Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Legendary Siblings vs. Legendary Siblings II?

Quote Originally Posted by beanybeans
    Okay, i managed to find both the opening and end theme songs of Legendary Siblings 2. The opening theme song (有你的世界 | You Ni De Shi Jie | World With You) is sung by Jimmy Lin. And just in case you were interested, the end theme song (小鹿乱撞 | Xiao Lu Luan Zhuang | Heart Beating Fast) is sung by Li Xiao Lu, who plays Zi Yan in the series.

Here are the download links for the Legendary Siblings 2 theme songs:
    Opening Theme: Jimmy Lin - 有你的世界 | You Ni De Shi Jie | World With You
    End Theme: Li Xiao Lu - 小鹿乱撞 | Xiao Lu Luan Zhuang | Heart Beating Fast
    weee...thanks beanybeans..
    " To Accomplished great things
    we must not only act but also dream,
    not only plan but also BELIEVE."

DiChIe

wats the viet title, for both the series. is it just

tieu ngu nhi & hoa vu khuyet? (like the dicky cheung one)
    Always in search of great historical/costume dramas.
    Find me on MyDramaList ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by lilviet_grl8o8 View Post
    wats the viet title, for both the series. is it just

tieu ngu nhi & hoa vu khuyet? (like the dicky cheung one)
    LS1 is called Tuyet Dai Song Kieu (Jue Dai Shuang Jiao). I forget what LS2 is called. It's probably something with a higher superlative since they're an even more amazing pair of twins. So because of that, if i remember correctly, i believe that LS2 is Tuyet The Song Kieu (Jue Shi Shuang Jiao).

They decided to change it up a bit when they did another version of Legendary Siblings with Dicky and Nic by using the main characters' names in the title.
    I <3 MatsuJun

Forever Fahrenheit (飛輪海) - Jiro & Arron = <3

anyone have the ost for the legendary siblings I, if so can u please upload n share with me please thanks in advance

the whole ost? i only have the opening since Jimmy sang it.... :/

Default Xiaojiang and Xueyu sentiments

I was just rewatching parts of this series in my spare time a couple days ago. Strange thing is that after a couple years, I'm still in love with Xiaojiang and Xueyu. I thought time makes old feelings fade, but i was quite wrong. Fell in love with the couple again. Certain things just never die.

I think they are the highlight in the later part of the series, while the romance btw the leads tend to dull and the series starts to get out-of-direction and character. They look compatible right from the beginning, but I was caught offguard by the transformation of Xueyu which led to her romance with Xiaojiang.

Not many people noticed them in this series, but they're really different, unique and memorable. Their presence gave their show a very distinct feel. I think all the actors in Tianmen did pretty well and they had quite distinct costumes and characters too, eg The Three Knights and Twelve Cavaliers which was so cool, but well destructive.

I like Xiaojiang at first, then I fell in love with Xueyu too. She's very different from the leads; independent, willful and icy which I thought was quite difficult to act. It's easy to be cold, but to stay emotionless and then to start to feel and later to love. It's a very beautiful development and really a treat in the show to see such change. I really like her dimples as well and when she smiles at Xiaojiang.

Some pics of my favourite couple: Credits to n63.com

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/zara4ever/Legendary%20Siblings%202/jue2.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/zara4ever/Legendary%20Siblings%202/wwwn63com_s_th_e_n_f_fi_ll.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/zara4ever/Legendary%20Siblings%202/wwwn63com_fi_s_fi_fi_o_f_ll.jpg')

Default Requests for deleted scenes

In the 40 episode version of LS2, lots of scenes btw Xiaojiang and Xueyu were deleted. I think only Taiwan's CTS aired the whole 45 episodes version?

If anyone remembered what happened btw Xiaojiang and Xueyu in epi 41-45 after they re-united, could you describe what happened there?

