View Poll Results: Do u agree that Gerrard & Lampard can play together in midfield for England?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agree

5 83.33%
  • Disagree

1 16.67%

Thread: England's midfield problem

Default England's midfield problem

Well, many think that Steven Gerrard and Frank Lampard should not play together in midfield because they both are too similar in the way they play. but i think both of them worked together quite alright. dropping either one of them on the bench doesnt seem right. Gerrard has always been the heart of the england midfield and lampard's been impressive since starting for England. Plus, Lampard was the best English player during Euro2004. Gerrard can sat back and defend when Lampard attacks and Lampard doing the same when Gerrard moves to the front,so i dont see anything wrong with them playing together. in fact,i'm more concern for England's right and left wings.

Well.. Joe Cole is very good as a wing player

Quote Originally Posted by WuTang_Heroes
    Well.. Joe Cole is very good as a wing player
    Yeah.joe cole certainly did not let everyone down on his England debut.He fits just alright on the left wing. but the problem on who's most suitable to play on the right remains. i dont see why Beckham should not be dropped onto the bench by Eriksson after his recent poor performance and put on some better attacking options like Shaun Wright-Phillips. i mean, so what if Beck's a superstar and captain of England? what has he proven so far? None!

gerrard is overated, good player but overated. lampard is piss poor as a defensive midfielder. can they play together? sure...the coach should always play his best players, imo.

England is perdominately a 'white' team..... I don't get why so many Asians go so gar gar over England...

I just hope they play the likes of Gerrad and Lampard togther so they can get torn up by the opposition...

ENGLAND = TEARS FOR SOUVENIRS
    "Seems, madam! Nay it is, I know not seems!" - Hamlet, William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by Long
    I just hope they play the likes of Gerrad and Lampard together so they can get torn up by the opposition...
    Well, dont think you'll get your wish granted.playing Gerrard and Lampard together wont get England torn up by the opposition,on the other hand, both of them will give the forwards plenty of top quality passes & crosses that will certainly cause trouble to the opposition defenders.also,they can get u goals too from any sort of range.

Gerrard and Lampard play okay in Midfield together .....who else could replace them.........
    J Cole.....Gerrard......Lampard......Beckham (Shaun Wright-Phillips as supersub) in the midfield currently....there aren't that many other top English midfielders.....(theres always Scholes??)

Arsene Wenger=The Professor
    Last edited by Big AL Cho; 04-01-05 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Big AL Cho
    Gerrard and Lampard play okay in Midfield together .....who else could replace them.........
    J Cole.....Gerrard......Lampard......Beckham (Shaun Wright-Phillips as supersub) in the midfield currently....there aren't that many other top English midfielders.....(theres always Scholes??)

Arsene Wenger=The Professor
    Well,Sven could try playing Wayne Bridge in place of Beck cuz if i'm not mistaken,Bridge has played on the left or right hand side of midfield for England once on a friendly.Other than his pace,he can deliver plenty of good crosses into the penalty box just like what he did for Chelsea under Ranieri