. I cried at the end. Watch it for Ge Ge; it's worth it if you're a fan! It's ironic how this movie shows Ge Ge in the hospital, in critical condition, when in reality, he *was* injured quite severely from a car accident. Funny how film roles can become real-life roles in the most twisted turn of events
    So does he get to meet his idol, Cecilia? Does Cecilia make a cameo in this movie or does she have a bigger role?

Quote Originally Posted by AyaAsou
    and this is a photo of poor Ge Ge right after he got surgery on his right eye after the accident. I hope that he recovers soon too! He's had such a rough year (getting a fever on the set of LOCH, losing a close friend/colleague and now, getting injured enough to need so many stitches on his face from the accident). I hope that 2007 brings Ge Ge better luck!

He looks banged up pretty badly from this pic but he's still alive 'n kickin'! I like that even though he's probably in pain, he's still giving his fans a thumbs up sign. What a trooper!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/1528/dancliff03wk4.jpg')
    So what exactly happened? How did it all go down? I'm glad to see that's he doing well though, despite the serious injury and stitches.

Hi Beanybeans!

Re: Ge Ge's accident, from what I know, there were 3 people in the car when it hit head-on with an oncoming car. The 3 people were Hu Ge, his driver/assistant and his close friend/colleague. The accident killed Ge Ge's close friend/colleague and he and the driver were injured. Ge Ge's right eye was hurt very badly, and his head and chest was hurt too. He sustained a lot of stitches (something like 20 stitches) and his eye was operated on. He will have scars on his face and he got his skin grafted to try to cover up some of the imperfections. But Ge Ge continues to amaze me with his humbleness! He doesn't mind being scarred; he's grateful to be alive. The more I read about him and chatted with fans who've met him and claimed that he's such a wonderful, humble person, my admiration for him grows. I hope that he bounces back from this tragedy soon.

Apparently, it was reported that his parents and friends hid the fact that his colleage/friend didn't make it fro him for several weeks until his condition was stabilized. When he found out that she had passed away, he cried and asked to be alone. He wrote this in his journal, courtesy of HuGeKP.net:

醒来时,我感谢自己从声明的彼岸游回了人间。正当我重拾信心,将要启程之时,好友的逝去又让悲伤渗入到我的 生命。好多天,她的形象轮番占据着我的想象和思绪。我开始明白,活在生者的记忆里也是生命,这生命是永恒的 。

(When I woke up, I felt that I was being carried ashore by the gentle waves. At that moment, I wanted to live. Yet, waking up, I learnt my best friends death, and allowed despair enter my life. For so many days, her image appeared in front of me, allowing me to think of her. I slowly stared to understand, that for those left behind, their memories are their life. That life, will forever remain).

So does he get to meet his idol, Cecilia? Does Cecilia make a cameo in this movie or does she have a bigger role?
    Beanybeans, I don't want to spoil the ending of the 601st Phone Call movie to everyone so I'll write my answer in far, far below OK? I don't know how to "hide" a message and there's no fuction to make the font white....sorry!!!!

SPOILERS FOR "601st Phone Call" BELOW

Yes, Cecilia Cheung had a prominent role in this movie. She, Zhou Bi Chang and Hu Ge shared the same amount of screen time. Sadly, no, Hu Ge never got to meet his idol, Cecelia, because he was too sick by then. He was in ICU and on oxygen. Zhou Bi Chang's character, whom I suspected had a crush on Ge Ge, admitted to him that she wasn't Cecilia Cheung & that he had dialed the wrong number. So, in the end, on his death bed, Ge Ge finally dialed the right phone # and reached Cecilia. He sang the song he'd composed for Cecilia and his courage and hopeful spirit touched her so much, she began to cry for a complete stranger who she would never meet but who admired her so much. Ge Ge's character died soon after.... Zhou Bi Chang's character learned of Ge Ge's death and dreamt that she *had* met up with him and he was rollerblading around her, completely healthy. He was smiling happily at her and she was smiling back at him ... and that was the end.

not to spoil anything, but 601st phone number came out ages ago... like almost a year ago... but i really want to watch it coz im a fan of bi chang. My family says its really not hit in china, and not many people watched it coz they said it was boring... hope thats not true coz i saw some trailers, and it seems good.
    Sometimes it's hard to love someone because you're so afraid of losing them.

My friend who lives in HK said that "601st Phone Call" had average sales at the box office in Asia b/c the trailer was mis-leading. Apparently word was spread that this movie was a comedy when NOOOO, it's a very tragic story. Since Ge Ge dies at the end, there's nothing funny about his character's death. I haven't seen the trailer for this movie so I wouldn't know, but for sure, it's not a comedy. I'd say it's more of a drama than anything else.

