Thread: Bittersweet (Bitter's Sweet Temptation)

Default Bittersweet (Bitter's Sweet Temptation)

Won Bin, Song Ye Jin, Kwong Sang Woo, Kim Jun Hwa
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v46/spotneck/bittersweetposter.gif')
    Summary:

When Bitter Temptations, a giant coffee distributor in America set it's
    eyes on the asian market, it decided to strike a deal with Korea's leading
    tea distributor. Eager to show his father that she's more than they think
    she is, Ye Jin/Alice embarks to go back to her native land to oversee the
    upcoming union of the two companies,finding herself facing an oppurtunity
    to be finally free.
    Won Bin falls in love with Jun Hwa but Jun Hwa chose to
    help the family instead by making Sang Woo to fall in love with her,
    giving up her love for Won Bin.
    Meanwhile, Sang Woo is determined to remain a bachelor forever but suddenly
    finds it hard to do so when he falls for Jun Hwa.

Song Ye Jin/ Jeon Ye Jin/Alice Jeon- Daughter of Bitter Temptation's CEO.
    A korean born in America,she's been pampered since she was young
    therefore it made her dependent.She yearns to be free and learn how to
    be an ordinary person.

Won Bin/Park Won Bin-Youngest son of KTD's Chairman. He's quiet and
    grew up with insecurities towards his brother who seems to have everything.
    He falls in love with Jun Hwa but finds out she has her eyes on his
    brother.

Kim Jun Hwa/ Lee Jun Hwa- daughter of one of the shareholder's of KTD.
    When her father died, they left their family with a lot of liabilities.
    She gives up her love for Won Bin to be able to help her family.

Kwong Sang Woo/Park Sang Woo -President of KTD. He's a certified lady's
    man and is afraid of commitments because he thinks that girls are
    only interested in him because of his money.He's brilliant in business
    and the most popular bachelor in Seoul.
    Last edited by spotneck; 03-27-05 at 09:36 AM.
    you cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore nie yuan

Default Chapter One: Stereo Typical

Chapter One:

Martha's Vineyard, USA

She was running away from the dark gloomy castle that had been her home and prison for the past twenty-two years. She did not mind that she was running barefoot. She looked around when she reached the end of the road that leads to the Palace. There he was! Her Prince had come to rescue her and he was riding a white steed. She smiled at him and he grinned back at her as he extended his hand out for her. She hitched her gown and ran up to him. He helped her mount the white steed.

"Are you ready to ride off into the sunset with me my princess?" he asked her.

"Ready as ever!" she responded with absolute delight.

The prince gave the horse a mighty kick and the horse broke into a gallop. The breeze felt so good, it ruffled her hair and caressed her skin. She looked back and saw the Palace fading. She smiled with satisfaction and closed her eyes as she savored her freedom. She felt the horse run faster and faster. She opened her eyes; the horse was running so fast now she tried to hold on to her prince but his waist seemed to getting wider and wider.

"Slow Down!" she shouted but the horse went even faster. She was losing her grip and seconds later she found herself slipping of the horse. With a loud thud, she fell from the horse.

Alice Jeon woke up with a start. She had fallen off her four-poster bed. Her alarm clock was ringing crazily. She quickly put it off. She rubbed her backside and stretched. She stood up and adjusted her Victoria secret nightie. At that precise moment, three maids entered into her room. One maid was bringing her breakfast, the other one was on her way to draw her bath and the last one was went to her walkthrough closet to fetch her outfit for that day. Alice yawned widely, first thing in the morning she already gets bored.

Karla, her mother's personal assistant came into the room as she tore off a piece of her buttered toast, "Alice, you are going to accompany your parent today. They are going to play tennis with the Montegracias."

Alice completely ignored her as she tore another piece of toast. Everyday it was like this, her day would be already planned by someone else. Even if it was summer vacation, it never felt like one. She was starting to hate waking up everyday. The Montegracias were one of the major shareholders of Bitter Temptations, a leading distributor of gourmet coffee in the US and Latin America. Her father had just been elected as the corporation's President CEO after Mario Montegracia left the company for an early retirement. She wasn't that dumb to notice that her parents were pairing her up with the Montegracia's only pimply son Cornelio. She wasn't one to judge people physically but she just find Cornelio and his mama's-boy personality a complete turn-off.