Some deleted scenes shown below:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/zara4ever/Legendary%20Siblings%202/jue7.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/zara4ever/Legendary%20Siblings%202/jue4.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/zara4ever/Legendary%20Siblings%202/wwwn63com_f_se_n_se_o_s_ll.jpg')

Anyone knows what conversation they're talking about in the first pic? What's Xiaojiang 'zhen xin hua'?

Really appreciate it since I'm a Xiaojiang and Xueyu die-hard fan =)

Would have been a muuuuuch better show if they showed the whole 45 episodes instead of cutting 5 episodes into one! can't believe the director butchered his own series!! I hope they put up the whole 45 version on DVD someday. Cross my fingers......

WAH! I didnt get wat happen here !

I tot legendary sibling 1 cast is Jimmy N Alec, and Legendary sibling 2 is Nicholas Tse and Dicky Cheung...

So Jimmy actually acted in Legendary sibling2? Impossible coz i watch Legendary sibling 2 until end.. n i nvr saw jimmy! Can anyone explain it to me.. N where can i watch Legendary sibling 1 other den chruncyol. (dono how it suppose to spell) T_T

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by beans View Post
    WAH! I didnt get wat happen here !

I tot legendary sibling 1 cast is Jimmy N Alec, and Legendary sibling 2 is Nicholas Tse and Dicky Cheung...

So Jimmy actually acted in Legendary sibling2? Impossible coz i watch Legendary sibling 2 until end.. n i nvr saw jimmy! Can anyone explain it to me.. N where can i watch Legendary sibling 1 other den chruncyol. (dono how it suppose to spell) T_T

Thank you.
    Jimmy was in Legendary Siblings 2 (Jue Shi Shuang Jiao), the sequel to Legendary Siblings 1 (Jue Dai Shuang Jiao). Alec Su actually makes a guest appearance at the beginning with Jimmy where they reprise their roles from LS1. But then they get killed and when Jimmy's son grows up, it's actually Jimmy who plays that role too. Jimmy and Tae play the main leads. Li Xiao Lu and Tian Xin are also in it.

Nic Tse and Dicky Cheung were also in their own version of Legendary Siblings. I think the English title was called The Proud Twins and the Chinese title is Xiao Yu Er Yu Hua Wu Que. So they're completely different series. LS 2 is basically the continuation of LS 1 which Jimmy also starred in whereas The Proud Twins is like another "equivalent" of LS 1. LS 2 came out before The Proud Twins did, by the way.

You can read about the two series at their respective DramaWiki sites:
    Legendary Siblings 2
    The Proud Twins

I have no idea where you can find Legendary Siblings 1. As far as Legendary Siblings 2, there's a batch torrent for the complete series with English subs at d-addicts. There are also various other sites where i've seen it available for direct download with English subs. I don't know about online streaming sites since i mainly download when it comes to watching series (if i don't rent them at the video store).
    Last edited by beanybeans; 01-31-08 at 12:58 PM.
    I <3 MatsuJun

Thank you, beanybeans...

I finally understand wat this thread is about.But i gt one more question. Is TAE a china actor??

Quote Originally Posted by Nefertari View Post
    In the 40 episode version of LS2, lots of scenes btw Xiaojiang and Xueyu were deleted. I think only Taiwan's CTS aired the whole 45 episodes version?

If anyone remembered what happened btw Xiaojiang and Xueyu in epi 41-45 after they re-united, could you describe what happened there?

Some deleted scenes shown below:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/zara4ever/Legendary%20Siblings%202/jue7.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/zara4ever/Legendary%20Siblings%202/jue4.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/zara4ever/Legendary%20Siblings%202/wwwn63com_f_se_n_se_o_s_ll.jpg')

Anyone knows what conversation they're talking about in the first pic? What's Xiaojiang 'zhen xin hua'?

