View Poll Results: Who's brainier?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Huang Rong

34 91.89%
  • Ren Ying Ying

3 8.11%

Thread: Who would win in a match of wits?

Default Who would win in a match of wits?

Who has the greater brain power?

most probably huang rong

Definetly Hunag Rong.

Of course my mom's the brainier woman. I'm so proud of her!
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

maybe u shld change the poll to huang rong vs zhuge liang(from 3 guo yan yi)

Default Brains: Huang Rong vs Ren Yingying

Actually, I find it kinda hard to tell.

The two girls functioned in different environments, so the roles they played (and thus the "brain-works" displayed) were different as well.

Huang Rong was the daughter of Huang Yaoshi, a man who did not really care for political clout or wulin domination in the way that most top-notch and/or ambitious pugilists would. Because of her father's idiosyncracies, Huang Rong grew up on a relatively silent Plum Blossom Island. Leaving the island, she proved herself capable of surviving the complexities of "outside world", indicating a certain level of inborn intelligence. After meeting Guo Jing, her intelligence became a lot more obvious, mostly because the man was not very smart in the first place and had to rely a lot on her in many situations.

On the other hand, Ren Yingying was the daughter of Ren Woxing, a man who yearned for wulin domination, as well as worked and schemed towards it. Their Sun-Moon Sect had thousands of members and followers, so Ren Yingying was exposed to politics from a young age. Although she was not political by nature (according to JY himself), she probably had to learn very quickly from a young age to respond to the upheavals that were taking place around her in the Sun-Moon Sect. Since this was essential for her survival until adulthood and beyond, she had to possess a certain level of innate intelligence as well, in order to succeed at the task. After meeting Linghu Chong, she was literally forced to take the lead in many situations because the man was physically wounded in a serious manner most of the time and too emotionally bogged down by his tenuous relationships with Yue Lingshan and Yue Buqun to think straight. But Linghu Chong was actually a smart and very streetwise man who could think very fast on his feet if he did not have all the emotional baggage.

But the greatest difference between Huang Rong and Ren Yingying is the space given to them by JY for the display of their intelligence. Huang Rong had almost all of LOCH and a significant part of ROCH to show what she could do in a wide variety of circumstances, but Ren Yingying had only three-quarters of XAJH or less to prove herself worthy of the readers' vote, mostly in situations caused by Linghu Chong's untimely incapacitation. What then would Ren Yingying be able to show us if she had as much space and opportunity as Huang Rong? What if Linghu Chong was generally physically and emotionally well during the time he spent with Ren Yingying, as Guo Jing usually was when he was with Huang Rong? Would that have made any difference on the intelligence display of Ren Yingying?

Consequently, while there is a natural inclination to choose Huang Rong in the first instance, subsequent thought may make the decision slightly less simple or straightforward.

hmmmmm I didn't know RYY was considered smart.....I dun think she even have half of the intelligence of HR

just as an extra option, if Zhao Min was added into the poll then I'd think that HR would best ZM by a bit, but RYY would b left wayyy back in terms of brainpower and cunning.

Quote Originally Posted by shen long
    hmmmmm I didn't know RYY was considered smart.....I dun think she even have half of the intelligence of HR
    Like HYS said, that's because RYY didn't have as much screen time as Huang Rong to show her intelligence. Also, Huang Rong has the not so bright GJ by her side. So, she has ample opportunity to show her intelligence and safe his ***. Linghu Chong on the other hand is an intelligent man himself. So, he more or less can get out of fix and take care of himself (except when it's related to the Yue Family and Hua Shan Sect). Btw, I always has the impression that RYY is a very intelligent girl herself when I watch SOD96.

I have to go with Huang Rong

Agree with Kidd, but still think HR is smarter.

Don't think RYY can handle (via intelligence/cunning) the strongest villian (DFBB or YBQ) in XAJH, whereas HR was able to counter the powerful and also intelligent OYF.

Did HR gain her cunningness through her dad or her mother? H7G suggested that HYS is also cunning (like father like daughter), but HYS never stood out in fights against his equals. One would assume being more intelligent and reportedly more cunning, he will do better than the other three. Too arrogant and honorable to use trickery?

Quote Originally Posted by yittz
    Don't think RYY can handle (via intelligence/cunning) the strongest villian (DFBB or YBQ) in XAJH...
    Ren Woxing, Linghu Chong and Xiang Wentian were able to defeat Dongfang Bubai because Ren Ying Ying used his (DFBB's) affections for Yang Lianting against him (DFBB).

This seems more like a popularity contest than an actual comparison of wits.
    明月心跳起來,又回頭,嫣然道,“你還要不要我帶上那面具?”
    傅紅雪冷道,“現在你臉上豈非已經戴上了個面具?”