Two hours later, she found herself sitting in a plastic chair next to the pimply Cornelio in an exclusive country club. Already, this day was going downhill. With her tennis racket in her hand she watched her parents play with the Montegracias.

"This new expansion project is really going make us earn a lot of profits in no time," Mr. Jeon said as he hit the tennis ball with his racket.

"I know! This is why I wasn't worried when I left the company in your hands," Mr. Montegracia said as he missed the tennis ball.

"He's been talking about it every night like a mantra," Mrs. Jeon said as she took her serve.

"I am more excited to see our Dear Cornelio on Monday. He's going to start working for the company," Mrs. Montegracia said proudly.

"Oh yes! There is no doubt that he'll be as good as his father someday," Mrs. Jeon agreed as she missed the ball for the second time.

Alice couldn't believe it. Cornelio was finally getting a job and she wasn't. "Dad, why can't I work for the company too?"

Mr. Jeon chuckled. " Alice, the office is not a place for you. You'll do better with accompanying your mother in charitable functions."

Alice felt like she had been slapped, her temper rose. "Dad, I did not graduate from one of those Ivy League Universities just so I can look pretty for those stupid social functions! I'm twenty-two years old and I'm a business major graduate, I think I can handle working for the company! Must I be looked down upon as just a shallow rich girl like that Hilton girl?"

Mr. Montegracia looked thoughtful as he missed another ball, " She had a point there. Maybe you should give her a chance to prove herself."

"I think Alice can do it. It would be better if she learned the ropes right now," Cornelio butted in.

I'll think about it." Mr. Jeon said as he prepared to serve. Suddenly he lost his balance and in a split second, he was on his butt.

"Oh Dear!" Mrs. Jeon exclaimed as she helped her husband. "Alice, call an ambulance!"

"It's my leg again. It just started to hurt!" Mr. Jeon complained. Clearly, he was in pain.

Alice rolled her eyes. She was going to work and she is going to prove to her father that she is no shallow rich girl.

Seoul Korea

Won Bin backed out of their driveway in his new red sport's car. He wanted to see how fast it could go. He sped down the street feeling an unexplainable thrill run down his veins. All of a sudden his mobile phone rang, "Hello?"

He recognized the sad voice on the other end of the line as his best friend Jun Hwa. She was sobbing. He suddenly felt concerned; he knew that there was something wrong. "He passed away, thirty minutes ago," her voice came in before breaking into another sob.

He suddenly braked causing his new sports car to bump into a post. "Damn!" he started to curse but then he remembered that he was still talking to Jun Hwa. She was crying so she did not notice his cursing.

"Listen, I'm on my way. Just hang on, ok?" he told her before she said goodbye. He walked out of the car to exam the damage. One of the front lights broke and there was a four-inch gash at the side. He cursed loudly.

There was no time to rush the car to the shop. He needs to be by Jun Hwa's side. Her father had just died and he knew that she needs him. Jun Hwa's mother would be no help at all; she had been very emotionally sensitive since Mr. Lee slipped into a coma two weeks ago. Jun Hwa was the only one that their mother had relied on to make decisions and she was really having a difficult time.

He had been helping her, because he hates to see her sad. Won Bin went back in the car and made his way to the hospital. He hated to admit it but he loved her more than a friend. He was just so scared to admit it to her and now is not the right time anyway.
    She was the only girl he'd imagine himself to be with.

He made his way through the city and later found himself stuck in traffic. "Damn!' he muttered. He waited impatiently; he looked at his side and saw a newsstand. He couldn't help but notice that his brother had managed to get into the front page of another tabloid. He wasn't surprised that he did. The town was going crazy for his brother. He had been taking the social scene by storm. He's been dating every beautiful model, actress or socialite. In every party he has been, the girl he brings always upstage every girl in that party. That was his famous brother.

The go signal glowed and he sped off to the hospital. It only took him ten minutes to locate Jun Hwa. Thanks to her howling mother, it wasn't hard to find them. He quickly gave her a hug. She had been soothing her mother but the harder she did the louder her mother howled.

"You take care of her and I'll go see what I can do to help," he said. He walked briskly towards the hospital's morgue. This was his first time to go inside a morgue and he clearly he does not anticipate it. He entered in and saw Mr. Lee's bloated body. He quickly looked away as he approached a man.

"Are you a member of the family?" he asked him.

