Thread: ROCH video game???

Default ROCH video game???

hi, ive heard ppl mentioned about ROCH game for PC, is it true? I heard it's like an RPG. If it's true, where can I get it? And do they have in ENglish??

I know of a Taiwanese version made some years ago

you could either download it, or buy it in stores/online

it's only in Chinese

There are many games based on JinYong novels, you just have to search around. I can't play most of them because of imcompability issues.

what is the name and where can i download the game?

I bought the sequel game for 35 ren while I was in China XD

that's like.. less than $7 Cdn

Quote Originally Posted by Yang Guo
    I bought the sequel game for 35 ren while I was in China XD

that's like.. less than $7 Cdn

hmmm..?thats kinda cheap...anyways i saw that game before in their website but couldnt find a download site lol...
    问世间情是何物,直教生死相许
    What on earth is love? Love is something that makes you willing to die for your beloved

A thoughtfully developed, fully-realized Jin Yong game for PS2, PS3, Gamecube, or X Box would be a dream come true.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    A thoughtfully developed, fully-realized Jin Yong game for PS2, PS3, Gamebox, or X Cube would be a dream come true.
    a online mmorpg would be better

Quote Originally Posted by shen long
    a online mmorpg would be better
    There are a couple. Jin Yong Online has been around for 5-6 years now, and has been through probably a dozen expansion packs by now. The good thing about it is that there's a LOT to do in the MMORPG, tons of places to visit, and a very established player base (There's about 800+ IDs up daily on the Malaysian server alone, although I'd place the actual number of players closer to 150 as multiple IDs are allowed, and if you really want to try everything and establish yourself, necessary). The downsides are that the graphics are rather dated, it's almost impossible to catch up (martial-arts wise) with the other established players (although there are tons of powerful IDs for sale, most of them have rather weak names), the game has almost reached a kind of plateau (because almost every fighter is using the same dozen or so martial arts) and finally, to be quite frank there's very little roleplay, if any, remaining in the game (at least on the Malaysian server). I treat it as a neverending RPG which other RL people are playing at the same time who you can chat with. Despite the ability to form your own clan, create your own martial arts, and customise your wuxia fantasy in almost any way (I'm from Wudang, with taijiquan, but also picked up gems like Yijinjing, Luoying Shenjian Zhang, Star-Shifting Stance and Left-Right Technique) the game mechanics and game atmosphere remain entirely separate, and you never feel like you're really part of Jin Yong's world - rather, it's merely a platform for your real-life friends to engage in a virtual rat-race. Some of us try to just enjoy ourselves, but we're few and far between.

The people who created JY Online released JY2 Online last year, and it looks quite good. Unfortunately it's a bit of a system hog, and the same atmosphere prevails - no roleplay and generally people trying to powerlevel themselves up. Being a new release, it's also rather lacking in variety, and access to the best skills probably hasn't even been implemented (I worked my way up in Wudang learning Wudang long fist for ages and never got a sniff of taijiquan before I quit). If you're looking to get a group of friends and play together, though, I'd recommend JY2 (if you have a decent graphics card), as I'm really not sure how long JY1 will be able to continue (addicted as I am to it).

Both games are released by Chinesegamer, and you can visit their website at www.chinesegamer.net. Alternatively, replace the www with jy and jy2 for the respective websites of both games. Both games are in Chinese, though, but it's not a bad thing. I can see an English version of JY Online being rather hard to implement.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    A thoughtfully developed, fully-realized Jin Yong game for PS2, PS3, Gamebox, or X Cube would be a dream come true.

hahax...these maybe a dream come true lol...i must be dreaming.. ..anyway its rather complicated to make a Jin Yong game lol
    问世间情是何物,直教生死相许
    What on earth is love? Love is something that makes you willing to die for your beloved

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao_Long_nu
    hahax...these maybe a dream come true lol...i must be dreaming.. ..anyway its rather complicated to make a Jin Yong game lol
    there used to be a LOCH game on PS1 but i never have an opportunity to try it out. I have tried JY2 Online, it is quite good but there are two many cheaters on this game so in the end it sort of sucks badly

Quote Originally Posted by Evil East
    there used to be a LOCH game on PS1 but i never have an opportunity to try it out. I have tried JY2 Online, it is quite good but there are two many cheaters on this game so in the end it sort of sucks badly

cheaters are freaks lol...anyway so what if they cheat..we play fairly and defeat them lol..
    问世间情是何物,直教生死相许

If someone knows the link for the english version can u please tell me? ........lolz thanx

Quote Originally Posted by yeung gor 2
    If someone knows the link for the english version can u please tell me? ........lolz thanx

In my opinion i dont think there is a english version..
    问世间情是何物,直教生死相许

In my opinion i dont think there is a english version..
    ok thanx anyway

Yup, there is a ROCH rpg for pc. I'm one of the lucky one to have it. The graphics is superb. Great game. Unfortunately, it's out of print. So it won't be easy to find it.

There are at least 3 ROCH computer games. The first one was released in the early (or mid) 90s by Soft-World; the second and third were made by IS. The second and third ones just divide the story of ROCH in half (very popular method used these days for making Wuxia novel-based games), and are in full 3D; the first one told the story as a whole, and has some primative graphics (similar to JYQXZ). There could have been more, but those are the three that I know of.

Does anyone know where I would be able to download these games? If they are not available for downloads anyone have links to reviews so I can see what they look like?