Page 99 of 237 FirstFirst ... 498990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109149199 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,980 of 4735

Thread: Hu Ge (胡歌)

Yeah, I do remember that "monster" anecdote! Which confuses me though--if TR basically only does costume dramas, and they thought HG wouldn't look good in ancient wear...why did they sign him?? Or did they sign him after they cast him as Li Xiaoyao...but I seem to remember him saying he signed with TR before?

Anyways I do agree he looked best in his earlier series like CP1, SNYJJ, and Liao Zhai--however back then he had youth on his side as well as pre-car accident looks. I think he looks hotter in Unbeatable though compared to his recent ancient series (like LOCH, CP3, and *shudder* XYS). I kinda wish he had done an Unbeatable-type series back when he was younger...ah well.

^ They signed HG just before they filmed PAL1, and was automatically put into TR's 'ancient dramas blacklist'. The only explanation I can think of now (since my brain is totally fried after going through the work reports) is that they didn't realise HG wouldn't suit ancient dramas before they signed him. As for leading PAL1, I guess TR wanted to give their new artist a chance. It would boost his acting career too, as PAL1 was the first time any company had decided to film a drama based on an RPG game, thus the amount of followers for this drama was quite big.
    Last edited by H.Ge-C.Liu; 10-30-11 at 11:50 PM.
    Biases: Hu Ge, Qiao Zhenyu, Liu Shi Shi
    Jiang Hu Fansubs - Recruiting members (especially translators).

I actually like his CP3 look (well, not the costume and styling), probably because of the bangs.

I think his first project with Tangren was Dandelion, which was modern.
    我是个疯子疯子疯子只爱你的疯子 你是个傻子傻子傻子傻的却好懂事
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Heiress View Post
    I actually like his CP3 look (well, not the costume and styling), probably because of the bangs.

I think his first project with Tangren was Dandelion, which was modern.
    IMO, Longyang had the best costumes out of all the male characters. The Jiang Country episodes was my favourite part in PAL3. Since we're on the topic of past dramas, I'll ask a few questions:
    1. Does anyone know in which episode Jing Tian and Long Kui enter the Demon Locking Pagoda? ( Not the part where they retrieve the 镇妖剑 and defeat 天妖皇).

2. (This is hardly a drama related question, but anyways) Does anyone have the video TR filmed from their Egypt holiday (or is there even one?)? I can't seem to find it on any of the online streaming sites.

^^Just thought of that since in a modern MV, I saw a scene of LSS jumping off a bus with the label 'Ai Ji / Egypt'.

Oh yeah, I forgot about Longyang. That was definitely one of HG's best-looking roles IMO, and I agree with you that he had the best costume out of the male characters. I think Jiang Dynasty Long Kui had the best female costumes.

1. I don't know the answer to that one.
    2. I don't think they made a video other than Chen Long's music video that LSS was in. I don't recall seeing anything else.
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

Well, his CP1, CP3, and Yang Warriors (and Liao Zhai) were more or less variations of the same thing

Though I have to agree with H.Ge, his Long Yang looked the best overall, maybe followed by Ning Caicheng (Liao Zhai), then Li Xiaoyao. Jing Tian had pretty good hair and makeup, but his costume was...well, at least it was better than that red/orange suit+red shorts outfit of his

Oh yeah, I forgot about Longyang. That was definitely one of HG's best-looking roles IMO, and I agree with you that he had the best costume out of the male characters. I think Jiang Dynasty Long Kui had the best female costumes.

1. I don't know the answer to that one.
    2. I don't think they made a video other than Chen Long's music video that LSS was in. I don't recall seeing anything else.
    I would say Zi Xuan had the best female costumes (5) in PAL3. Long Kui had 4 dresses, which were all quite similar to the original Wide-sleeve fairy robe. (original one, blue/red one with the silver lining, tattered gown worn at Chenghuang Temple).
    Searched Chen Long's MV on youtube. Yup, that's it. Thanks Dragon. Probably got mislead because of the 'Egypt' label.

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Ying Ying View Post
    Well, his CP1, CP3, and Yang Warriors (and Liao Zhai) were more or less variations of the same thing

Though I have to agree with H.Ge, his Long Yang looked the best overall, maybe followed by Ning Caicheng (Liao Zhai), then Li Xiaoyao. Jing Tian had pretty good hair and makeup, but his costume was...well, at least it was better than that red/orange suit+red shorts outfit of his
    never watch cp1.
    his costume was a horror (minus the silver armor) in cp3
    Ning Caicheng (Liao Zhai)'s costume would have been sooooo great if his teeth wasn't jacked up back then. still hu ge is a dream. =)
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Quote Originally Posted by patricia n View Post
    never watch cp1.
    his costume was a horror (minus the silver armor) in cp3
    Ning Caicheng (Liao Zhai)'s costume would have been sooooo great if his teeth wasn't jacked up back then. still hu ge is a dream. =)
    LOL! Yea, when I rewatched some parts of CP1 a while back, all I could notice was the teeth!

CP had it's good and bad moments. The story seems to tie in better and appear to be more story oriented rather than comedy gag oriented like CP3. Unfortunately, there were still too many pointless dragging moments and certain characters that I just am not too fond of...

Oh my god, that was exactly my reaction when I went back to rewatch LZ recently! "How did I not notice how terrible his teeth were back then?!!!" It was slightly distracting!