"No, but I was sent here because his wife is in dispose," Won Bin answered. "Is there anything I could do?"

"There are a lot of things. Tell his family that he needs his clothes sorted out. A fresh and crease-less suit would do and a shiny pair of shoes. We need it as soon as possible, his coffin will arrive later this afternoon." the man instructed.

"Ok." he ran back to where Jun Hwa and her family were. Her mother had calmed down.

"We need to get his clothes." Won Bin started to whisper to Jun Hwa.

Unfortunately, her mother had heard and she started to howl again.

"Mom. Please." Jun Hwa pleaded.

It was more than enough for her mom that she collapsed in a faint.

Won Bin was lucky enough to catch Mrs.' Lee as Jun Hwa called a nurse.

Won Bin let out a loud sigh as Jun Hwa ran to the nurse's station to seek help. This was going to be a long day.
    Last edited by spotneck; 03-28-05 at 04:30 AM.
    you cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore nie yuan

Default Chapter TWo: Mr. Nice Guy

Chapter Two: Mr. Nice Guy

“Piece of cake! “ Sang Woo said as he placed the receiver down. He had just closed a deal with one of the tea suppliers in China. He stretched his hands and propped his feet on top of his desk after he made sure that his office door was closed properly.

Her mobile phone rang and he answered it. “ Hi honey, which party are we going to tonight?” came in a sultry voice. It was Jini, his date for the past three parties he had attended. He met Jini at a party a month ago and was struck by how pretty she is. She started asking her to go with him to the parties. She was a fine girl to show off but the media was now getting used to her and he had to dump her fast. He can’t stand her horse-like laugh anymore.

“Honey, something just come up and I doubt that I will be able to go to that party at all. You may find it best if you just go hang out with one of your friends,” he said briskly.

“Oh come off it, I know that you are probably tired of me,” she whined. Sang Woo smirked, she was on the right track.

“ Jin, I was thinking that you would not like the night life to be taken out of you. You know how busy I am and parties are just on the third or fourth in my list of priorities.” Sang Woo started to say. He was really getting tired of this. He decided to take out his last card. “It was fun going out with you and I deeply appreciate your company but I feel like we are not meant for each other.”

“You’re breaking up with me?” Jini asked .

“Who ever said we are in a relationship anyway?” He said and he was on the verge of loosing his cool.

“Fine!” she answered. “I’ll just give that diamond necklace you gave me back later.”

“No need. It’s yours. Keep it as a remembrance.”

Jini slammed the phone down and Sang Woo rubbed his ear for a while. Just as he placed his mobile phone on his desk, it rang again.

“Jini, I don’t want that necklace back. Just don’t come here…” he started to say.

“Hey Bro,” Won Bin’s voice came in.

“What’s up?”

“Mr. Lee just died,” his brother reported.

“Oh, extend my condolence to the family then, “he said.

“Why don’t you do it yourself? Their family is one of our family’s friends. Mr. Lee is one of the company’s incorporator. If it weren’t for him you would not be managing a company like that now.” His brother said annoyed.

”He only owns two percent of the stocks. That’s not much contribution. I’ve got a lot of things to do and I will make sure that his papers will be arranged,” Sang Woo said. “I’ll take care of his documents.”

“Fine!” his brother said, “ and when you’ve snapped back into your right senses why don’t you just go and jump in a lake.”

Sang Woo rubbed his ear again as his brother slammed down the phone, he was probably calling from a phone, he must have forgotten his own mobile phone again. He could not understand why his brother was a sensitive emotional freak who can be forgetful all the time. He wondered how he was going to be able to teach his brother to be like him. His brother wears his heart on his sleeve that it makes him an easy prey for the people who wanted to take advantage of their family’s wealth.

He pressed a button on his desk to page his secretary. In an instant, his secretary Mr. Go came in.

“Mr. Lee just died. I need you to arrange the insurance documents of Mr. Lee and contact attorney Cho and inform him. Order fresh flowers for Mr. Lee and make sure it is the most expensive ones. I was about to go to a party tonight, tell them I won’t go.”

“Yes sir. Mr. Cho bowed and he walked out of the door.

The phone rang again and Sang Woo answered it.

“President. Park, this President Jeon, I’m calling to tell you that I might postpone my visit there next month to another month.”