Really appreciate it since I'm a Xiaojiang and Xueyu die-hard fan =)

Would have been a muuuuuch better show if they showed the whole 45 episodes instead of cutting 5 episodes into one! can't believe the director butchered his own series!! I hope they put up the whole 45 version on DVD someday. Cross my fingers......
    HEY! I watched this series 4 years ago... was one of my fave...!
    The ending was a happy one, the bad villain goes mental after getting defeated by the twins... Jimmy and Tae had face changed before the final battle is all I can remember... Tae was the bad villains son I think, the guy in screenshot was actually Jimmys real brother.
    They all end up happily with their wives. Only sad one would be Tae after his wife got face burnt...
    내가 황제라면, 모든 단어에 의미를 부여하기 위해 사전을 만드는 일 부터 시작할 것이다.

AkA: strife_au in the old mythic golden era of SPCNET pre-2007... Pioneer and architect of chaos... The legend lives.

Quote Originally Posted by beans View Post
    Thank you, beanybeans...

I finally understand wat this thread is about.But i gt one more question. Is TAE a china actor??
    TAE is Thai.

Quote Originally Posted by cristal entity View Post
    HEY! I watched this series 4 years ago... was one of my fave...!
    The ending was a happy one, the bad villain goes mental after getting defeated by the twins... Jimmy and Tae had face changed before the final battle is all I can remember... Tae was the bad villains son I think, the guy in screenshot was actually Jimmys real brother.
    They all end up happily with their wives. Only sad one would be Tae after his wife got face burnt...
    Yeah, I thought Shuangshuang's face got burnt part was quite uncalled for. The show was already too long, they could have cut out some of the unneccessary sideplots which doesn't further develop the show.

One of the ironies is that Xiaojiang- guy in the picture was actually the main supporting actor not lead, when he was supposed to he Wuque's real son instead of Tae. This gives the show a weird feeling since 'shuang jiao' would in fact refer to Xiaoyu and Xiaojiang, not Xiaoyu and Wuji.

Yeah, I thought Shuangshuang's face got burnt part was quite uncalled for. The show was already too long, they could have cut out some of the unneccessary sideplots which doesn't further develop the show.

One of the ironies is that Xiaojiang- guy in the picture was actually the main supporting actor not lead, when he was supposed to he Wuque's real son instead of Tae. This gives the show a weird feeling since 'shuang jiao' would in fact refer to Xiaoyu and Xiaojiang, not Xiaoyu and Wuji.
    I think that maybe they did that to Tian Xin's character because she had other obligations to fulfill at the time and so couldn't finish filming the series. So it would be easier to cover up her face because of her burn injury and have another person replace her. But i thought it was pretty obvious that the actress wasn't Tian Xin.

And yeah, that was pretty funky when you found out the truth about Xiao Jiang. Overall, i didn't like this series that much. I prefer the first one more.
    I <3 MatsuJun

Quote Originally Posted by beanybeans View Post
    I think that maybe they did that to Tian Xin's character because she had other obligations to fulfill at the time and so couldn't finish filming the series. So it would be easier to cover up her face because of her burn injury and have another person replace her. But i thought it was pretty obvious that the actress wasn't Tian Xin.
    I didn't notice Tianxin got switched while I was watching the show. Only started noticing it when someone mentioned that on youtube. Lots of people say shuangshuang's actress look shorter than Tianxin.

I actually enjoyed this show a lot when it first started out. The jovial feeling at the gambling dens and also training course at Bu er Manor. The plot was fun and mysterious at some point. But towards the middle, everything faltered. The acting of the leads aren't enough to pull the show through and the romance was too draggy.

The show actually had a pretty good storyline if not watched as a sequel from LS 1, but the direction of the show changed and they didn't retain the mood or whatever logic there was at the beginning. Tianmen's cool but under-developed. The show doesn't have much aside from the leads struggling to overcome Tianmen and they aren't really as smart as they could have been. I couldn't see any real improvements or coolness in their martial arts, just CGI and computer effects.

On the other hand, I found Tianmen's kungfu really cool, esp The Three Knights, Xiaojiang n Xueyu's.

Tae and Jimmy were likeable but pretty much one-dimension in this show.

I actually enjoyed this show a lot when it first started out. The jovial feeling at the gambling dens and also training course at Bu er Manor. The plot was fun and mysterious at some point. But towards the middle, everything faltered. The acting of the leads aren't enough to pull the show through and the romance was too draggy.