I like this movie. I'm glad I bought the DVD and so far, I've watched it twice It's far from being perfect though. I thought that the main gist of it (a terminally ill musician whose last wish is to have his favorite singer sing a song he composed but ended up befriending an underdog girl (Zhou Bi Chang) instead) is really promising. However, the director poorly executed everything. There wasn't enough characterization for Cecilia, Ge Ge and Zhou Bi Chang. The audience was expected to accept that Ge Ge was dying, to accept that Ceciila was being harassed by her bosses and to accep that Zhou Bi Chang was considered to be a 1st class loser. Ther was no if, ands or buts. Also, there wasn't a good "flow" to the story. Everything looked like it had been poorly edited and then slapped together to make the final result.

Still, this movie isn't completely a waste of time. The redeeming factors in this movie is that Ge Ge's illness is portrayed very realistically, sometimes, too heartbreakingly realistically, in here. I read a review for this movie where the critic claimed that she had to look away at the scene where Ge Ge was coughing up blood. I didn't look away because I've seen this kind of thing before with my own father. My dad had cancer and he passed away from it last year. I *know* how sick patients look like and how much they often suffer up until their final breath for live. The director painted a very painful picture of the dying process but I applaud him for that. Far too often, actors and actresses whose characters are dying of some unfortunate illness look waaay too rosy-cheeked and robust to look even close to meeting their ancestors. In this movie, Ge Ge looked very sick. It made me pity Ge Ge's character even more and when he died, his death felt real because the cycles of pain and torment that he endured before his death was realistically portrayed.

I really enjoyed Zhou Bi Chang's performance in here too. She's inexperienced but her naiveness is perfect for her role. She also sang the ending theme song in this movie, a really beautiful song called "Hao Ma." If you want, I can send it to you. The OST for this movie, too, is beyond gorgeous! Heck, it's one of the BEST OSTs I've heard in a while!!!

YEA!! I LOVED THAT SONG!! I HAVE IT!! and i saw the mv for it too i love it...

yea i think they mixed up bi changs 'chun tian hua hua tong xue hui' its in cantonese & it was a comedy show... coz for both movies bibi had a wig on, but its just that the cantonese one is her and hong kong actresses. I liked it coz i understand canto more

I REALLY want to buy 601st phone call, just unfortunate it didnt go well in mainland china. my aunty who lives there (my family originates from china) says that people thought it wasnt good... hope it gets better though but 'chun tian hua hua tong xue hui' came out well...

Nah.... the trailer wasnt comedy... it was pretty tragic, it seemed a bit funny when it had bi chang saying 'da cuo le...' 'da cuo le...' 'DA CUO LE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!' but there were a few parts of ge ge in hospital so it wasnt really directed for comedy... but i dunno ...
    Last edited by girllikeme; 12-03-06 at 12:50 AM.
    Sometimes it's hard to love someone because you're so afraid of losing them.

AyaAsou: When I first saw your username, I assumed you're a big fan of 1 Liter of Tears/Erika Sawajiri/Ryo. I never would have guessed you're an even bigger Hu Ge fan. Welcome and thanks for all the information!
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Girllikeme, yeah, 601st Phone Call is worth seeing if you take into consideration what I've told you about the downside of the film I had really high expectations when I first saw it so it disappointed me. But when I saw for the second time around w/ my friend who had no expectations at all, it touched me & I enjoyed it better than the first time viewing it. My friend also really enjoyed it. It's a good movie with some flaws but still, an overall decent watch I really like Bi Chang's voice! She's not the 2nd runner up for the Super Girl contest, right? Her voice is so soulful & the "Hao Ma" song makes me weep *sniff* Sooo pretty & sad!!! Yeah...hehee...I laughed at the "Da Cuo Le!" parts too, poor Bibi! She's such an underdog in this movie, there's even a scene when she fell into a the sewer!!! Her character just can't seem to get a a break!

Lady Zhuge, yep, bingo!!! You guessed right. My nick is derived from the dorama "1 Litre of Tears." I love the characters of Aya & Asou-kun!! *squeals* It's one of my favorite doramas. I really cried 1 litre of tears after watching that series. Soo sad *sniff* But yeah... my heart is big enough to love Hu Ge too! He's my favorite chinese actor at the moment. He's such a promising actor & has a very endearing screen presence. You're welcome for the info! I just hope you don't find my rants overly lengthy. I type too much. I'm glad to be a part of this forum too! See you around???