“President Jeon, I am truly sorry to hear that but I have to tell you that postponing your visit can have a large impact on our stocks. The stock market has really been eager for this deal to be done and postponing your visit might cost the stock prices to go down. Can’t you at least send a representative or someone in your behalf?” Sang Woo asked him worriedly.

“President Park, I think that maybe I can send someone on my behalf. Maybe Vice President Smith will do.” Mr. Jeon suggested.

“Oh he would do but you know that the shareholders really don’t trust Americans after that sham that happened to VD Corporation. It would be better if you send someone with Korean blood that works for your company.” He said.
    “That’s a big problem. There are three Koreans working for our company here. One is on a sick leave, the other is on a trip to Brazil and the last one is pregnant. Anyway, I’ll see what I can do. I have this project’s best interest at heart and I’ll really find a way.”

“You do that President Jeon.” He said his goodbye and placed the receiver back down.

Sang Woo took a deep breath. Mr. Jeon should better find a way to solve this problem. The stock market has been experiencing difficulties these past month and the company’s project to join with one of the US’s leading gourmet coffee distributors took the stock market by storm. He only hoped that Mr. Jeon would really find someone to come on his behalf.

His phone rang again and saw that it was Jini calling him again, “Not again!” he groaned.

Two weeks later Jun Hwa, wiped her clammy hand on her black skirt. They were in Attorney Cho’s office to know what her father had written into his Last Will and Testament.

“Being of sound mind and body, I bequeath to my beloved wife, Hyun three items. The first is a gold engraved pocket watch that my late father has passed down to me. Although it does not work anymore, the gold is antique and still have value if you pawn it. The second is my personal diary. I hope that she will enjoy reading my personal thoughts now that she had my permission to read it. And the third and final item is my most treasured possession- the samurai sword I got from my first trip to Japan.”

Her mother burst into tears. Jun Hwa ran a finger over the hem of her black skirt. Her father had loved that sword and placed it in a glass case.

Mr Cho continued to read, “ The balance of my estate, including my house shall be divided upon my three children, Jun Hwa- 23, Jun Woo-16 and Jun Hyun-13.”

Mr. Cho went on to read as Jun Hwa found herself dozing off.

After it was read Jun Hwa let out a huge sigh of relief. Thank God it’s over. She stood up and helped her mother when Mr. Cho spoke, “ I’m afraid Ms. Lee that that’s not all.”

“There’s more?” Jun Hwa asked him.

“Yes, I’m afraid so. During the last year of your father’s life, he had incurred a large liability. You Ms. Lee is now responsible to pay for it.”

Jun Hwa froze, “How much is it?”

“Your father incurred a total of Five Million Dollars with interest to separate creditors.”

“He what?!” Jun Hwa exclaimed, “ And just how did he think we can pay that? I can’t sell our house and even if I do it won’t be that much. Why did he do this to us? He borrowed dollars? Where did the money go?”

“That I do not know Miss Lee. Your father had said that he was coming up with a surprise for the family but he never said anything more when I asked him about it. He just said that I will know in time. All I have are the Notes Payable he left. He really never expected to die so suddenly. There is still time to come up with something Miss Lee. Payments are still due next six months.” Mr. Cho said.

Jun Hwa’s mother howled even louder. She absent-mindedly patted her mother’s back. There must be something she could do, “ I can sell his shares in KTD and our ten hectare land. That would at least cover half of it.”

“I’m sorry Ms. Lee but you have forgotten that your father stated here that you can’t sell those until you are married to a respectable and responsible husband whose assets if combined is three times more his assets.” Mr Cho said quoting from his father’s will.

“Father is nuts! I’m still going to pay for my siblings’ tuition fee and just how surprised are we?” She muttered.

“For goodness’s sake Jun Hwa, don’t talk about your father that way!” Her mother said in between sniffs.

“I wish I could do something about this but there’s nothing I can’t do.” Mr. Cho said sadly.

“We’ll talk some other day Mr. Cho. I’ll just need days to get this over with.” She said flatly.

Jun Hwa helped her mother on her feet as the walked out of his office. She couldn’t help but hear her mother mutter under her breath, “ What use is his permission when I’ve read his diary more than thrice already.”
    Last edited by spotneck; 03-28-05 at 04:43 AM.