I tried watching CP1 a few years ago (mainly for Hu Ge and Ady) but I could not get through the first few episodes...well I mean, I barely got through CP3 too.

But yeah, the terrible CP3 costumes are the reason why I cannot include that look in one of his "good" ones. Plus even his hair was not that great--I preferred the way they did the bangs much more in CP1/LZ/SNYJJ. (Somehow I feel that his CP3 bangs were kind of too straight and "raggedy" in some scenes...not the nice "swoosh"/sideswept ones he looks best in!)
    Last edited by mango_cake; 10-31-11 at 02:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mango_cake View Post
    Oh my god, that was exactly my reaction when I went back to rewatch CP1 recently! "How did I not notice how terrible his teeth were back then?!!!" It was slightly distracting!

I tried watching CP1 a few years ago (mainly for Hu Ge and Ady) but I could not get through the first few episodes...well I mean, I barely got through CP3 too.
    Well, the Xiaoyao-Rueyu-Ah7 arcs were the only parts worth watching IMO . I'd say skip the first few episodes and move on

Quote Originally Posted by H.Ge-C.Liu View Post
    I would say Zi Xuan had the best female costumes (5) in PAL3. Long Kui had 4 dresses, which were all quite similar to the original Wide-sleeve fairy robe. (original one, blue/red one with the silver lining, tattered gown worn at Chenghuang Temple).
    Searched Chen Long's MV on youtube. Yup, that's it. Thanks Dragon. Probably got mislead because of the 'Egypt' label.
    And there's a red version of the tattered thing and her super-original dress from before Long Yang gave her the original dress (probably my favourite one). Oh, and she also dressed up as a soldier but I'm not sure if that counts, lol!
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

Well, the Xiaoyao-Rueyu-Ah7 arcs were the only parts worth watching IMO . I'd say skip the first few episodes and move on
    Hmm...now that's a thought! I generally hate fast-forwarding through parts of series though but perhaps I will give this one another shot.

(Also...I clearly meant going back to rewatch LZ in my previous post, not CP1...lol.)

Anyways I loved Long Kui, Zi Xuan, and Changqing's costumes in CP3. Even supporting characters like Yuan Hong looked great...but I HATED most of Hu Ge's (except as you guys mentioned the LongYang ones) and Yang Mi's (except I think while she was still "tang xiao jie" she had a decent red one, and later a similar blue one...those were just ok). Even the Xi Yao/sky general (forgot his name, oops) costumes were kind of cheap-looking/over-the-top.

I realize TR didn't have a big budget back in the CP3 era, but there was just no excuse for the rags they put on HG/YM...

Agreed. The part where 'Li Gong Zi Shi Fu' taught Ah7 how to balance was especially memorable. I'm glad TR switched Esther Liu and Ady An. Personally, I don't think the XY-YR-Ah7 parts would be as worthwhile with Esther as Yue Ru.

On another note, I can't count how many times I've had to cover my ears when Ling'er would say 'Xiao Yao Ge'ge' (in a voice that clearly stated she was being mistreated,ignored), although I don't regret fan-girling XiaoLing.

From the CLEAR promotions:
    Signing (note the part where he jokes around with a little pepper):
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/6787c659tw1dmnp27xe0ug.gif')

Airport (卖萌/耍帅 @ his Peppers):
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/6288f26cjw1dmnho022tsg.gif')
    Last edited by H.Ge-C.Liu; 10-31-11 at 08:45 PM.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i808.photobucket.com/albums/zz1/christina_her/um/sd.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i808.photobucket.com/albums/zz1/christina_her/um/i-5.jpg')

Oh my my my H.Ge-C.Liu, you spoil me. Either that or you are trying to get me to eat my words. either way, I'm loving the sleek Xu Ran look. Half pics full pics, it doesn't matter to me as long as they are not of that hiddeous red/orange suit.

Quote Originally Posted by H.Ge-C.Liu View Post
    On another note, I can't count how many times I've had to cover my ears when Ling'er would say 'Xiao Yao Ge'ge' (in a voice that clearly stated she was being mistreated,ignored), although I don't regret fan-girling XiaoLing.
    I didn't notice her voice. i just kept admiring Xiao Yao & Ling'Er together They were just the most beautiful couple I've seen on TV Every picture of Xiao Yao & Ling'Er together is like a painting for keeps

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img3.lln.crunchyroll.com/i/spire2/09042008/e/f/1/a/ef1a79ea9d9490_full.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i2.asntown.net/h2//china/04/liu-yifei/Hu-Ge.jpg')
    Last edited by xiaolong; 11-01-11 at 05:01 PM.

I love XiaoYao and Linger, HG and LYF had undenable onscreen chemistry but off screen not so much, they seem so distance probably just me though, i saw some bts of them and they didnt seem as close as they were onscreen but still love them to death.

Anywais i found this awesome fan art of them and had to share omg *crying*
    (I love when they were leaning their head to each other while he carried her even though so sad)

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i808.photobucket.com/albums/zz1/christina_her/CluvH/tu.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i409.photobucket.com/albums/pp177/scrappinkym/Smiley%20Emoticons/Smiley-Crying.gif')
    I prefer the real life XiaoYao *ahem* HG but yeah so sad
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i808.photobucket.com/albums/zz1/christina_her/CluvH/wr.jpg')

MV starring HG, LYF, Huang Xiao Ming, Fan Bing Bing, FSF.

Corresponding poster:
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/62640d0fgw1dmpl3dun72j.jpg')