Tianmen's cool but under-developed. The show doesn't have much aside from the leads struggling to overcome Tianmen and they aren't really as smart as they could have been.

On the other hand, I found Tianmen's kungfu really cool, esp The Three Knights, Xiaojiang n Xueyu's.

Tae and Jimmy were likeable but pretty much one-dimension in this show.
    Hey Nef, I notice you are a big Xiaojiang fan. So just wanted to comment. His character seems to be very talented. Remember he told the one guy he joined Bu Er Manor in order to challenge. To challenge himself to be the best. Then he actually was able to roll 3 sixes a couple months later. So if he tried, he could do it.

(The scene where TianMen finds Yao Yue and the two leads hidden in the valley.) It seemed like a joke that Jimmy and Tae can take on the evil guy for a few stances at that part of their martial arts. I don't think even Xiaojiang and XueYu could take on the evil guy at that point, much less the two main leads. Then of course, the evil guy probably took it easy cause one of the two is his real son.

The Yellow Knight I thought played his part well. He had that arrogance on him.

Pretty scary wulin to live in. TianMen dominates wulin. The leader of the "good sects" is an a*hole as well, not much better than the main villain. And the only person who comes close to defeating TianMen, she is by herself, and she is really not "good" either.

Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    Hey Nef, I notice you are a big Xiaojiang fan. So just wanted to comment. His character seems to be very talented. Remember he told the one guy he joined Bu Er Manor in order to challenge. To challenge himself to be the best. Then he actually was able to roll 3 sixes a couple months later. So if he tried, he could do it.
    Yeah, I'm quite a fan of Xiaojiang and a bigger fan of Xueyu because i take to her rather well, though Xiaojiang was the more outstanding one. You have a pretty good memory of the show to remember such details. Yeah, I feel the incidents at Bu-er Manor was the more interesting parts of the show and Xiaojiang definitely garnered a lot of attention with his character.

(The scene where TianMen finds Yao Yue and the two leads hidden in the valley.) It seemed like a joke that Jimmy and Tae can take on the evil guy for a few stances at that part of their martial arts. I don't think even Xiaojiang and XueYu could take on the evil guy at that point, much less the two main leads. Then of course, the evil guy probably took it easy cause one of the two is his real son.
    Yeah, i thought so too. It was one of the many illogical scenes in the show, but I guessed probably the leads didn't portray it well enough. Their kungfu was verbally said to improved by leaps and bounds, but they sure didn't act it, only have a lot of CGI to back up their kungfu, with the explosion and spinning around. I find the kungfu in Tianmen more concise and when Xiaojiang's kungfu improved later in the series, it was pretty obvious as well, with his different kungfu strokes.

The Yellow Knight I thought played his part well. He had that arrogance on him.

Pretty scary wulin to live in. TianMen dominates wulin. The leader of the "good sects" is an a*hole as well, not much better than the main villain. And the only person who comes close to defeating TianMen, she is by herself, and she is really not "good" either.
    I agree. The Yellow Knight was the most outstanding of the three. Costume helped a lot, and also the way he carried himself and issued orders to the rest. It was a bit sad when he was framed and died under the sword of the other two Knights. He was bad, but he's really loyal to Tianmen as well.

I find it a bit overdone - the fact that Tianmen dominates Wulin. There's not much into the show in the later half of the series, aside from this fact yet Tianmen I feel is still under-developed. The focus seemed to be mainly on the four leads and their draggy romance all along.

Default Jiangxue collages

Just adding some self-made collages. Too bad I can't put on Chinese characters on the collage itself. My best and most humble effot....

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/zara4ever/Legendary%20Siblings%202/Jiangxue08.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/zara4ever/Legendary%20Siblings%202/Jiangxue03copy.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/zara4ever/Legendary%20Siblings%202/Jiangxue09.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/zara4ever/Legendary%20Siblings%202/Jiangxue_Xueyu.jpg')