Default Chapter Three: Dreams and Nightmares

Chapter Three: Dreams and Nightmares

Won Bin placed his teacup down as he saw Jun Hwa enter their house. He could see that she was in a bad mood. She flopped down on the seat in front of him. He stared at her; she was elegantly dressed as usual. Before he could ask what was bothering her, she looked at with a concerned look on her beautiful face.

“What happened to you?” It looks like you haven’t been sleeping well,” she said.

Won Bin gulped down his entire tea to buy some time before answering her. The truth was he had been having nightmares.

That day when he was the one who looked over the embalming of Jun Hwa’s father seemed to have a lasting impression on him. He could not take out of his mind the horrifying picture of Mr. Lee body being sewn together to look firm and how the men at the morgue cut the expensive suit he had bought for Mr. Lee to wear at the back part to fit Mr.Lee’s dead body. Chills crept up his spine as he recalled that moment; he swore that he would rather be cremated as soon as possible when his time comes. Nevertheless, he’s more than willing to suffer a few nightmares just to help Jun Hwa.

“It’s just that I’ve been watching live feeds of basketball games lately on cable that’s why,” he lied.

“Listen, I just wanted to thank you for all your help. You don’t know how much it meant to me. You’ve given up precious time to help me out.” Jun Hwa said sincerely.

Won Bin softened, “Don’t be silly Jun Hwa. He’s been like a second father to me.

Mr. Lee had indeed been like his father. During his rebellious days, his own father was on the verge of disowning him but Mr. Lee had been there to talk to him and tell him things that soon entered his thick skull and eventually subdued his rebellious mind.

Just then, Chairman Park entered the room. Jun Hwa got on his feet and thanked him for the flowers that he sent during the wake.

“Jun Hwa, you’ve grown into one fine lady. I’m sure that your father is proud of you wherever he is now,” Chairman Park praised Jun Hwa.

“Chairman Park, would it be possible to have a word with you?” Jun Hwa asked him.

His father agreed and they left him at the den. Won Bin heard a car arrive in their driveway and sure enough his brother had arrived.

As usual his presence annoyed him. San Woo entered and eyed him snottily. He knows that look, its either the have-you-got-nothing-better-to-do or that you’re-so-lazy stare. He could never differentiate those two looks from one another. He tried his best to ignore his older brother.

“Where’s father?” Sang Woo asked him.

“In his study. He’s talking with Jun Hwa,” Won Bin answered him.

“I saw your new sports car and it has a dent and an ugly gash.” His brother said, “Aren’t you old enough for those drag racing thingy? Goodness Won Bin you do not know how much that car is worth. I’m sure that you won’t be able to afford a car like that even if you work for a year.”

Won bin glared at his brother, “Is money all you care about? I can pay for that out of my trust fund.” As soon as he said that he wished he could take it back. What was he thinking? His trust fund would be completely be wiped out if he did that.

“Oh shut up, you don’t know what you’re talking about. I won’t let you pay for it/ It’s your birthday gift….” His brother started to give him a long lecture on being responsible and earning money.

Won Bin hates how his family treats him like an irresponsible child. As his brother proceeded with his sermon that he have heard a million times before, he stared off in space dreaming of Jun Hwa.

New York USA

Alice strutted into the hallway leading to the Advertising and Promotions department of Bitter Sweet Corporation. Her Prada hand bag dangled from one hand. She had on her new suit and four inch Manolos.

The Advertising and Promotions department occupies the entire 7th floor of the massive building. There was an office and a studio where commercials are shot and photos for promotions of the product where taken. Alice went into the office and presented her ID.

“Ms. Jeon, your father had asked for you to work at the studio and not in here. Mr. David has been waiting for you,” the young woman said.

Alice felt a rush of excitement. Fredrick David was a professional photographer who had worked with top models for make-up ads. Maybe he would make her his creative consultant or probably make her a model. Alice had thought up a lot of possibilities by the time she entered the cavernous studio. All around there were ladders, props, and lights.

Excitedly, she entered the studio expecting everyone to notice her. Nobody even glanced up. She cleared her throat, “Excuse me, I’m Ms. Jeon and I need to see Mr. David.”

A funny looking man looked up from his work, “I’m Mr.David and it’s nice to meet you Ms. Jeon. Ms. Bridge please show Ms. Jeon what she’ll be doing.”

A chubby woman took her to a tiny room. She handed her a box of envelopes and stickers. “Here you go dear. Just stick the stickers on the back of the envelopes.” She showed her how like she was a kid.

Alice thanked the Ms. Bridge. This was not what she had expected.

Later that day, she ran into the elevator. She was going to see her father. He would teach him a lesson. As she entered the elevator, he saw Cornelio and he was impeccably dressed with a fashionable briefcase in his right hand and a cup of coffee in his left hand. His face brightened when he saw her, “How’s work today Alice?”

“Boring.” Alice said. “ All I did was stick stickers on the back of the envelopes and arrange file in alphabetical order. How about you?”

“I just drafted my first proposal to acquire more suppliers from Mexico because it would be cheaper and the quality is better. I was planning for a trip there next week to start researching. I’m going to present it at the next board meeting.”

Alice looked at him enviously. Why was he given a real job while she wasn’t? Her father is going to hear a lot from her. She can’t wait to give him a piece of her mind.
    The elevator stopped at the 30th floor and she got out.

She went into his father’s office, “Dad, what kind of job did you give me? It’s an insult to me. Why was Cornelio given a real job? Do you think I’m just a sore loser who can’t do anything?”

Mr. Jeon placed the phone back on the receiver. Apparently, he was talking to someone when she entered. “Honey, don’t you like your job. It does not require you to sweat.”

‘That is not the kind of Job I want. I’d rather work at a fast food than spend my week doing those jobs.” Alice started to feel her eyes watered. “Am I too dumb to handle real work?”

Mr. Jeon heaved a sigh. “Alice, I never said or think that you are dumb. I’m sorry I might have made a mistake. From now on, I’m going to trust you. I’ll move you to another department tomorrow.”

Alice nodded. She was about to leave when her father called her again, “I think I just had a brilliant idea. How would you like to go to Korea?”

Alice looked at him excitedly. “Are you kidding me? I would love too! I haven’t been there for years.”

Alice’s father looked worried, “That’s the problem. You haven’t been there for years. How exactly are you going to find around Seoul?”

“Dad, there’s a thing called a map.” Alice said. “I’m twenty-two and I can very much take care of myself. I have been to Paris once and I was able to come back here alive.”

“But that was with your friends.”

“Oh, Dad! Would you stop treating me like a child? I’m so tired of it.” Alice allowed a tear to roll down her eyes. Her tears have never failed her before. Her father hated to see her only child cry.

“OK.” He finally gave in hesitantly. “We have to plan this carefully. OK?”

Alice smiled. Finally she could feel her freedom is just around the corner. Her dream will finally come true.

Default Chapter Four: The Carousel

Chapter Four: The Carousel

Sang Woo finished his sermon and his brother seemed to have escaped to another planet. Sang Woo felt annoyed. He had always been the one who reprimands his brother about his behavior because their father had a weak heart already. His mother would have killed him if he involved his father in dealing with Won Bin.

Sang Woo remembered those days when Won Bin was young and reckless. He had almost lost his life when a train almost hit him. It had been a stupid dare that his younger brother did to impress his fraternity brothers. Aside from almost losing his life, it also gave their father a mild stroke.

Sang Woo entered his father’s study. He was so eager to tell him that profits for this quarter was bigger than their target. He couldn’t have been so proud of himself. There he was with a pretty girl.

Sang Woo met her eyes, she looked familiar but it is as if he had seen her only then. The girl blushed and Chairman Park cleared his throat.

“Sang Woo, I’m sure you still remember Lee Jun Hwa.”

The girl gave a slight courtesy. She was really pretty. The last time he had seen her, she was still an awkward teenager who had braces and glasses. She was often her younger brother’s conscience. He’d never known that this once ugly duckling could turn into a swan.

Sang Woo gave his father a wide smile. It’s time to play his favorite game: flirting. “Father, I’ve just come to tell you that profits for this quarter is higher than the expected rate. We earned 10% more than we had expected.”

His father smiled at him, “You know this is why I trusted you to take care of the company because you know what you’re doing.”

“I’m simply brilliant.” Sang Woo said. At the corner of his eye, he saw Jun Hwa frown. He’d never known a girl who would frown at this kind of info. Most of the girls he knew would swoon and be impressed. There must be something wrong with this girl.

“Sang Woo, it’s good that you’re here. I need you to give Jun Hwa a job at our company.” Chairman Park said.

Sang Woo looked at Jun Hwa wondering what impression she has of him now. “ Of course, I’ll try to look for a vacant position for you Ms. Lee. Just stop by my office tomorrow.”

Jun Hwa said her thanks and bid her farewell. Just as she was going out of the door, Sang Woo made his last attempt, he flashed her with a wide smile that never failed him before. Jun Hwa completely ignored him and Sang Woo never felt this way before, he felt his manly ego deflate.

When Jun Hwa left, his father cleared his throat again, “Sang Woo, please take good care of Jun Hwa. Her father had really been a true friend to me and I owed him a lot of respect. He had been almost like a father to Won Bin, a role that I failed to do.”

Sang Woo always knew that their father feels guilty about not being there when Won Bin was growing up. He had been too busy with the company during Won Bin’s rebellious years. Materially, his father had been a good father to Won Bin. He had given him everything he wished for. He had blamed himself whenever Won Bin got into trouble.

“Father, Won Bin had changed, it was just a phase that teenagers normally pass and those days are over. There is no need to put the blame on yourself.”

Mr. Park nodded. “You’re right. I’m just thankful that you did not pass through that kind of phase. You are a very responsible person and this is why I’m asking you to look after Jun Hwa. She’s really going through a lot of trouble right now.”

Sang Woo felt concerned but did his best not to let his father see it. “What troubles?” he asked his father casually.

“Never you mind,” Mr. Park said. “Just do what I’ve requested.”

Sang Woo nodded. It was never a job to look after a pretty girl.

Jun Hwa was glad that Won Bin was waiting for her.

“Jun Hwa, I think you need to cheer-up.” Won Bin said. He took her hand and led her to his car.

Jun Hwa knew that she needed some cheering-up. She smiled as Won Bin started the car.

Jun Hwa smiled as Won Bin led her to their all time favorite ride, The Carousel. She remembered how when they were young this was their favorite ride. She perfectly remembered that twelve years ago, Won Bin had wanted to be a cowboy but his father never allowed him to have a horse in their farm because he knew how reckless he was. Won Bin had sulked in his room when his father gave him an entire set of encyclopedia for his tenth birthday instead of the pony he had asked for.

Jun Hwa hated to see him sad so she came up with a brilliant idea. She had asked her own father to take her and Won Bin to this place.

“I know they’re not real horses but they can be if you just believe in magic. Besides, these horses do not smell!” She had said to him.

Ever since then whenever one of them was feeling down, they would both go and visit this place.

“I think we won’t fit into those stallions already,” Won Bin commented. It jolted Jun Hwa out of her reverie.

“Are you afraid you’ll look sill?” Jun Hwa challenged him.

“No, of course not. I’ll tell you what, we’ll buy some ice cream cone and ride on those horses. It’s a dare.” Won Bin said.

“You’re on!” Jun Hwa laughed.

A few minutes later, Jun Hwa laughed as she watched Won Bin struggle to keep his ice cream from melting while he grabbed the pole as the carousel picked up speed. Suddenly Jun Hwa felt like she was floating and all her troubles seemed like it had completely been blown by the wind. All around her, light became brighter as she realized night had fallen.

Later, she and Won Bin rode another turn but this time they settled for the carriage-like benches watching kids reaching out for the multicolored rings that hung on top of the carousel.

“I wish I was a kid again,” she said. “Everything would be happy again.”

“Jun Hwa, you’re the one who taught me how to be tough in facing problems. You told me not to runaway from them.” Won Bin gently reminded her.

“I know that sometimes it’s hard to be tough,” she said. She had the sudden dilemma of whether or not she should tell Won Bin everything. She looked at him as he tried to wipe his sticky hands with his handkerchief. Won Bin never knew how to eat ice cream from a cone neatly. She smiled in amusement. She at last decided not to tell him. Won Bin had helped her enough and besides, she doesn’t think he can handle that kind of big problem. After all, Won Bin was like a child.

Won Bin caught her looking at him. She felt him take her hands. His hand were still sticky, “Jun Hwa, whatever happens, I’ll be here for you.”

The gentle breeze caressed her cheeks as she stared into his eyes. Slowly she felt him drawing nearer as she slowly closed her eyes.

ooo nice one..
    i like it..

U going to write mOre right hahaha...

i will be there
    $this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v695/Xiao_Wen/banhk/banner_s.gif'), '')

been really busy these days..it's my last year in the univ...but I'll try to get some things done...thanks
    and